[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

4 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I am not sure what BYJ feels is not love but I agree with you that they won't be a couple just yet. I think BYJ is mature enough to know that if he uses the term "love" like this, NHD will take it as romantic love. Plus he could have defined it as different kind of love but using the term 'rainbow' like NHD did but he chose not to. So if he uses 사랑, that means it really is love. I also think it was clear in this episode that he was attracted to her. No?

It can be true too. But I assume he still sees HD as a minor. I remembered the scene in the bus when HD asked him whether he dated YR or not, he said that an adult should meet an adult. Don’t know for sure. But I’m just enjoying the view of smiling YJ for sure. LOL. But I think the scene where my heart fluttered the most is the bridal carry scene. It’s a romantic way of carrying someone. I kept repeating the scene. Can you imagine being carried in such way while the ppl surround you are all staring? 

Ah! And I’m happy when HD’s tsundere mom interrogating YJ and HD, to me it seems that she concerned more about HD will get hurt since they’re so close with each other. When HD said did she get nothing to say as her mom, not as a sunbae, she told them to get along well. I don’t know whether the netflix subs for the sentence is on point or not. But I still think she’s afraid that one day HD will get hurt because of this. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i love how HD instantly stood up against those girls for badmouthing YR.. and how they found one another hahahaha the sudden overflowing TLC gave me bits of goosebumps although i was grinning at those scenes

Happy Surprise GIF by Rosanna Pansino

as for the bad premonition speculations.. my guess in spoiler

Spoiler

i’m thinking that the bad producer might have been the one (not HD’s mom please!) to expose the budding romance between YJ and HD.. that might have tarnished YJ’s reputation as a reporter.. thats why he had to choose to leave

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, banghyeri said:

It can be true too. But I assume he still sees HD as a minor. I remembered the scene in the bus when HD asked him whether he dated YR or not, he said that an adult should meet an adult. 

They confirming their feeling doesn't mean that they would date. In bus scene NHD asked 'are you dating YR?' to BYJ, so he answered that (its about dating) . I think both confirming their feeling is necessary for the story, remember what BYJ said? that you need to be in love first to be sad after the break up! So like I said, its also a hint that they will break up soon, because in this eps they admiting that they are in love. .if they don't do it, the upcoming break up wouldnt be as dramatic, because they were just in 'friend' relationship. . right? This is drama after all lol

@sadthe1st my prediction :

Spoiler

I think its about BYJ breaking the trust, because he keeps repeating few times during today eps like 'NHD please trust me, I dont want you to be hurt' I think BYJ cant keep his promise, and the producer will have full control of the documentary, BYJ failed to protect NHD and she will get hurt. 

Well the media industry is harsh, I doubt BYJ can do a lot even he promise to do it, since he is just a newcomer. Just like NHD mom, she is used to hurting her close relatives because of her job (even her own daughter) sooner or later NHD will get hurt because of media and sadly BYJ is also part of it 

What do you mean about BYJ leave? Leaving as UBS reporter? 

• Like 7

@Skysky

Spoiler

i think he might leave korea to continue pursue journalism overseas..

a push factor might be from the reporter-athlete relationship that he might end up leaving..

and not sure if the fencing judge (mr smith) will still be useful in later part of the plot as the person who might scout him overseas

• Like 3

This episode killed me... 

it was so emotional and in the end wholesome. It wasn't about will they or won't they, but about, WHAT IS HIS RESPONSE? Because he kept not answering as the circumstances weren't right. And then she asks him again, and he tells her he loves her. AND THEN THAT SMILE. 

dead GIF

Heedo my girl is so courageous, yes she ran away when she felt embarrassed, but then she comes back thrice as strong. She is so unapologetically herself: a kind, warmhearted, strong girl, who will always back up her friends, but also stand up for what's right, in any situation. 

Yurim is the kind of girl who is very insecure and has been feeling that way due to her poor background. While I hated her actions, I have to say she didn't "redeem" herself, out of her actions, but because she finally made one small step and Heedo made a giant leap for her. But this time she didn't swat away Heedo's friendly overtures and embraced them. I have to say when they were datelike and all smiley (sismance instead of romance) and Yijin was the outsider, it made me squeal too, because they were just so cute, because they found each other, got over the issue of insecurities.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

as for the bad premonition speculations.. my guess in spoiler

I also think your spoiler is right. That Producer had EVIL EYES. I couldn't believe he made them repeat the scene many times, and then everyone ignoring Heedo being injured, every adult in that room just stood by as if their INTERVIEW SUBJECTS ARE INVISIBLE. 

I'm afraid that PD will ruin HD/YR's image for the sake of trash gossip soap opera. I don't think YJ will sell out, but perhaps he will disappoint HD, as he may be stubborn about some things, but clearly the risktaker here is Heedo, although that may be because she is very impulsive, whereas YJ thinks a lot about consequences. 

• Like 6

I swear the looks Yi Jin keep givin' Hee Do melts me into a puddle of goo hehehehehee. I really thought he was goin' to get her to hop on one leg but nope, he actually carried her WoW (swoons) That PD guy was scum.

Ahahah I am not used to this newfound lovefest Yoo Rim/ Hee Do got goin' on but it's still nice to see 'em make up for a change.

It warmed my heart how her mom embraced and comforted Hee Do... Sigh this ep. was just so wholesome and filled with bursting warm colors like the rainbow LoL. I kept cheering for Yi Jin to "kiss her" over & over but her mom showed up .. oh well LoL.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Usually lurking but can't help but say something.

I didn't like YiJin in this episode. He was  really patronising!! 

Hee Do was very honest and told him all the complications, and instead of giving her his answer which would clarify everything quickly, he just told her to think about it herself with some all knowing smile and all that. 

Plus he mussed her hair like to a kid. Why keep her suffering for so long?? 

Then supposedly he was about to confess to her at her house, but instead of holding her hand he held her wrist? What was that? 

It felt like he just assumes she won't go anywhere, that obviously their 'love' was so strong that she won't change her mind and he could take his time. When you are in love with someone though you normally  would really want to be with them and reach a point of relief when you know you're together. This action  doesn't support that. 

In one way sure that's good, but in another way don't take her for granted you idiot. She's so awesome everyone would soon be on to how great she is. 

Swear if he then adds some crap like "I love you like a sister" i'm going to fly to SK and slap him silly 

• Like 1

So many favourite moments of last night's episode..... :fullofhearts:

Finally the real identity of  the chatfriends is revealed.  It was so emotional when they hugged each other that I  too :criesariver:with them.  The scene with YR's mother was emotional too ..... what a warm-hearted mother and I can understand how HD told YR that it healed her altogether.  Plus the contrast that she felt with her own mother but we were able to see a little bit of her "motherly" affection.  Both her mother and coach keep reminding HD to distance herself with YJ because of their own bad experience.  (Well, I wonder is it possible for HD and YJ not to go through that similar experience ... because HD is HD and YJ is YJ or must history repeats itself  I'll leave it to a later episode) 

At this moment I just want to enjoy this "warm" and "lovely" feeling between HD and YJ.

FNqUv6QVEAQ3Y4u?format=jpg&name=large

Credit to Zero

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi chingus! I'm back!

Just watched the last 3 eps on one go! Okay, I'm happy that HD and YR became friends, their scenes put a smile on my face, but it makes me wonder if YR didn't find out that HD was Ryder would she continue to hate HD? She did feel sorry for what happened at the competition, but she never took a step to apologize...

We've got lots of HD and YJ on today's ep. Love was truly in the air! And so was the heartbreak (lots of ominous scenes...). I bet they'll hurt each other towards the end of tomorrow's ep. I'm sure HD will be an adult soon as we'll venture in 2420 timeline by next weekend episodes.

• Like 2

I'm still in awe seeing Kim Tae Ri as Na Hee Do. I keep repeating some scenes to see her every movement and expression. She's a delight. She can be cute, she can be pretty, she can be innocent, she can be funny, she can be dumb, she can be cool. She's really Na Hee Do. I laugh at her stop reading comic book line. It's something all of us have experienced at some point when we're young. The secondhand embarassment in front of our crush. And she portrays it reaaally well.

There's another similarity of this drama and Mr. sunshine. By far both have no intimate moments/skinship between the leads but there are so many swoonworthy moments beautified with great shot. Which leads me to think will this drama also have no kiss scene? Cmiiw but kim tae ri has never had on screen kiss with her male lead, hasn't she? I wish this drama will be an exception

• Like 3

So... that's it? HeeDo is going to forgive YuRim for saying all those bad things to her just because she finds out that YuRim is her chat-friend? Imagine one day you see Hee-Do and Yu-Rim act like BBLs so suddenly after seeing them treat each other like they hate each other throughout the year. I'm not shocked on how BYJ reacted seeing this. I would act the same way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kboramint said:

So... that's it? HeeDo is going to forgive YuRim for saying all those bad things to her just because she finds out that YuRim is her chat-friend? Imagine one day you see Hee-Do and Yu-Rim act like BBLs so suddenly after seeing them treat each other like they hate each other throughout the year. I'm not shocked on how BYJ reacted seeing this. I would act the same way. 

I know it sounds unrealistic. I was also taken aback despite loving their current relationship status. But oh well, that's teenagers, they can hate with all their might, and then, suddenly, transform everything into unicorns and rainbows. The feelings from that age can be very volatile.

• Like 3

Okay episode 9 was so amazing :wub:.

However, despite facing stiff competition from “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3,” tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” successfully defended its position at the top of its time slot. The latest episode of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels—even including public broadcast networks.

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” also remained first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 6.4 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/love-ft-marriage-and-divorce-3-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-twenty-five-twenty-one-continues-reign-at-no-1/#ixzz7NNThw0Cv

• Like 1

Ep 9 was fantastic. I liked the way the writer wrote the script and resolved the plot points. YR’s mom scene with HD was really touching! I will probably re watch this episode again on Monday before watching ep 10. 

YR + HD’s quick BFF was so cute. It was believable to me - they have already built a strong trust bond via the Computer chat; now they can be themselves openly since the truth is out. So why would HD still hold grudges?! 

Re YJ + HD - I don’t think YJ was patronizing at all - he comes across as taking things slow and giving HD + their relationship time/space to progress on its own pace. Given the financial crisis + how his family had struggled from it all- he knows nothing is secured. It’s due to this that YJ is taking his time — not because he is so sured or expects HD to wait for him but he values their relationship too much to force it. Also, HD still in high school too. If HD’s mom didn’t interrupt, I think he would have told her then too but then finding out re the mother, probably made him think a bit more lol. 

The bad producer guy is OT creepy annoying hahaha the actor is good- I dislike him greatly. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

@YongZura⁷ that beach scene was sooo fuzzy haha i was expecting a peck on the cheek or something.. and, just whisperings?!!

angry the simpsons GIF

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

So... that's it? HeeDo is going to forgive YuRim for saying all those bad things to her just because she finds out that YuRim is her chat-friend?

i’m quite sure HD doesn’t hate YR despite all those mean stuffs she said and did to her.. its more of a self protecting mechanism to wall up her feelings for that person since she had been admiring and idolising her for so long.. like what @agenth chingu said

6 hours ago, agenth said:

but because she finally made one small step and Heedo made a giant leap for her.

so basically at this point, HD’s emotional wall of defense collapsed instantly and she resumed the love she had for her idol, who is now also her chat friend..!

Pokemon Love GIF

2 hours ago, giragira said:

I didn't like YiJin in this episode. He was  really patronising!! 

hahaha he has this “player” vibes towards HD.. like, you know its a more than friends kind of TLC definitely not just bff or the “hey bro!” treating her like a little brother (see the immersed difference how he treats YR like a little sister) thick grey area that can easily stir butterflies.. i’m glad he finally defined their relationship.. but if this really happens (keeping fingers and toes crossed it will not!)

2 hours ago, giragira said:

Swear if he then adds some crap like "I love you like a sister" i'm going to fly to SK and slap him silly 

chingu, i’ll join you this trip to SK to slap him silly as well.. hey wait, we need a time travel machine!

==
i’m thinking if anyone were to backstab YJ. it could either be the producer or his senior reporter (the one he didn’t pick up at the train station)..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

For me its expected tho. Because Heedoo never really hated YR in fact NHD was her no1 fan. Its just YR attitude who make they hate each other, even when they are still in bad term, NHD still saved her (from person whos running and almost bump into YR) and NHD had sympathetic moment toward YR when YR fall into the water, NHD never really hate YR. It's not sudden in my opinion, they are just need YR to change her attitude and apologize then its done.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@YongZura⁷ that beach scene was sooo fuzzy haha i was expecting a peck on the cheek or something.. and, just whisperings?!!

The making of ASMR together..... YJ said " that's all you get for now!" ...... :wub:  I'm "having butterflies".....  

Oooh I didn't notice that!

#TwentyFiveTwentyOneEp9

• LOL 4

stern mother has her shy moments..

she can’t bear to look soft in front of HD when she slided the gold medal into the gap of the wooden blinds.. she just has to maintain her strict and cold composure lolol i find that scene very cute too

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Best episode for me, thus far. So many lovely moments.. 

YR's mom's scene with NHD

NHD's mom with the medal

every BYJ's scene with NHD :heart:

YR's phone call scene with mom

I'm so glad to have joined the fun here in Soompi.:)

Have a great day everyone! :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1