[Drama 2022] My Liberation Notes, 나의 해방일지

agenth

Love Is In The Air For Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 23, 2022
by E. Cha

Get ready for romance to blossom on the next episode of “My Liberation Notes”!

Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, “My Liberation Notes” is a new JTBC drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El star as the three frustrated siblings, while Son Seok Gu plays the alcoholic outsider that unexpectedly changes their lives.

Spoilers

Previously on “My Liberation Notes,” Yeom Mi Jung (Kim Ji Won) and Mr. Gu (Son Seok Gu) grew closer, with Mr. Gu surprising everyone by making a heroic jump—in spite of his injured foot—to retrieve Yeom Mi Jung’s hat after it flies away in the wind.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, there is palpable tension between the two neighbors as Yeom Mi Jung hands a plastic bag over to Mr. Gu late at night. With both of them looking slightly nervous and their fingers just on the verge of touching, it appears that the nature of the relationship between the two characters is beginning to change.

Son-Seok-Gu2.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Won4.jpg

Meanwhile, Yeom Chang Hee (Lee Min Ki) strikes up a flirtation with Da Yeon (Jung Hye Ji), a former classmate who expresses interest in him. Despite being surrounded by a crowd of people, the pair seems entirely focused on one another as Da Yeon laughs brightly at something Yeom Chang Hee says.

Lee-Min-Ki2.jpg

Finally, Yeom Ki Jung (Lee El) turns to the resident “dating expert” at her workplace, Park Jin Woo (Kim Woo Hyung), for advice on how to approach her new crush Jo Tae Hoon (Lee Ki Woo). Confused by her own thoughts and feelings, a visibly lost Yeom Ki Jung is in desperate need of coaching—and it remains to be seen whether Park Jin Woo will help her succeed in sorting out her love life.

Spoiler

Lee-El2.jpg

Kim-Woo-Hyung.jpg

To find out whether the three siblings will get closer to finding love, tune in to the next episode of “My Liberation Notes” on April 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523337wpp/love-is-in-the-air-for-kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-and-lee-el-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 3

Lee Min Ki Makes A Fool Of Himself Trying To Imitate Son Seok Gu In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 22, 2022
by S. Cho

JTBC has released a new set of stills for the upcoming episode of “My Liberation Notes”!

Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, “My Liberation Notes” is a new JTBC drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. It stars Kim Ji WonLee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

The new stills captures Yeom Chang Hee’s newfound respect for Mr. Gu that leads to his hilarious antics out in the fields.

In the previous episode, Mr. Gu began to warm up to Yeom Mi Jung. While they were outside, her hat flew away in the wind and Mr. Gu surprised everyone by leaping over a wide stream to retrieve it for her. The two started to develop a friendship and when Mr. Gu asked Yeom Mi Jung, “Are you sure? That when spring comes, both you and I will be different people?” she confidently assured him yes.

My-Liberation-Notes-41.jpeg

Mr. Gu’s relationship with the Yeom siblings will continue to expand as the new photos showcase his budding friendship with Yeom Chang Hee. He boldly tells Mr. Gu, “You’re my dream. A man who lives alone.” After watching in awe as Mr. Gu jumped over the stream for Mi Jung’s hat, Yeom Chang Hee grows even more fond of him.

As a result, Yeom Chang Hee sets off on his own attempt at long jump, which ends in a hilariously humiliating effort. He lands face down in the fields as his younger sister Mi Jung covers her mouth in shock. Also watching on is his friend Oh Doo Hwan (Han Sang Jo), as well as his beloved Mr. Gu.

My-Liberation-Notes-1.jpeg

Spoiler

My-Liberation-Notes-21.jpeg

My-Liberation-Notes-31.jpeg

In this week’s episodes of “My Liberation Notes,” Yeom Mi Jung and Mr. Gu will experience a shift in their relationship. Both Yeom Chang Hee and Yeom Ki Jung will also start to experience their own flings, previewing the colorful entertainment that their dull lives will soon see.

The producers of “My Liberation Notes” shared, “Yeom Mi Jung and Mr. Gu are creating a special love line that has never been seen before. Please watch over how these two people, who have met at their lowest, will support each other and grow.”

Episode 5 will air on April 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523295wpp/lee-min-ki-makes-a-fool-of-himself-trying-to-imitate-son-seok-gu-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 5

Chang Hee just couldn't and wouldn't leave Mr. Gu alone.:joy: Ironic he finds that one female co-worker insufferable due to her motor mouth, when he's just as bad.:tounge_wink: I liked how he got the friend to tell that bitter divorcee to cut it out. Honestly she should seek a counselor tbvh. I hate that she always say she would try to restrain herself but carries on with her behavior anyway.:unamused:

That impromptu date between Mr. Gu with Mi Jung.:love:He was real sweet to pass her napkins too.. he should really cut down on alcohol consumption. Those bottles he could get some money if he sent them to a recycling place.

Surprised Mr. Yeom senior didn't suspect anythin' when asked to give his daughter's number.:joy: Gi Jung and her love troubles sigh ha-ha. She comes off too desperate? These things only happen when you least expect it so she should just chill and let the universe take its course.

When Mi Jung mentions she feel lonely despite being with people... I still can't find a kindred spirit even now.:joy: I have had my trust betrayed many times and that's why I find it hard to reach out.. it's tiring for me honestly.

I hope Mi Jung continues on this journey and be "liberated" with Mr. Gu by her side of course.:heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I just saw ep 5 and agree that MJ and Mr Gu scenes are cute. I can also understand the other two older siblings better too. I hope the show also shows the backstory about mom and dad too. That would really explain the family dynamic more completely and I hope they start going more into Mr GU’s backstory. Usually I like quirky ladies but I don’t know why I am so annoyed my older sis. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like the older sister. She makes me laugh. I wish she will not be so desperate sometimes but the other siblings are desperate too. I wish they all can relax and enjoy their life as it is. All three have good traits and weaknesses like real people and I am alright with them the way they are. I will enjoy their journey to finding what their heart desire.

Chang-Hee and Gi-Jeong are very talkative and Mi-Jeong is introspective. Yes, i can see how Mi Jeong resembles her father more and the other two siblings their mother. I am curious about their parents story, about their emotions. I like how we saw the mother talking to herself about the son, when she told Mr Gu about the youngest daughter.

I like all the romantic perspectives for the three siblings and wish them luck. I thought Chang hee could make a good couple with Hyeon-A, the one who help him with that lady but I like the girl with a crush also. I definetly like Gi-Jeong and Tae-Hun and I want to see more scenes with them. I wonder why Mr Gu is obsessed with that mountain and I really want to see him start to  live again, stop the drinking. But I can see a little change, a little life in him already.

One more thing. The constant summoning to that lady about the club is becoming tiring.  It is like a harassment. It is in the job description to visit that departement? I would have ignore it big time.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

My Liberation Notes – K-Drama Episode 5 Recap & Review

23/04/2022 by Greg Wheeler

Episode 5 of My Liberation Notes returns to where we left off, in the hot, sticky sun with Mr Gu making the big jump across the gap. Mi-Jeong’s sunhat is retrieved and he goes right on back to working. What an absolute dude. Chang-Hee even thinks about jumping too but chickens out at the last minute, realizing how wide that gap actually is. However, he remains fixated on Mr Gu and his athletic skills, trying to work out if he has history in the Olympics. Eventually Gu tells him to drop it; he just wants to rest.

Meanwhile, Gi-Jeong undergoes her surgery but she’s under strict instructions to hide her face and to keep away from sunlight. Chang-Hee and the guys are shocked when they see her, wondering just what she’s done. As Gi-Jeong mentions herself, it’s “under construction.”

Chang-Hee also, predictably, continues rambling on about Gu and how amazing he is. His jump has inspired him, given he’s realized that Mr Gu is a special guy. Apparently Gu looks over at the mountain, thinking about how you could stack up 7.7 billion coins and reach the summit. Why that number? Well, Chang-He deduces that this must be to do with the world’s popular and converting everyone to currency.

Chang-Hee’s mother sends him crashing back down to earth though, pointing out the joys of getting older, including having kids and starting a family – two things that “kids today” won’t understand given he’s destined to grow old alone. Chang-Hee bites back, claiming that she’s had 2 or 3 years of joy and then has been miserable. That doesn’t seem to be true though, especially when she checks out old photos and affectionately looks at Chang-Hee in the past. When she hears them arguing, she repeats that he’s just bigger now. There’s definitely an element of denial going on here!

Mi-Jeong is still feeling sad that night though, trying to give herself positive reinforcement, “I’m a great person, I won’t ask to be loved,” she says, over and over. Mi-Jeong heads over to the shop and buys some soju for Mr Gu. It also saves him a trip.

When Mi-Jeong hands it over Mr Gu, she broaches the subject of worshipping her, pointing out her promise that they’d be different people by spring time. She likens it to a leap of faith (something we’ve already seen Mr Gu do last episode!)

Gi-Jeong continues to deliberate over Tae-Hun and eventually messages Cho Gyeong-Seon, wanting to know about the lottery tickets. She tries to get him to talk but speaks through Gyeong-Seon, learning that none of the tickets were winners. That, unfortunately, means she has no way of talking to him anymore.

With the allure of love worn off, Gi-Jeong stumbles back home again after drinking, using all of her might to make it back to her bed. She can’t eve muster up the strength to get up and wash up. “I wish there was a machine that could pick you up and wash you.” She thinks, as a giant robot picks her up and carries her out. Of course, this is all a dream but it’s also clearly what she desires too.

Chang-Hee joins the other guys from Alpha Retail who all start talking about cryptocurrency and how they should put money in in the hopes of getting a big payday. Chang-Hee is encouraged to drop 10 million won in but he obviously doesn’t have that sort of money.

While he drinks, Chang-Hee talks about A-Reum (his talkative colleague that sits next to him at work) and how she makes him feel suffocated, like her eyes are soulless. The woman he talks to, Da-Yeon, listens and stifles a laugh as he talks about how she bores him to death. Then again, he too talks a lot.

Da-Yeon admits that she likes talking to him. “You’ve fallen for me.” He says to her cheekily. She replies flirtatiously, admitting that she perks up whenever he talks. Hearing this though causes him to feel embarrassed and he stops talking so much. Sparks fly between Chang-Hee and Da-Yeon as it seems to give Chang-Hee a newfound purpose – and something else to think about on the train ride home.

Da-Yeon constantly messages the group chat, clearly awaiting Chang-Hee to reply. The thing is, he’s thinking ahead to having kids and he’s already decided he’s not the type of man that can offer her that. He keeps dating girls without actually resolving this inner conflict, and so he’s already written this off before it’s even started. So instead, he listens to Sang-Mi for over an hour on the train, rambling on about her woes. All the while, Chang-Hee has his own. He dreams of being rich and having a sports car.

At work, the Liberation Club are encouraged to come up with a statement describing what they actually do. When they reply with blank stares, they’re encouraged to head off and keep a journal. This gets Tae-Hun thinking, reminiscing on his father who actually had his own and wrote out: “What does a man live for?” It’s an insightful question and one that allowed him to think differently about his father after that.

Mi-Jeong finishes work and notices Mr Gu leaving the shop, two bottles of soju in hand. She follows after him, asking about his day. Mr Gu admits he hasn’t had dinner yet. With her father in the fields nearby, Gu is frustrated and asks her what he can actually do. When Mi-Jeong heads inside, Mr Gu watches the house before eventually drinking again.

At work, Gi-Yeong starts talking about Tae-Hun with her boss, admitting she doesn’t go through the normal stages of romance. For her, it’s always love at first sight. Funnily enough, he too feels the same way, perking up when Gi-Yeong admits that loving takes your mind off the tiring commute.

After work the next day, Mr Gu is paid by his father and plucks up the courage to ask for her number. He hands it over without blinking, and he immediately messages Mi-Jeong. He tells her has money and asks her if she wants something to eat.

Now while this is going on, we link back to the Liberation Club, where Mi-Jeong had earlier started leaving diary entries for herself, written with the title “My Liberation Notes.” Within this, it discusses parts of Mi-Jeong’s life and how she wants to start living differently to how she has before. Mi-Jeong doesn’t truly love anything. She feels sorry for her parents, and dislikes her siblings.

As they walk home together, Gi-Yeong gets off the bus and notices the pair together, walking home. Gu and Mi-Yeong don’t talk and instead, separate slowly on the path back home. But it’s clear that this isn’t going to stay a secret for long.

The Episode Review

My Liberation Notes is fast becoming one of the best K-dramas this year. Yes I know that sounds like hyperbole but the show has a way of just echoing back to real problems for real people. These characters feel so authentic and whether it be Chang-Hee chasing more money and giving up on love before he’s started, believing he wouldn’t be a good dad, or Gi-Jeong obsessing over her looks and trying to find “the one”, these characters have so much depth to them.

This chapter does a great job visualizing dreams too, and specifically that of Chang-Hee and Gi-Jeong. For the latter, we see her dream up a robot that will just do everything for her, carrying her chivalrously through the house. This also gives a nod back to the idea of “worship”, which ties into Mi-Jeong.

Mi-Jeong’s story is fascinating and understanding how she doesn’t truly love anyone – but could feel that way with Mr Gu – is such a nice way of presenting their romance, and doing so with layers of depth the whole time.

The discourse in this drama about the pursuit of happiness is so raw and authentic, and it’s beautiful the way it ties into that idea of how romance can change everything. Hopefully all of our characters manage to obtain a happy ending and find their idea of paradise!

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/myliberationnotes-s1e5review/

• Like 5

Son Seok Gu And Kim Ji Won Find A New Way To Grow Closer In “My Liberation Notes”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 24, 2022
by S. P

JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, “My Liberation Notes” is a new JTBC drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. It stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Yeom Mi Jung decided to make Mr. Gu into a “likeable person.” Mr. Gu also contacted Yeom Mi Jung himself, showing that there was something different about him. They grew closer as they shared a meal and walked the streets together, leading viewers to wonder about how their relationship would progress.

The way the pair look at each other from a distance in the new stills sets hearts aflutter. Yeom Mi Jung is seated at the dining table while Mr. Gu watches her from the sofa, listening to her speak. The moment becomes more meaningful considering the fact that the pair have never talked so comfortably with anyone before. Afterwards, Mr. Gu hands over some ice cream to Yeom Mi Jung, leaving viewers curious about her reaction to his gesture.

Spoiler

Kim-Ji-Won5.jpg

Son-Seok-Gu3.jpg

Kim-Ji-Won-Son-Seok-Gu1.jpg

In other stills, Ji Hyun Ah (Jun Hye Jin) meets Yeom Chang Hee at a convenience store. She had previously pretended to be his ex-girlfriend in order to save him. Meanwhile, Yeom Ki Jung also finally meets up with Jo Tae Hoon (Lee Ki Woo). Having completely committed to her one-sided love, she stares up at him with a dazed expression.

Lee-Min-Ki-Jun-Hye-Jin.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Ki-Woo-Lee-El.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Yeom Ki Jung will keep on nagging Yeom Mi Jung and Mr. Gu about their relationship, but the pair are expected to continue lessening the distance between them.

This episode of “My Liberation Notes” airs on April 24 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523437wpp/son-seok-gu-and-kim-ji-won-find-a-new-way-to-grow-closer-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 5

All the clues are in for Mr Gu: What could cause a man in hiding doing nothing feeling hopeless. Watching the mountain equivalent to 7.7b. Now that he doesn't need to hide but still has to continue moving. Does he owe somebody 7.7b and in hiding. Is he working undercover or hiding from the mob. Did he involved in some pyramid scam or lost somebody else investment. Maybe its as simple as he used to be an athlete who got involved in some math problems then miscalculated his train exit.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

We found Mr Gu`s name> Gu Ja Gyong! And he doesn`t have to hide anymore. Nice.

I like Chang Hee and Hyeon A together. :D

Lee-Min-Ki-Jun-Hye-Jin.jpg

The preview for ep 7

And Gi-Jeong will go on a date with Tae Hun? Nice. Nice.

Why is

Mi-Jeong

is crying? Not nice.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So his name is Gu Ja Gyeong :P

It's really hard to guess who Mr.Gu actually is. On ep.5 when Chang Hee & his friend mentioned about how the jump skill is something that needs tobe trained...I immediately think whether He might be an NSI agent or something similar like that. Maybe He was framed for something?Well..this one is a positive option. The writer also can make him a bad guy. He might be a  Fugitive criminal. 

Somehow I can't help but to think He hid 7.7billion on the mountain lol. I hope he isn't a.criminal because there will be no hope for his relationship with MJ then.

On the preview, MJ is crying and said: "How could you do this to me?" Possibly Mr. Gu is leaving the town?? His friend already said that it's time to move. In addition, His relationship with MJ is in trouble. I think Mr.Gu wants to help her resolving the debt problem but MJ doesn't like it & being angry. Probably He thinks that there's no any reason anymore to keep on staying there?

I actually confuse about the part where MJ and Mr.Gu were chatting inside Mr.Gu's house. She said that She will not ask the reason why He moved to this town, why He drinks everyday, whether He understands Korean alphabet blablabla and after that She said " I will be done once I feel whole" 

What does it mean? Why it looks like the relationship they are doing now just a temporary action to fulfill their boring life and once they feel it's enough then they will go on separate way?

Chang Hee should just date his childhood friend Hyeon A. She is always being his savior :P

• Like 5
  • Thirsty 1

Looks like next week, Gi Jung might just get lucky with the single dad eheheh~

She keep seeking love advise from that married male co-worker though... he's handsome as well LoL. I like how Mr. Gu's face softens whenever he sees Mi Jung, although it now looks like her past has caught up with her. 

Chang Hee was way out of line to intrude on Mr. Gu and toss out those empty alcohol bottles. Well in turn it was the catalyst needed for Mr. Gu to clean up the space LoL.

The way Mi Jung told Mr. Gu to keep worshipping her LoL. Like ooOoo damn girl, she got game ha-ha! Hyeon Ah is like Chang Hee's sidekick or something LoL.

That's ridiculous how cliquey the girls at Mi Jung's workplace is and how they exclude her from the Guam trip.. just 'cause she has no bikini for goodness sakes. I don't have one either but that's 'cause I can't swim although I love water ; ironic I know LoL.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I don't think Mr Gu hid 7.7b on the mountain cause when he drinks he changes his focus points so the mountain is not his focus points then If he used to be athlete that would explain his discipline and routine even in rut. But why would he run? And if he continues running why would he die? Perhaps to do with his sports being sprint running and he might reach retirement earlier if he continues the sport Anyways the thing about athletes are they do have track records of rut recovery. I feel this drama gonna end with poignant thoughts and facing their fears. 

• Like 4

just wanna express how i love this drama. a drama that can watch multiple time while waiting the new episode. my guess mi jumg cry because of his ex. maybe his ex do something taht make mi jumg embrassed or belittle mijung and that is why she cry

kinda love how mr gu keep melting/warming up to the sibling. but we dont have his interaction yet with the nuna

• Like 3

18 hours ago, illay said:

Gu Ja Gyeong is one of the names that Chang Hee mentioned in the beginning ep.5 when He searched for athlete names on internet.

Thanks for confirming that!

22 hours ago, illay said:

She said that She will not ask the reason why He moved to this town, why He drinks everyday, whether He understands Korean alphabet blablabla and after that She said " I will be done once I feel whole" 

What does it mean? Why it looks like the relationship they are doing now just a temporary action to fulfill their boring life and once they feel it's enough then they will go on separate way?

I had that same question. If that's the case then isn't she just using him? To help her feel whole...which isn't very healthy at all. :lol: She does mention she wants to "practice"...but that leads to broken hearts in the real world.

Speaking of the real world, I like how the writer brings in fantasy elements into her dramas. With My Mister it was Sang Hoon's fantasies (the middle age man whose back goes out and he can't move for a whole day, and his Hong Kong gangster/ red convertible/ sunglasses luxury day, which they did make happen!). And in this one, I was like Whaaaa?? when Gi Jung was being carried around by a white robot. LOL. Do we think that was tall single dad in that costume? That would be hilarious.

21 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Chang Hee was way out of line to intrude on Mr. Gu and toss out those empty alcohol bottles. Well in turn it was the catalyst needed for Mr. Gu to clean up the space LoL.

I loved how Mi Jung asked them, "Did he ask you to help?" She has a decent sense of boundaries. Makes me wonder if Gu tries to help her more in the upcoming episodes and she gets angry with him. Although...he did get her flyaway hat without her asking him, hehe.

Was anyone else surprised that Gu has been in Sanpo for a year already? I thought he had just arrived...

spacer.png

On 4/24/2022 at 7:36 AM, larus said:

Yes, i can see how Mi Jeong resembles her father more and the other two siblings their mother. I am curious about their parents story, about their emotions. I like how we saw the mother talking to herself about the son, when she told Mr Gu about the youngest daughter.

Great points - would be interesting to learn more about the parents. I was surprised when Mi Jung said she disliked her siblings (I can't remember if she said she disliked her parents, too?)...but it makes sense; Mi Jung seems the most respectful of her parents, older sister seems a bit lazy, and older brother just complains about everything. :lol: Plus they're all living together, which must be so stifling for all of them.

My favorite moment of Ep 5 was when Mi Jung asked Gu, "Have you decided to do it?" and he said:

spacer.png

SQUEEEEE!!!!! :wub::wub:

And a favorite moment of Ep 6:

spacer.png

@agenth I thought of you when I saw this, since you like her and she's too cute right here! :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Great points - would be interesting to learn more about the parents. I was surprised when Mi Jung said she disliked her siblings (I can't remember if she said she disliked her parents, too?)...but it makes sense; Mi Jung seems the most respectful of her parents, older sister seems a bit lazy, and older brother just complains about everything. :lol: Plus they're all living together, which must be so stifling for all of them.

Yeah. She said that she dislikes her parents too sometimes. I don`t think it is a dislike but she feels incomfortable sometimes in their presence, about people in general. I like both Chang-Hee and Gi-Jeong. They can be annoying sometimes but they are like the salt and peper for the food. Imagine all the family like Mi-Jeong and her father. Not fun at all. But I think all of them are fine the way the are. They complete each other. 

23 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

That's ridiculous how cliquey the girls at Mi Jung's workplace is and how they exclude her from the Guam trip.. just 'cause she has no bikini for goodness sakes.

Mi Jeong refuses everything and I don`t think they excluded her because she doesn`t have bikini. They all know she would have said no to the trip. It is like in real life. There has to be an approaching gesture from an individual to the group not only from the group to that individual. I believe Mi Jeong would not have felt good with so many people. She would have felt better only with close persons.

• Like 5