[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

Meanwhile, tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” remained relatively stable with an average nationwide rating of 9.7 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The popular drama was also the most-watched program in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 5.6 percent for the night

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-as-twenty-five-twenty-one-remains-no-1-in-time-slot/#ixzz7MjS4PXc5

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Someone on Twitter has a theory that in 2001, Yi-Jin will be one of the victims of the 9/11 attacks. All because of behind the scene photos of Yi-Jin having luggage.

It would make sense since the show usally have some sort of real life current event happening on that same year.

2021 = COVID-19

1997 = IMF Crisis 

2001 = 9/11????

But it wouldn't make sense since Hee-Do's mom in 2021 clearly states that she saw him a month ago back in Episode 4. 

Spoiler on possible ending to the drama. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

29 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I think you need to put a spoiler about the possible ending. .the tweet about this was deleted because its triggering to some people. . .and not all people want to read about the theories

Spoiler

I dont think they will go that far with 9/11 tbh

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Skysky said:

I think you need to put a spoiler about the possible ending. .the tweet about this was deleted because its triggering to some people. . .and not all people want to read about the theories

Sorry about that. 

• Like 3

@bee_wannabe

I agree on Tae Ri's eye acting whenever she has a crying scene ha-ha. You are spot on. It reminds me of anime/manga characters y'know LoL? 

They always look dewy(?) or glistening in their eye when they tear up. I am still blown away by how youthful Tae Ri looks. She appear the same age as Joo Hyuk, her co-star. Also she has so much robust energy which is typical of a teenager that age LoL. 

The hate comments crack me up as I understood some were probably from South East Asia? That shows the extensive viewership this drama has. Also a compliment to Bona's acting LoL. She should be pleased, if anything. She use to be pretty much a safe actress in her previous dramas, so it's nice to see her switching it up for this.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

:lol: so YJ gets his own medicine when he busts in on HD in the store room.  So cringey their confessions and the love heart message carved on a chair?   Cutie Pie didn’t look particularly pleased :lol:.

Looks like MC’s dad is still alive.  I don’t think YJ died.  He’s still alive and they just didn’t end up together in the end.  I am fine with that.  They were each other’s support during the time they needed it most.  And they moved on.  HD’s store had the sign 25-21 on it so she recognizes the part he played in her life.  

I am not sure YR will be able to withstand the disappointment of being second to HD.  I found it interesting that HD thought the hardest part of the tournament was (when YJ asked her in the interview) when she saw how dejected YR was.  It’s hard to see your “idol” lose.  YR’s whole identity is tied up with her being a gold medalist.  Even if her parents tell her to take them out of the equation when it comes to her fencing.  Their love for her doesn’t change.  I think deep down YR knew she lost fair and square to HD, she just refuses to admit to failure.  She can’t face up to that possibility.  She’s not going to be able to run away from that reality forever.  When that reality hits, I hope she doesn’t give up on life and sees other options open for her.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, kboramint said:

Saw the first two minutes of Episode 7, and I assume this confirms that Kim Min-Chae's father is still alive and it's not Baek Yi-Jin.

Oh really? It made me think that he could be as he is a journalist and we see at the beginning that HD's mother was sent to Paris to work and her family followed. I think this might be similar but HD and her daughter did not follow. This actually made me think, for the first time, that BYJ might be the father!!

I actually felt more sorry fro YR than ever before. I think she does not like fencing anymore and that the pressure is really too much for her to handle. But we see that she feels so guilty that she imposed fencing on her poor parents that she is caught ina bad situation: she cannot stop even though she has lost the fun part of the sport. I really do think she is truly miserable but does not know how to get out of this miserable state as she believes she must continue for her family...

I totally agree with you @banghyeri!

@YinyeYeah it is kinda sad but it shows that Bora did a good job portraying such an insecure character.

Also, I think it is hard to compare her to HD as their experiences are so different! I think HD is getting out of this whole thing ok beacuse she still finds fencing fun and is thus driven.

@SkyskyI agree that YR is nice to people that are nice to her but actually that is a general known fact in psychology: you are nice to the people that are nice to you. So if someone is nasty to you, just be nice and over time, you'll see their attitude change. They might not end up liking you but they certainly will become indifferent.

Oh and wow those photos of adult HD! She looks so cool!! :)

@bee_wannabeI also agree that the directing is really stunning. Such a beautiful show really.

@nrlleeI agree but I also think it was the hardest moment because YR denied it. I think HD imagined that when she would be recognized by YR but the fact taht she denied it so publicly made it hard for HD and as if her dream was further denied to her depite winning. Does it make sense?...

I knew that we had to talk about BYJ's love history at some point. After all, he is good-looking, used to be rich and was super popular in school. there was no way he was not popular with the ladies!! he he...

I am still anxious about the future development of the story as it is going quite slowly. I mean episode 7 took place over what, two days... Damn I don't want it to feel rushed at the end...

ETA: Saw this video from today's episode!! :fullofhearts:

Spoiler

• Like 6

Bona’s acting in today’s episode is superb. She’s one of the best idol turned actress imo. Many idols turned actresses/actors can’t act well even after starring so many dramas. 

And for Nam Joo Hyuk, I think now that he got Kim Tae Ri as his partner, it boosted his acting so much. KTR has been well known to portray all the emotions with all of her body. Even to the small gestures. I’m glad that it positively affected NJH’s acting so much. To which why he could act BYJ so damn well (though it also backed up by how flawless this man looked in here :D )

Regarding MC’s appa, it’s no longer bothering me. As long as they both are happy, that’s enough for me. I think writer-nim had been relaying the message for numerous times, to keep on fighting no matter the situation you’re in. The IMF crisis, COVID. To them (HD-YJ) in their youth, romance problem can be a big crisis. But at the end of the day, be it they ended up with each other or not, as long as they can endure the hard times, no matter how the outcome will be, they’ll get up and live on. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@YongZura⁷

Thanks for the post above! Hmmm…who is she calling Injeolmi? BYJ? 

Was thinking about the surname of Min-Chae…could it be that the debtors came after BYJ and he had to change his surname? So his daughter wouldn’t be a Baek? Heh. I want them to end up together so bad. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, rocat said:

Was thinking about the surname of Min-Chae…could it be that the debtors came after BYJ and he had to change his surname? So his daughter wouldn’t be a Baek? Heh. I want them to end up together so bad.

That is what I was thinking... perhaps seeing him on TV and thus suceeds, he decides to change his name? Perhaps he took his mother's last name - do we know it BTW? Would that prevent him from having to reimburse his father's debts?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

That is what I was thinking... perhaps seeing him on TV and thus suceeds, he decides to change his name? Perhaps he took his mother's last name - do we know it BTW? Would that prevent him from having to reimburse his father's debts?

That can be the case too. YJ’s mom name is Kim Young Sun if I’m not mistaken. I’ve searched it before with the same thought in mind LOL.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Watched ep 8, ahh heedo realising her feelings is very funny, but I love how she always try to figure out what she is feeling or why it is happening rather than ignoring it or pushing it aside.

I also like how heedo is written, she is a person who knows what she wants and is someone who is willing to go to any limits to achieve that.

Many of us don't know what we want or even if we find what we want, we don't know how to get it.

Yurim is at this point just miserable, she is someone who hides her real feelings or real self from others , only shows what everyone wants to see. I wish she could let her feelings out and cry her heart out in front of someone. I wish she does it in front of heedo. After all heedo is the person she herself found. Heedo could become like yi jin for yurim.

Someone who always has got your back.

I finally found the real villian in heedo's life , sadly it's her mom.

I get it she is news reader and a journalist who should not be biased.

But does it take too much effort to say to heedo that it was not a bad call , she won it fair. She could just congratulate her, or a simple sentence such as I trust you.

Her mom maybe a good grandmother but she was a terrible mom to heedo.

Thank God heedo have that female coach, who will probably become a mother figure to her.

What do guys think will happen now that yurim knows who her chat friend is ?

Will she change her attitude towards heedo ,try to understand her?

I hope yi jin comes clean faster, it will be cruel to heedo, if she doesn't know who the real injeolmi is.

I hope she goes and confronts yurim and say everything she wanted to say to her dear chat friend.

The  writer needs to wind up this rivals turned friends act by the next two episodes. Writer need to show how strong their friendship becomes.( That beach scenes)

They also need to show yi jin and heedo's love story and tell who the real father is?

I wish they get enough time to show all this and not rush everything in last episode.

• Like 6

today’s ep gave YR a chance for redemption with HD and the audience..

no excuse for her horrible attitude towards HD but at least, we get to see the stress and burden on her shoulders as a fencing star, she even had to swallow her pride in front of the federation regarding advancing her pension.. that lady, even made such a cruel remark about her not being born into a wealthy family.. i think its not the first time YR got slapped with such a mindless remark, the NTC coach said that too right?

i hope YJ clarified the part about imjeolmi.. i don’t quite like it if they were to jump into a relationship based on an intentional misunderstanding..

==

I LOVE HOW GENEROUS HD IS!!!

with all the breads.. and STICKERS!!!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2