[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

19 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

While anything is possible in Daeho, think not everything is possible with Yul.   Yul is quite a die-hard type of guy. :heart2beat: Once he is fixated on someone like Naksu, I think it would be very hard for him to have eyes for anyone else.   ...so.... Sol-i really does not stand a chance.... :dead:  Sorry.....

So you guys would rather have Yul end the drama single eh?  Because its rather obvious now, that he won't be getting Naksu, and I don't think he's even shared a scene yet with Master Heo's grand daughter.  

Well I'm sure there's  a place somewhere in Daeho for a sword wielding magical monk  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

15 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So you guys would rather have Yul end the drama single eh?  Because its rather obvious now, that he won't be getting Naksu, and I don't think he's even shared a scene yet with Master Heo's grand daughter.  

Hey, who says he didn't already have someone bethroted for him back in seoho fortress maybe? Someone mentioned there was a new cast playing seoyul's uncle for season 2. Added to that the fact that seo yul has mentioned his desire to come back to his hometown, maybe season 2 will focus more on seo family politics?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

There's room for Yul to find a new true love in 10 episodes, right? He doesn't seem to have any sparks with Master Heo's granddaughter, we can save her for the crown prince. But maybe someone at Seoho fortress has been pining for him?? Otherwise, I just don't see it working out with anyone else thus far who we have seen. New love interest, please! (Gah! I can't believe I am asking for that! :D )

(Please don't throw tomatoes, but as convenient as it would be to split Mudeok into Naksu and Buyeon (and heck, they could do it, less believable things have happened in dramas)--it just wouldn't hold logic for me. Naksu is in love with Uk, not Yul. Meanwhile, Uk only knows Naksu. He and Buyeon have never even had a conversation. The Mudeok he knows is all Naksu. Real relationships are built on much more than appearances; if he got the body of Mudeok and the mind of a complete stranger in the end...it would be really sad. He would have lost the actual person he was in love with and knew.)

But of course, however things turn out, I hope Yul can be happy in the end. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So you guys would rather have Yul end the drama single eh? 

1 hour ago, SleepyKitty said:

who says he didn't already have someone bethroted for him back in seoho fortress maybe?

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

There's room for Yul to find a new true love in 10 episodes, right?

yes, maybe daughter of a well respected warrior at seoho fortress? or even, she herself is a super courageous warrior woman!!

Xena Warrior Princess Punch GIF

or the bestest battleship captain with an army that can shoot a thousand flaming arrows at a particular ship.. *ahem*

Baltimore Ravens Football GIF by Lip Sync Battle

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

Well I'm sure there's  a place somewhere in Daeho for a sword wielding magical monk  :lol:

Omo! I almost gave you an unamused reaction here, dongsaeng. :unamused:

Team Yul x Original Naksu! :fullofhearts:

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

it just wouldn't hold logic for me. Naksu is in love with Uk, not Yul.

Mr. Queen, chingu.

Jessica Youre Wrong GIF

5 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

ung so min and lee jae wook really don't even have an inch of romantic chemistry in their irl interactions.

Unfortunately, for me this is apparent even on screen. That's why I just am not able to get onboard the Uk x Mu Deok/Naksu ship.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

In Daeho anything is possible  

OMO! I almost gave you ANOTHER unamused reaction, dongsaeng. :scream:

Forget So I :rage: Call in the Truck of Doom @agenth :evilelmo:

Car-of-doom-waikiki.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, SleepyKitty said:

maybe season 2 will focus more on seo family politics?

Why wait for season 2 when So I is here right now? :lol:

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

There's room for Yul to find a new true love in 10 episodes, right?

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

But maybe someone at Seoho fortress has been pining for him??

If there's room for Yul in 10 episodes of part 2 then why not tack on 4 more from part 1, when there's someone pining for him right now? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, partyon said:

OMO! I almost gave you ANOTHER unamused reaction, dongsaeng.

Omo! I almost gave you an unamused reaction here, dongsaeng.

Control Your Emotions! Discipline Your Mind! GIF - Discipline Discipline  Your Mind Control Your Emotions - Discover & Share GIFs

You're a model of restraint Noona :kiss_wink:

Forget So I :rage: Call in the Truck of Doom @agenth

Noona you obviously didn't get the memo,  that whole Truck of Doom in the forest thing, got ret-conned by chingu @agenth along time ago - we're LITC season 2 buddies now :lol:

Team Yul x Original Naksu!

:scream: Noona, I'm so sorry, I thought you already knew about the Yul x Original Naksu ship ...

screaming season 10 GIF

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

(Please don't throw tomatoes, but as convenient as it would be to split Mudeok into Naksu and Buyeon (and heck, they could do it, less believable things have happened in dramas)--it just wouldn't hold logic for me. Naksu is in love with Uk, not Yul. Meanwhile, Uk only knows Naksu. He and Buyeon have never even had a conversation. The Mudeok he knows is all Naksu. Real relationships are built on much more than appearances; if he got the body of Mudeok and the mind of a complete stranger in the end...it would be really sad. He would have lost the actual person he was in love with and knew.)

For this you get not 1 but 2 awesomes  :glasses::glasses: ... well said

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, partyon said:

Team Yul x Original Naksu! :fullofhearts:

Unfortunately, for me this is apparent even on screen. That's why I just am not able to get onboard the Uk x Mu Deok/Naksu ship.

Firstly, I am on board with you on the Yul x Original Naksu ship.:fullofhearts:...don't think it's a total sunk ship yet.  :please:        That amazing Naksu looked so suitable for Yul!!  :sparklyeyes:

Secondly, the chemistry onscreen between Jang Uka nd Mudeok/Naksu ship is weird BECAUSE there is a conflict inside Mudeok/Naksu now as their personalities are very different.   Though we, the audience hear mostly Naksu talking, I still believe Bu-yeon is somewhat in control of Naksu in her behaviour.   So I do not see it as no chemistry between Jang Uk and Mudeok/Naksu but this is a very awkward character with 2-in-1 personalities.   Remember the first actress was kicked out of the Mudeok/Naksu role because the PD was frustrated with her acting?    So JSM probably nailed it because she gave me the feel that she had 2 souls inside her after a while when the story was still unfolding, her acting made it detectable, i.e. her awkwardness.  :cutekitty:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Noona, I'm so sorry, I thought you already knew about the Yul x Original Naksu ship ...

It has not sunk yet! Just you wait…

sponge bob love GIF

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Noona you obviously didn't get the memo,  that whole Truck of Doom in the forest thing, got ret-conned by chingu @agenth along time ago - we're LITC season 2 buddies now :lol:

Forget about being best buddies with @agenth just because you said good things about her oppa.
I am calling her in to take care of So I with the Truck of Doom!

On Fire GIF

1 hour ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Firstly, I am on board with you on the Yul x Original Naksu ship....don't think it's a total sunk ship yet.         That amazing Naksu looked so suitable for Yul!! 

Awww…. :heartxoxo:Glad to see that there are some Original Naksu x Yul shippers here. And I agree, the ship has not sunk yet.

:wow1:

@agenth chingu, please work your magic! :kiss_wink:

giphy.gif

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Big Mouth” Sweep Top Spots In Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” also defended its position at No. 3 on the drama list, with stars Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min swapping spots to take No. 5 and No. 6 respectively in the actor rankings.

Finally, tvN’s new drama “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist” debuted at No. 5 on this week’s drama list.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of August are as follows:

1. ENA “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”
  2. MBC “Big Mouth”
  3. tvN “Alchemy of Souls”
  4. SBS “Today’s Webtoon”
  5. tvN “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist”
  6. KBS2 “Gold Mask”
  7. KBS2 “It’s Beautiful Now”
  8. JTBC “The Good Detective 2”
  9. KBS2 “Jinxed at First
  10. tvN “Adamas”

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas-1.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Kang Tae Oh (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  2. Park Eun Bin (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  3. Lee Jong Suk (“Big Mouth”)
  4. Kang Ki Young (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  5. Lee Jae Wook (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  6. Jung So Min (“Alchemy of Souls”)
  7. YoonA (“Big Mouth”)
  8. Joo Jong Hyuk (“Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)
  9. Yeon Min Ji (“Gold Mask”)
  10. Kim Sejeong (“Today’s Webtoon”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members-1.jpg

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” And “Big Mouth” Sweep Top Spots In Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings | Soompi

• Like 4

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Forget about being best buddies with @agenth just because you said good things about her oppa.
I am calling her in to take care of So I with the Truck of Doom!

Hmmmmm....

Reaction jeremy renner thinking GIF on GIFER - by Brazel

You are  ... calling her in ...

So by this, one could infer it was indeed YOU who called her in during the survival games, You called in the hit on me ...

I may need a new Noona :angry:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3

im not used to kdrama..

this is the 2nd series that piqued my interest the 1st being "Faith" wid LeeMinHo as ml..

imo..LJW is more than qualified to portray the  character JU not another candy-eyed-looking kid.. his talent overflows and rubs off to whomever hes faced with..

and JSM personify the part for the 3-characters so well..^_^

i believe the play was made specifically for them..nobody else... (◔‿◔)

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, frozentundra said:

No tomatoes thrown! That's a valid argument and I think you will find a lot of support in many places :blush:

The only reason I think they will split the body is because of GYJ return in S2 to be honest.

With JSM appearance in S2 not confirmed, I'm only guessing she's going to play a very minor role, even if she appear at all. I mean why keep it a secret at all if she's coming back..

This is how I see the romance between Yul-Uk-Naksu-Cho Yeong-MD-JBY (disregarding the theory that Naksu-Cho Yeong-MD-JBY are one person):

Makes most sense by story consistency: Uk-Naksu/Cho Yeong

Makes most sense by on screen chemistry: Yul-Naksu/Cho Yeong 

Simply by my personal preference: Uk-MD/ JBY (just to correlate back to the destiny of Master Seogyeong and Jin Seol Ran)

But like you say, anything is possible in a drama..

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Has anyone done a polling of all the possible pairings in this drama including all the subplots pairings?

It would fun to see what the audience prefer for the various combination of pairings... :happy2::happyshakes:    Even Maidservant Kim, I can think of 3 possible pairings for her, Park Jin, Master Lee and Jang Gang, the ahjusshi oppa? 

:heythere: how ?   chingu @partyon

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Has anyone done a polling of all the possible pairings in this drama including all the subplots pairings?

It would fun to see what the audience prefer for the various combination of pairings...     Even Maidservant Kim, I can think of 3 possible pairings for her, Park Jin, Master Lee and Jang Gang, the ahjusshi oppa? 

how ?   chingu @partyon

We did one poll like this in the early stages of the drama. You can find the results here

Happy set up a new poll this weekend with this question included if there is interest. :kiss_wink:

Any other questions people would like us to ask?

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Any other questions people would like us to ask?

We're getting too close to the end of part 1 so it has to happen soon - we need a revised death poll - 2 parts

- Team Good who dies

- Team Bad who dies

Scary part is I can't think of anyone on Team Good that can be sacrificed without at least mild suffering ... :unsure:

Really think about it ...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

We're getting too close to the end of part 1 so it has to happen soon - we need a revised death poll - 2 parts

- Team Good who dies

- Team Bad who dies

Scary part is I can't think of anyone on Team Good that can be sacrificed without at least mild suffering ... :unsure:

Really think about it ...

Is Jin mama in Team Good?    Maybe she would sacrifice herself if she needs to protect her beloved Bu-yeon from the fake Bu-yeon or Jin Mu?  :idk:     Then Bu Yeon will have to inherit her position for Jin family as the head?

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Dear chingus, check out this twitter to relieve our AoS boredom :lol::lol::lol:

Credit to this very creative individual

i like how dang gu and cho yeon's twitter id are using each other name with '

so sweet

• Like 4
  • Blob 1