[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, AlterEgoNo9 said:

I love this explanation...the symbiosis of Naksu-BuYeon 

I don't like it. Two souls should have two bodies eventually. It may be good for the show so far, to have a 'collaboration' of Naksu and BY renamed MD.
It wasn't as if Naksu asked for permission before entering MD's body. I was looking forward to the explanation for a dead foetus being born and grew up to a young woman.  At the end, Naksu should find her own body. Maybe kill off So-I and reuse it. :smirk: 

Are they going to have JU being the offspring of JG's sperm modified by the old King's soul? So JU is their son? Which means the mother was sort of raped if the King had any effects. I don't like it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

It wasn't as if Naksu asked for permission before entering MD's body.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Uh MD/Bu Yeon actually pulled Naksu into her body ... not to be stickler for details or anything :rolleyes:

At the end, Naksu should find her own body. Maybe kill off So-I and reuse it. :smirk: 

Not Funny GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Are they going to have JU being the offspring of JG's sperm modified by the old King's soul? So JU is their son? Which means the mother was sort of raped if the King had any effects. I don't like it.

Agreed - I don't like it either ... (wait a sec, am I in the right thread) :rolleyes:

I posted in the beginning and am still holding on to the off chance Jang Uk is actually Park Jin's son - He had a brief affair with Do-Hwa - and (hopefully) upon close examination of the Kings star celestial plate Jang Uks true parentage will be revealed

2 hours ago, AlterEgoNo9 said:

I love this explanation...the symbiosis of Naksu-BuYeon

Agreed - I also like the idea that love may be the final piece needed to seal the Ice Stone that went unexpressed between the original founders - but not between Jang Uk & Mu Deok/Naksu

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

I watched that part, she was pulled in? I thought she had nowhere to go and MD was the only option. 

Mu Deok was not her target - while she was running from Park Jin's men she runs into Mu Deok but seeing she's blind shoves her aside and tries to enter the woman in the inn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it was Mu Deok lying on the floor and back to live with the help of ice stone and power regained. Then I can’t wait to see the queen and Jin Mu reaction like being sabotage if they can’t get back the ice stone from her.

Was also relief to see Yul in the added scene for the extended preview. Still around in last part.

• Like 3

Naksu - ''Uk..I found it''

Although she was a little embarrassed, she still managed  to tell him   :D

I would have liked if Yul and Naksu kissed while sitting on the branch.  

Image       FZIm3dGUsAAkMMG?format=jpg&name=360x360

I like this little detail that Soi always carries that umbrella with her.

I wonder if she will tell the truth at the end. 

FZyvXY8akAMFonF?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Jang Uk is actually Park Jin's son - He had a brief affair with Do-Hwa

seeing how slow he is responding to maidservant kim..

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

my reference, what say you?

Naksu’s first choice was Mu Deok but realised she is blind, so she picked another woman instead.. but during the soul shifting using the soul ejector, she didn’t realise she was being “chosen” by Bu Yeon (Mu Deok) instead.. she only found out when she woke up at the boat ride.. (this the amusing scene where she confidently said her farewell to the middleman.. jumped to grip the bottom of the bridge.. and horrified at the weak body)

101 Dalmatians Oops GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

the amusing scene where she confidently said her farewell to the middleman.. jumped to grip the bottom of the bridge.. and horrified at the weak body)

I had watched that. That was funny... she had to go 'ajusshi, ajusshi ...

Ok @LeftCoastOppa was right. Such a rare occasion. :foryou: Flowers all around. :lol:

Isn't Park Jin a heroic type? He had an affair with his friend's wife or in today's lingo they dated while both were single? 
This is a story of heros and villains, he can't cheat on his friend. JU cannot be his.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

the CG ia really epic haha and the green background.. is green canvas the best color to use for CG? i remember seeing something similar for filming Squid Game this way too..

It doesn't have to be green (sometimes they use blue), but it's the most common way to add special effects. They shoot in front of a green screen, and then code that green in the editing process to be replaced with whatever background they want to add in. Green performs well, contrasts with skin color (humans come in a range of colors, but NOT green), and most people don't normally wear a lot of neon green on a daily basis, so it's most commonly used. But it could be keyed to anything. 

For a funny example of what happens if you wear green in the kind of school portraits where the background is digitally replaced by interestingly edited backgrounds, see this news story: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/03/28/Indiana-school-picture-day-St-Patricks-green-screen/9381648493484/

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On 8/14/2022 at 10:07 PM, frozentundra said:

This is unfortunately a common scenario in Kdramas, where we start with the female lead as the main character, but she gradually takes a back seat to the journey of the male lead. (See W and While You Were Sleeping for two examples off the top of my head. I still loved those dramas! And I love Alchemy of Souls. But I've seen this kind of switch before.)

OMG this was my gripe too while watching episode 12/13! I was like where is Mudeok's/Naksu's "power" progression, and now we're waiting for episode 17 already and MD is still the doe-eyed maid of Jang Uk, running errands for him and "protecting" him and all. I know from teasers, seems like she'll be picking up the sword soon, but I think kinda late (IMO) and also really too bad the writing didn't capitalize on both of their journeys to become ultimate Masters - that would be really nice!

• Like 4

On 8/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Oh please no - WAY too much ugly weirdness in that - Jang Gang isn't/wasn't really devoted to Do-Hwa, Jang Uk is loving up on his half sisters body ... soulshift talk wont get around the bio/physical that is the same dad.  just ewwwww!

Second you there! There's only so much makjang I can take even if this is a fantasy drama. And after that second kiss if it turns out that Buyeon and Jang Uk are soul siblings!!!! 

:fear:

20 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

OMG a new Kiss in the the extended trailer what no way! :wub:.

Actually, my first reaction was like, what not again?! (in terms of showing the kiss in a preview, not the kissing per se. Any kiss scene is welcome in my books!! ):dontwanna:

My next thought was, wait is that going to be the final kiss of S1 before some kind of angsty end? And finally... we're prolly only gonna see it next weekend. :dead:

15 hours ago, maribella said:

I don't like it. Two souls should have two bodies eventually. It may be good for the show so far, to have a 'collaboration' of Naksu and BY renamed MD.
It wasn't as if Naksu asked for permission before entering MD's body. I was looking forward to the explanation for a dead foetus being born and grew up to a young woman.  At the end, Naksu should find her own body. Maybe kill off So-I and reuse it. :smirk: 

Based on S2, my current thinking goes this way:

End game will be two souls two bodies. JBY/MD character will either be sacrificed to bring peace to Daeho or to save Jang Uk or even if she survives, be relegated to Jinyowon leader who won't have a big presence in Jang Uk's subsequent journey. Naksu doesn't need to soul shift to So-I, she will somehow get back her own body. S2 + article below just kinda reinforce who's the actual OTP of this drama? Doesn't get any more yin yang than this

• Like 5

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

For a funny example of what happens if you wear green in the kind of school portraits where the background is digitally replaced by interestingly edited backgrounds, see this news

HAHAHA the poor little kids got "blended" with backgrounds..

1 hour ago, kwayteow_mama said:

And after that second kiss if it turns out that Buyeon and Jang Uk are soul siblings!!!! 

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

that would be like, @partyon chingu's fave thai lakorn trope...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Lets hope that buyeon and jang Uk are not siblings. This is too much. Jung somin and buyeon deserve better. 

here is my fan fiction for alchemy of souls 3: the return of jin buyeon. 

jin buyeon sacrificed her life to destroy the ice stone. Someone came to give her choice that if she wants to live without ice stone, she has to go through something to return the favour. So I would say that person is from another place. Buyeon gets temporary lifeline to trek her Journey from daeho, Korea to southern part of China, a place where everyone found the beauty and others found mystics only can be seen in magical eyes: Shangri La, somewhere in Tibet or Bhutan. She trained there and worked for them. 

since she is a jin priestess, she can also absorb the skills from naksu. Buyeon when she sees, she is just human. When she has to fight, she can blindfold herself and fight well along with her powers and Naksu’s skills. She would become stronger and stronger. And be able to live without ice stone. Just like how master hemp Lee figured out how to live without needing absorb the energy of others. She can be a time travelling mage coming from the past like the way Dr Strange time travel from the present. And they can become partners in arm in Marvel Universe or is it DC comics? Or she will continue to work for the monks in shangri la and go out to save world, not just daeho. 

For romance, some of you like Yul with her or I think she could meet new one, played by Lee Min Ki. I think she has really nice chemistry with him in another drama. However I do like somin-jae wook chemistry but the Hong sister’s already set on jaewook and yun jung coupling. I just hope buyeon and jang Uk are not siblings. Removing her off is already enough!! Hehe

Lets root for jung somin to have a grand ending!!! Even she died or disappear. It is fine. As long to give her respectful farewell. Her character development as buyeon is quite special. Not just mudeok and mudeok dual with naksu. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Ok @LeftCoastOppa was right. Such a rare occasion. :foryou: Flowers all around. 

:kiss_wink:

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Isn't Park Jin a heroic type? He had an affair with his friend's wife or in today's lingo they dated while both were single? 
This is a story of heros and villains, he can't cheat on his friend. JU cannot be his.

I agree, he'd really have to reach for it, and as @sadthe1st pointed out, he's not exactly knocking it out of the park with maidservant Kim - However, it just fits so well. Consider, maidservant Kim the adoring mother, Park Jin the tough love dad ... AND Jang Uk & MD/BY/Naksu would mirror the two original saviors of Daeho, a mage/heir of Songrim, and a member of house Jin  

3 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Based on S2, my current thinking goes this way:

End game will be two souls two bodies. JBY/MD character will either be sacrificed to bring peace to Daeho or to save Jang Uk or even if she survives, be relegated to Jinyowon leader who won't have a big presence in Jang Uk's subsequent journey.

I don't think we're ever going to see a development of the actual Bu Yeon character - not enough time left.  If the actress isn't involved in Part 2 then its safe to say Mu Deok/Bu Yeon isn't involved, which is why I'm hoping the Jang Uk/Naksu story ends at episode 20 - Let the rumors of Part 2 being spin offs be true

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

that would be like, @partyon chingu's fave thai lakorn trope...

Please don't encourage her ... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Naksu doesn't need to soul shift to So-I, she will somehow get back her own body. S2 +

If it had been burnt to cinders, we are going to get some corny body stealing or swapping. I can't take that.

Just tell me how JG brought the dead foetus to life and what happened after that. I'll be happy. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

So as the end of part 1 approaches (next week) we are seeing the last episodes of Mudeok and Jung So Ming as the female lead of this drama, it's sad, the dynamic and the chemistry she had created with the ML and the SMLs were and are phenomenal:partyblob::fullofhearts:, just love for Jung So Min

i'm pretty sure that the production of the drama will said that was the plan from the start:confused:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Actually, my first reaction was like, what not again?! (in terms of showing the kiss in a preview, not the kissing per se. Any kiss scene is welcome in my books!! )

My next thought was, wait is that going to be the final kiss of S1 before some kind of angsty end? And finally... we're prolly only gonna see it next weekend. 

Oh okay. I am just glad we are getting another kiss scene.

• Like 6