[Drama 2022] Through The Darkness /Those Who Read Hearts of Evil, 악의 마음을 읽는 자들

larus

Kim Nam Gil And Jin Sun Kyu Present A Shocking Idea In Order To Catch The Serial Killer In “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 29, 2022
by L. Kim

Kim Nam Gil and Jin Sun Kyu will think outside the box in order to catch the killer in SBS’s “Through the Darkness”!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is a drama based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu plays his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Kim So Jin stars as Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Through the Darkness,” the Criminal Behavior Analysis team realized that they were most likely dealing with three different murders by the same killer. As Song Ha Young analyzed these three incidents in which murder was seemingly committed for no other reason than murder itself, he instinctively knew that these were serial killings.

On January 29, SBS increased the excitement for the drama by sharing stills of the next episode. In the photos, the Criminal Behavior Analysis team and the Mobile Investigation Unit are gathered in one place. Song Ha Young, who is standing at the front of the room, appears to be sharing something with the Mobile Investigation Unit. Guk Young Soo and Jung Woo Joo (Ryeo Woon) are paying keen attention to what fellow member Song Ha Young has to say.

What is particularly eye-catching is Yoon Tae Goo’s reaction. Previously, many members of the Mobile Investigation Unit expressed their discomfort about the Criminal Behavior Analysis team being part of the investigation. Seo Dong gap (Kim Bong Sik) even had a physical fight with Song Ha Young when he came to see the scene of the incident. Yoon Tae Gu also agreed that boundaries between teams are needed, but in the photo, she’s fully concentrating on what Song Ha Young has to say.

What kind of idea did Song Ha Young, Guk Young Soo, and Jung Woo Joo come up with? How will it affect future investigations, and will it help solve this case?

Spoiler

kim-nam-gil4.jpg

through-the-darkness-4.jpg

Spoiler

jin-sun-kyu2.jpg

ryeo-woon.jpg

kim-so-jin1.jpg

The producers of the drama commented, “In episode 6, Song Ha Young, Guk Young Soo, and [Jung Woo Joo] of the Criminal Behavior Analysis team will make an unconventional suggestion to prevent serial murders. This proposal has never been thought of by anyone, and it will also be doubted by many people. Please pay attention to Song Ha Young and Guk Young Soo’s idea, what kind of process they went through before coming up with this plan, and whether it will be accepted.”

The next episode of “Through the Darkness” will air on January 29 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510721wpp/kim-nam-gil-and-jin-sun-kyu-present-a-shocking-idea-in-order-to-catch-the-serial-killer-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Kim Nam Gil And Jin Sun Kyu Must Find The Link Between New Murders In “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 29, 2022
by E. Cha

Get ready for yet another murder on the next episode of SBS’s “Through the Darkness”!

Set in the late 1990s, “Through the Darkness” is a new drama based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu plays his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team. Kim So Jin stars as Yoon Tae Goo, the team leader of the Mobile Investigation Unit at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Through the Darkness,” the Criminal Behavior Analysis team realized that they were most likely dealing with three different murders by the same killer. As he analyzed these three incidents in which murder was seemingly committed for no other reason than murder itself, Song Ha Young instinctively knew, “These are serial killings.”

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Song Ha Young, Guk Young Soo, Yoon Tae Goo, Baek Joon Shik (played by Lee Dae Yeon), and Heo Gil Po (played by Kim Won Hae) all gather at the scene of a new murder. Just like the murder from Episode 5, this latest killing also takes place at a luxury residence. 

Both the Criminal Behavior Analysis team and the detectives at the crime scene are visibly shaken by this latest addition to the case, and even while surrounded by a sea of reporters, they are unable to hide their shock and stress as they attempt to find the link between the different murders.

The producers of the drama teased, “You could say that Episode 6 is an especially crucial episode in the overarching story of ‘Through the Darkness.’ A serial murder has taken place, and both the Criminal Behavior Analysis team and the Mobile Investigation Unit will clash even more fiercely against evil as they race to catch the culprit.”

They went on to add, “The suspense will leave you breathless, and the outstanding and passionate acting of the cast will immerse viewers even more deeply in the story. Please give [the episode] lots of interest.”

Through-the-Darkness6.jpg

To find out whether the Criminal Behavior Analysis team will be able to catch the killer, tune in to the next episode of “Through the Darkness” on January 29 at 10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1510694wpp/kim-nam-gil-and-jin-sun-kyu-must-find-the-link-between-new-murders-in-through-the-darkness

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

I finished ep 5; I didn't love it as much as the other episodes, but I think ep 5 was more of a vehicle to introduce the hateful new chief Bok something, as well as understand the relationship between Ha Young and Tae Goo.  I do take issue with the chase Tae Goo was involved in before she rose in ranks.  She did nothing but watch while Ha Young dealt with the perpetrator.  Yeah, she knocked him down, but she could have been more involved.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Ep 6.  The satisfction I felt when Yoon slap Bong Sik who is arrogant sexist jerk.

Done with Ep 5 and 6. 

Things I didn't like about Ep 5.  The beginning scene. I keep asking myself... why is a child rapist and murderer given a specia treament? Is it like bribe? I mean lunch while intervieving.. I mean hotpot going on interrogation room. :/ Is that even allowed in prison.. and all the utensils? For the sake of drama and emphasis. I'll take it  as it is.

Interviewing a killers is mind and heartwrenching tiring. Ha Young calm demeanor demonstrates this. He couldn't even continue to write down anyting on his notebook.Clenching that pen hard.  If this drama's plot is about  action crime, we'd have a scene of police character losing his wits end and would have choke that killer right then and tere.

But this drama is showing what goes through the minds and emotions of profiler. What it is that they exactly do and how their analysis helps the investigation of crime and the criminal.

Ha Young is smart. describing exacltly what is cooling off period for a serial killer. The systematic and unsystematic type of killler. He really dig deep and analyse emotions. Why killers will do what they do and what's the motivation. If anything at all.. we learn that killers  have had past that stems from either emotional veral trauma to physical abuseal which they carry once they get older and the mindset starts to form.

In ep 5 we're also introduced to Bong Sik  whom Yoon and Ha young knew from before. All three knew each other and there stems a upsmanship and betrayal? Is it because she took the accolade from capturing a killer on lose when it's Ha Young who apprehended and di all the work and she never said a word. Bong Sik thought she did great.

I think the reason why she never said anything was to show Bong Sik. she's not just woman,  who's shallow, narrow minded, and can't keep up with the boys and can't do anything type of detective.

Ep 6 Yes. That slap of Yoon to Bon Sik. I do think his character is unnecessary. But his appearane I guess it's to show the  rationale for Yoon's behavior.  She actually requested the chieft to have the Behavior Analysis team from interfering.. coming in and out of crime scene, investigating as they please.  Her conversation with Ha Young towards the end of the episode, she told him the crime squad is competent and doing everything they can.  Again I think stems from how she's treated as a woman detective who's probably not up to task. She wants to make point and prove to herself that she can lead and she capture a killer without his help.  Bong Sik belitted her already for beng a woman on the force.. told her to cut her hair. That sexist pig.

Also. Kook's brithday. It tug the my heart.

Kook and Ya Houng job's you think it's easy but it's difficult and draining to think. You have to have the patience and temperament do think to get ino and analyze  criminal behavior.  

And Yoon. There are tmes I don't like her but I do understand now why the attitude.

And just when its exciting it's cancelled for 3 weeks giving way to Winter Olynpics. There are good upcominng dramas that will premier this Feb. I hope viewers don't forget this when it resumes with ep 7 and 8. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@CarolynH@jongskiagree with you both about the slower pace of these 2 eps! thnk probably b/c of the 3-week break that the production team doesnt want to start the momentum of the new case! i think this serial killer case will take up 4 more eps compared to the other dramas like signal or tunnel! would like to see more details about this case/killer(s) and how it will be solved by this bau.

dont understand the point of having bong sik! yes there are always corrupt cops in this world, but this guy is a bit ridiculous and a joke! he wasnt at his job, went off sauna, lunches, leaked off case info to the media, whatever... and the mgmt knew all these and still put up with him without gaining any profits/benefits from him. i was laughing so hard when he thought he solved the case with the pronunciation of the cities. if his character is there to interfere the bau, i wonder how much he could do with his style of inefficiency and ineffectiveness! maybe this character is here to lighten up the mood of the drama! :cries3:

am also lost with yoon, was waiting for her relationship w/ hayoung to unfold but it was about her being silent for what hayoung did for her. so she felt ashamed and that was why the hostile attitude towards hayoung? fm ep1, when all the other cops talked about reasons hayoung transferred to a local station b/c of bad attitude and i didnt see it at all. he was respectful to his lead and didnt even report him when he physically abused the suspect to get a confession. so what possibly could he do to yoon? i understand it was difficult for her to hold her position as a woman in those days, but she took credit to get a promotion, and the least she could do was to be nice to him now!

with the slower pace of this week eps, it helps lessen my eagerness and expectation for the coming eps and hence will be easier to get through the 3-week break! good strategy by the production team, guess they are good at analyze viewers' minds! :approves:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• Blob 1

I am watching the Raincoat Killer on Netflix.  It's a shame Netflix didn't pick up this drama.  I would have liked to watched the drama then the documentary.  I was surprised what happened and wonder if the drama will follow.  One thing I noticed, is that the resentment towards the BAU either didn't exist or wasn't mentioned in the documentary.  I believe the forensics team would have 1 profiler at a crime scene.  In the drama, the profilers are fighting just to examine the crime scene.  

@jongski The birthday gift from Ha Young to Chief Kook also touched me.  So sweet of him to remember and even buy a gift.  :heart:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I found the latest 2 episodes to be a lot more slower than previous ones. But slow is not always boring, and I think it was good to see everyone struggling with their seemingly first serial murder case. Now since they had mentioned the "Daesung serial murder" (aka Hwaseong serial murder) case in ep 4 only, I think this is rather a serial murder case in like 10 years, or maybe this is the first serial murder case in Seoul. Well, whatever it is, maybe you Chingus can make it clearer for me. 

Back to drama, I do understand Ha Young and Chief Kook going for the way to scare the killer and stop the murders temporarily which would save some lives, and also buy them some time in order to investigate the case. But this also led to the killer to learn and evolve. Now, again maybe I missed it, but I wonder why Ha Young didn't think of the fire incident in the latest case to be the way of killer trying to hide his trails, or make the murder look like a different case. That was the first instance of the killer firstly taking longer to kill (which was rightly pointed out to be because of the news on him), and secondly the killer showing how he actually reacted to the news on him and in this one month hiatus he didn't sit idly and evolved in the process. 

We are dealing with a very smart killer here, he even went to have a full body x-ray, in order to understand the human body well for his upcoming murders. I have not watched the documentary on the Raincoat Killer, mainly because I am planning to watch it after I am done with this drama. But, I wonder if we will see slight change in the killer's MO as well in this case. 

At the same time, knowing the killer is going after elderly people, I am kinda worried about Ha Young's mother here. I really hope she will stay safe and will not be targeted by the killer. 

Also by the looks of it, we will have another serial murder case happening in the next episode, which will air in 3 WEEKS :evilelmo:

Back to drama, I think we might see more flashback scenes in order to understand what exactly happened between Tae Goo and Ha Young. Seeing the first few episodes, it wasn't just Tae Goo who was uneasy/distrustful around Ha Young, it seemed to be the case for Ha Young as well. So I don't really think it is merely because Ha Young let her take the credit for catching a criminal, which got her getting promoting for the same, and then since the evil Chief Kim Bong Shik went on to say (maybe continuously or spread rumors), on her getting the credit for something Ha Young did. So I look forward to seeing what actually happened between them as well. 

Chief Kim Bong Shik, well, we all know what kind of cop he is. Even the higher ups know what kind of guy that dude is. They even know that he could be the one leaking info, but then since they don't have concrete evidence, they are not really doing anything to him. I also liked how Bae Joon Shik, who I think the highest ranking officer in the station actually took Behavioral Analysis Team's side on them wanting to check out the crime scene, by pointing out that if others have issue they need to discuss with him, since that team is directly reportable to him. 

While it is kinda frustrating to see this happen even in the second case, I think we will continue to see Behavioral Analysis Team not being welcomed by any team in their cases. We know that detectives have always been pretty possessive with their cases, and here too they are seeing as them as the ones who want to take credits away for solving a case, rather than help them solve a case.

It is also interesting to see what will happen to Behavioral Analysis Team, since while they managed to stop the murder temporarily, the killer will be back soon, and the time they bought may have worked against them here. The other teams are not so happy with them as well. So let's see what's going to happen to them as well. 

For me, my most favorite scene was Ha Young remembering Chief Kook's birthday, and giving him a gift along with the seaweed soup his mother prepared (which he must have asked her to do since Cheif Kook's family was away and no one was there to cook it for him). This again just shows that while Ha Young might not be showing how much he cares about the people around him, he actually might be the one who cares the most about people around him. 

• Like 4

Through the Darkness: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by solstices

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/ttd5_1.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/ttd5_1.jpg

The emergence of South Korea’s first serial killer sends the police force into turmoil. Our heroes must put their heads together in a race against time, so as to prevent the murderer from claiming yet another victim.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

We wrap up last week’s Jo Hyun-gil case with a prison interview. Boorishly self-centered, Hyun-gil keeps blaming other factors for why he turned out the way he did, saying that little Soo-hyun shouldn’t have caught his attention that day. Disappointment clouds Ha-young’s eyes as he realizes just how unrepentant Hyun-gil is.

Months pass by as our team works hard interviewing criminals, eventually taking us to September, 2003. A new chief, KIM BONG-SHIK (Seo Dong-gab), transfers into the special crime squad. Bong-shik is condescending and rude, flicking his name card at a bewildered Woo-joo and lounging in Ha-young’s seat as if he owns the place. Worse yet, he’s in cahoots with immoral reporter Moo-shik, sending him tips about cases so he can break exclusives.

There’s clearly history between Bong-shik and Tae-gu, given her clear discomfort at working with him. We soon learn that back in 1996, Tae-gu had been chasing a suspect when the man had ambushed her and held a knife to her neck. Luckily, Ha-young arrived in time to disarm and take down the culprit, allowing her to cuff him. That got Tae-gu promoted to inspector, and during the award ceremony, Bong-shik whispered scornfully that he’s surprised she lasted this long rather than quit and get married. Ugh.

Of course, petty Bong-shik also has a bone to pick with Ha-young. It turns out that Bong-shik, while brown-nosing his connections, had ended up taking bribes and arresting the wrong suspect. Ha-young hadn’t been fooled, leading to Bong-shik’s demotion. That got Ha-young branded as a backstabbing troublemaker, and to this day Bong-shik still holds a grudge.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/through-the-darkness-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I found the latest 2 episodes to be a lot more slower than previous ones. But slow is not always boring, and I think it

was good to see everyone struggling with their seemingly first serial murder case.

I agree that slower pace doesn`t mean boring. For me anyway. Everything depends on the story. I loved every minute of this drama. For me it is not boring at all. This drama is my favorite drama at the moment.

My favorite moment from these two episodes (5 &6):

- When Song Ha Young and Kook Young-Soo were wolking at the begining of episode 5 and spending time together. They worked hard all this time and we see how the file were increasing. Their work is important because when another serial killer will appear, they had some other exemples to come up with a theory about the killer. I love their bond as a team members.

- When Ha Young gave a birthday present to Young Soo and later received a phone call from his family. 

I love the Behavioral Analysis Team team members. All of them. Kook Young Soo is such a good boss, perceptive, possionate about his work. He is the liant on the team. Ha young so diligent about his work, analytical and so serious. The rookie Woo-Joo is smart too and he is learning fast. I loved how he dealt with Kim Bong-Sik.

- The slap. So satisfying. I like that they gave us more information about the past. Kim Bong-Sik is useless and lazy. I laughed when he came up with the "brilliant deduction" on his own. :w00t:

It was not nice at all that Yoon Tae-Goo did not tell the truth about the arrest and let them assume that she alone arrested the asailant and took credit (she got the promotion) but I still don`t hate her for that. It is a human mistake. We saw that she has a conscience and she felt guilty. I understand why she was uncomfortable around Ha young. She still feel guilty.  How disguiting it was when Kim Bong-Sik made misogynistic remarks and set her up to spend time with those sleezy prosecutors. It is very hard to be a woman in police force. 

I know that the higher ups knows what kind of police officer is Kim Bong-Sik but how the hell he got promoted? It is unbelievable. I wanted to slap him myself when he came to the murder scene and he walked aimlessly, making the work of those who took evidence very difficult. What he was doing there? Pretend to work? 

Ha young is a sweetheart. Not only that he saved the life of his colleague but he did not mind that she took credit. Not like other people in his place. He is the last police officer who cares about the promotions. He only cares about his work, catching the bad guys. He was there when Yoon Tae-Goo was promoted and he had flowers for her. She saw that he left and did not take a picture with her and she assumed that he must have been upset with her. But in reality, he received a phone call and he had to go quickly.

We have to wait for three weeks to see the next episode. I don`t like it but I am looking forward to watch the last half of the drama.

7 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Back to drama, I do understand Ha Young and Chief Kook going for the way to scare the killer and stop the murders temporarily which would save some lives, and also buy them some time in order to investigate the case. But this also led to the killer to learn and evolve.

Yeah... just like Behavioral Analysis Team said, the killer is smart. He has a full body x-ray and anatomy books now to study. It was inevitable that the killer would evolve. The moment would have come sooner or later.

Not only the police facing a case that did not usually happen but also Behavioral Analysis Team is in the beginning of their work and they don`t have much experience. I don`t know how it was better. To release the picture alerting the killer and make him stop for the moment or not release the picture and make him continue the killing. I think I would have opted for the same situation (to release the picture). Either way, it is a hard decission.

We`ll see that the police will realise that profilers will have a great contribution to catch  serial killers. They will understand what is a profiler and what they can do to catch those unausual killers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CarolynH said:

One thing I noticed, is that the resentment towards the BAU either didn't exist or wasn't mentioned in the documentary.  I believe the forensics team would have 1 profiler at a crime scene.  In the drama, the profilers are fighting just to examine the crime scene.  

I did not see the documentary but, of course, they don`t mention about the "resentments" towards BAU team members. The drama show how the first profilers have worked and how they `faught` to make a place for himself among the police departments. Perhaps when the Raincoat Killer case appeared, the profilers had a department and they already worked on the filed. This drama was made after the book of the first profiler of Korea where he talked about the beginnings, how the other police officers saw them, how they talked to the serial killers, how they catched other killers. Even without the book, I can understand what is happening on screen. It is natural that the other colleagues were reluctant to profilers at first and their reaction was expected.  I find this drama very reliable and close to reality. 

• Like 3

havent watched the documentary show either, but think the documentary and the drama are filmed from different perspectives! a documentary usually focuses on analyzing  and presenting the case more whereas this drama is more about the profilers (bau) based on the book written by the first profiler as @larus pointed out.

i do have a question about the characters based on the book. if hayoung is based on the first profiler (the author), then what about kook? is he also based on a real-life person? i am very impressed with this character! he is so intelligent and gifted with the vision to establish this bau in south korea. he is such an amazing person with a sanguine and phlegmatic temperament that helps him to pursue his vision! he is so insightful and can discern that hayoung is gifted as a profiler and humble enough to work together as a team. his wife is equally wonderful as she takes care of their children in sg and gives him all the supports so he can concentrate in his work. they are not living together for so many years and some women would have asked for divorce! dont have enough words to describe this beautiful character!

if hayoung is important being the first profiler in south korea, then kook would be the pioneer in overcoming lots of obstacles and challenges in establishing the korean bau! dont get me wrong, they both pursue their work with all their passion!

i truly appreciate the simple day-to-day details like birthday, family interaction that the pd incorporates in this drama. the detectives' job is to solve the cases and protect the well-being of the citizens but they are also normal people who have families and needs. the media and the citizens in the drama and in real life always blame or criticize the police force for not doing their job when they dont see any progress or results in solving crimes. hope people can learn to be more understanding and be gracious toward this public servant through watching this drama! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, larus said:

I know that the higher ups knows what kind of police officer is Kim Bong-Sik but how the hell he got promoted? It is unbelievable. I wanted to slap him myself when he came to the murder scene and he walked aimlessly, making the work of those who took evidence very difficult. What he was doing there? Pretend to work? 

I've been wondering about this too.  His ally seems to be that reporter, but he must also have one within the police department, otherwise, how, with his records, was he promoted to the Chief? 

In the documentary, there is a female (i think she's a detective); I wonder if Tae Goo is loosely based on her?  I noticed that the filmmakers focus on the hands of the detectives quite often.  You can tell talking about the murders still really affect them.  

• Like 1

i cant imagine Chief Guk's reaction if he knew the murderer was using his police ID to gain entry into the victim's house. 

I thought it's one case to two episodes.......but this current case is probably the loooooongest case and one with higher profile than Hwaseong case. 

....makes me think criminal profilers need to have strong stomachs ......i hate those interviews in the prison.:dead:

• Like 2

We're actually watching The Raincoat Killer again after finishing Episode 6 of Through The Darkness.

Save for Ha Young who is clearly based on Kwon Il Yong, I think majority of the characters here are composites of the law enforcement officers who were featured on the documentary. 

Kim Bong Sik though is basically a composite representation of everything that was wrong about the police during that time. I'm betting he'll even get the storyline where the killer basically escaped police custody because he thought a colleague was still interrogating the suspect.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SJW said:

i do have a question about the characters based on the book. if hayoung is based on the first profiler (the author), then what about kook? is he also based on a real-life person? i am very impressed with this character! he is so intelligent and gifted with the vision to establish this bau in south korea. he is such an amazing person with a sanguine and phlegmatic temperament that helps him to pursue his vision!

I realy like Kook Young Soo. Ha Young and Woo-Joo are lucky to have a boos like him. And Kook is lucky with the other team members. He has a good eye for tallent. He knew about Ha Young before and he wanted him to be in this team.

About the characters in the drama and who is who in the book. I don`t know that Ha Young is totally the author of the book. I read about profiler Kwon Il-Yong (who wrote the book that inspired this drama).  Kwon Il Jong has a family, likes to talk about the job problems over drinks (he said that it is necesarry to mentain the mental sanity). Probably some of the officers have his qualities. Ha Young is based on him. When asked if there is a resemblance with Kim Nam Gil`s character he said that "It resembles my youth". I think he had a similar personality.  Article here

I remember something. There was a scene when Ha Young and Young Soo were in an elevator and people noticed how bad they smell because they came from the morgue :D Kwon Il Jong talked about how his wife noticed what he is doing at work (he did not tell her what is her job as a profiler) when she took his shirts to be washed. I found that scene very realistic.

I found a video of profiler Kwon Il Jong.

I said it again. I really like this drama because it is not the story of the criminals but about the work of profilers, about people who catch the criminals. It is about their story. 

• Like 2

SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Those who read the minds of evil'

Behind the scene with Kim Nam Gil , Jin Seon Kyu and real like profiler Kwon Il Jong

So Kook is inspired after a real life person too, Deputy Commissioner Yun Oe Chul. It is the first time I read about him.

It was so funny when they re-enacted the actual scene of recruting the young Kwon to the team.:D Kwon is natural funny. 

This OST is so great for this drama.

OST part 1.

Nerd Connection [너드커넥션] 'LULLABY'

• Like 3

On 2/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, CarolynH said:

I am watching the Raincoat Killer on Netflix.  It's a shame Netflix didn't pick up this drama.  I would have liked to watched the drama then the documentary.  I was surprised what happened and wonder if the drama will follow.  One thing I noticed, is that the resentment towards the BAU either didn't exist or wasn't mentioned in the documentary.  I believe the forensics team would have 1 profiler at a crime scene.  In the drama, the profilers are fighting just to examine the crime scene.  

Thanks for the mentioning Netflix's documentary. It's like watching episode 7.....:rainbow:

I have only one comment after watching it......What a circus !

Is that serial random stabbing cases still a cold case to date?

• Like 1

@larusthanks for digging up all these videos! now i am curious how this deputy commissioner Yun Oe Chul is like in real life. Commissioner Yun was such a visionary leader back then, and i applause him for pushing through his vision in such a conservative/traditional and unwelcoming environment! :hooray:

• Like 2

Watch: Kim Nam Gil And Jin Sun Kyu Create A Fun And Realistic Staff Dinner Atmosphere While Filming “Through The Darkness”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 4, 2022
by S. Cho

SBS has shared a new making-of video for “Through the Darkness!”

“Through the Darkness” is a drama based on the story of South Korea’s first criminal profiler. Kim Nam Gil stars as Song Ha Young, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Criminal Behavior Analysis team, while Jin Sun Kyu plays his friend and colleague Guk Young Soo, who originally brought him onto the team.

At the start of the clip, Kim Nam Gil is excitedly proposing ideas for the upcoming scene. Professor Kwon Il Yong, the real-life first criminal profiler of South Korea on whom the drama is based, watches from the side and nods in approval of the actor’s suggestions.

Afterwards, Kim Nam Gil, Jin Sun Kyu, and Ryeo Woon energetically film a scene at a restaurant. In contrast to the solemn scene, the trio look as if they’re at a real-life staff dinner, having fun feeding one another and making each other finish their drinks in one go.

The three actors are later joined by Seo Dong Gap, who plays villain Kim Bong Sik. While Jin Sun Kyu waits to enter the scene, he watches from the side and imitates the villain’s lines before making everyone laugh with his random improvisations.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1511313wpp/watch-kim-nam-gil-and-jin-sun-kyu-create-a-fun-and-realistic-staff-dinner-atmosphere-while-filming-through-the-darkness

• Like 3