[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

Hello, everyone..

Am new around here, well at least on this forum specifically, cuz i first created this acc for Her Private Life, and last time i was here, i just couldnt shut up abt CLOY, and so here i am after quite some time, logging on to my old account again because my mind cant seem to quit thinking abt BaekDo.

After falling hard for 2521 and having spent past few days silently lurking on the convos made here, i've decided to join in and say something.

You know what, there are two things that i been dying to get off my chest.

1. When i first learned that KMC got a different surname with Yijin, my mind quickly went "SHOOT! SHOOT!! SHOOT!!! this is BAD". That iconic Peeing Boy scene instantly made me fall in love with KTR & NJH, i knew i'd be suffering so much over the unclear future between NHD & BYJ. 

2. The top scariest thing about 2521 isnt even the ENDING, it's the fact that THIS DRAMA is the writer's (Kwon Do Eun) DEBUT PROJECT as the main scriptwriter. So there's absolutely no way of predicting how things are gonna roll along the way. I read on HanCinema, that writer-nim previously worked as writing staff for the main writers of WWW: Search and Mr. Sunshine. But that was it. And so we got nothing, nada to make any solid grounds from for any theories developed out there.

THAT SAID, one thing for sure i will NEVER regret the chance of seeing the electrifying chemistry between Kim Tae Ri & Nam Joo Hyuk. They're not all touchy-feely both on and off cameras, but when they do, they make it seem like they've known each other well for many years. So casually and comfortably. only few times it happened but it was more than enough to convince me that part of the reasons they're able to portray their respective roles seamlessly is because they don't really have to do acting like they're friends or close for they are both in real life.

Am normally not one to skip scenes of any movies or series i'm watching, but 2521 made me do it for the very first time in decades, cuz truthfully i enjoy every moment spent between NHD & BYJ from day 1 up to now, no matter how bitter and better they might have been. The future may seem uncertain for them, i mean it always does, and so i just wanna focus on how they lived their "present days" when they were younger, because that's what i want to take with me even after the drama done airing, the lessons and the love they shared with each other.

:coolshades:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

On 3/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Elchan said:

How far is this true about the possibility of replacing Nam Joo Hyuk with another actor portraying as the older Baek Yi Jin?  Doubt this will happen since there are not many episodes left. Moreover Kim Tae Ri looks so young as Hee Do acting like a 16yrs old schoolgirl than NJH as BYJ who is acting more like his age.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/kdrama-twenty-five-twenty-one-fans-predict-gong-yoo-play-older-version-nam-joo-hyuk-character-baek-yi-jin/

So I guessed right?  :lol:  About GongYoo?  It would certainly send the ratings up for that ep.  TVN likes to do this with cameos.  Like how they inserted KSH in the last ep of Hotel Del Luna.  Guess we won’t know till the end.  Like some have surmised YJ could’ve changed his surname to Kim to avoid the links back his dad’s failed business.  But it doesn’t explain why MC seemed clueless about the name BYJ when she read her mom’s diary. She would at least know her dad’s name?  And wonder why this person has the same name (but not surname) as her dad?  Who knows?  I am willing to wait for the writer to tell us what happened.  I get the feeling the misunderstanding that tore our lovebirds apart could be that YJ pretended to be InJeolMi?  For YR’s sake?  He just played along with it.  And HD found out.  Pure speculation on my part.  :lol:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Here it is:

Translated by Zero

poor HD.. brains still stuck at exploding stage trying to think and deciper the strange new feelings she has for YJ

while, YJ already affirmed the answer with her confession.. and walked away coolly..

HAHAHAHA

Sex And The City Reaction GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

my head want to explode also

is YJ accept her cofession but not admit it cause heedo still in school or reject it but still want to be friend with her

but i kinda like the way they interact right now. cannot imagine they become lovey dovey and calling sweet nick names to each other

• Like 3

Hi guys it’s been such a long time since I last visited a soompi thread, but I just can’t help myself with 2521 cos all my friends are getting enough of me rambling abt BaekDo 247. Anyhow Zeronim’s translation was spot on, just that I think the last line Yijin said should have been:

“Okay, think hard about it. I’m done thinking (abt our relationship), although I’ve never tried to.”

The nuance is subtle but I think it completely changes how Yijin is interpreted in this scene.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh my.... The feels... This episode was so so so so good !

I knew he was going to say "Love" on the bridge at the end. I think he knew what it was for a while but he let NHD figure it out and let her have her own space. Gosh, this episode was so intense. I LOVED it. I kept squeeing at my screen... ha ha... It moved forward but slowly and carefully. This was done so well. Cannot wait to read what you guys thought!!

I also really liked HD and YR's growing friendship. They totally looked like a couple at times! But I also liked how they were there for each other.

How awesome was YR's mother with NHD? That scene was great and really showed that feelings do help people. If YR does not have money, she has a great and supoortive family. In this sense, I think NHD and YR complete each other well.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Ahhhh...BYJ I like how u r ...so direct and don't want lie to heedo...

Is heedo and yurim really dating ?

I also have the same doubt as yi jin.

It's like her and her 3 day bf...so much cringe..

But I still have a question, did yurim only start to soften because heedo was her online friend?

If that didn't exist, will they still hate each other?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

But I still have a question, did yurim only start to soften because heedo was her online friend?

If that didn't exist, will they still hate each other?

I am not so sure... I think YR was already feeling sorry for NHD for what happened during the Asian Games. You could see she realized how much further the whole situation had gone. It might have taken more time but I think that eventually, the would have become friends. The fact that they discovered who they were only accelarated things. I mean NHD defended YR and went after those girls before she heard that YR was her chat partner... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I love their eyes. Man, their eyes spoke a lot. I love how their eyes portraying so much emotion in every scene. They’re just amazing. 

Regarding YJ’s love word to HD, I think that must be another form of love. Like when you care about someone. Not in a romantic way. Most probably, he’s just not there yet to romantically see HD. But hopefully, soon. Though I’m not sure about that. It’s been said they fell in love when they’re 25-21. HD is still in high school. So I don’t think they’ll be couple anytime soon.

And the message of YJ’s sunbae (incl. HD’s eomma) and Coach Changmi has been replayed a lot. Maybe that’s what make them end up hurting each other.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I loved the way Heedo expressed her feelings to Yi Jin:partyblob:, she is honest, this scene was perfect and at the end, when he tells her that he loves her:gangnamstyle:, I did not expect it.

what's going to happen, I don't see them dating now, 
Hmm I know Yi Jin wants to protect her but I feel like because of his work he is going to hurt her, her coach told her to distance herself, it's an prediction to come for the future, according to the summary of the drama they are supposed to hurt each other during this period, there the FL is 19 years old

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, banghyeri said:

I love their eyes. Man, their eyes spoke a lot. I love how their eyes portraying so much emotion in every scene. They’re just amazing. 

Regarding YJ’s love word to HD, I think that must be another form of love. Like when you care about someone. Not in a romantic way. Most probably, he’s just not there yet to romantically see HD. But hopefully, soon. Though I’m not sure about that. It’s been said they fell in love when they’re 25-21. HD is still in high school. So I don’t think they’ll be couple anytime soon.

And the message of YJ’s sunbae (incl. HD’s eomma) and Coach Changmi has been replayed a lot. Maybe that’s what make them end up hurting each other.

I agree. These actors sure know how to act with their eyes... You could see the emotions in the ways they looked at each other. PDNim also knew how to convey complex emotions through his shots and angles.

I am not sure what BYJ feels is not love but I agree with you that they won't be a couple just yet. I think BYJ is mature enough to know that if he uses the term "love" like this, NHD will take it as romantic love. Plus he could have defined it as different kind of love but using the term 'rainbow' like NHD did but he chose not to. So if he uses 사랑, that means it really is love. I also think it was clear in this episode that he was attracted to her. No?

I know... I kept thinking of how many times they kept refering to that situation between NHD's and the coach and it seems like bad omen. That said, BYJ kept saying that NHD needed to trust him, that he would protect her and never hurt her... So perhaps she will also fear the worst and BYJ will be hurt because she did not trust him?

@marrez1I think NHD's honesty and directness also influenced BYJ as he was very honest in this episode as well.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, banghyeri said:

You're so right about their eyes, I cant help too and noticing right away, thats why I said it before about NJH and KTR are match made in heaven for BYJ and NHD role, they are really good actors and have good chemistry, make this drama more enjoyable (this is not a biased opinion because I'm not fan of both before this drama) 

I think BYJ is in love for real to NHD but I dont think he won't make it official, he cant help but say it, since NHD also asked him about it (twice!) and he also cant keep it any longer because NHD keep avoiding him. He is more experienced about 'love', I'm sure he knew right away about his feeling, heedo is still confused because its her first time. Both are in love thats for sure but wont make it official till 25 21

Also It's mean that their break up is near, because right now they wont make it official or do more skinship because of their age, its time to move into next phase, the reason is obvious (reporter and athlete relationship, there are several hints already) probably the cliffhager of tommorow eps will lead them to break up, hopefully not dragging to long

• Like 7
  • Love 1