[Drama 2022] My Liberation Notes, 나의 해방일지

agenth

NEW EVENT- Discover BTS and come fall in love with them!:fullofhearts:

Whether you are a seasoned ARMY member or just a novice who is eager to know more about the phenomenon called BTS that has taken the world with a storm. Discover BTS with our new event and participate in the fun poll. There is something for everyone. :piggydance:

Re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

Lee Min Ki Is A Relatable Guy Who’s Lost Sight Of His Dreams In New Drama With Kim Ji Won

Mar 17, 2022
by E. Cha

JTBC’s upcoming drama “My Liberation Diary” (literal translation) has shared a new sneak peek of Lee Min Ki in his starring role!

“My Liberation Diary” is a new drama about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. Helmed by “Law School” director Kim Seok Yoon and penned by “My Mister” and “Another Oh Hae Young” writer Park Hae Young, the upcoming drama will star Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Lee El, and Son Seok Gu.

Lee Min Ki will play the role of Yeom Chang Hee, the realistic and relatable middle child of an ordinary family. Although he initially hoped to move to the city and get a taste of a more exciting world, life didn’t go according to his plans. Aimless, dreamless, and lacking any particular ambition, Yeom Chang Hee might be immature as he wanders through life without a real goal, but everything he says is always surprisingly logical. 

On weekdays, Yeom Chang Hee works as a sales manager at the headquarters of a convenience store chain, and on weekends, he toils away in the fields as a farmer for his parents. In newly released stills from the drama, his warm smile and easygoing personality are on full display as he goes about his everyday life—but they evaporate when he finds himself angrily struggling with a fan on a hot summer night.

Lee-Min-Ki-2.jpgLee-Min-Ki-3.jpgLee-Min-Ki-4.jpg

Lee Min Ki remarked, “I really like all the characters in the drama, not just my own. I love the words the characters use to express their emotions as they experience different situations—and the warmth, pain, and various other emotions that are captured in those lines.”

The actor went on to share, “When I was talking to the staff about my character, I often heard them say, ‘Chang Hee is an ordinary guy; he’s all of us.’ The character of Chang Hee was already fleshed out so well in the script that as I filmed the drama, my goal was to do a good job capturing all of that and conveying it in a satisfying way, without missing a single drop.”

“My Liberation Diary” will premiere on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1517740wpp/lee-min-ki-is-a-relatable-guy-whos-lost-sight-of-his-dreams-in-new-drama-with-kim-ji-won

• Like 2

Son Seok Gu, Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Courageously Take Their 1st Steps Towards A New Life In “My Liberation Notes” Poster

Son Seok Gu, Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Courageously Take Their 1st Steps Towards A New Life In “My Liberation Notes” Poster

Mar 18, 2022
by S. Cho

“My Liberation Notes” starring Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, Lee El, and Son Seok Gu has released its main poster!

JTBC’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “My Liberation Notes” (previously translated as “My Liberation Diary”) is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. The drama stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung, and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

The new poster shows Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, Yeom Ki Jung, and Mr. Gu softly smiling while walking together, capturing the warm vibe of “My Liberation Notes.” As they overcome the cold winter and look towards a hopeful spring, viewers will soon be able to discover each of these characters’ stories.

The poster reads, “I want all of us to be happy. Like the bright sunshine. Without anything being wrinkled.”

My-Liberation-Notes.jpeg

Kim Ji Won stars as Yeom Mi Jung, the youngest sibling, who is introverted and timid until she decides to make a change in order to liberate herself from her dreary and monochrome life. She finds all relationships to be exhausting, but she conceals her true feelings and decides to change her mindset.

Lee Min Ki stars as middle sibling Yeom Chang Hee, who has no dreams or ambition. Although his family treats him like a child, he makes sure to speak his mind. While working his long-time job in sales at the headquarters of a convenience store, Yeom Chang Hee has gotten used to his below-average life. He lives half his life in the city and half in nature as he consistently helps his parents with farm work, albeit while complaining.

Lee El plays Yeom Ki Jung, the eldest sibling, who is exhausted with her life being consumed by her commute to and from Seoul, instead of by love. Although her mother’s always said that she was born with her cold disposition, Yeom Ki Jung has a hard time finding reasons to smile in her everyday life. Will Yeom Ki Jung, who only smiles on pay day, finally be able to find love that makes her smile too?

Son Seok Gu stars as Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town. He gets worried when life seems to be going well and the only thing people know for certain about him is that he’s drunk 365 days a year. Once he starts helping out around the Yeom family’s house, Mr. Gu begins to regain his sense of purpose and undergo an unpredictable transformation.

The producers of “My Liberation Notes” commented, “We’ve captured the story about people who aren’t happy, even if they have no reason not to be, and feel like they’re trapped, even though no one has trapped them, as they courageously take one step forward towards liberation. We hope that is conveyed well.”

“My Liberation Notes” premieres on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1517882wpp/son-seok-gu-kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-and-lee-el-courageously-take-their-1st-steps-towards-a-new-life-in-my-liberation-notes-poster

• Like 2

Watch: Son Seok Gu, Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Struggle With Love In “My Liberation Notes” Teaser

Watch: Son Seok Gu, Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Struggle With Love In “My Liberation Notes” Teaser

Mar 20, 2022
by S. P

JTBC’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “My Liberation Notes” has released a new teaser!

“My Liberation Notes” is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town.

Kim Ji Won stars as Yeom Mi Jung, the youngest sibling, who is introverted and timid until she decides to make a change in order to liberate herself from her dreary and monochrome life. Lee Min Ki stars as Yeom Chang Hee, the middle sibling, who had hoped for an exciting life in the city but now lives aimlessly without any ambition. Lee El plays Yeom Ki Jung, the eldest sibling, who feels like her youth has been wasted on commuting back and forth to her job in Seoul and is desperate to find love. Son Seok Gu stars as Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town and gets drunk every day, having lost his purpose in life.

The new teaser reveals some of the inner turmoil that the characters face. Yeom Mi Jung’s voice can be heard asking, “Why do you drink every day? Should I give you something to do besides drink?” as Mr. Gu walks into a room filled with empty bottles. She then follows him down the road asking if he’s doing anything later, and her voice then confesses with a hint of regret, “I made a huge mistake with someone whose name I don’t even know.”

Meanwhile, Yeom Ki Jung reflects on her inability to express love as she asks herself why she is unable to love anyone. She then follows up by declaring, “I’m just going to love someone.” Yeom Chang Hee also grows frustrated at his own love life as he vents about his unlucky circumstances.

The teaser cuts back to Yeom Mi Jung, who tearfully confesses, “I want to feel fulfilled. Love can’t do that.” Mr. Gu’s voice asks, “Are you sure that when spring comes, we’ll both be different people?” The teaser comes to an end as Yeom Mi Jung’s voice says with conviction, “I’m sure.”

“My Liberation Notes” premieres on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1518183wpp/watch-son-seok-gu-kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-and-lee-el-struggle-with-love-in-my-liberation-notes-teaser

• Like 3

Kim Ji Won Waits For Something That Is Out Of Reach In “My Liberation Notes”

Mar 23, 2022
by S. Cho

“My Liberation Notes” has unveiled new stills of Kim Ji Won!

JTBC’s “My Literation Notes” is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town.

Kim Ji Won stars as Yeom Mi Jung, the youngest sibling, who is introverted and timid until she decides to make a change in order to liberate herself from her dreary and monochrome life. Lee Min Ki stars as Yeom Chang Hee, the middle sibling, who had hoped for an exciting life in the city but now lives aimlessly without any ambition. Lee El plays Yeom Ki Jung, the eldest sibling, who feels like her youth has been wasted on commuting back and forth to her job in Seoul and is desperate to find love. Son Seok Gu stars as Mr. Gu, the charming and mysterious outsider who suddenly arrives in town and gets drunk every day, having lost his purpose in life.

On March 22, JTBC released the first stills of Kim Ji Won as the introverted Yeom Mi Jung that depict her typical dreary day. With an indifferent facial expression, she starts her morning by waiting at the bus stop. However, it appears as if what she’s truly waiting for is far beyond the bus and anything else she can see at the moment.

Kim-Ji-Won-2.jpeg

While on the bus, Yeom Mi Jung looks lost in thought and her inner concerns start to show in her expression. However, she puts all her worries aside in the office as she puts on a bright smile in front of her co-workers. The way Yeom Mi Jung diligently navigates her exhausting daily life will serve a relatable story to viewers.

Kim-Ji-Won-3.jpegKim-Ji-Won-1.jpeg

Through her role as Yeom Mi Jung, Kim Ji Won will portray a new image of her acting. As a natural introvert, Yeom Mi Jung has lived her whole life feeling like the only person left on the planet. Every type of relationship feels like a lot to handle and her everyday life feels like homework. However, when she’s with her siblings, she still always quietly does her part. Yeom Mi Jung works as a contractor for the design team of a card company and has thus learned to put on the bright face of a member of society, but her inner feelings are always achromatic. In order to escape her indescribably heavy heart, Yeom Mi Jung decides to write her own “liberation notes” and she runs into the mysterious Mr. Gu in the process.

The actress shared, “Mi Jung has a calmness to her that isn’t easily swayed. Rather than move in the footsteps of others, she is someone who moves to the sound of her own heart. She’s a character who deeply contemplates her own life. Due to that, she yearns for liberation and is a big character.”

Kim Ji Won continued, “I hope the transformation of emotions that Mi Jung experiences is showcased well. I wanted to properly show the flow of emotions that Mi Jung experiences as time goes by, so I spoke a lot with the director.”

JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes” premieres on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1518623wpp/kim-ji-won-waits-for-something-that-is-out-of-reach-in-my-liberation-notes

• Like 3

Close up posters are so beautiful :fullofhearts: all casts are beautiful...

Please admin change the title into My Liberation Notes since the official English title is My Liberation Notes, not My Liberation Diary. Thank you in advance 

• Like 3

Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, And Lee El Discuss Their Characters In Upcoming Drama “My Liberation Notes”

Mar 25, 2022
by L. Kim

“My Liberation Notes” co-stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El recently participated in a photo shoot for Elle!

“My Liberation Notes” (previously translated as “”My Liberation Diary”) is about three siblings who want to escape their stifling lives and the events that unfold when a mysterious outsider comes to their town. The drama stars Kim Ji Won, Lee Min Ki, and Lee El as the three siblings Yeom Mi Jung, Yeom Chang Hee, and Yeom Ki Jung, and Son Seok Gu as the mysterious outsider Mr. Gu.

lee-min-ki-kim-ji-won-lee-el.jpeg

In the following interview, the actors talked about the upcoming drama and their roles. First off, Lee Min Ki about how he portrayed Yeom Chang Hee, the middle sibling who had hoped for an exciting life in the city but now lives aimlessly without any ambition.

Lee Min Ki shared, “I just wanted to look like Yeom Chang Hee, so I tried not to do anything as much as possible. I wanted to get rid of artificial things. It was a drama with a script, but in my heart, it was a documentary. I pretty much gave up on the makeup and outfits.”

lee-min-ki1.jpeg

Kim Ji Won’s character Yeom Mi Jung is the youngest sibling who is introverted and timid until she decides to make a change in order to liberate herself from her dreary and monochrome life. When asked how she interpreted Yeom Mi Jung, the actress explained, “She feels like an egg. She’s already born into the world, but she’s like a chick trying to break the shell around her.”

kim-ji-won1.jpeg

Lee El plays Yeom Ki Jung, the eldest sibling, who feels like her youth has been wasted on commuting back and forth to her job in Seoul and is desperate to find love. Lee El talked about the realistic nature of her character, saying, “I wanted to play a role in stories that always seem to be around us that would scratch the itchy parts of the viewers or say what’s on their mind on behalf of them. On that note, I read the script of ‘My Liberation Notes,’ and as soon as I read the first page, I really wanted to do try it.”

Spoiler

lee-el1.jpeg

The three actors’ full interview and pictorial will be available in the April issue of Elle.

JTBC’s “”My Liberation Notes” premieres on April 9 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1519022wpp/kim-ji-won-lee-min-ki-and-lee-el-discuss-their-characters-in-upcoming-drama-my-liberation-notes

• Like 3