[Drama 2022] Through The Darkness /Those Who Read Hearts of Evil, 악의 마음을 읽는 자들

larus

12 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The team leader and her partner seeing Ha Young feed the cat and being surprised by it, since she never thought he was like that, maybe she saw him as more of a cold person due to his limited human interactions. Interestingly later in the episode we do see her to have adopted that cat as well. 

She adopted that cat? I thought she was a cat owner. Good catch. I missed the detail.

Also, I loved how Ha Young did not miss the opportunity to use her words to point that they take responsabilities very seriously. And she recognized to herself that she was wrong.  In a way, both Ha Young and Tae-Goo are similar and, one time, a character mentioned that.

I also liked how both of them did not go home and start thinking where the criminal could be, what are his intentions. Every police officer works hard and is dedicated to their professions but those two are workaholics.

12 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So I think they just changed the name of the serial murders case here maybe

Chingus Correct me if I am wrong here. 

It happeneds in movies to change the names. Even some events can be changed.

About Hwaseong serial murders, the killer was discovered 30 years later, in 2019. In this case, even another man was convicted of one of the murders instead of the real one and he had been beaten and deprived of sleep for three days as he was forced into a confession. I think this series take real life events and real cases and construct some other fictional cases for this drama. And we`ll see how the police and profilers work to find those murderers.

They will cancel dramas for three weeks? Brrrr. I don`t like it.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Wiggle 1

With her first appearance in the drama 'Those who read the minds of evil', Seong-Ha Gong shows off her passion as a concept reporter, and is attracting viewers' expectations.

G5LDCPVTQV4OXBGMMQ7CGIWV4U.jpg

The SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Those who read the minds of evil' (Screenwriter Seol-na/Director Park Boram/Producer Studio S) was the first profiler in Korea who had to fiercely look into the minds of serial killers at the peak of evil at a time when unmotivated murders were on the rise.

In the 3rd and 4th episodes, in order to solve the murder case of a girl in Changui-dong after the launch of the criminal behavior analysis team, the criminal behavior analysis team Song Ha-young (Kim Nam-gil) and Kook Young-soo (Jin Seon-gyu) belonged to the mobile investigation team Yoon Tae-goo (Kim So-jin) belonged to. Criminal behavior analysis techniques are used to apprehend the perpetrators.

Fact Today reporter Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha), who has to write an article on atrocities, is furious at the provocative and irresponsible articles pouring out by the media even though it was a child crime. In addition, as he writes a concept article with the title of 'Cruel crimes and the death of a child, what to remember', expectations are being raised for the performance that Ki-ja Choi (Gong Seong-ha) will show as a concept journalist in the future.

The next day, Song Ha-young looks at Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha)'s article and recalls her memory of her reporter's name. The last time Song Ha-young (Kim Nam-gil) and Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha) had a car accident, they exchanged contact information. In addition, when Song Ha-young (Kim Nam-gil) was impressed with Choi Yun-ji (Gong Seong-ha)'s article, he said to himself, 'It's pretty good', and Jung Woo-joo (Ryeo-woon), the youngest member of the criminal behavior analysis team, is best friends with Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha). Also, the question of what role Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha) will play among them has also increased.

With the appearance of Choi Yoon-ji (Gong Seong-ha), how did the special relationship between Song Ha-yeong (Kim Nam-gil) and Jung Woo-joo (Ryeo-woon) of the criminal behavior analysis team affect the resolution of the case, along with the appearance of a true journalist responding to the brutal crimes that will unfold in the future? It is arousing more curiosity about what will unfold in the future.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2022/01/24/KQVBZFFXIE2EANOD3K2D2KBVR4/

I am also curious if the three reporters that were shown will have an important part in the future cases or they are just on the background as we know that the press was always presented when there are such cases.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

4 hours ago, larus said:

Also, I loved how Ha Young did not miss the opportunity to use her words to point that they take responsabilities very seriously. And she recognized to herself that she was wrong.  In a way, both Ha Young and Tae-Goo are similar and, one time, a character mentioned that.

Yeah, he very subtly replied to her sarcastic comment and yes, Tae Goo realized that she was being harsh there. I think they have mentioned it a couple of times about how similar they are, and now that I think about it, they surely seem to be similar. 

I think they will make an interesting team. We might actually see a new team/task force being made which could consist for both the Behavioral Analysis Team and Tae Goo's team here. Tae Goo is among the leads in this drama, so we will surely see more of her here I believe. 

4 hours ago, larus said:

I also liked how both of them did not go home and start thinking where the criminal could be, what are his intentions. Every police officer works hard and is dedicated to their professions but those two are workaholics.

Yup, they are. That's why Kook Young So told Ha Young that "if he overworks that way, it will make others feel like they are not doing their work properly" :joy:

Jokes apart, he did actually have a point here though. 

4 hours ago, larus said:

About Hwaseong serial murders, the killer was discovered 30 years later, in 2019. In this case, even another man was convicted of one of the murders instead of the real one and he had been beaten and deprived of sleep for three days as he was forced into a confession. I think this series take real life events and real cases and construct some other fictional cases for this drama. And we`ll see how the police and profilers work to find those murderers.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but decided to confirm with everyone here. Interestingly, if I remember correctly, the murders actually stopped because the killer was caught for breaking into a house, and later a couple of years later he was arrested for murdering his sister-in law in 1993 I believe. Which became the main reason for that serial murder case end up becoming an unsolved case. 

The worst thing was, when he was identified to be the killer in 2020 (or was it 2019?) after his DNA matched with DNA on the an evidence, he could not be punished for those murders (the registered 10, and 4 more) due to statute of limitations :isannoyed:

He is still in prison serving time for the murder of his sister-in law. 

One poor guy got arrested for being murderer of the same case, and he could only get a re-trial after the real killer was identified.

4 hours ago, larus said:

:evilelmo:

Seems like I will need to find something else to watch during those 3 weeks :rubchin:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

. Interestingly, if I remember correctly, the murders actually stopped because the killer was caught for breaking into a house, and later a couple of years later he was arrested for murdering his sister-in law in 1993 I believe. Which became the main reason for that serial murder case end up becoming an unsolved case. 

You remembered corectly about the case. The crimes stopped because he was in prison. I am glad that the statute of limitations for crimes was abolished in the present because it was so unfair to have the criminal but not be punish for the crimes. At least the killer is still in prison and he won`t be released. 

The serial killers can be caught eventually but unfortunetly, the cops need more informations and that mean more victims to catch the killer. It is terrible when the killers are not caught and when they arrest and convict an innocent person.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I've only seen the first two episodes so far but I just want to drop in to say how much I'm already loving it, the lead is already extremely likeable and the interrogation scene in the second episode was so good. I also loved those time jumps with the news they did at the end of the episodes. I'm totally hooked but now I'm conflicted if I should already catch up considering there is going to be a 3 week break.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

“Bulgasal” Rated Most Buzzworthy Drama + Kim Da Mi, Lee Joon, And Choi Woo Shik Top Actor List

Jan 25, 2022
by E. Cha

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the third week of January are as follows:

1. tvN “Bulgasal”
  2. SBS “Our Beloved Summer”
  3. KBS1 “The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won”
  4. SBS “Through the Darkness”
  5. KBS2 “Young Lady and Gentleman”
  6. MBC “Tracer”
  7. SBS “Let Me Be Your Knight
  8. JTBC “Snowdrop”
  9. Channel A “Show Window: The Queen’s House
  10. tvN “Ghost Doctor

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kim Da Mi (“Our Beloved Summer”)
  2. Lee Joon (“Bulgasal”)
  3. Choi Woo Shik (“Our Beloved Summer”)
  4. Lee Jin Wook (“Bulgasal”)
  5. Kim Nam Gil (“Through the Darkness”)
  6. Kwon Nara (“Bulgasal”)
  7. Kim Woo Seok (“Bulgasal”)
  8. Gong Seung Yeon (“Bulgasal”)
  9. Ji Hyun Woo (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)
  10. Lee Se Hee (“Young Lady and Gentleman”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510059wpp/bulgasal-rated-most-buzzworthy-drama-kim-da-mi-lee-joon-and-choi-woo-shik-top-actor-list

Viewers Frustrated with SBS Schreduling Decision to Preempt Kim Nam Gil Weekend Drama Through the Darkness For 3 weeks to Air Winter Olympics

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/01/24/viewers-frustrated-with-sbs-scheduling-decision-to-preempt-kim-nam-gil-weekend-drama-through-the-darkness-for-3-weeks-to-air-winter-olympics/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

dont understand why through the darkness is not the #1 buzzworthy drama! ratings for bulgasal keep going down; how do they determine buzzworthy?

anyway, totally agree w/ the frustrated kviewers. the drama is so intense and how can sbs break the pace of the drama, especially it's about to start on raincoat killer case? they have KNG a daesang actor and the other famous movies actor/actress in this drama but they preempt them with such a long break. they should air 1-ep each week during the game to keep the momentum going! sbs didnt air any drama after the red sky and substituted that time slot w/ a var prog for 2 weeks last yr, they could have done the same in jan and aired TTD after the olympic games! their drama development or implementation dept should be able to determine if a project is a good drama and can achieve high ratings to plan out their airing schedule. i thought sbs was a much more well-managed broadcasting station compared to the other public ones! :triumph:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:31 PM, larus said:

@larus Same. The drama is thriling  one of the best to start the 2022 but....I don't mind checking figure skating... but 3 weeks for winter games. Tsk SBS.  But anyway okay. I'm excited for upcoming Juvenile Judgment. My anticipated one.  Hoping  chingus here will be at the thread too - drama has excellent cast.

Back to watching now Ep 4 with sub.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, SJW said:

dont understand why through the darkness is not the #1 buzzworthy drama! ratings for bulgasal keep going down; how do they determine buzzworthy?

anyway, totally agree w/ the frustrated kviewers. the drama is so intense and how can sbs break the pace of the drama, especially it's about to start on raincoat killer case? they have KNG a daesang actor and the other famous movies actor/actress in this drama but they preempt them with such a long break. they should air 1-ep each week during the game to keep the momentum going! sbs didnt air any drama after the red sky and substituted that time slot w/ a var prog for 2 weeks last yr, they could have done the same in jan and aired TTD after the olympic games! their drama development or implementation dept should be able to determine if a project is a good drama and can achieve high ratings to plan out their airing schedule. i thought sbs was a much more well-managed broadcasting station compared to the other public ones! :triumph:

Isn't Bulgasal on Netflix?  I wonder if that has something to do with it?

I agree with everyone.  More people, even here on soompi, have discovered the drama and are excited about it.  Now to hear there will be a 3 week break is disappointing.  Hopefully, everyone here will return after the 3 week break so we can continue to have interesting discussions.

@jongski I'll join you watching the ice skating.  :grin:  

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

The series reminds me of the first few seasons of Criminal Minds. Profiling has always been an interesting subject for me (devoured docus about The Raincoat Killer on Netflix and the Hwaseong Murders on CNA) so it's great that we finally have this show. Will it really run for 12 episodes only? This actually has the potential to spin-off into at least one or two more seasons, but I suppose they'll end it with the resolution of the fictional Hwaseong (Daesung?) serial killer case. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Through the Darkness: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by solstices

ttd3_1.jpg

Our newly-formed team’s first case is a gruesome one, further fueling their determination to identify the criminal and seek justice for the young victim. We’re introduced to a new character that seems to straddle the line between help and hindrance, and it remains to be seen how her interactions with our team will develop.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Our duo is joined by rookie statistics analyst JUNG WOO-JOO (Ryeoun), who’s like an overgrown eager puppy, hee. Ha-young offers a word of wisdom about the tale of a blind man who carried a lantern not for himself, but for others — they need to have that mindset in order to last long in this job.

When the cut-up remains of Soo-hyun, the kidnapped little girl, are discovered, our Behavioral Analysis Team gets right on the case. They’re technically not officially allowed to investigate the case since it isn’t under their purview, so Young-soo and Ha-young decide to go straight to the captain of the Special Crime Squad — Inspector YOON TAE-GU (Kim So-jin). She’s skeptical about what they do, insisting that resolving the case takes priority over crime prevention.

Still, I like that she isn’t one-dimensional in her stubbornness, and that she’s willing to listen to reason. Our team realizes that the body parts were cleanly cut and double-bagged, like how a butcher would pack meat, and they tell Gil-pyo about it outside the station. Tae-gu overhears this as she walks out, and contrary to expectations, she actually begins investigating the butcher shops in the area.

However, she later accuses Ha-young of meddling and disrupting their work. He points out that she’s being overly defensive, but we soon realize why. Some of her coworkers don’t afford her the proper respect she deserves as team captain, disparaging and excluding her instead.

I love the subtle female empowerment that’s woven into this drama — for example, a witness dismissively refers to Tae-gu as “miss,” and Ha-young corrects her that Tae-gu’s actually the team captain. It’s an understated commentary on how women are often belittled and underestimated in the workforce, and I’m glad the drama took the opportunity to call it out. Tae-gu is such a capable character, and I appreciate that her gender isn’t spotlighted to reduce her to a trope, but neither is it glossed over.

Our team’s extrapolations of the criminal’s likely characteristics and personality traits seem like mere speculation to the higher-ups. Thankfully, they have Gil-pyo and Jun-sik in their corner, who give them the go-ahead to investigate unofficially as long as they keep it covert.

Young-soo discovers imprint marks on the back of the victim’s corpse, which allows them to narrow down the model of the refrigerator she was kept in. Eventually, Ha-young discovers that a man named Jo Hyun-gil fits their profile. The team searches his abandoned house, and they find knives, the exact refrigerator model, and Soo-hyun’s hair clip. However, only eight of Soo-hyun’s fingers surface, and Ha-young’s frustration is palpable.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/through-the-darkness-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

• Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, And Ryeo Woon Passionately Strive To Keep Their Team Going In “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 27, 2022
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Through the Darkness” has shared a glimpse of the hard-working Criminal Behavior Analysis team!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil plays Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu stars as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Ryeo Woon takes the role of Jung Woo Joo, the youngest member of the team.

Spoilers

Previously on the drama, Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo officially created the Criminal Behavior Analysis team. With the arrival of newbie Jung Woo Joo, the three set out to solve the mystery behind the one who murdered a five-year-old girl. At first, the other detectives didn’t take too kindly to the team and looked down on them, but they soon realized they needed their help. Thanks to the Criminal Behavior Analysis team, the murder case was solved, but despite their efforts, Heo Gil Pyo (Kim Won Hae) hinted they might not be able to last long.

New stills capture Song Ha Young, Guk Young Soo, and Jung Woo Joo working passionately. As always, the three characters are doing their best through repeated research and interviews with criminals. In the previous episode, Guk Young Soo asked for an air conditioner, table, and heater, and in one of the photos, viewers can see that they got a table where they can eat and have meetings together. One key point is that they’re wearing thick clothes, hinting that time has passed and it is winter now. Will the Criminal Behavior Analysis team be able to survive?

through-the-darkness5.jpg

The production team shared, “In episodes 5 and 6, which will air on January 28 and 29, time will have passed, and the story of the early 2000s will unfold. Please pay attention to whether Song Ha Young, Guk Young Soo, and Jung Woo Joo will be able to continue to be together as a Criminal Behavior Analysis team and whether they will be able to display their abilities to their hearts’ content in order to solve terrible cases and chase away ‘evil.'”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510345wpp/kim-nam-gil-jin-sun-kyu-and-ryeo-woon-passionately-strive-to-keep-their-team-going-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

This drama is dark but emotions get through.

When you feel feel the frustation of  Ha Young not finding the 2 fingers.. evem just the bones!

When you feel the longing and the need of Kook to hear the voices of his two children!

When you feel the determination of captain Yoon  and  the anger in the interrogation room

When you feel the need to  get inside Ha Young's mind. He's calm and composed questioning culprit

You know what I think. I'm seeing Kim Nam Gil's  character here  and I'm reminded of Lee SungKyun in My Mister...slightly. I'm feeling Song Ha Young's parallel to that of Park  Dong Hun. Behavior. The emotions.  Going through the motions. Hardly ever smiles. Alone. Loner at most. But deep inside.. feeling strong burdern or weight.

Perhaps on the back of his mind he's always thinking of the murdered woman floating under the sea. The one  child Ha Young was staring at when  he discovered her.

Ep 4 ending with another case, but going back to the serial murderer.  We're still going to have Ep 5 and 6. After that   we'll have to wait after three weeks for  Ep 7 and 8. Wrong move SBS.  When drama is good then you  will naot air for 3 weeks....aigoo! :/

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@jongskito me, KNG's character is more about caring and compassion for humanity and justice, and it's shown through his expression, his verbal communication, and his dedication to his job! maybe there isnt much emotion coming across from him, but there's confidence in his body language and action! he works tirelessly to solve the case and his burden is to seek justice and to help the victims! it gives hope and comfort to mankind despite all these inhumane murder cases happening!

certainly, it's the amazing work of the production team to convey the passion and energy of this korean bau.  pd kim even had the supporting role by RW to express the mournful mood through sketching that 5-yr old girl! knetizens has praised this pd for not filming the drama in the typical gory style, but from the perspective of the detectives! yes sbs indeed is making a wrong move for not airing it during olympic!!!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

so caught up and watched ep 3 and 4. 

the negative -- really wish they had chosen better lighting because it makes the drama that much more exhausting and difficult to watch. watch a lot of detective/murder mysteries but don't usually have this reaction -- the reason is simply better lighting. when the lighting is sunny, even if the subject matter is disheartening, it doesn't pull you down as much. here, even the small light hearted moments between the characters don't feel as engaging because there is no light! so rather than rushing to watch the episode, have to mentally prepare myself for downer to watch this -- not sure if other viewers also feel the same. it will be interesting to see if this affects viewership when it starts airing again. 

8 hours ago, jongski said:

When you feel feel the frustation of  Ha Young not finding the 2 fingers.. evem just the bones!

When you feel the longing and the need of Kook to hear the voices of his two children!

When you feel the determination of captain Yoon  and  the anger in the interrogation room

the drama did a great job of not only humanizing the police force but also showing how much of a toll such cases take on them. there is an emotional and mental cost to the investigators as they walk through the darkness. 

the poster also made more sense after the story that ha young told -- the blind man walks with a light so that others can see and not fall. so ha young and young su are paving the way for other officials to come. it was also interesting to see a brief discussion on faith. young su is no longer sure he believes in God but at the same time, the idea that all these horrible evil guys will be whacked and punished at one point is appealing and gives them a sense of comfort and reassurance. made me wonder if the police get closure after a case is closed and the criminal is sent to jail...

kim-nam-gil4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Kim Nam Gil Can’t Suppress His Emotions Any Longer And Explodes With Rage In “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 28, 2022
by L. Kim

Kim Nam Gil will no longer be able to hold his anger back in “Through the Darkness”!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil plays Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu stars as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team.

Spoilers

Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo officially created the Criminal Behavior Analysis team. With the arrival of newbie Jung Woo Joo (Ryeo Woon), the three set out to solve the mystery behind the one who murdered a five-year-old girl. At first, the other detectives didn’t take too kindly to the team and looked down on them, but they soon realized they needed their help. Thanks to the Criminal Behavior Analysis team, the murder case was solved, but despite their efforts, Heo Gil Pyo (Kim Won Hae) hinted they might not be able to last long.

On January 28, “Through the Darkness” shared a glimpse of the upcoming episode.

In the first set of photos, Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo reunite with Cho Hyun Gil (Woo Jung Kook), the culprit behind the murder case of the five-year-old girl. It’s not easy to talk to a criminal, especially a murderer, and digging deep into their minds could cause great psychological pain for ordinary people. Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo must suppress their emotions as they interview culprits to find more data about people who commit crimes for unusual reasons.

Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo might seem expressionless, but their eyes are seething with rage as they talk with Choi Hyun Gil, who shamelessly looks like he’s in an unfair situation. What kind of conversation will these three have, and how will it affect the duo’s research?

through-the-darkness-13.jpg

The second set of stills capture Song Ha Young exploding with anger. Song Ha Young, who is usually calm and good at controlling his emotions, will change 180 degrees in the next episode.

In the photos, Song Ha Young is grabbing someone by the collar, and he’s expressing his fury with his entire body. His eyebrows are furrowed in distaste, and his eyes are sharp with aversion.

When Song Ha Young witnessed a drowning body as a child, he felt compassion rather than shock or fear. He realizes he was different from others and tried not to reveal his feelings outwardly. So he seems emotionless at first glance, but he looks deeper into the inside of others than anyone else. So viewers are eager to find out why Song Ha Young lost his temper and who he’s so furious at.

through-the-darkness-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510593wpp/kim-nam-gil-cant-suppress-his-emotions-any-longer-and-explodes-with-rage-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Kim Nam Gil Worries About A New Murder In “Through the Darkness”

Kim Nam Gil Worries About A New Murder In “Through the Darkness”

Jan 28, 2022
by E. D

New stills from “Through the Darkness” have been released ahead of tonight’s new episode!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil plays Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu stars as his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team.

Spoiler

through-the-darkness-1.jpeg

through-the-darkness-2.jpeg

through-the-darkness-3.jpeg

The released stils suggest another murder has occurred, prompting curiosity for the upcoming fifth episode. The picture shows Song Ha Young in what appears to be the living room of a luxurious house. His sharp eyes and facial expression show the intensity of the situation. Song Ha Young is known to be a stoic character, rarely showing any emotion. But the concern on his face hints to the fact that the situation may be unusual.

Ahead of tonight’s episode, the production team said, “In the fifth episode, another murder occurs. It’s a murder more shocking than before, and the need for the Criminal Behavior Analysis team and profiling will feel strong. Kim Nam Gil performed his best with his meticulous character analysis and high concentration. Please look forward to it and be interested.”

The fifth episode of “Through the Darkness” will air tonight at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510545wpp/kim-nam-gil-worries-about-a-new-murder-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Episode 5 was very informative. We was given a glimpse of the past between TTG , KBS and Song Ha Young.

Yoon Tae Goo is rather an ungrateful witch for her lack of  respect to SYH. In the past she was promoted to his collar. I kinda lost respect for her because she seemed to agree with everyone else of SHY lack or respect of authority. In my opinion it is the fact no one likes to listen to his perspective and think he looks down on them that is not true at all.  

Supposedly Kim Bong Shik seems to  think he was betrayed by SHY but at the beginning of this the episodes we can see he is corrupt and not a good cop. He is talking to the media and leaking confidential information. He will only compormise the case in the long run.  He has  been promoted to Chief  of Special Crime Squad. He is rude and very disgusting in my eyes. Special Crime Squad has gotten a new case because the Gangnam Police are at lost to what to do. This case is special beacue SHY and his department expected him to still be in the cooling off period. It is now the Year 2003 /9/12.  

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1