Jump to content

[Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄


ferily
 Share

Recommended Posts

These sunbaes have little tiny rocks in their brains and no guilty conscience whatsoever!

 

Wow Nam Soohyun is on fire!

 

------------------------------

--------------------------

 

Right now after watching episode 6 my thoughts:

Question: Why did they kiss with blood on his lips in episode 6?

Answer: They must be vampires!

 

Loved the birthday party scene.

Why does the red head girl starting to feel a bit stalkerish.

Youngran I love her.

The direction of Yeojun being hit repeatedly weirded me out. Why did no one even call the police. Were they waiting for him to pass out or something!

 

And I feel nothing much happened story-wise. Why do I feel the story is becoming a bit stagnant? Yeojun needs to come to a resolution with what was shown in episode 1 and 2 within his family!

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on the verge of dropping this series for the reasons @angelbeast90 mentioned.

 

The scene where "popular" Yeo Jun gets beat up - nobody reacts. I refuse to believe that, it's so unrealistic. As the scene went on I thought they had nobody stop the fight for Soohyun to show up and rescue Jun, but nah. This story is getting ridiculous, how are we supposed to believe everyone likes Jun (granted for his "looks" and money), when nobody even calls police, or campus security, or tries to stop, this is the guy who supposedly has its own fanclub and social media fanclub. Just one guy asks subduedly "Should we call an ambulance". Jeeeeeeeez. The way this writer makes it seem nobody likes Jun AT ALL. I'm not saying that everyone would actually react, but there were hundred people around, so one of them would have, in reality. 

 

Sobin being a huge doormat. She's dragged by the seniors, and when she panics as everyone asks her questions and she's the focus, she could have just ran away. But naaaaaah. 

 

The romance. Mindnumbingly boring. Instead of butterflies we get Jun begging Sobin to like him, Sobin just jumping into a kiss, Jun controlling Sobin's friends. Chanki didn't even do awful things, just because he didn't return feelings doesn't mean he's a jerk, but everyone acts as if Chanki committed an atrocious crime. And Sobin doesn't care about this friendship, what a great friend she was - NOT. 

 

Then Jun kisses Sobin with bloody lips lol. They don't even give us cliché female nursing the male trope. These kisses leave me cold, I'm yawning. 

 

Unfortunately this drama is 80% Jun/Sobin. And all the interesting bits, Jun's family circumstances, Soohyun and his life, Youngran and Miju, they're just associated with Jun/Sobin. BLERGH. 

 

I wish they'd have put more effort with Soohyun/Miju/Youngran, but their scenes, when they start to bloom, immediately camera jerks back to Jun's popular troubles or Sobin's timid persona. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chanki says he actually likes Sobin (but he didn't realise it until she was gone), which is understandable, they never got to cross that bridge. Sobin says "it's too late". Chanki never actually rejected her, he just had a girlfriend that day she chose to "confess" to him - she didn't even confess much. But Sobin just decided "The crush stops NOW". Wow. I've never seen someone get over someone that fast. Sobin give me that power. 

drama react GIF by Cartoon Hangover

 

Those bullies are so delusional. They talk a lot about how Jun / Soohyun is bullying them, they are psychos etc. I need someone to give them all a reckoning so they stop talking trash. 

 

Soohyun my heart. He is the adult for everyone, as his father died, and mother is in pain and can't do anything apparently. His misery is hurting me too much, I'm glad that he is not rejecting the help. I was scared that he was going to keel over :( 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahahah I know it's suppose to be a tender moment when Joon asks Soo Hyun to be roomies.. It instead came off kind of..romantic LMFAo?! 

    I was relieved that Soo Hyun's lil bro has the sense to offer to pitch in & help out 'cause before this, he just seemed like a spoiled brat. 

    Poor Soo Hyun... havin' to be the sole breadwinner of the family.. That's never easy~

    Young Ran's such a girl crush, she's awesomely cool. Didn't expect Soo Hyun to have actual feelings for her LoL. They make a better pair over him with Mi Joo though. 

 

Oh dear in next ep. preview Joon runs.. AGAIN LoL. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Er I didn't watch this week's episodes. Sobin is written as too timid for my liking. I do like the actress and acting-wise the cast is fine.

 

The story. Not so much.

 

Can anyone summarize what happens with Soohyun? I might actually pop by go see his scenes. So the spoilers will help me look for the scenes. I have a soft spot for him.

 

Students are lame. I understand that some people are just peer pressured but I was never like that in college. They are like sheep. Baa...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont understand why Sobin cant still be a friends with Chanki.

He did nothing wrong. 

 

I like the terrace in Jun's apartment.

The terrace is surrounded by glass and simply furnished. It looks warm and comfortable.

 

I think Soohyun liked that drawing. He smiled and didnt even notice it.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Er I didn't watch this week's episodes. Sobin is written as too timid for my liking. I do like the actress and acting-wise the cast is fine.

 

The story. Not so much.

 

Can anyone summarize what happens with Soohyun? I might actually pop by go see his scenes. So the spoilers will help me look for the scenes. I have a soft spot for him.

 

Students are lame. I understand that some people are just peer pressured but I was never like that in college. They are like sheep. Baa...

I want to shake Sobin out of her stupor!!!! So many times her inaction makes me want to yell at her. GIrL DO SOMETHING, or JUST WALK AWAY. You don't have to stand there and get insulted!!

 

But yeah Sobin has some trauma, apparently because in her childhood she was bullied for being an orphan or so - that's why Chanki her childhood friend, who supported her, was next to her, should be actually important to her. The writing is terrible for her, despite her circumstances, I feel nothing but aggravation for her. 

 

Soohyun's mother had to have some surgery, and as Soohyun didn't have finances, he was about to drop out of school. But Soohyun's brother asked Jun for the money, though later Jun notices that a date is circled with red "It ends today" - then Soohyun sends Jun 1 million KRW, and Jun thinks about the time the two talked about how life is bad, Soohyun shared that he is miserable, because he doesn't have the money to protect the ones he loves. In the end Soohyun is found by Jun, who asks him to move in with him, and he accepts. Thank Merlin, because I think they alluded to suicide for Soohyun as the pressure of being the sole responsible one in family got to him. 

 

Yeah this university is so weird. I don't think people would accept  such overt bullying - they do it anywhere. 

 

 

22 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I dont understand why Sobin cant still be a friends with Chanki.

He did nothing wrong. 

I suppose because she decided to choose herself, instead of doing everything for Chanki / being his support. But that's not on him. We notice she sacrificed her own personality for Chanki, when he assumed her favourite pizza is pineapple, but she says "NO; THAT'S YOURS" (basically admitting she only ordered it for him). Chanki is portrayed as self-involved, he's just living his life, but he was a good friend to Sobin, so her just unfriending him just because she has Jun now is pretty low. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's not the drama of the year but, i ADORE THE FRIENDSHIP,:love:  they support each other in difficult times. Admittedly the webtoon is relatively different but the story told is quite well done. Soo hyun gets straight in the drama per preview next episode,  okay, again,  i don't have a problem with that, but I would have liked it to be like in the webtoon for him, it would be more realistic

 I doubt there will be a second season, some actors already have other projects  if there is one, I hope they can make him bisexual in couple with a man. I understand that some people are frustrated ( fans of webtoon ) but it's a adaptation

 

 my heart breaks a bit for Chanki, (the acting is top, the actor plays his role well ,)  this kind of situation we see everywhere, but he is young and sexy, he will fall in love with another girl soon again

 

the couple So bin and Yeo Jun, they are cute, nothing to say, that's all

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really wondering if I’m watching the same drama as everyone. I’m seeing a lot of people commenting on the fact that Sobin is no longer friends with Chanki and how unrealistic it is that she got over her feelings so fast...In my opinion, things turned out this way because Chanki wanted it to be this way. He knew Sobin had feelings for him for years but continued to date around, thinking she’d always be there. He never kept their promises and she was always there cleaning up after him etc. He dated around, even knowing how she felt (she did not need to confess). Seeing as he didn’t know she doesn’t like Pineapple pizza, I’d say he wasn’t even paying attention to their friendship either. I don’t think it’s unrealistic that she moved on quickly. I think from that night in June’s house when he broke the bracelet she’s already decided to move on. She went home and cried and skipped school for the day. She went through her heartbreak and fell for Jun in the process. We see how hurt she was when she found out that Jun had manipulated her the night she confess. On her way home she kept on thinking of him. She’d already developed feelings for him in my opinion. Then he helped her through her trauma, and as she said it made her heart flutter.
 

In regards to the plot I don’t see the problem with it. Jun was so unhappy and hated the fact that no one in his family loved him when the series started. Now, we see him accepting that and being happy regardless. We see him being more genuine, he’s cold to people he feels cold towards and sweet to the people he cares for. Before all he did was wear a smile for everyone. Soohyun is finally learning that it’s okay to accept help, because that’s the only way you can make it out and be of help to someone else. We see him show up at Jun’s house with his bags for help...I think they are all growing a lot...even Sobin, she’s a lot less timid. 
 

My only problem is that I’d like to see more of Jun’s family, especially his brother. But the actor is busy. And from the preview for next episode I can see it’s coming up. For some reason I get the feeling Jun is the one who might have beaten the crap out of his brother and somehow forgot it. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I wonder what will happen to Nam Soohyun's brother. He says he will start working I just hope he don't create problems for Nam Soohyun in the future.

 

Speaking of brothers I hope the preview is not just misleading about Jun and Junwan relationship troubles.

I'll wait for the Tuesday episode of it to unravel. Coz Monday episodes looks like things start to lead somewhere only to culminate at the end of Tuesday episode.

 

Also it looks like Yeojun has unreliable memory of what really went down in his childhood. Maybe it's due to coz of him being just a toddler. I just hope atleast he comes to love his brother. I just don't know about the mother or the father : they just horrible people.

 

Like Jun I thought Nam Soohyun was going to fall from that beautiful bridge. Thank god he had that heart breaking dream with his father hugging him.  I mean it consoled him to realize that he still has dreams of his own even if he lived for the most two important people in his life. It really made me teared up when Jun said "and do not die!" It communicated the existential crisis Nam Soohyun went through and that he is worth living his life!

 

I love and hate Soobin at the same time. She is so undetermined at some of the things of what makes her as a person. I just hope she grows to become a better person where she voices her concerns not just with Jun but with people who encroach on her rights. I know it's a hard thing to do when all you life you always agree with what the other person is making choices for you against your own judgment.

 

 

off topic:

Spoiler

Why is Haekang dad and Yeojun doing that moisturizer ad. It was the most what the heck moment of my drama watching life so far! heheheh

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its okay that Sobin wants to live her life.   :approves:

But she should have said that she didnt like Pineapple pizza and Chanki didnt force her

to clean his apartment.

Thats why I think they can still remain friends because he also accepted her relationship with Jun.

 

Youngran and Soohyun have been friends for many years but she didnt notice that he was in love with her.

I felt sorry for her when they talked on the bench.

I dont think he is in love with her because then he wouldnt say anything about his feelings.

Anyway, they look good together.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@rocher22

Maybe for So Bin Chan Gi broke not just her heart, but her trust as well..? Because of her past, she's just not willing to put herself to go through the pain again. That's why she unfriends Chan Gi.. It'd probably take time like how Soo Hyun now accepts Joon who knows LoL.

 

@ck1Oz

A summary of Soo Hyun? 

He's the sole breadwinner after the passing of his dad, leaving behind him, his younger bro & mom. 

    His mom need immediate back surgery & Soo Hyun is struggling in trying to juggle between school, personal & his family. 

    As things get more bleak for Soo Hyun he finds a friend whom he didn't need (or think he did anyways) that friend is Joon.

    Oh Soo Hyun's in a love triangle with his best friend Young Ran & her roommate, Mi Joo. Though technically he rejected the latter. I laughed when she cried, "I wished you weren't so hot because now I can't make you mine!" - she just sound so shallow. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Para12012 said:

I’m really wondering if I’m watching the same drama as everyone. I’m seeing a lot of people commenting on the fact that Sobin is no longer friends with Chanki and how unrealistic it is that she got over her feelings so fast...In my opinion, things turned out this way because Chanki wanted it to be this way. He knew Sobin had feelings for him for years but continued to date around, thinking she’d always be there. He never kept their promises and she was always there cleaning up after him etc. He dated around, even knowing how she felt (she did not need to confess). Seeing as he didn’t know she doesn’t like Pineapple pizza, I’d say he wasn’t even paying attention to their friendship either. I don’t think it’s unrealistic that she moved on quickly. I think from that night in June’s house when he broke the bracelet she’s already decided to move on. She went home and cried and skipped school for the day. She went through her heartbreak and fell for Jun in the process. We see how hurt she was when she found out that Jun had manipulated her the night she confess. On her way home she kept on thinking of him. She’d already developed feelings for him in my opinion. Then he helped her through her trauma, and as she said it made her heart flutter.

 

"Because Chanki wanted it to be this way"

 

I am not so sure about that. Why? These two are/were best friends for decades. It's not easy to change from friendship to lovers, especially if you are scared of losing that special friendship. That is also why Chanki was distracted by all these girls he had, perhaps he deep down knew he liked Sobin, too, but he is just fearful. He may seem like daredevil and fearless, but that may be a front. 

 

Notice how he never actually rejected her, and honestly, what you can blame Chanki for is that he didn't tell her he had girlfriends. I suppose it's because he didn't consider them his actual girlfriends, just girls who he hooks up with. It's weird to blame him for dating around, when she never confessed really. For that matter, are you blaming Soohyun for never confessing to Youngran?

 

Sobin, who freezes up, the minute she is bombarded by many students, Sobin, who can't deal with stress of social surroundings. She just exchanged one crutch ( Chanki ) for another ( Jun ). Notice how it was Jun who broke the childhood bracelet, NOT HER. 

 

I do support her saying she needs time for herself, when Chanki asked if they are still friends, but she doesn't actually  have time for herself: She immediately latched upon  Jun.  Sobin and Chanki -This is classic friendship break because of trying to change friendship to love. 

 

Personally I don't think you can move on from longstanding friendship and love with a single cry, especially the friendship part. 

 

Also, I'm pretty sure she never objected to pineapple pizza because she wanted to make Chanki happy. That's on her. She has a mouth and can say things, correct him. She's just too timid, even with her own friends. I know they made her character this way, as the actress played a better part in Beyond Evil. 

 

@Latte_Anyday

 

E5sXfkcUUAM1IfG?format=jpg&name=large

 

;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, agenth said:

 

"Because Chanki wanted it to be this way"

 

I am not so sure about that. Why? These two are/were best friends for decades. It's not easy to change from friendship to lovers, especially if you are scared of losing that special friendship. That is also why Chanki was distracted by all these girls he had, perhaps he deep down knew he liked Sobin, too, but he is just fearful. He may seem like daredevil and fearless, but that may be a front. 

 

Notice how he never actually rejected her, and honestly, what you can blame Chanki for is that he didn't tell her he had girlfriends. I suppose it's because he didn't consider them his actual girlfriends, just girls who he hooks up with. It's weird to blame him for dating around, when she never confessed really. For that matter, are you blaming Soohyun for never confessing to Youngran?

 

Sobin, who freezes up, the minute she is bombarded by many students, Sobin, who can't deal with stress of social surroundings. She just exchanged one crutch ( Chanki ) for another ( Jun ). Notice how it was Jun who broke the childhood bracelet, NOT HER. 

 

I do support her saying she needs time for herself, when Chanki asked if they are still friends, but she doesn't actually  have time for herself: She immediately latched upon  Jun.  Sobin and Chanki -This is classic friendship break because of trying to change friendship to love. 

 

Personally I don't think you can move on from longstanding friendship and love with a single cry, especially the friendship part. 

 

Also, I'm pretty sure she never objected to pineapple pizza because she wanted to make Chanki happy. That's on her. She has a mouth and can say things, correct him. She's just too timid, even with her own friends. I know they made her character this way, as the actress played a better part in Beyond Evil. 

 

@Latte_Anyday

 

;)

 

Chanki told Sobin about his girlfriends. Remember she told Jun that he dates around. She also knew about the girl she bumped in at his house. It’s just that he had told her they broke up, which they did since she had refer to herself as his “ex.” 
 

Sobin did not need to confess. Chanki knew how she felt. I do believe that he didn’t pursue a relationship with her because he’d rather stay friends than lose her. It’s the same reason why Jun was hesitant. But that was his choice.
 

You don’t always have to use words for someone to get to know you. Being observant is a big part of it. She never objected to the pizza but she’d only have the crust. Chanki did not notice this because he was too busy enjoying the pineapples, and that is how I see their entire relationship - he was too busy enjoying himself to give her the attention she wanted. Don’t forget he always broke their appointments to be at the club etc. 

 

The only time we actually saw him being a good friend to her was in the flashback when they were kids  at the playground. We saw her cleaning his house and doing his laundry and him 
 

In most situations, you only need the right person to come along to get over the wrong person that you have been hung up on. It doesn’t matter how long you were hung up on that person. 

 

I just can’t pity Chanki, although I think Sobin should still be friends with him. We saw them talking and laughing though. 

 

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So much negativity toward Sobin.... She clearly struggler with social anxiety witch is real thing for many people, so I feel it is unfair to say she is slow and non responding. But she clearly improving and I think the first move was when she asked SH about that group project as I think she wanted to improve herself at that moment. she clearly more vocal when she got to do it in her own pace. I like that she want to speak her mind and say what she want and after getting closer to SH and JY you also can see she is more free and herself beside her two roommates. As a person myself struggling with Social anxiety she is very relatable to me and I feel sad seeing people being so negative toward Sobin. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The school authorities should expel this sunbae and put him behind bars and try to show the error of his ways.

 

Soobin being kidnapped and I just hope she don't withdraw more into herself after she gets rescued. I really feel bad for her.

This sunbae thinks he can extort money from Yeojun this way. What a fool he is. I think I'm getting ahead of myself with this preview.

 

Oh my gosh! Nam Soohyun is awestruck at that lavish breakfast. I feel he is going to scold Yeojun for being too extra! hehehhe

 

-------------------------------------------------------

For some reason I loved this scene more. I would have loved if that sunbae went full confrontational and see what goes down. But he too cowardly! heheh

 

  • Like 4
  • Blob 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..