[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

On 8/9/2022 at 8:35 PM, partyon said:

EXTRA POLL QUESTION: So I - the sweet little innocent lamb?

c) She is a fraudster and an opportunist. She directly influenced the position she is in right now with her choices and behavior. Yul needs a woman who is as pure hearted as him - So I isn't that person. She will probably die in the end anyway.

c) She is a fraudster and an opportunist. She directly influenced the position she is in right now with her choices and behavior. Yul needs a woman who is as pure hearted as him - So I isn't that person. She will probably die in the end anyway.

Yup, that's what I think of So-I.

I just wanna get done/through with her character's downfall a.s.a.p.

Edited by AlterEgoNo9

Yul is having the most difficult time. 

Im glad Uk now knows about Yul's secret and how hard it is for him.

I dont like the promise between Yul and Mudeok. Of course he did it to protect her.

Yul should tell her that he knows the truth. Its only fair for both of them.

I wonder if Yul and Naksu will go to the town together. that would be interesting.  :D

I want Naksu to know how Yul always quietly protected her.  

:fullofhearts:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 8/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, K-dramafan22 said:

Yul is quite a die-hard type of guy. :heart2beat: Once he is fixated on someone like Naksu, I think it would be very hard for him to have eyes for anyone else.   ...so.... Sol-i really does not stand a chance....

But the weakness for an old love cannot beat the fireworks of an ardent new love...Naksu likes her student, they are an item already, they cannot spend an hour separated before they start looking for each other :wub:

It's nice that they are still so fond of each other, but Naksu has moved on already, and Yul should do the same. I'd like that they bring a new love interest for him, a wild warrior girl would suit him well. Since he's the shy type, a girl that's forward and sassy would be ideal. Let's see what happens, I'd really love to see how everyone finds love, including Yul and the Crown Prince :lol:

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

Updated and corrections with more info about seven stars: 

king star: Jang uk (and possibly Jin buyeon or Naksu if either of them was born under king star). 

6 stars: 

Cheongbawan- Naksu/cho yong (her father worked there. So she has strong connection to it). 

Seo- Yul 

Royal/Daeho- crown prince

Songrim- Dang gu 

Heo- Lady Heo

Jin- Jin Cho yeon or jin buyeon 

If jin buyeon is also born under king star, she and jang uk may become brighter and stronger together. Even more powerful bring order in chaos with ice stones, and strong to destroy it before it falls into wrong hands. 

I think the star will become more bright if he will get more support. The 6 stars/houses will come to support him with their powers connected. Then even brighter in due time when jang uk is stronger and getting all magic levels including hwansu. The star may become brightest when Jang uk meets his fate and partnership with someone who is powerful as he is or even more. My guess will require divine power of jin priestess, Jin Buyeon. Only if she is also born under king star. She is quite similar to the role of jin seol-ran who helped the founder of songrim to end the drought in Daeho. 

so I think when the star is at its brightest, the team and partnership is complete. I think that is one of the reason jang gang went to look for naksu/cho Yong. If one is missing, the mission may not work. Buyeon at that time when jang gang left immediately, she may be still under care by her mother. So he didn’t go look for her. I believe among the 6 stars, Cho yong/naksu went missing first. However, naksu may even have more important destiny we haven’t seen yet. Possibility we will know more at the ending to season 2. 

Guys, if you still insist that buyeon and naksu are switched or same soul, pls don’t get offended with my opinion. I still prefer and hope and predicted they are two souls! I may be wrong, but please don’t be offended! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

But the weakness for an old love cannot beat the fireworks of an ardent new love...Naksu likes her student, they are an item already, they cannot spend an hour separated before they start looking for each other :wub:

It's nice that they are still so fond of each other, but Naksu has moved on already, and Yul should do the same. I'd like that they bring a new love interest for him, a wild warrior girl would suit him well. Since he's the shy type, a girl that's forward and sassy would be ideal. Let's see what happens, I'd really love to see how everyone finds love, including Yul and the Crown Prince :lol:

I may not agree with the old love/new love phrase because it really varies with people, plus in this case Naksu is really not her complete self so Yul still stands a chance to win her back.    This current Naksu is under the control of Bu_yeon, so it is still uncertain at this point if the Naksu alone herself really has such feelings for Jang Uk or she prefers Yul as we have heard her said many times that she loved Yul but in a quite expressionless way, remember?  Then Yul said..."show me."   So may the force be with Yul to win back Naksu!!  :hooray2:

Even if there is a new love interest for Yul by the script-writers eventually, it is NEVER Sol-i....she is too much of a fraudster and opportunist, which I think can hardly attract Yul..  It would remain as a one-sided interest from Sol-i as far as I can see.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-dramafan22 said:

I may not agree with the old love/new love phrase because it really varies with people, plus in this case Naksu is really not her complete self so Yul still stands a chance to win her back.    This current Naksu is under the control of Bu_yeon, so it is still uncertain at this point if the Naksu alone herself really has such feelings for Jang Uk or she prefers Yul as we have heard her said many times that she loved Yul but in a quite expressionless way, remember?  Then Yul said..."show me."   So may the force be with Yul to win back Naksu!!  :hooray2:

Even if there is a new love interest for Yul by the script-writers eventually, it is NEVER Sol-i....she is too much of a fraudster and opportunist, which I think can hardly attract Yul..  It would remain as a one-sided interest from Sol-i as far as I can see.  

it may be a possibility of love triangle of yul, uk, and naksu in season 2. I think in season 1, Jang uk will be more confused. And because we know the change of the main lead, it can tell us that naksu will return to her old body. Two people who knows naksu is in mudeok at the time when Naksu’s body was held in cremation. Jang uk and yul were the ones who have access to her body.

my wildest guess is Yul got the body safe. In terms of knowledge and access to magic, Yul may know what to do with the body. He also has ability to heal the body. I am not sure which powers he uses. It is somewhat very important. He probably got the body double and make it look like naksu. I have to say there is a lot of mysteries of Yul’s magic. Dedicated and determined, he must have done a lot of research. he probably store the body in Seo Fortress. 

You see a lot of comparison of one was born with destiny and another was born without one but has a will and determination. Yul May become a hero at the end. It reminds of me of the parallelism of Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom heroic status. One born with special destiny and other does not but eventually did the most important job.

for So-yi, with her relationship with Jin buyeon, made me realise what she rely on so-yi for. Why buyeon give the band of Jin crest to soyi? Maybe it is to find mudeok when she visit the town. Soyi is a risky important role for mudeok identity and the past she led to be the witness about her life and her deeds. soyi is quite tragic character but I think yul would not end up with her but he will help her definitely. I think she will not run after him after he decided to turn her down or showed her that he is in love with someone else. It will be unrequited love. I don’t think her villainess should fall under jin mu and Shaman choi category. She is actually person who need to steal to survive but caught in wrong place and time to survive. She may have a sad story, but I think Jim buyeon will be able to set her free and explain the truth about her life and past. The blood worm jin mu used to blackmail her, I think buyeon will take it out to save her. That time, she will begin to be the one to talk about Mudeok’s past, and eventually connect her to jin buyeon. I think soyi’s cover is already blown when the soul shifter came to cross her path, and yul went to help. I think yul was planning to follow her to see who she really is. Then ended up in a fight with soul shifter. I think she will be in yul’s hands at that time. And I think he will bring her to park jin afterwards for more questioning. I think it may end up like that because we have few episodes. Time is running out. The chaos is intensifying now. 

• Like 2

Alchemy-of-Souls.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Soothes Viewers’ Hiatus Blues With Adorable Behind-The-Scenes Photos

Feeling down because “Alchemy of Souls” isn’t airing this week? Don’t worry—the drama’s production team has you covered!

The fantasy romance drama is currently on a one-week hiatus: on August 13 and 14, the show will be airing two special broadcasts instead of Episodes 17 and 18.

In order to make up for the break, “Alchemy of Souls” has released a new batch of fun behind-the-scenes photos of its stars on the filming set. The cast’s real-life chemistry shines through in the pictures, which capture the actors cutely posing for photos together, joking around, and even warming their hands by a fire. One photo also adorably captures Lee Jae Wook’s laser focus as he takes a candid shot of Jung So Min between takes.

“The atmosphere on the filming set is truly the best,” said the producers of “Alchemy of Souls.” “All of the actors have bonded to become one, and they’ve created a filming set that is overflowing with energy. Please look forward to the final episodes.”

Check out all the new behind-the-scenes photos below!

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-1-1536x1024.jpg

Minhyun-Lee-Jae-Wook-1536x1024.jpg

Spoiler

Minhyun-Lee-Jae-Wook-1536x1024.jpg

Jung-So-Min-Yoo-In-Soo-1536x1024.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-2-1536x1024.jpg

Minhyun-Yoo-In-Soo-Jung-So-Min-1536x1024

Yoo-In-Soo-Arin-Minhyun-Jung-So-Min-1536

Alchemy-of-Souls-3-1536x1024.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-4-1536x1024.jpg

Shin-Seung-Ho-1-1536x1024.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-5-1536x1024.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-6-1536x1024.jpg

Alchemy-of-Souls-7-1536x1024.jpg

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook-2-1536x1024.jpg

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on August 20.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Soothes Viewers’ Hiatus Blues With Adorable Behind-The-Scenes Photos | Soompi

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

the bridge scenes are more hilarious than romantic.

Although teasing is also a kind of romance.  :D

Uk - '' Dont rush into things''.... sigh....men....   :rolleyes:

Naksu - '' I will glare at you like a dog''...   I laughed because at the moment Uk remembered 

that he should tell her that Sapsali was Gwigu.    :D

• Like 4

On 8/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, K-dramafan22 said:

Is Jin mama in Team Good?    Maybe she would sacrifice herself if she needs to protect her beloved Bu-yeon from the fake Bu-yeon or Jin Mu?

Good question - While she is in a sense conspiring with Jin Mu, it seems her sole end goal is the return of her daughter ( so in the end, Team Good) - I could see a tragic end for her as you describe, Mu Deok/Buyeon is in danger and finally realizing who she really is, sacrifices herself at a key moment to save her - She dies apologizing to Mu Deok/Buyeon

On 8/10/2022 at 11:41 PM, frozentundra said:

Dying. These are hilarious! :lol:

21 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

@sadthe1st @frozentundra i ROFL at gowon's raised eyebrow response. So on point!!! 

Jang Uk's ... I didn't know you had a sister... :lol:

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Yul is having the most difficult time. 

Im glad Uk now knows about Yul's secret and how hard it is for him.

I dont like the promise between Yul and Mudeok. Of course he did it to protect her.

Yul should tell her that he knows the truth. Its only fair for both of them.

I wonder if Yul and Naksu will go to the town together. that would be interesting.  :D

I want Naksu to know how Yul always quietly protected her.  

I will say there is one thing I hope Yul gets from Naksu, and thats a sincere apology for slashing his offering of flowers/ and the veiled accusation around the death of her father - In fact a few others deserve a similar apology, after which she should also be forgiven ... yes its hard, but almost all acknowledge that she was taken advantage of as a child, even Park Jin ... which does bring up an interesting question - Why does she still want to fight Park Jin again?  She now knows the man killed infront of her was not her father in spirit ... maybe is just a warrior thing, she wants another (non-lethal hopefully) fight to prove herself the better mage?

10 hours ago, Tina288 said:

king star: Jang uk (and possibly Jin buyeon or Naksu if either of them was born under king star). 

6 stars: 

Cheongbawan- Naksu/cho yong (her father worked there. So she has strong connection to it). 

Seo- Yul 

Royal/Daeho- crown prince

Songrim- Dang gu 

Heo- Lady Heo

Jin- Jin Cho yeon or jin buyeon 

Where's #7 ???

I thought Master Lee said the Kings Star was surrounded/supported by 7 other star ...

10 hours ago, Tina288 said:

Guys, if you still insist that buyeon and naksu are switched or same soul, pls don’t get offended with my opinion. I still prefer and hope and predicted they are two souls! I may be wrong, but please don’t be offended! 

I think its safe to say there has to be 2 souls at least  (Mu Deok/Bu Yeon + Naksu) ... Mu Deok/Naksu was awake in the outside world when Mu Deok/Buyeon saved Jang Uk inside the Alchemy of Souls ... there was also a recent quick cut scene where Mu Deok /Naksu has a vision inside the Alchemy of Souls where shes facing the Mu Deok/Bu Yeon version of herself

18 hours ago, AlterEgoNo9 said:

Yup, that's what I think of So-I.

I just wanna get done/through with her character's downfall a.s.a.p.

6 hours ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Thats okay guys, when So I saves Yul, and/or provides the key to help bring down Jin Mu, there will plenty of room on the Yul:heart:So I ship for all you former naysayers ...:lol:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

16 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Let's see what happens, I'd really love to see how everyone finds love, including Yul and the Crown Prince

But I don't think he will! Yul seems the kind who pines and is nostalgic of what was. 

I am excited to see where will they take us and which cliff will they leave us at for Season 1. Season 2 we will see Yul's uncle so we might even see Yul's love interest!
At this point anything is possible.

Btw how is everyone trying to keep their patience and not pine while they wait for next Saturday? I have just jumped into tweets about AoS & theories in circulation.

@LeftCoastOppa -- So, I think there is still some mystery around MD/Naksu's identity and her dad's death. Also, she was "killed" by Park and I think her being fascinated by the weapon is a foreshadowing. There might be another show down between them (I have no idea how or when) and chances are she will spare him because of JU. Just some conjectures.

Yul does deserve a conversation and something from her. Apology? Isn't that too tame? But for the time when she slashed the flowers-- I don't know. At that point she didn't know the truth of her father's death. Towards other families: well she hasn't really done any harm to them but just carried the intent of harm until episode 1. So, if Mama Jin doesn't know that Naksu wanted to harm her because she was a part of the party that killed her dad and Naksu hasn't really done anything to hurt Mama Jin, then why would she go and apologise. You know what I mean?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

I think that Heo girl is for the crown prince

For Yul, probably in part 2 some hint for  a girl or maybe So-i, maybe she will change later, but i don't think that he will date soon his uncle will surely make things hard for him lol

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

@LeftCoastOppa -- So, I think there is still some mystery around MD/Naksu's identity and her dad's death.

How so? They've given us the backstory insofar as her father was already a soulshifter when he was killed - I don't think anyone of the families have denied taking part or being there that night - what else do you see being discovered?

47 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

Also, she was "killed" by Park and I think her being fascinated by the weapon is a foreshadowing. There might be another show down between them (I have no idea how or when) and chances are she will spare him because of JU. Just some conjectures.

If they go down that route I could only see it happening in a complete misunderstanding/fog of war type moment - Park Jin has been part of uncovering what happened with Naksu, so he knows her backstory and that Jin Mu fed her misplaced hatred for the 4 families to train here into an assassin he then used to kill wild running soulshifters so as to cover his tracks.  Even if Mu Deok were to suddenly reveal herself as Naksu, as long as she didn't try to attack him first, With what he already knows, it would go well against his character to simply try to kill her. 

Either way, I think when Mu Deok is seen drawing and wielding Naksu's sword in the next episode, pretty much everyone will know who she is. 

1 hour ago, Dramafreak said:

Yul does deserve a conversation and something from her. Apology? Isn't that too tame? But for the time when she slashed the flowers-- I don't know. At that point she didn't know the truth of her father's death.

Is a Yul apology tame? Not really, consider that as Mu Deok, Naksu has discovered the value of friendships, and in some small fashion, the value of family.  In younger Yul, she slapped away a genuine first attempt at friendship, and even after that, now knowing full well who she is, the mage kept her secret when previously all he received was a death threat.

Towards other families: well she hasn't really done any harm to them but just carried the intent of harm until episode 1.

Yes, but by the time of episode 1 she was already a notorious assassin, as she had already killed many Daeho mages - Even though many of the leaders now know she is a tragic character, and that by killing soulshifting mages for Jin Mu she was actually helping Daeho - That said, I doubt a majority of the population realize that the men she killed were soulshifters, just as she initially did not realize the same about her own father, so some may still harbor grudges ... but then again, thanks to Jang Uk ... the "Blue Naksu" ... many could see her as a hero. 

So, if Mama Jin doesn't know that Naksu wanted to harm her because she was a part of the party that killed her dad and Naksu hasn't really done anything to hurt Mama Jin, then why would she go and apologise. You know what I mean?

I think Jin Mother will apologize to Bu Yeon, if/when she finally comes to grips with her mistakes - the bigger question is, will Bu Yeon finally be the dominant spirit in control of the body or will Naksu still be running the show?  Perhaps its Jin Mothers tears that finally bring Bu Yeon out into the open - she is after all one of the last real big mysteries yet to be revealed/explained. 

• Like 2

I don't know what the writers have planned for Naksu (I know what is logical based on the story, but writers don't always follow logic). But I do think it would be nice if Mudeok/Naksu apologized to Yul, and also thanked him for keeping her secret and protecting her now that she is Mudeok. I zero percent ship them (sorry). But I think he's been a loyal friend, and deserves thanks. 

I think that Yul's kind action towards Soyi will bear fruit later on. But come on, there's no way Yul will ever fall in love with her. They are just too different. 

Honestly, I think that Yul will suffer the fate of many a second lead: he ends up dealing with his unrequited feelings and moves on (and we probably won't see him end up with someone new in the context of this storyline). But we can still imagine him finding a new love in the future. After all, Park Jin and Maidservant Kim were once both deeply in love with other people! It may take a couple decades, but surely someday...someone will attract Yul's attention again.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I will say there is one thing I hope Yul gets from Naksu, and thats a sincere apology for slashing his offering of flowers/ and the veiled accusation around the death of her father - 

Im more surprised that Yul wasnt suspicious because  she made it clear they couldnt be friends 

because of his family.  

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Why does she still want to fight Park Jin again? 

He was the leader of that attack in that an amazing scene and then he killed her.

Naksu immediately remembered it when she saw his sword in front of her for the second time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

He was the leader of that attack in that an amazing scene and then he killed her.

Naksu immediately remembered it when she saw his sword in front of her for the second time.

The fight at the start is understandable but now all the leaders know that Naksu was/is the missing daughter Cho Young, and that her thirst for revenge was tapped by Jin Mu who trained her to become an assassin.  Park Jin accuses Jin Mu of this directly in one of the middle episodes.  In a different scene, Master Heo even states its understandable that a young girl seeing her father die might seek revenge. 

On Mu Deok/Naksu's side, she knows that at least 3 people definitely know who she is, and she knows how a few more feel about Naksu/Cho Young, ie Maidservant Kim.  Naksu by now is well aware of the interpersonal relationships between those around her, she has to know that fighting/killing Park Jin would alienate her from almost all the people she now holds dear.

Which is why the scene of her wishing to fight him again is odd (unless its a non-lethal duel)

• Like 4