[Drama 2021] Gentleman and Young Lady, 신사와 아가씨

Lmangla

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Gi-ja sells her building at a $200,000 loss and leaves $500,000 at a Catholic orphanage. Hrm. This entire storyline is ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the actress, and anyone who has to watch this.

Couldn't have said it better.  That was pitifully ill-conceived and was an unpardonable waste of everybody's time. The writer really brought down the quality of the drama a lot with that.  The whole thing made no sense.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Caught up on three weeks of episodes:

Soo-Cheol/Anna Kim: Started the series feeeling bad for him, now not so much. I understand his anger but he went too far. However, I don't mind him telling Anna Kim to stay away, mostly cause she is an adult and doesn't have to listen to him. She is choosing to listen to him. I def think Anna Kim's actions are manipulative and gross. I wonder if the cheating will come out or if that will be swept under the rug because of bigger secrets. 

All this time Dan Dan has been accusing of step-mom of being the cheater but turns out her dad is one along with her birth mother. 

Sara/Cha Gun: I know Sara has done terrible things but I really like this couple's scenes. I don't know if they will have a happy ending, but I actually like them together. 

Dan Dan/Young-guk: I like that they are finally together. I think the kids will react fine, I'm surprised they aren't going to drama route of having at least one of the kids object. Its one thing to love her as a nanny and another as a step-mom. 

Mi-rim/Joon-oh: Prob my favorite of the couples. Mi-sook is fine with her in-law's family, but I wonder what she will think of them once she finds out. I think she will have a bad initial reaction and then calm down. However, both sides are prob going to have an issue with them living together. 

Se-ryun/Dae-beom: Another break up...they just need to be separate for now. If they ever try to put them together again something in their situation needs to change. 

I feel bad for Se-ryun, her mother is terrible. I think her giving up the shares is the best, but she must really trust her brother. I wonder if this will ever bite her in the behind, because at this point she is completely dependent on him. I doubt they will make Young-guk a bad person, but I wonder if he will pull a power move to "protect" her. 

• Like 6

I do hope there isn't much objection from JN. They have alot of other hurdles to pass and other relationships in the drama. Since there is just 16 episodes left and they have to deal with DD family and AK permision aswell. I do hope YG regain his memories as his 22 year old self soon. If JN objects i think she will just be more skeptical than outright refuse their relationship. She is after all a teenager and remember her mom the most. Sechan and Sejong has always been specially attached to DD so they will celebrate :D .  Sechan is the best wingman for his dad. Also hope when YG regain the memories SaRa is gonna get it and DR will be kicked out of the house for the scheming.

Also with DR going after DD, YG should threaten to completely cut off her monthly allowance.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2022 at 4:58 AM, jayakris said:

Here is a quick translation of the gallery trip segment in Ep 35:

Sechan trying to take pictures

SeJong - Whoa, it's pretty
SeChan - Whoa, it is cool.
Jenny - I like that one for a snap.

DD - me too.

They walk to another display. After YG tries to tap DD's hand secretly
DD - Kids, let us go see other items.
They all (except YG) go to the next room.

YG - Heck, is it because I didn't say "dream about me" last night? I mean, she should say what is upsetting her, so I would know what I should or shouldn't do! I swear...

As the kids are having fun in front of the projected pictures, YG texts DD:
"Ms. Park, come here briefly outside the rest room. Carefully, without the kids finding out. Let us have a chat"

DD - Why does he always want me to go in front of the restroom?

DD - Jenny, please watch SeJong. Let me go quickly to the restroom.
Jenny - Sure. Don't worry.  But... where is dad?
DD - When I go to the restroom, I will find the Chairman and bring him.
Jenny/SeChan - Okay. We will stay here.

Outside,
DD - What is it?... What do you want to talk about?
YG - Ms. Park... Really, what is up? Shouldn't I know why you are like this, for me to make amends or something?  Is it because I didn't say, well... "sleep tight" and things like that last night?
DD - Yes.  Chairman, aren't we dating? But seeing what you do, I would have no clue... if we are dating or what it is.  In your mind, what has changed between earlier now?
YG - What do you mean?
DD - If we decided to date, you are my boyfriend and I am your girlfriend.. isn't it so?... Then, you should do the part the boyfriend does, no? I ask you to sing a song, and you sing "mountain rabbit"!  To be frank, even Sejong has grown past "mountain rabbit," okay?
YG - I 'd like to do it for you too.  But Ms. Park, I am tone-deaf. I can't sing. That is why.
DD - Chairman, don't even try to lie like that.  Do you know how well you sang at the karaoke bar, When you were like at age 20?  That "in the picture memories" song or whatever.  You even took over the mic by yourself and sang it out, you know!
YG - I... I did that?
DD - Yes.  If you don't believe me, ask SeChan and Jenny.  Seeing you sing and dance, Jenny was saying you "totally rock" okay?
YG - Impossible...
DD - If you don't want to do it for me, just say that!... At this rate, what is the use with a boyfriend?

(She shows fake disgust and stomps away.. haha)
YG - I mean... ah... damn..

[I did it quickly and did not rewind to check.  Hopefully the details are all there.  The whole scene was really cute! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Okay, rewound and fixed a couple of things.

Silent reader of this thread here. Omg. Thank you very much for this. Highly appreciated.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:I’m wondering why she is still listening to him. Yes, she was caught in her lies but if she’s this woman who always goes after what she wants, why is she letting him decide? 

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Soo-Cheol/Anna Kim: Started the series feeeling bad for him, now not so much. I understand his anger but he went too far. However, I don't mind him telling Anna Kim to stay away, mostly cause she is an adult and doesn't have to listen to him. She is choosing to listen to him. I def think Anna Kim's actions are manipulative and gross. I wonder if the cheating will come out or if that will be swept under the rug because of bigger secrets. 

All this time Dan Dan has been accusing of step-mom of being the cheater but turns out her dad is one along with her birth mother. 

Sara/Cha Gun: I know Sara has done terrible things but I really like this couple's scenes. I don't know if they will have a happy ending, but I actually like them together

I’m wondering why she is still listening to him. Yes, she was caught in her lies but if she’s this woman who always goes after what she wants, why is she letting him decide? 

And I am still waiting to see if the affair is going to come out. I feel, there are still to many secrets.

I am not so surprised about SaRa. And tbh I’d prefer Gun to stay away from her. Lol. Though I can’t understand what she hopes to achieve. How can she even think she would still have a chance with YG?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Jenny already knows that her dad was hiding in DD's room. She was holding a mirror! Girl has a good poker face.

Didn't think about the mirror. What are the chances she knew he was in there before she even came into the room?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Lol. I'd love for her to comment on his dad needing to learn how to hide better or something. She's definitely a sharp one.

I'd love to see that too.  I have liked Jenny's character, and the girl has acted very well too.  In fact, the kids have been acting so well in this drama.  I enjoy all the scenes with them.  The girl acting as Jenny has good potential in kdramas.

• Like 6

On 1/24/2022 at 7:10 PM, jayakris said:

Couldn't have said it better.  That was pitifully ill-conceived and was an unpardonable waste of everybody's time. The writer really brought down the quality of the drama a lot with that.  The whole thing made no sense.

Ever since the writer introduced the long drawn out amnesia story line that was a warning that it was going to be a tough going for this one . Then we have the usual bad people, greedy, conniving and all that. But now we get this too. They better make the  ending good. 

On 1/25/2022 at 7:26 AM, rolisrntex said:

She played the young female prince in "The King's Affection". She was very good in that one as well.

I really liked her in that show. She was super good there. 

• Like 3

The k-netz's theory is that Se-ryeon is not really Dae-ran's biological child. That doesn't really make sense to me, but because Dae-ran is such a horrible mother and has zero concern for Se-ryeon's well-being, that's the theory that some people have.

So Dae-ran has gone to the chicken restaurant to trash the place, like she always does. What is she, a gangster?

And throwing water on DanDan? Yeong-guk is going to be SO MAD. :rage:

I have no idea how they're going to rehab this character. These weekend shows always end with the bad people going to jail (or dead) and the good people all happy and hugging. This show doesn't have anyone who is so bad that they need to go to jail or die, so everyone has to end up happy and hugging. I have no idea how they're going to get there with Dae-ran, though. (And Sara is pretty unredeemable as well.)

• Like 5

Wow oh wow.   What an awesome 2 episodes.   Lots to unpack so here goes.

Jun Oh deserves to be found out at this rate.   How can someone be more clueless?   It's a good thing that Mi Rim is such a sweet young lady otherwise he'd have gotten slapped by now.  Same scarf for mom and GF?   Seriously?   Still, it's only a matter of time until their secret is out.  

The more I see Se Ryeon, it's hard not to feel bad for her.   Yes, she's still immature in many respects but her heart is still good.   It's not her fault that she has an awful mom.   For all of Dae Bum's faults, he is really good to her and for her.   How they can ultimately end up together remains to be seen but the tension will remain high until then.

I agree with many of you about SC's ambivalence towards AK.   It's as though he treats her as two distinct women, i.e., he seems to "love" AK but despise Ji Young.   Plus, he wants to continue protecting DD which is partly why he went through the lengths he did to keep the secret from her.    Even now he's trying to protect his daughter.   But the real issue will be how DD and YK find out and how that may affect their relationship.

Poor Cha Gun.   Seems the man is really stuck on SR even though she told him she's not worth his time.   Can the writer really "redeem" SR?   As far as Dae Ran, I have nothing to add other than she's really a piece of work.

So, now to the OTP.    In all honesty, I would have been happy with even 10% of what they showed.   So, to get what we did is extremely sweet.   It's as though Christmas came a month late (or 11 months early).   They had their sweet moments, funny moments, sad moments, and tender moments.   All in one weekend!    I can honestly say that I don't have a favorite scene of them - I'm enjoying them together as a collective.   But please share which moment/scene of DD/YK was your favorite - I'm curious to know.

In honor of the happy devoted couple, here's a song for them.   Bring on 37/38!!

• Like 5