[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

YG remembering flashbacks of DD regarding her birthmother.  He hasn't connected it yet that AK is DD bio mom. Seems like he will continue to investigate. Scene with SC and AK talking about DD. The guy taking photos from the preview of them meeting.  YS sees AK walking off and confront SC and ask if he is having an affair i think. SC said they talked about DD and YS asking why and getting suspicious. SC says its because DD going overseas with her. Family meeting and they asking SC if DD really going to the U.S. 

YG having flashbacks of DD being worried about what to tell the kids. YG says to Sechan and Sejong that they broke up and DD going overseas with AK. Sechan and Sejong crying. Sechan yelling at YG. YG talking calmly to them and saying sorry. kids crying. Sechan and Sejong go to DD and asking if its true and they say its okay and they hug. JN sees it and is mad and said i didnt think you were that kind of person or something like that. DD go to JN room and JN is clearly upset. Sechan come to her defense and almost spill it but is stopped and Sechan says there is a reason. DD leave the room sad.

JN go to DD room to apologize and is crying. Sechan and Sejong run also into the room to hug her and are crying.

DD go to DR room to say goodbye(seems pointless).  DD giving a goodbye gift to the housekeeper. Housekeeper telling DD to be well.  Kids begging YG for a last trip with DD and YG cave in. Kids go ask DD and she agree to come. YS argue with the guy taking the picture of SC and AK. The guy says something that makes YS suspicious. YS walking the street having flashbacks of meetings with AK and getting really suspicious of her. She's more suspicious of they having an affair. YS go to AK office to confront her and is pissed. YS is furious and AK trying to talk herself out of it. YS doesnt buy it and start pulling AK hair. SC hear something about it and go to AK office. AK office is a mess after YS attacking her :D . SC tell her to go to the hospital i think and AK tell SC to leave. SC pull up the chairs. MR tell MS DD going overseas. Junoh come in with some pastrys for his mother i think. MR and MS open it. Scene with MR and Junoh.

DD YG and kids doing fun activities outside. Throwing snow and eachother. Kids writing on the kite. JN write meet a cool man hahaha YG and DD looking at eachother awkwardly. Voiceover from YG telling DD to be happy. DD saying goodbye to the kids& YG and have her suitcase. They are sending her off with a driver. Kids crying. DD crying in the car. DD come home and they have a family dinner(the audacity of SC sitting there smiling.). Creepy SaRa and YG house and hugging Sejong blanket. SaRa talking with DR. SaRa ex catching her outside YG house and SaRa ignore him and drive off.  Scene from preview with SaRa throwing water and missing. SaRa ex runs off. SaRa mom and MS together. There is a new reportage of when SaRa mom giving away the money. DD and AK is at a store together spending time(just wait AK). SC getting a call from AK. YS notice it instantly and is suspicious. YS ask where he is going. SC give an excuse. YS decide to tail him. YS lost him.

AK trying to give SC something. YS catches them both. YS is pissed and SC ends up dragging YS outside. SC and YS argue. SC trying to convince YS not to tell DD since she wont go to US if she knows. I think he convinced her(sigh..). SC sends a message to AK. Sejong in DD room. My vpn died so cant watch the rest. Stream back on. DD family found out AK is DD bio mom. DD come home and wonder why everyone is so quiet. SC asking them to not tell her. DD in her room sad. YG home. SR is there. Sejong having trouble eating. YG putting Sejong to sleep. Sejong and YG talk. Sejong misses DD. DD having flashbacks of the kids and they taking a family photo. YG calls DD and i think about them meeting up. Episode ends.

Preview : All hell break loose next week. SC yell at YG for meeting DD. DD tell SC off. Scene with SeRyun and Sejong and they run into DB. SR seeing SaRa at the house and telling her off i think. SaRa upset. DD finds the photo AK has of her as a baby. DD go meet that old neighbor i think who told her about her bio mom. DD deduce that AK is her mother looking shocked. YG finds out in the preview at the end that AK is DD biological mother looking mad.

• Like 4

I really really dislike SC, even more than AK. DD is not a baby, but he always insists on not telling her things the rest of the family knows. DD should not forgive either of them, but they will be all kumbaya in the end. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, qynn said:

I really really dislike SC, even more than AK. DD is not a baby, but he always insists on not telling her things the rest of the family knows. DD should not forgive either of them, but they will be all kumbaya in the end. 

I can't stand him. He lies to his daughter, would have kept lying to his family if he could... forbids DD to be with YG, forbids Anna to see/say anything, forbids YG, fobids YS.... WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!? I mean...

I'm so tired... and tbh I hope that BOTH Anna and SC will be confronted by the mess the have made. 

• Like 9

Finally, KBS 2TV’s long-running hit “Young Lady and Gentleman” continued its reign as the most-watched program to air on any channel on Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 30.1 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/forecasting-love-and-weather-and-twenty-five-twenty-one-both-premiere-to-strong-ratings/#ixzz7KkCNBjI2

I’m confused about this whole SC,AK and YS situation. SC saying I hate AK/jiyoung but he goes to her house to check if AK is doing ok, cleans the house,worries about her. Even the viki comments the way he looks at Anna longingly is different than the way he looks at YS. 
YS is also a hypocrite here. She’s not a victim. She can beat the other woman but can’t beat her husband who cheated on her? 
YS don’t want DD to go US because AK is her birth mother who also happens to be SC’s ex wife. The truth is she didn’t actually treat DD right either most of her life(yes she “looked” after her) Just because YS helped them as a baby doesn’t mean YS is some kind of angel and gets to play an innocent victim here. She took advantage from having husband who not only looked after her snd her son but also her extended family. Its drives me insane how some people forget that SC also looked after DB infact treated like his own unlike the stepmum.

YS has her own selfish reason why she don’t want to let DD go to US,AK and SC has their own selfish reasons why they want DD to go to US.
the only logical ones are the kids even YG is kind if an airhead. 
Although I still don’t if SC is still hung up on AK or has moved on. I know for sure is I wouldn’t be giving my cheating RickRoll'D husband a chance even though if I was leech.

Edited by Rimmy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Rimmy said:

I’m confused about this whole SC,AK and YS situation. SC saying I hate AK/jiyoung but he goes to her house to check if AK is doing ok, cleans the house,worries about her. Even the viki comments the way he looks at Anna longingly is different than the way he looks at YS. 
YS is also a hypocrite here. She’s not a victim. She can beat the other woman but can’t beat her husband who cheated on her? 
YS don’t want DD to go US because AK is her birth mother who also happens to be SC’s ex wife. The truth is she didn’t actually treat DD right either most of her life(yes she “looked” after her) Just because YS helped them as a baby doesn’t mean YS is some kind of angel and gets to play an innocent victim here. She took advantage from having husband who not only looked after her snd her son but also her extended family. Its drives me insane how some people forget that SC also looked after DB infact treated like his own unlike the stepmum.

YS has her own selfish reason why she don’t want to let DD go to US,AK and SC has their own selfish reasons why they want DD to go to US.
Although I still don’t if SC is still hung up on AK or has moved on. I know for sure is I wouldn’t be giving my cheating RickRoll'D husband a chance even though if I was leech.

YS’s gravytrain is about to crash and she knows it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rimmy said:

But does YS know that he cheated? I think she doesn’t. 
Tbh, I agree with your comment. None of them are blameless. 
and I honestly don’t like how YS is threatening to tell DD the truth just to keep SC from “contacting” Anna. Like, what?! She’s supposed to care for the daughter she raised, but is using her as a bargaining chip? 
None of them are making sense. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

She’s supposed to care for the daughter she raised, but is using her as a bargaining chip? 

Don't forget YS is not too crazy about sending DD to the US with AK just to get her away from YG. In fact, the whole family is against it but are deferring to the Richard SImmons of father's decision. There may be a little feeling of monetary gain in her sentiment. However, she did say a couple of episodes ago they won't have to worry about DD's well being with YG. She knows DD will have a comfortable life with YG and her "kids". That's what all mothers want for their children isn't it? They want them to be happy and not have the hardships they may have had?

As a grown man I got choked up at the scene of her driving away from her family. She and her kids were bawling. I call them her kids because she loves them as if they were her own. I have said before in this thread it takes a special kind of person to bond, care and love children that are not theirs to begin with. Even if YG found someone else, he would be hard pressed to find someone like her.

• Like 8

I think one mistake the writer made was keeping DD at YG's for the majority of the drama and not having her interact much with her family. It saved me aggravation because her family sucks, but yet, I don't feel like they built the relationship between DD and the others. DD and DB have barely interacted. They should have at least built that bond considering their love interests are siblings. The only time DD, SC and YS have really interacted there was yelling. YS barely even mentioned DD for most of the drama yet worried endlessly about DB, which made it seem like DD was right about YS treating them different. When YS does try to say something about DD, SC cuts her off, making it seem like he never really considered her DD's mother. DD has barely even interacted with her new aunt or cousin. They've really built up DD as important to YG and his children but didn't do the same with her family so the current storyline isn't hitting as hard as it could IMO. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

Don't forget YS is not too crazy about sending DD to the US with AK just to get her away from YG. In fact, the whole family is against it but are deferring to the Richard SImmons of father's decision. There may be a little feeling of monetary gain in her sentiment. However, she did say a couple of episodes ago they won't have to worry about DD's well being with YG. She knows DD will have a comfortable life with YG and her "kids". That's what all mothers want for their children isn't it? They want them to be happy and not have the hardships they may have had?

As a grown man I got choked up at the scene of her driving away from her family. She and her kids were bawling. I call them her kids because she loves them as if they were her own. I have said before in this thread it takes a special kind of person to bond, care and love children that are not theirs to begin with. Even if YG found someone else, he would be hard pressed to find someone like her.

So true.  So Dad wants DD to be with someone her own age who is struggling to find a good job, living in a small studio, necessitating that DD also work hard to make ends meet.  Basically living the life her dad is living?  And by the way, he also raised a son, who isn't his.  Is he saying he regrets raising DB?  Puh-lease, spare me.

Why not be with the one she loves, who is so good-looking for someone 41 years old, who also loves her.  He's healthy and rich. The kids?  Who wouldn't want to be their mother.  They are precious and love DD so much.  They came to her house to beg for her to return.  They have grown so close as a family compared to how they were before DD entered their home.

Even YS saying to SC, not to worry about the kids because they can go study abroad (echoes of SaRa).  DD wouldn't do that, she'd miss them too much.  At least not until college and not unless it's of their own choosing for the education they want to pursue.

Looks like DD won't go to the US with AK, since the truth is coming to light very soon.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lfd said:

YS’s gravytrain is about to crash and she knows it

I don't get the comment. What gravy train is she on that might crash? It's like people hate this character so much that they are starting to see things that are not even there. Is her husband not supposed to provide?

7 hours ago, Rimmy said:

This is starting to reek of MDL. I mean, there's a comment that's almost exactly like this over there that didn't make sense to me over there. Why would somebody else comment about a character you do not like obviously, drive you insane?  I'm still waiting for examples of how she treated DD wrong when she grew up when we didn't even see how she grew up. Show me how she took advantage of a man who was getting ready to drown him and his baby in the river. I get not liking a character, but No! YS is the victim, she may be a victim you don't like that for it's difficult for you to see that she is one, but it doesn't change the television fact that she is. Her husband was willing to Gaslight her and it still gaslighting her like it's a figment in Her Imagination of what she's picking up. Anna knew how broke they were and exploited it. He cheated on her and spent the night with her. Show me how YS has not treated this little girl like her own daughter? SC threatened to disown DB if he married his ex fiance. He threatened to divorce YS everal times if she revealed the truth of what happened to the birth mother. And she's not a victim because she's a bit air headish and a little greedy? That does not compute! Make it make sense.

Sweet Life What GIF by HBO Max

Now, I say once again that the writing is atrocious and the writer, director and likely there previous works are just as bad, have not developed any of the characters and wasted 80% of the show on Amnesia storyline.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, qynn said:

I think one mistake the writer made was keeping DD at YG's for the majority of the drama and not having her interact much with her family. It saved me aggravation because her family sucks, but yet, I don't feel like they built the relationship between DD and the others. DD and DB have barely interacted. They should have at least built that bond considering their love interests are siblings. The only time DD, SC and YS have really interacted there was yelling. YS barely even mentioned DD for most of the drama yet worried endlessly about DB, which made it seem like DD was right about YS treating them different. When YS does try to say something about DD, SC cuts her off, making it seem like he never really considered her DD's mother. DD has barely even interacted with her new aunt or cousin. They've really built up DD as important to YG and his children but didn't do the same with her family so the current storyline isn't hitting as hard as it could IMO. 

I agree. This is one family I just can’t seem to warm up to. And DD still feels to me like an outsider. 

There’s like no sibling’s relationship between DD and DB. And not even between DD and Mirim who are the girls. 

I feel like it’s almost to late to have them suddenly become a believable loving family for DD. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, qynn said:

I believe the purpose of that was to show how dysfunctional their family was to begin with.  I went back and rewatched episode 1.  SC throws DD out of the house for suggesting divorce, DB leaves out of guilt for losing the money.  DD was fed up with the family and was believing the lie about the affair.  So the family bond was tenuous at best from the start.  Even so, she did call YS, "Mom", and DB did chase after her when she packed up and left.  Alone in the park, she decides to believe she was an orphan.

Since the kids recently lost their mom, she identifies with their pain and easily bonds with each of them.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I don't get the comment. What gravy train is she on that might crash? It's like people hate this character so much that they are starting to see things that are not even there. Is her husband not supposed to provide?

This is starting to reek of MDL. I mean, there's a comment that's almost exactly like this over there that didn't make sense to me over there. Why would somebody else comment about a character you do not like obviously, drive you insane?  I'm still waiting for examples of how she treated DD wrong when she grew up when we didn't even see how she grew up. Show me how she took advantage of a man who was getting ready to drown him and his baby in the river. I get not liking a character, but No! YS is the victim, she may be a victim you don't like that for it's difficult for you to see that she is one, but it doesn't change the television fact that she is. Her husband was willing to Gaslight her and it still gaslighting her like it's a figment in Her Imagination of what she's picking up. Anna knew how broke they were and exploited it. He cheated on her and spent the night with her. Show me how YS has not treated this little girl like her own daughter? SC threatened to disown DB if he married his ex fiance. He threatened to divorce YS everal times if she revealed the truth of what happened to the birth mother. And she's not a victim because she's a bit air headish and a little greedy? That does not compute! Make it make sense.

Now I say once again that the writing is atrocious and the writer and director and likely there previous works are , has not developed any of the characters and wasted 80% of the show on Amnesia storyline.

She didn’t treated DD like her own. Thats unfortunately the truth. 
Yeah I agree she’s victim on cheating and thats SC’s fault. I agree with some of the point you’re making but mostly I don’t. Thank you for your input though.

hopefully writers will pull through because the writing is not worth the award.

and lastly what is MDL

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote GIFs! Thanks!
  • Like 1

KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman,” which normally airs on Saturdays and Sundays, did not air last night due to coverage of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/forecasting-love-and-weather-and-twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episodes/#ixzz7KpzjTLfO

• Like 1