[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

Two more characters?? Who knows?2024 is far away. 

I am going to close my books on this show after tonight. If YW kayak deed does not end up with JH tonight, that will be fine. She's happy in her own world, he is alone for only seconds.

SY has a thorny path ahead with Kwon, but she's level headed. I think she'll find happiness. 
CEO Han will get her revenge without doing much because CEO Tae's son is going to be in deep trouble. I hope the fat guy in Raon is not the culprit. He's rather likeable. 
Finally, YW's pa should have a happy life, he had changed his life to raise YW who's ready to fly off.

OK, writer, do your worse and make everything hang for S2. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wonder if youngwoo gets this envelope after meeting with her mom and it might be the same request to ask her to leave south korea! that would be awful!

edits- looking at the pic it's the guy holding the envelope. he gives youngwoo the envelope but he must work for taesan!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

At this point, I’m just expecting the worse ending ever. It’s better to keep my hopes low, so the disappointment doesn’t hit me too hard. Lol. I must say, though, regardless of how it all ends, I’m gonna miss this drama, our OTP, Attorney Jung, the friendships, and more.

About our OTP, I think Jun Ho gotta consider other factors besides love and happiness like whether he will be able to handle the possible loneliness he may feel while in a relationship with WYW. It seems like it’s something he never considered before when we look at his facial expressions when she told him that.  

Edited by haruhi17
Wrong spelling of name
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, haruhi17 said:

At this point, I’m just expecting the worse ending ever. It’s better to keep my hopes low, so the disappointment doesn’t hit me too hard. Lol. I must say, though, regardless of how it all ends, I’m gonna miss this drama, our OTP, Attorney Jung, the friendships, and more.

About our OTP, I think Jun Ho gotta consider other factors besides love and happiness like whether he will be able to handle the possible loneliness he may feel while in a relationship with WYW. It seems like it’s something he never considered before when we look at his facial expressions when she told him that.  

I feel 1 episode is too less a time to tie it up neatly.I didn't like how Attny Jung went out of action during the finale.Deserved more screentime than Attny Jang at the end.. He is such a delightful,warm and humorous character. Will miss him with the Hanbada crew and Youngo Woo's oddball friends.

• Like 3

Joo Jong Hyuk Talks About His Family’s Reactions To His Growing Popularity And Role In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Aug 18, 2022
by S. Kim

Newly emerging actor Joo Jong Hyuk, who is currently receiving a lot of attention for his role in the hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” joined Harper’s BAZAAR Korea for a pictorial and interview!

His character “tactician Kwon Min Woo” is a much-hated role by fans of the drama. However, Joo Jong Hyuk himself is actually just a sincere and talented actor who practiced taekwondo from a young age and had a long bartending career. Through the pictorial, which portrays his bright image, he showcased qualities of a multifaceted actor.

joo-jong-hyuk.jpeg

In the interview, he shared his feelings about playing the only villain in a drama where all the other characters are loved. He remarked, “Even my family swears at me. My father visits my Instagram every day. He says, ‘You lost 1,000 followers today. Stop being mean.’ Not long ago, I reached 200,000 followers, and my father took a screenshot of it and sent it to me via KakaoTalk, saying, ‘Congratulations! You have reached 200,000 followers!’ So it’s okay to be hated. At first I wondered, ‘Are they talking bad about me? Or are they talking about Kwon Min Woo?’ but now I take it as a compliment for doing a good job [on acting].” He added that he is grateful for the public’s interest in him.

Regarding nicknames such as “tactician” and “resignation recommended,” Joo Jong Hyuk shared that he likes “countryside mixed breed [dog] Jong Hyuk” the most out of all his new nicknames. He explained, “I often played the role of a naive youth in independent films. [This nickname] seems to fit my image well.”joo-jong-hyuk2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1541189wpp/joo-jong-hyuk-talks-about-his-familys-reactions-to-his-growing-popularity-and-role-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Park Eun Bin Has To Make Final Decisions About Lover Kang Tae Oh And Mother Jin Kyung In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Aug 18, 2022
by L. Kim

Park Eun Bin will face a crossroads of decisions in the final episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

On the previous episode, Woo Young Woo and her fellow colleagues Choi Su Yeon (Ha Yun Kyung) and Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk) formed an alliance against the tyrant Jang Seung Jun (Choi Dae Hoon). The three of them showed brilliant teamwork, but there are still some issues left unresolved, including Woo Young Woo’s love life and her connection with birth mother Tae Su Mi (Jin Kyung) of Taesan and her half-brother Choi Sang Hyun (Choi Hyun Jin), who might be the hacker involved in the previous case concerning the online shopping mall Raon.

Newly released stills from the last episode depicts the unfinished love story of Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho (Kang Tae Oh). Previously, he wasn’t able to say anything when she revealed the real reason why she broke up with him. He waits in front of her house again, but there is a suspicious man following her. In one photo, Woo Young Woo holds an envelope from the Taesan, and Lee Joon Ho looks uncomfortably at someone as he stands beside her.

In episode 16, Woo Young Woo will also face Tae Su Mi once again. The two become inevitably tangled up with each other due to Choi Sang Hyun, and Han Sun Young’s (Baek Ji Won’s) cold eyes hint that things will not go smoothly at all.

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-6-1536x1280.j

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-6-scaled.jpg

The drama’s producers teased “Woo Young Woo, who has been agonizing over what a true lawyer is, will be at a crossroads again due to this incident. Please watch how Woo Young will grow in terms of work, love, and relationships.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1541165wpp/park-eun-bin-has-to-make-final-decisions-about-lover-kang-tae-oh-and-mother-jin-kyung-in-extraordinary-attorney-woo

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

I remember reading someone's comment about why Tae Su Mi wanted WYW to go to work in her office in Boston when WYW didn't speak English. I recent rewatched the first episode and just noticed that on her resume, her TOEIC score is 990, which is extraordinary. With such a high score, I would say she's fluent in English. About the difference between US law and Korean law, it shouldn't be too hard for WYW, since she has such a photogenic mind.

Just finished the finale - last thoughts

- I don't mind Tae Su Mi's change of heart, but for it to happen 5 minutes prior to her confirmation hearing all from one conversation from WYW fell way too rushed.  Nevermind the totally skipped over personal interactions that would almost certainly happen when someone discovers they have a little brother/big sister - way too rushed as well

- I don't like AT ALL the lack of an explanation for CEO Han's actions.  It clearly wasn't simply to surpass her lawfirm, as we get the cryptic ... I let you off easy this time ...  This clearly insinuates it was about more than business, and without at least the partial explanation that was provided in the deleted scene, it actually makes CEO Han look like a schemer as well.

- I didn't like the way Geurami's character was almost absent in the last few episodes

- I didn't and still don't like Min Woo's sudden inexplicable character transformation and almost forced pairing with Su Yeon

- I'm glad attorney Jung is making a recovery, but whats with the back&forth on returning to the firm?  You could've died, get back together with your ex, resign from the firm, then sign on with them as a mere consultant - live your life.  Focus on your new(old) wife 

- Not enough time spent on our couple - Its great they got back together, and I loved the car confession, but not even a kiss in the finale??? Really??? :rage:

- Jun Ho never even met WYW's father!

A great drama that faded toward the end unfortunately - still I enjoyed it

:approves:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Eh.. I might tune into S02 as Mr. Taesan with BMW is a hottie LoL. I'm shallow I know so sue me. And Jun Ho I still love ya.

"The unrequited love toward a cat" - ha-ha. I'm more a doggo person but that analogy I sorta get LoL. Cats are solitary, independent animals.. while doggos are sociable & need to be in a pack.

Young Woo was real brave to plead with her mother to let her half-bro show up in court. However, it still looks like Hanbada CEO isn't done with her grudge.. yet. Sigh. DNA is undeniable ha. Both siblings are geniuses who're gimbap lovers.

Lovin' everyone's smiles including Papa Woo. I like that Young Woo has come full circle in the season finale. She is now a full-time employee and has a sense of fulfillment. I like how she skips too LoL, I should do that but I would be too shy LoL.

That she is learning to co-exist with the "other whales, belugas etc". Although her life is peculiar, it can be beautiful too - love it. 

Well that's it folks. Hope to see y'all for S02! Bye-bye and take care. 

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Ki Young Shares His Approach To His “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Character, Praise For Park Eun Bin, And More

Esquire Korea has unveiled their pictorial and interview with Kang Ki Young!

The photo shoot captures Kang Ki Young’s unique charms. When asked his thoughts on improvised ideas throughout the shoot, Kang Ki Young impressed the staff members with his professional response, “I enjoy all new challenges so please comfortably tell me what to do, no matter what it is.”

In his interview, Kang Ki Young touched on receiving lots of love for his latest role as lawyer Jung Myung Seok in ENA’s hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo.” He humbly shared, “I’m trying not to be too excited. Since [viewers] like my new image, I want to learn even more new things and I’m so excited at the anticipation of wondering what image I’ll be able to showcase next time.”

Kang-Ki-Young-3-1229x1536.jpeg

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is a drama that highlights the importance of empathy, trust, and growth, which Kang Ki Young’s kind character Jung Myung Seok was a perfect model of. Kang Ki Young commented with a laugh, “That’s why I often heard that he was like a unicorn.” He added, “To be honest, it feels a bit shameful whenever I hear words like that. Because it feels like it means that people like him don’t exist in real life.”

Kang Ki Young elaborated, “There are definitely aspects that made Myung Seok look especially kind. Not all people can be great and even if someone is a good person, in the process of meeting others, you can imagine in how many aspects people don’t get along. However, I acted in my role with the belief that there are a lot of these kind [workplace] seniors everywhere in our society. I still think that. I think there are a lot of them, once you start looking.”

Kang-Ki-Young-2-1229x1536.jpeg

Regarding how meaningful “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is to him personally, Kang Ki Young spoke about how the drama taught him a lot and made him want to become someone who has a positive influence on others.

Kang Ki Young also talked about his co-star Park Eun Bin, who leads the drama in the role of Woo Young Woo. He shared, “As much as Myung Seok has learned from Woo Young Woo, Kang Ki Young has also learned a lot from Park Eun Bin. Eun Bin’s attitude towards acting and her efforts to lift the atmosphere on set are really incredible. It always feels like I’m making a mistake or doing something wrong and Eun Bin is always on the ball.”

Spoiler

Kang-Ki-Young-1-1229x1536.jpeg

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” aired its finale on August 18. You can check out Kang Ki Young’s full interview and pictorial in the September issue of Esquire Korea.

Kang Ki Young Shares His Approach To His “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Character, Praise For Park Eun Bin, And More | Soompi

• Like 2

A warm and feel good ending as mentee extraordinary attorney Woo is ready to face the world with a sense of fullfillment.More emotions are awaiting to be updated in her poster. A younger brother, lover, tactician turned helpful colleague,phone call away mentor...the narwhale's beluga pod is growing in strength.Whatever may life throw Young Woo will over come it in her own rhythmic steps..

Sorely missed dad not meeting Junho.Tae Su Mi's husband not even turning up at his son's trial.Junho being unaware CEO of Taesan is YoungWoo's mom.Attny Jang not being kicked out for almost losing the 1st trial.

• Like 2

As I predicted, everything would be wrapped up quickly in that the circumstances of the trial would be the answer to everyone's problems. I didn't expect much from it but it still feels like there's something missing.

I second the thought mentioned above on how CEO Han is so hell-bent on crushing Tae Su Mi. I feel like she may have had a crush on WYW's father in their college days or something like that, but ehh...

As well as Attorney Kwon's sudden change -- is Jeju that healing that you change your attitude forever after 1 trip?

But really liked Park Eun Bin's acting and she topped Yeon Mo with this so I just HOPE that she finally gets some kind of big award like Daesang this year.

Edit: Okay just learned from Twitter that there's going to be Season 2 so I guess that's why they left out a lot of information.

• Like 3

I am definitely not disappointed in Ep 16. WYW kayak deed etc. and JH did not break up. It's quite beautiful the way YW teared up when JH explained why they shouldn't break up. She said that it was an inappropriate analogy or was that a translation error? That's a good analogy.

The cat although a self preoccupied animal - sorry cat lovers, I like animals on TV, in books and the jungles- loves its owner. 

Trying to tie loose ends and give enough hints for S2 are contradicting, but quite a good effort. 

The Raon case in Ep 15 showed CEO Kim to be a high school leaver, had the same problem as YW, unfocused at the meeting when compared with the other CEO, Kim also was not as good as boy genius in hacking and quite an idiot to risk the company he co-founded. So why keep him till they serve 80% of the country? I don't like it. Silicon valley is full of brilliant high school leavers and college dropouts. Common beliefs on superiority of formal schooling don't apply to entrepreneurs. They may start S2 with Kim being forgiven - good intentions, bad move. 

CEO Han is a smart woman and she is fooled by Jang's capabilities? 

Anyway, I truly enjoyed the show which at the end had placed all main characters in a good place, except for the poor whales who had only one appearance. 

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for the last episode *Episode 16! :).*

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Finale Breaks Own Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” ended on a high note!

On August 18, the finale of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” achieved the highest viewership ratings of the drama’s entire run, breaking its own record for the highest ratings earned by any program in ENA history.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the hit drama scored an average nationwide rating of 17.5 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show. “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” also took first place in its time slot across all channels among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 7.9 percent.

Earlier this week, ASTORY CEO Lee Sang Baek announced that he hoped to produce a second season of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” while a source at ENA stated that they were discussing the possibility.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Finale Breaks Own Record For Highest Ratings In ENA History | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1