[Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

ferily

3 hours ago, rukizie said:

Why i sense there's gonna be BL between ML and SML ? :(

I don't think so, their relationship with the webtoon has already been explained, there are currently three seasons of the webtoon, it's ambiguity in the webtoon between these two boys, but yeo joon flirts with girls like in the drama,  and in the drama the relationship chart speaks of intense friendship and obsession.

I see rather a romance between FL (So Bin) and the ML (Yeo Joon), especially since there was the last trailer before the first episode which showed them almost kissing, after I don't know, it could be flirting

More quotables...... Ep 1. 

Their POV of life and their current state of the  three main characters. Awww.

cto@

"It's the easiet thing to do, right? Making friends, I mean" - Yeo Jun

"Leisure? Those are a luxury for people like me. Because those who barely scrape.... by don't have any free time" - Soo Hyun

"The Hours you study determines your grade. So what now? All I knew how to do was put in the hours, but that won't cut it anymore" - Kim So Bin

• Like 1

Don't know why but I'm gettin' Bette Midler's "From A Distance" from the drama title? I also see "Cheese in The Trap" in the plot as well. 

Yeo Joon, poor thing. He may be rich but has such horrific parents. I do believe his brother is still decent, eventhough he looks stone faced LoL. 

So Bin is your typical cheery, hardworking but very meek female character. Then there's Soo Hyun who appears aloof but is actually quite attentive & warm. 

Idk right now it looks like a bromance for Yeo Joon/Soo Hyun with So Bin as the third wheel LoL. 

• Like 1

more quotables....ep 1

After watching Ep 1 and 2.YJ SH SB  MJ mentally and socially have inner struggles. The fact that they're in the prime of their youth and should be enjoying college life.. and yet. there's demons  inside their head and struggles to move and persevere in life.  Because after you graduate, you'd want to succeed.  The dialogues/pov  voice over good. actually written well. Not sure who's the writer for this.

Ep 1.. tells us no one has ever seen NSH smile. YJ appears to to suffer from trauma/ child abuse. YJ wanta to be freinds SH.  I guess because.. he doesn't have that close relationship with his older brother. YJ wants to  lean on to someone. Maybe sunbae make him feel protected? He hides in the facade of  smiles and  pretentiousness (like what SH observe. But YJ is struggling... in the same way that SH and SB  both struggling too.

To put in context and analogy. YJ and SH both have siblngs but their situation and relation is different.   YJ has an older brother, who's cold towards him.  SH has younger brother who takes care and is reponsible for.

SB is  junior striving hard to be good. She's so diligent. But she keeps geting put down by professior despite  giving it all. The professor demotivating her...saying she's got mediocre GPA

Ep 2.... shows us you can't judge someone  based on their looks or attitude. You may be rich and have money or beatiful or  smart but inside there's the  gnawing going. Like innter turmoil. They put up this fake demeanor to cover up how thry truly feel wih their own situation.

Every youth's struggling and striving

The struggle of SH.. making ends meet, living with younger brother

The loneliness of YJ not getting  warmth, love or emotional support

The perserverance of SB strving for that goal

The sadess of MJ/Anne, being rejected

*all twt post ctto*

• Like 1

Growing pains and coming of age  for the youth. I like the first two episodes. Nothing corny or cringy or annoying female lead. For me anyway. low key angsty.. but will probably be high.

quotables ep 2

The sky is blue, the feeling is too. Spring is not green for them.   Each of the characters hides something choose to represent them in a different manner.

*all tw post cto@

• Like 1

I know this is a webtoon. I don't know who the author is. I don't know the writer but it's good. the inner voice. conversation and dialogues. Doesn't have to be complex but can  be relatable. The actors are good too.

Quotables ep 2...

This is when they were doing the group project and the cold and aloof SH as group leader doesn't wnt to wait for other members and doesn't trust them to do their part.  SB is confused as to SH reaction.

Their exchange is simple but it delves in the emotions of both SH AND YJ and how they deal with their struggles in their way.. Tells us how YJ may have all the necessities in life but he still one of those in the gutter. SH in the gutter, for long struggling to make it through and doesn't trust anyone.

SH:  "It's hard to forgive someone who betrays your trust. It's easier to think they were never on the team."

YJ:  "You're always so negative"

SH:  "I'd say I'm a realist"

YJ:  "If that's what's what it's like to be a realist, I don't want to be one. But it must be hard to be postive if you're down in the gutter.  I get it."

SH: "You get it?"

YJ: " I sure do. Being being broke isn't the only reason you end up in the gutter.  I hope you're not one of those pathetic loser who attack innocent  ones because they think no one else is miserable than they are when they don't even know other's situation"

The inner voice of Yeo Jun, when he was pondering about life whilst  showing a hard at work Soo Hyun. Making ends meet. Having to be responsible to younger brother.

" The world doesn't want to see what the youth looks like. It's why we can only imitate what grown ups do by following rules to a certain pont and not waisting our time."  - YJ, ep 2.

The twt below  hence the inner voice of Yeo Jun above.....

"Mother. I just turned 20. Please believe. Please have faith in me" - Yeo Jun, ep 2

*all twt post cto@

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 3:02 PM, rukizie said:

Why i sense there's gonna be BL between ML and SML ? :(

I read  that In the webtoon it focused more on Soo Hyun Yeo Jun, and Jun Wan. And Soo Bin was like side character. But this is  kbs drama and perhaps have to twist it. It's bromance/friendship but nothing like the ones in cdrama. And I like that Kang Min Ah has main female lead.

The irony I suppose.  Jun Wan (Na In Woo) is  the older version of Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk). Cold. Emotionless. But there's a glint of concern for  Yeo Jun.

JW as hyung of YJ is  cold and aloof but  it's evident he does care in his own cold way. Even defending him on the choice of univeristy.

SH being the hyung to dongsaeng also cold and aloof but shows warmth and tender to the younger brother.

Yeo Jun raised in toxic family environment.  I cannot imagine parents IRL who demean and belittle and regret their children. And one wonders why children grow up with a lot of hate and depression inside and do somethin crazy.

Bae In Hyuk tho' as Nam Soo Hyun. I like this character.

His struggle in life. In the flashback. His father died when he was young leaving him with a younger brother. I think the mom left hence his attitutude towards trust.  Refer to the convo  above.

Awww. The scene where he reminisce and had that flashback

*allt twts and pics cto@

• Like 1

When all is too much.....

It's the beginning of friendship.  But just that. Because.....

Spoiler

because this a kdrama. and youth one... it's not possible. Because..it is how it is

And at the end of Ep 2.  Yeo Jun gained a friend in Soo Bin  and perhaps looking and wanting from Soo Hyun.  Becase Joo Wan the big brother is not demonstrative but I feel.. he cares  for Yeo Jun.   He's alone in his trauma. It's Soo Bin who's going to be there for him all times. Yeo Jun needs that friend whom he can run to who will listen to him.

The writer though. The umbrella scene.... where YJ referenced "Bungee Jumping of Their Own". If you've seen that movie you'll know what's it about.  Subtle in ways.

"You see there's an umbrella scene just like this. In addition , we both actually went bungee jumping." - YJ Ep 2

all sc/ twt post cto @

• Like 3

I see weak ratings. Wonder why. The writing is good the cinematography is okay. The actors can act and they're young good looking rising stars of kdrama. Is it the BL tones?

I've never been influence by anything I read about a drama. I check just to gauge how readers feel. It's not the ratings I'm after, it's the drama itself and the actors. I've never seen Park Ji Hoon and Bae In Hyuk, and Na In Woo in a drama.  As long as acting is decent and good and the drama  does not border on cringe, bad editing, writing and directing, I'm going to check.

First time watchin them. I'm mostly familiar withanother rising actor Kim Do Wan but he's not in this drama :D

• Like 2

What does BL mean? 

In any case I picked up Episode 1 and 2 - the dialogue, the inner voices and the characters' thoughts made me stay (for now). 

We are introduced to three main characters: 

The ever so popular blond guy, Jun. He is so goodlooking (to some, but not me haha, as with some clothes he looks like a little kid to me, especially with his backpack. That hair coupled with that face doesn't suit. Too much idol-wannabe. I wonder if he would look better brown-haired?). Always with a smile on his face: a smile that both draws in people but also makes them stay in their lines, but he has a need for people to like him, so much that he obsesses over the one senior who doesn't adore him. We see that he has a painful past, especially in relation to violence that triggers him. 

In Episode 2 more about his family is revealed, they are a bunch of coldhearted people and obsessed about one-upping each other. Apparently because Jun didn't go to the uni everyone else did, he shamed the family so much that the father doesn'T even like to look at him, and the brother is very robot-like and cold towards him, too. Is this why Jun hides everything past a smile, and is so yearning to be not only liked, but loved, but literally everybody? He is very drawn towards those he considers challenges.

Challenge 1: The girl who seems to have a crush on her best friend. The girl who starts off as typical meek and timid girl but will soon will the hearts of a hard chaebol's life and the poor hardworking guy. Her characterisation isn't what keeps me in this drama. She has a few moments, but over all I'm thinking: AGAIN, a girl who rather than speak up about her contribution to a group project immediately, does it MONTHS LATER. Again someone who falls for the guy who is going to obsess over winning her..., 

Challenge 2: The guy who has no time for the usual stuff that robs time, for shameless people. He is immediately dubbed as "Ultimate Psycho" because "he never smiles". All his classmates warn others off this guy, but we never understand WHY, the reason, other than that he doesn't like to suck up to his seniors and play the authority game. At least I don't understand, because in my eyes Jun's "friends" are the ones who are severe bullies and shamelessly use him. Everyone knows it, yet they are playing. That's korean society, I suppose. Because Soo Hyun doesn't kowtow to the eldest sunbae, he gets trashed all around campus.

The female character is still weak to me, but I like the impressions of the characters other than her so far, especially their thoughts that keep the camera panning from one life to another.  

• Like 2

I started watch this because of blonde YeoJun ( Park Jihoon) But I can't stop staring at Nam Soohyun!

Also I'm eager to watch this drama unfold and how their friendships work out, including Soobin.

I feel Yeojun needs to grow independent first before falling in love with anyone but maybe love/friendship will heal his wounds and make him stronger and he throws away atleast one of his masks for good.

---------------------------------------------------

making video bunjee jumping!

• Like 1

Never would've guessed that So Bin's crush was Chan Kee. Btw Chan Kee & Yeo Joon have very effeminate looks that make me suspect this is more BL than regular romance? 

But since Korea isn't ready for that, it's just implied & not fully executed tsk. 

I don't like Yeo Joon's approach toward So Bin though. He comes across more of an obsessed stalker. The breaking of her bracelet is too much. 

I would much prefer Soo Hyun with So Bin (their height difference is cute) but the guy never as show an inkling of interest to her LoL! 

The actor is also popular he's on My Roommate Is A Gumiho too. He look so much like KPop idol Doo Joon of Highlight. I notice he speaks with a lisp. 

Really wish they change Yeo Joon's hair color! Like a softer Hazel color as black look too dark ha-ha Idk. 

• Like 2

====================================

I agree Yeojun hair needs to be a bit browner of hair color ( but it's his hair and if it makes him happy with being blonde, I'm okay) But as a people-pleaser shouldn't he change his hair color though. But next episode we getting slicked back hair Yeojun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Never would've guessed that So Bin's crush was Chan Kee. Btw Chan Kee & Yeo Joon have very effeminate looks that make me suspect this is more BL than regular romance? 

But since Korea isn't ready for that, it's just implied & not fully executed tsk. 

I don't like Yeo Joon's approach toward So Bin though. He comes across more of an obsessed stalker. The breaking of her bracelet is too much. 

I would much prefer Soo Hyun with So Bin (their height difference is cute) but the guy never as show an inkling of interest to her LoL! 

The actor is also popular he's on My Roommate Is A Gumiho too. He look so much like KPop idol Doo Joon of Highlight. I notice he speaks with a lisp. 

Really wish they change Yeo Joon's hair color! Like a softer Hazel color as black look too dark ha-ha Idk. 

Right now I am shipping Yeo Jun with Soo Hyun more as their worlds are far apart, yet they challenge each other's thinking and their dialogue is sizzling with chemistry. Jun's dialogue with So Bin is more like her regarding him as a little boy. 

However it seems the drama will make a triangle with So Bin being love object for both Jun and Soo Hyun, which is kind of disappointing if her character doesn't evolve more. I do think they will show Soo Hyun being interested but more with long glances than anything, as his persona is holding himself back because he has so much pressure: to take care of his brother, to earn money, to get a good job and for that he needs excellent grades so he will get scholarship. 

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:
I agree Yeojun hair needs to be a bit browner of hair color ( but it's his hair and if it makes him happy with being blonde, I'm okay) But as a people-pleaser shouldn't he change his hair color though. But next episode we getting slicked back hair Yeojun!

I think Soo Hyun looks better with wind swept hair rather than the hair down to his eyes :D. Careful there as the hair could prick his eyes!

it was somehow unconvincing that SB was in love with her childhood friend.

I like

- that night walk between Seo Hyun and Sobin

- the scenes in that classroom.. Jun is always staring at SH's back..

Im glad YR is going to help SH. 

behind the scene...  

E4Ehf5zVgAAP7fi?format=jpg&name=medium

VC