[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

16 minutes ago, Auniyshi S said:

So, general Song is the mole? 

He is the one who betray XQ?

Oh ...but why? Wei shen me? 

Isnt he a XQ-AW hardshipper and a loyal man?

:heartbreak:

I don't think he is betraying them now. As of ep 31 he is still loyal to the couple. His betrayal will come later. It's sad cause I also like him now. Sigh, unfortunately people change, look at what happend to Jiner:cold_sweat:....

40 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Polly Thank you for the info. I needed it so badly . This drama is so good, you can tell this drama is for MATURE AUDIENCES who enjoy this kind of drama. 

i despise Awu’s SIL. She acts like her hubby is the one who did her wrong. She hurt him and doesn’t deserve to stay married to him. After all her father has dragged her I treasonous plot and she may not live which gives me hope ? He will get the chance to be happy. She wasn’t true to her vows and her arrogance needs to before fixed. 

Don't worry, they won't stay married for long:smirk:. What ultimately happens to her may satisfy you. But poor Wang Su suffered quite a lot in the process. 

I enjoy this show very much. It's well balanced, all characters have a clear purpose in the storyline, and it has a good mix of romance and political intriges. Awu is definitely no Mary Sue. She is not sitting around waiting for XQ to save her and XQ is also not dependent on his wife. Even when they're separated, they each fight their own battles and they somehow end up complementing each other in the whole scheme of things. I also like the actor who plays the PM. I find him very charismatic. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I did a marathon watch today. Many happy and ended with really sad parts.

Second Prince laid a siege on the palace forcing the Emperor to abdicate in his favour. Wang Xuan became the tactician and maneuver the situation to their favour. Later, Xiao Qi teased her that she even resorted to kidnapping. Wang Xuan kidnapped General Wei's mother to catch General Wei's attention. General Wei later told Xiao Qi that he has a really brilliant wife. Boy, was he so proud of his wife.

This time Xiao Qi came a little late to the rescue and Zidan stepped in to take a stab for Wang Xuan. Xiao Qi later said that although he was thankful that Zidan saved his wife but he did not feel good about it. Jealous Xiao Qi. By the way, Wang Xuan had to tell Zidan that all he cared about it is his love but to her it is no longer anything to her and she had better things to do. I love the superhero feel whenever Xiao comes to rescue his wife.

Xiao Qi finally meet his Royal mother in law. Wang Xuan told him that her mother will scold him for the things in the past. Indeed, Elder Princess did and Xiao Qi stopped Wang Xuan from interrupting her mother and allowed himself to be remanded by his mother in law. He promised that she will always protect Wang Xuan.

For all what the Empress did to her own husband and in the end Emperor passed the throne to his Crown Prince. Unfortunately, he is such a mama's boy as Xie Wan Ru had notice that her husband will never step out to defend or protect her. Definitely, there will be a mother in law/daughter in law war.

Xiao Qi got a further promotion and attends court now. His court uniform looks really bridegroom like. Wang Xuan is pregnant and wanted to save the news till her birthday to tell Xiao Qi and her family. She wanted her family back together as they once were. The Empress pushed her and then seeing her mother slash her throat in front of her proved deadly and she miscarriage.

Xiao Qi is a non drinker but he married a woman who likes her wine and he "rescues" her and put her to bed. This couple loves their hugs.

Lastly, her father's ambition is not just being the power behind the new Emperor but he wanted to be Emperor himself. Wang Xuan will not forgive her father.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Thank you for the recap! I have a question...

Spoiler

I think it was episode 28 or 29, when it was raining and Xiao Qi was waiting for A'wu to come out from the palace. Then a soldier informs Xiao Qi that they found the person he was looking for (a woman) and Xiao Qi quickly goes to this woman and we see him enter her house and hold a young girl child (there was also another man there). Then the scene ends. Do anyone know who the child is? Maybe I missed a scene/conversation (my mandarin is not the best) about who this lady is? Thank you!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Second Prince laid a siege on the palace forcing the Emperor to abdicate in his favour. Wang Xuan became the tactician and maneuver the situation to their favour. Later, Xiao Qi teased her that she even resorted to kidnapping. Wang Xuan kidnapped General Wei's mother to catch General Wei's attention. General Wei later told Xiao Qi that he has a really brilliant wife. Boy, was he so proud of his wife.

This time Xiao Qi came a little late to the rescue and Zidan stepped in to take a stab for Wang Xuan. Xiao Qi later said that although he was thankful that Zidan saved his wife but he did not feel good about it. Jealous Xiao Qi. By the way, Wang Xuan had to tell Zidan that all he cared about it is his love but to her it is no longer anything to her and she had better things to do. I love the superhero feel whenever Xiao comes to rescue his wife.

Xiao Qi finally meet his Royal mother in law. Wang Xuan told him that her mother will scold him for the things in the past. Indeed, Elder Princess did and Xiao Qi stopped Wang Xuan from interrupting her mother and allowed himself to be remanded by his mother in law. He promised that she will always protect Wang Xuan.

For all what the Empress did to her own husband and in the end Emperor passed the throne to his Crown Prince. Unfortunately, he is such a mama's boy as Xie Wan Ru had notice that her husband will never step out to defend or protect her. Definitely, there will be a mother in law/daughter in law war.

Xiao Qi got a further promotion and attends court now. His court uniform looks really bridegroom like. Wang Xuan is pregnant and wanted to save the news till her birthday to tell Xiao Qi and her family. She wanted her family back together as they once were. The Empress pushed her and then seeing her mother slash her throat in front of her proved deadly and she miscarriage.

Xiao Qi is a non drinker but he married a woman who likes her wine and he "rescues" her and put her to bed. This couple loves their hugs.

Lastly, her father's ambition is not just being the power behind the new Emperor but he wanted to be Emperor himself. Wang Xuan will not forgive her father.

You already watch until which ep??

• Like 2

@Polly @UnniSarah, I was actually suspecting General Song in episode 14 regarding jailing the maids who leaked information about XQ leaving the military camp. When the housekeeper confessed and A’Wu turned her back to General Song to tell the other guards to let the rest of the maids go, General Song had a subtle diabolical smile on his face. I honestly believe he’s a mole already but he’s playing a long game. I hope he dies a traitor’s death in the future. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

34 minutes ago, gingerchews said:

Thank you for the recap! I have a question...

Hide contents

I think it was episode 28 or 29, when it was raining and Xiao Qi was waiting for A'wu to come out from the palace. Then a soldier informs Xiao Qi that they found the person he was looking for (a woman) and Xiao Qi quickly goes to this woman and we see him enter her house and hold a young girl child (there was also another man there). Then the scene ends. Do anyone know who the child is? Maybe I missed a scene/conversation (my mandarin is not the best) about who this lady is? Thank you!

I am not sure as I skipped to watch only of our couple. Hope someone can assist this puzzle. Xiao Qi spoke a little of his childhood, maybe someone from his past.

It is really a modern twist for a medieval husband to wait for his wife to go home together.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Polly @UnniSarah, I was actually suspecting General Song in episode 14 regarding jailing the maids who leaked information about XQ leaving the military camp. When the housekeeper confessed and A’Wu turned her back to General Song to tell the other guards to let the rest of the maids go, General Song had a subtle diabolical smile on his face. I honestly believe he’s a mole already but he’s playing a long game. I hope he dies a traitor’s death in the future. 

Same with me @celebrianna anyone who chooses to betray people who care about them deserves to die.  

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

While watching those advance episodes can you tell on what episode or intances will Jin'er ( the girl who slept with the third prince) leave Awu??? I hate seing her face looking so sneaky while listening to various information from Awu that she can use to help the cowardly Zitan. I hope Awu will find out her real intention the soonest and kick her out of her palace.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Thank you for the wonderful summary.The drama gives a bucketful of twists never a dull moment.Makes me happy to hear that we will get to see more of Xiao Qi and Awu together in the coming episodes.

• Like 4

@jacquelinetan- I binged on the raw episodes last night as well and   What a roller coaster of emotions.  I don’t understand mandarin or Chinese but the emotions that these actors display in their scenes are so great! Thank you for the summary of the episodes .  It’s so hard waiting for English subs to come out and your summaries help tide me over until they are out! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChristineH said:

Where did you watch episodes without subs?  I tried ChinaZone on youtube but it stuck on ep. 23.

Please go to duboku.com

2 hours ago, Gina Madren said:

@jacquelinetan- I binged on the raw episodes last night as well and   What a roller coaster of emotions.  I don’t understand mandarin or Chinese but the emotions that these actors display in their scenes are so great! Thank you for the summary of the episodes .  It’s so hard waiting for English subs to come out and your summaries help tide me over until they are out! 

I love to read The Rebel Princess review and recap here.

It helps me a lot to understand the whole story before watching with sub (except you dont like a spoiler :blush:).

She is updating her recap and review each ep.

Her review and recap is currently at ep 19.

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-rebel-princess-recap-and-review.html?m=1

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leila Essalih said:

i wached episode 30 in raw and i think  XIAO XI has a secret son . can any one confirm that? 

Spoiler

omg! i know exactly what you're referring to! i was so confused about that scene as well and asked about it here but no one knows. I haven't read the novel and there were no other explanations in the episode (i watched til ep 31). guess we will have to wait to find out. 

some people think it's not his son but perhaps one of his soldier's sons? like a soldier/friend that died and xiao qi has been looking for their children ever since?

Edited by gingerchews
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

Am still on episode 14 oh my word the feels this couple is giving me, I can't stop smiling. Now Awu is leaving the general and am.just hoping its not going to be another General and I where we go 30 episodes without our couple together. Ugh I really hated that part about G&I. Am just loving this drama soooo much

5 minutes ago, gingerchews said:
  Hide contents

omg! i know exactly what you're referring to! i was so confused about that scene as well and asked about it here but no one knows. I haven't read the novel and there were no other explanations in the episode (i watched til ep 31). guess we will have to wait to find out. 

some people think it's not his son but perhaps one of his soldier's sons? like a soldier/friend that died and xiao qi has been looking for their children ever since?

When will they get their own kids. I can't wait to see his reaction when his wife tells him she is pregnant 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@gingerchews @Leila Essalih, As far as I know XQ only have two kids and they are born from A’Wu. Others who read the novel posted earlier on the thread that XQ only had two kids and even after A’Wu died he remained faithful to her. Only unless the drama changes that but I doubt it because I think he would have told A’Wu already. Only unless he fathered a child he didn’t know about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, celebrianna said:

@gingerchews @Leila Essalih, As far as I know XQ only have two kids and they are born from A’Wu. Others who read the novel posted earlier on the thread that XQ only had two kids and even after A’Wu died he remained faithful to her. Only unless the drama changes that but I doubt it because I think he would have told A’Wu already. 

Ugh its going to be a sad ending??? I have just spoiled myself :bawling:

6 minutes ago, sp17jcshipper said:

Ugh its going to be a sad ending??? I have just spoiled myself :bawling:

Not necessarily. Everybody have to die right? She didn’t die at the end of the story. She dies in the epilogue years after the story ends. Even so, I believe the drama might have changed the ending too. Personally I think it will be a happy ending for them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Not necessarily. Everybody have to die right? She didn’t die at the end of the story. She dies in the epilogue years after the story ends. Even so, I believe the drama might have changed the ending too. Personally I think it will be a happy ending for them.

Oh thank goodness I was kinda upset for a minute there lol. If its after some time when they have grown old together then its all good. Am smiling again:tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2