[Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

ferily

Preview for Episode 6 - Soohyun and Jun are being juvenile. Surprising of the former, but he's young and June does get under his skin.

I am so tired of seeing the bullying sunbaes, especially the fat one, in every episode. The point is that a ton of scenes of them withdrawing cash from their ATM is shoved down my throat to make the point "poor jun, he has nobody who actually likes him for who he is, and not just his money". What's more the sunbaes' lines of how Soohyun is extorting money from Jun are so ridiculous that I hoped someone would slap some sense into them. If you extort somebody's money, you don't note down how much you owe them to pay back, do you? 

The sunbaes' characters are so wildly unnatural. Nobody would act that way as student, I can't believe that everyone EXCEPT Sobin and Soohyun would do that. Is university now a breeding ground for gangsters? 

Yeah I get Jun has issues but the storyline of him is just unbelievable. Then people say how I don't empathise with Jun, despite his mental health issues and parental issues. Does that give him a right to act problematic and be manipulative? NO. It's just a reason for the way he behaves. But if someone abuse

ed another person due to their own abuse, that wouldn't be excusable, either, right? 

The reason Jun goes back to those twofaced sunbaes is because he can't handle rejection, even though it's his fault:

1) Sobin: seperating her with his childhood best friend. If she wanted to "break things off" with her friend, it should be her choice, not because Jun decided to control her and ruin her bracelet. 

2) Soohyun: he says he wants to get to know Soohyun but when Soohyun shows him his life, he gets insulted and upset. He actually expects Soohyun to act like those sunbaes. 

I'm frustrated with Sobin too, because she says she doesn't want to be center of gossip, but when girls come to ask her about her being Jun's gf, all she had to do was say NO. Then they'd have left her alone, but instead she was waffling about and then gets upset at Jun - when she partially is to blame for her own situation. 

Soohyun: The guy is a masochist. I understand wanting to take care of his own brother etc, but he is pushing his limits, that he ended up hospitalised. The young brother is 21, so he could work, too, if he wanted to go to the academy. That brother acts like he is 14. 

At least we have girlpower in the form of Young Ran. I'm jealous of her as she got to kick sunbae's ... well where it hurts

:wow1:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I wonder when will Jun stop associating with those sunbaes.

Also I think his brother is trying in his own way to protect YJ from going to the family for more abuse.

I hope he does become better person and listen to the people who are trying to care about him.

Jun has to stop being becoming insufferable jerk and ask for help and when help is given not reject it.

I can't help it for liking Nam Soohyun from this drama.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Er--did Joon learn from Nevertheless' Jae Eon for the end scene heh. He came off sort of creepy though ngl. It was suppose to be a sexy scene LoL. 

Brava to So Bin! Those bullies deserve it. That professor is the absolute worse. The thing is noone dare to report her that's what make her shameless. 

So Bin's roommates are crushing on Soo Hyun LoL. I wonder if Joon did lean in for a kiss or.. is it a fake out?! 'Cause I already got burned from "Monthly House Magazine" & DayS aish~ 

I don't get the preview though(?) Someone else that Joon was meant to be with. Huh LoL. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Er--did Joon learn from Nevertheless' Jae Eon for the end scene heh. He came off sort of creepy though ngl. It was suppose to be a sexy scene LoL. 

Brava to So Bin! Those bullies deserve it. That professor is the absolute worse. The thing is noone dare to report her that's what make her shameless. 

So Bin's roommates are crushing on Soo Hyun LoL. I wonder if Joon did lean in for a kiss or.. is it a fake out?! 'Cause I already got burned from "Monthly House Magazine" & Days aish~ 

I don't get the preview though(?) Someone else that Joon was meant to be with. Huh LoL. 

The voice from the preview that said it seems to be Chan Ki, so he’s probably just teasing Joon. 

• Like 1

Looks like Yeojun had a restless night because of Nam Soohyun's words hit close to home and his heart. Therefore thought better avoid him before it becomes a thorn.

But Nam Soohyun is moved because of Yeojun's one act of service, that caused to get his job back at the campus cafeteria. Now he wants to befriend Yeojun and no one is going to stop him not even Yeojun it seems.

Soobin seems to have this complex where a hero must save her and she must fall in love with said hero. But let's see what time will tell and if the relationship between her and Yeojun will survive it. I hope so ( in this drama version~ I feel bad for spoiling myself through twitter as to what's different from the webtoon to some extent)

Anyways atleast she confronted her past hurt and seems to be on the way to heal her trauma. But I question why is Yeojun giving out unacknowledged therapy. Shouldn't he be the one to go to a therapist to talk out his feelings.

Also why is Yeojun's father shown one dimensionally  always coming at your face with menacing countenance to hit you in the face.

I hope they show what went wrong in this family. Right now we are seeing the consequences of those events.

But Mijoo files that Yeojun got also tells a story of abandoned families. I'm kind a intrigued with that too. Does this relate to his family in anyway.

Also Soohyun was evicted from his home stay now and is now staying at that sauna (what do you call that place?) Now what will happen!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

Is it just me that thinks it's weird Jun takes Sobin to her old elementary for "fun times". Jun is already head over heels in love with her, misinterpreting the flowers meaning from "apology" to "eternal love". It's clear Sobin has some kind of trauma that makes her unable to look people in the eye most of the time and have sort of panic attacks. Despite these reasons it's hard for me to feel with her. The way her friendship with Chan Ki "broke" off all of a sudden - he was actually apparently her only friend, except her roommate and unni. It's like nothing changed, losing that friendship, she doesn't care. Somehow weird, then, that we are supposed to believe she had a crush on her friend for so many years, when from one minute to the next she forgets about him. 

I thought this series was about bromance, but it's just about Yeo Jun and Sobin - and everyone else seems like side character. Which is bad, since Sobin is bland for me, in spite of her traumatic past. And Yeo Jun, well I don't like his portrayal still. And their ship ? Um not my style.... it's all so rushed and weird. Oh well ~  time to use fast forward button

What's also weird? The whole group presentation. Those sunbaes are so dumb. I was fearing an actual attempt at destroying the group's work. But they just lie and tell they were kicked out, when actually it was THEIR CHOICE TO LEAVE. Plus they just ask a Q & A question whose ANSWER WAS PREPARED. Umm... #utter fail #dumb and dumber

Anyway Youngran and Soohyun are pretty cute, but I agree that they are more friendly, at least from Soohyun's side it looks more one-sided. Then again, he hardly has the mind space for love let alone friends.... 

Poor guy.   

• Like 3

Why can't the female professor just delete the stuff from Sobin's thesis, it hasn't been submitted yet. Especially since two different people have recognized Sobin's work. This is going to bite her in the behind, at least I hope it does. I'm surprised the other professor is keeping quiet. 

What is up with Sobin's best friend spilling her secrets to Jun. Also what is his deal, he doesn't want to date her but wants all of her attention. 

Young-ran only wants to buy a house to help Soo-hyun, but that wouldn't solve anything. Even if she had a house, he wouldn't stay in it. He even returned the drink she tried to give, no way he lives in her house. I like that they're friends, but I don't want them together. I want them to stay bff. 

Soohyun was so awkward with that three way high five, and the way they teased him. :joy: I want them to focus more on the friendship between the three. Though my favorite dynamic is Soo-hyun/Jun. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Why can't the female professor just delete the stuff from Sobin's thesis, it hasn't been submitted yet. Especially since two different people have recognized Sobin's work. This is going to bite her in the behind, at least I hope it does. I'm surprised the other professor is keeping quiet. 

What is up with Sobin's best friend spilling her secrets to Jun. Also what is his deal, he doesn't want to date her but wants all of her attention. 

Right? That professor plagiarising makes no sense either. This university is the weird. 

The assistant  wants to stay on faculty and if she opened her mouth, her life would be ruined - being known as a whistleblower. 

Chanki tells Jun all the stuff much like the male lead in My Sassy Girl, it was supposed to be a romantic gesture as in, "i want what's best for you" 

• Like 2

Kind of grossed out when Joon kissed So Bin with his bleeding lips ew~ But I guess he just wanted someone to love him wholeheartedly & that So Bin did. 

I just wish Joon would let her in by being honest about himself. Nice to see Joon & Soo Hyun becoming friends. 

Those 2 bullies with that mean girl are just plain atrocious individuals! I sort of yelled at So Bin why didn't she pull Joon away? She just kind of stood there for Joon to get punched over and over again. Then again she's so weak & tiny ugh if only Young Ran was there LoL! 

I think Mi Joo with Chan Gi is kind of cute LoL.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Kind of grossed out when Joon kissed So Bin with his bleeding lips ew~ But I guess he just wanted someone to love him wholeheartedly & that So Bin did. 

I just wish Joon would let her in by being honest about himself. Nice to see Joon & Soo Hyun becoming friends. 

Those 2 bullies with that mean girl are just plain atrocious individuals! I sort of yelled at So Bin why didn't she pull Joon away? She just kind of stood there for Joon to get punched over and over again. Then again she's so weak & tiny ugh if only Young Ran was there LoL! 

I think Mi Joo with Chan Gi is kind of cute LoL.

I was also wondering why did she just stand there. In episode one she jump in front of the guy who was going at him.

Why is Jun running in every episode. Even in the preview for tomorrow’s episode he’s running. Maybe to stop Soo Hyun from leaving school this time? 

• Like 1

@Para12012

I react the same way as So Bin actually eheh. I probably don't want to make the situation worse by gettin' involved? But I also know that the person could restrain themselves from hurting further. 

Honestly I'm still not fully invested in this drama LoL. Despite it bein' 7 ep. now, the plot just seem messy? And yea Joon runs a LOT on this show ha-ha. Thankfully this drama has 12 ep. 

• Like 2