[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

12 minutes ago, ChristineH said:

I watched the raw too.  

Reveal hidden contents

Xiao Qi loves Awu so much, he let her dad go without her asking him for it.  :bawling:  I cried when she chased her dad.   I hope their love is super2 strong, seems like everybody around them want one of them killed or both.  

Spoiler

What is the consequence of him releasing him, in the previous ep empress said it will have impact among his soldiers. Will it have?

these latest 10 ep, I felt like the pace was slow without any major development.  Is it just me?

1 hour ago, Kachan02 said:

idk if I shd be happy or sad abt general Song crushing hard for Awu, he even dreamt abt her and it seem to driving him crazy and that’s why he seem to have ok to marriage 

crushing on somebody is not harmful but I dread the day if he makes a bad move 

Oh God NOOO!! I really love Gen Song as much as XQ. Please let him not go further down this path. I was shipping him so badly with Yuxiu! 

Can anyone give me the link for the novel (English translation) on which this show is based please. Would love to read the original novel. 

• Like 2

Episodes 32-41

Spoiler

Was Xiao Qi right to give Awu anti pregnancy herbs to protect her? 

Personally I think he's in the wrong. As husband and wife this is a discussion they should have together. If she wants to risk her life to have a child he should let her. It's not his place to make this decision for her. 

Awu's relatives are bad news. Trying to seduce Xiao Qi really? 

The 3rd prince will never learn! Awu doesn't love him or want him! She's happy with Xiao Qi. Does he think she's run back to him if he killed Xiao Qi? He's delusional! 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, baiqian said:

Episodes 32-41

Reveal hidden contents

Personally I think he's in the wrong. As husband and wife this is a discussion they should have together. If she wants to risk her life to have a child he should let her. It's not his place to make this decision for her. 

The 3rd prince will never learn! Awu doesn't love him or want him! She's happy with Xiao Qi. Does he think she's run back to him if he killed Xiao Qi? He's delusional! 

Spoiler

Ooo...so that's the herbs are for.  Anti pregnancy..I thought it's poison.  :o  Yeahh...I agree with you, he shouldn't do that but I guess he loves her too much and scared he might lose her.  It would be a problem between them if Awu found out about it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, jadore1 said:

ok guys spoil me ...what goodies do we get up to 41....i saw 41 raw and I see that the empress is still alive lol.  How are our sweethearts doing with their love life? any babies yet?  

No babies yet..Xiao Qi give Awu anti pregnancy..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fenny Liong said:

Spoiler

Raw up to 41 and she is taking medicine all this time? does she find out ? or is that for the next 27 episodes.  If anything exiting happened in these 10 please let me know with spoiler so that i can check the raw more closely. 

Well, for something exciting, how about 2 kisses? One in Ep. 33 and one in Ep. 34 :fullofhearts:

The cousin of A Wu looks nothing like her. Empress Dowager’s servant said she looked 70% like her. I’m like what? :spitswater:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Sorry ignore my post above. I accidentally quoted wrongly but was unable to remove the quote. 

I just finished up to ep 41. 

9 hours ago, The.Lannister said:

Oh God NOOO!! I really love Gen Song as much as XQ. Please let him not go further down this path. I was shipping him so badly with Yuxiu! 

Can anyone give me the link for the novel (English translation) on which this show is based please. Would love to read the original novel. 

There is no full English translation of the novel. As far as I know it's only translated up to chapter 7 

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/emperors-conquest/

10 hours ago, Kachan02 said:
  Hide contents

What is the consequence of him releasing him, in the previous ep empress said it will have impact among his soldiers. Will it have?

these latest 10 ep, I felt like the pace was slow without any major development.  Is it just me?

Share the same sentiments as you. Though there were a couple of sweet scenes between Awu and XQ, the last 10 episodes felt rather uneventful compared with the previous episodes. But at least we got to know that General Song is really corrupted and is on XQ's radar. I also feel sorry for Yi Xiu for being Awu's substitute (I hope she doesn't turn evil like the others, ie. empress and Jin Er). 

On releasing the PM, it didnt exactly turn out what the dowager empress hoped for but it did create rumours among the common folk that since the PM is down, XQ doesn't need the alliance with Awu anymore (people justified this with Awu moving out of the Yuzhang Manor to stay in the temple). So XQ responded with a 2nd wedding with Awu and announced to all that he will only have Awu as his only wife to quell the rumours. 

8 hours ago, baiqian said:

Episodes 32-41

Hide contents

I'm very rritated by XQ's move to secretly feed her contraceptives, which causes a lot of unnecessary misunderstandings. Now the ku ku (the senior servant) thinks XQ is harming Awu and is setting stuff in motion with the bodyguard, and that spy Jin Er overheard everything and told the empress about it. It's like getting out of control. I understand that XQ has Awu's interest in mind and it's sort of romantic in a sense that in ancient times, having offspring and continuing the family line was very important. He is willing to forgo all this just for Awu. But I rather he told her the facts (just like what he did earlier when he told her about her dad being the master mind behind their marriage). While I understand that he doesn't want to make her worried and therefore aggravating her health condition, keeping the info from her also implies that he doesn't think/trust that she can handle the information, which is disappointing considering that Awu has demonstrated many times that she is level headed and able to cope with tough situations. BTW he also kept their poor financial situation hidden from her (he is almost bankrupt cause he has to support the entire army and also the families of deceased soldiers). She had to find out herself, was upset that he wasn't upfront but still offered to help him and came up with a good solution. This shows that she doesn't like to be kept in the dark, would like to face whatever situation together, and that she is more resourceful than him. This XQ is going to regret BIG time when Awu finds out about the contraceptives. She is going to be SUPER pissed.

Agree that the third prince is delusional. In fact, there are many delusional folks in this show. Awu's aunt and cousin are too. Thinking that they can just seduce XQ within a few days (or at all). The script writers better don't make XQ the third victim/fool of accidentally sleeping with the wrong person because of aphrodisiacs. 

Another delusional character is Jin Er, I find her character so moronic. She has been blindly following the empress' instructions w/o using her own brain. Firstly, the empress cannot control the third prince. If she could, the prince had already made Jin Er his concubine a long time ago (since he already had sex with her). Secondly, it's obvious that Awu has moved on and is in love with XQ. What's the point of killing Awu? Thirdly, does she really think killing Awu will make the third prince accept her? I think it's the opposite. Another thing I didn't like about the recent episodes is that Awu has still no clue that Jin Er is in love with the third prince despite the many signs (e.g. Awu asked Jin Er if there is anyone she likes, Jin Er didn't give a direct answer but immediately enquired about the third prince). As an intelligent woman, Awu should have picked up the signs and puzzled the pieces together by now. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Episode 32

Xiao Qi talking to the Royal Physician

XQ: Tai Yee, how is it?

RP: Da Wang, Wang Fei's health is not favourable.

XQ: These words, please explain further ...

RP: Can I ask whether Wang Fei previously had a bad sore?

XQ: Yes, when she was at Ningshuo ... she had it over a long period of time

RP: Wang Fei even before Ningshuo was already suffering from a condition ... plus with the long extended toils with the emotions has worsen the condition. As the saying goes the emotions will take effects on the physical body and now she also had a miscarriage, I am afraid that she cannot ...

XQ: Afraid she cannot what ...

RP: Wang Fei ... in the future ... it will be very difficult for her to conceive.

XQ: Does that mean she can never have children?

RP: That is not the case, even she is able to conceive, with her current health, it can be life threatening. If she happen to be unlucky, I cannot bear to say anymore ...

XQ: If she never ever have children ...?

RP: Then she will never be in a life threatening situation.

Xiao Qi felt physical pain in his chest.

I gather that in the olden days a husband has the rights to his wife's body and assets. Xiao Qi made a decision on his own without consulting his wife. I think he wanted to spare his wife from another bad news and one she will feel very guilty about. Personally, so typical of men that he gave his wife contraceptive potion. If he thought deep enough he should be the one taking it. I hope Wang Xuan will do a "Daphne Bridgerton" on Xiao Qi. Telling no one, he just invited suspicion on himself. If he just explain, he will be able to rope in the old Nanny to help him instead she will be the one who will disrupt his plans. By the way, I liked the way he feeds his wife medicine ... mouth to mouth.

The interpretation is based on my limited understanding of the language.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 33

My current most favourite episode

Wang Xuan have been staying in the temple for 3 months after seeing her father off to exile. The rumours in the capital are going around that Wang Xuan had lost favour with Xiao Qi since she is now a criminal's daughter and lost of political power. Noble families are now pandering their daughters to Xiao Qi. Xiao Qi told General Song that he will do something big that will dispel the rumours once and for all.

Actually, I am grateful that General Song had that little talk with Wang Xuan had her finally packed to go home.

Yuzheng Palace

The palace was all decorated in red and obvious to everyone that it is for a wedding. The guests are arriving one by one

1st Man: Yuzheng Wang is getting married again?All these red decoration, what else can it be.

1st Minister: Deputy Minister Lin, do you know tonight Yuzheng Wang is marrying which noble daughter of which family?

2nd Minister: Deputy Minister Wei, you too do not even know? I received the invitation today but I felt really surprised.

1st Minister: deputy Minister Lin, you must remember that Yuzheng Palace has already got madame. The only one of a kind Yuzheng Wang Fei is no plain Jane either.

1st Lady in the street: Where is there a man who does not have concubines?

2nd Lady in the street: It is because Yuzheng Wang Fei is not in.

Guard: Wang Fei has arrived!

Wang Xuan's carriage draws up at the palace and became obvious to her and her entourage what is happening.

Guard: Move aside

House Butler: Wang Fei, you have returned.

Nanny Zu: If Wang Fei does not returned, what will become of Yuzheng Palace.

House Butler: It not the case, Wang Fei, please let me explain ...

Nanny Zu: Wang Fei, we should leave here. It is not that the Wang clan does not anyone anymore. We will go and look for your brother, if not we should go to the Empress Dowager's Palace. I don't think that Empress Dowager and the Emperor will not ignore this.

WX: Nanny Zu, this is Yuzheng Palace and I am the Yuzheng Wang Fei, what is the logic of me not entering my own house?

Wang Xuan walked into the Yuzheng Palace and saw an aisle line with soldiers on both sides and Xiao Qi in the end of that line all dressed in red.

Guard: Wang Fei has arrived

She walked down the aisle and Xiao Qi walked down to meet her in the middle. Xiao Qi reached out and hold Wang Xuan's hands. She tried to pulled away but Xiao Qi held onto them firmly

XQ: Trust me.

Xiao Qi led Wang Xuan to the end and place her to stand on top of some steps and turned to face the guests and formally greet them

XQ: Everyone here knows on that day of our wedding there was an emergency at the border. I had no choice but to leave the capital immediately, leaving Wang Fei alone, alone in the bridal chambers. Women, regards of class would wished for everything auspicious on her wedding day. Unfortunately, for the Princess Shangyang who had to marry a peasant like me and right up to the wedding night don't even know what I looked like. This is the biggest mistake I ever done in my life but my wife did not hold any grudges and even rescued me several times. To have such a virtuous wife what else can a man asked for. Today, on Wang Fei's return, without her permission, I held a banquet with the intention of reimbursing her a wedding feast.

A red robe was brought out and placed on Wang Xuan. Xiao Qi tied the sash. He then placed the phoenix coronet on her head.

Xiao Qi: From this day forward, in this lifetime there is only one woman for me who is Wang Xuan.

Wang Xuan was so touched as tears fell onto her face.

Soldiers: Congratulations Da Wang! Congratulation Wang Fei!

More shouts of rejoicing from the soldiers

Nanny Zu: Elder Princess, I hope you are witnessing this from the heavens.

This interpretation is based on my limited understanding of the language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn75H-YnmzM&feature=youtu.be

Behind the scenes. Enjoy

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Episode 32

Xiao Qi talking to the Royal Physician

XQ: Tai Yee, how is it?

RP: Da Wang, Wang Fei's health is not favourable.

XQ: These words, please explain further ...

RP: Can I ask whether Wang Fei previously had a bad sore?

XQ: Yes, when she was at Ningshuo ... she had it over a long period of time

RP: Wang Fei even before Ningshuo was already suffering from a condition ... plus with the long extended toils with the emotions has worsen the condition. As the saying goes the emotions will take effects on the physical body and now she also had a miscarriage, I am afraid that she cannot ...

XQ: Afraid she cannot what ...

RP: Wang Fei ... in the future ... it will be very difficult for her to conceive.

XQ: Does that mean she can never have children?

RP: That is not the case, even she is able to conceive, with her current health, it can be life threatening. If she happen to be unlucky, I cannot bear to say anymore ...

XQ: If she never ever have children ...?

RP: Then she will never be in a life threatening situation.

Xiao Qi felt physical pain in his chest.

I gather that in the olden days a husband has the rights to his wife's body and assets. Xiao Qi made a decision on his own without consulting his wife. I think he wanted to spare his wife from another bad news and one she will feel very guilty about. Personally, so typical of men that he gave his wife contraceptive potion. If he thought deep enough he should be the one taking it. I hope Wang Xuan will do a "Daphne Bridgerton" on Xiao Qi. Telling no one, he just invited suspicion on himself. If he just explain, he will be able to rope in the old Nanny to help him instead she will be the one who will disrupt his plans. By the way, I liked the way he feeds his wife medicine ... mouth to mouth.

The interpretation is based on my limited understanding of the language.

Thanks for the spoiler..btw can you tell me what zidan says to helan? I know he want to kill xiao qi,but I curious for the complete conversation..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenny Liong said:

Thanks for the spoiler..btw can you tell me what zidan says to helan? I know he want to kill xiao qi,but I curious for the complete conversation..

Zidan told Helan Zhen that he wanted to collaborate with him but he changed his mind, as he can't collaborate with someone who has harmed Awu. Helan Zhen responded that he admired Awu and won't be harming her. Alarmed by the response, Zidan asked if Helan Zhen too had romantic feelings for Awu. Helan Zhen denied and said that he is only concerned about bringing down XQ and that they have a common enemy. Zidan appeased by the response, told Helan Zhen, that apart from Awu, he wants another thing, ie. the throne. 

46 minutes ago, Kachan02 said:

what did he say to her

General Song told Awu (who was staying at the temple) that XQ misses her and that XQ needs her to take care of him. After hearing this, Awu decided to go back to Yuzhang Manor. When she returned, she saw the wedding decor and misunderstood that XQ secretly wanted to marry a concubine but it turns out that he organised it for her. The intention is two fold, 1) to make up for the initial wedding and 2) to tell everyone that he will only have Awu in his life time. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Polly said:

Zidan told Helan Zhen that he wanted to collaborate with him but he changed his mind, as he can't collaborate with someone who has harmed Awu. Helan Zhen responded that he admired Awu and won't be harming her. Alarmed by the response, Zidan asked if Helan Zhen too had romantic feelings for Awu. Helan Zhen denied and said that he is only concerned about bringing down XQ and that they have a common enemy. Zidan appeased by the response, told Helan Zhen, that apart from Awu, he wants another thing, ie. the throne. 

Thanks..I saw helan zhen subordinate seems like threat jin er,helan zhen told he to do that?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fenny Liong said:

Thanks..I saw helan zhen subordinate seems like threat jin er,helan zhen told he to do that?

Ya although Helan Zhen and the empress are collaborating, he doesn't trust the empress. They know Jin Er is the empress' spy and threatened Jim Er to also be their spy. So basically Jin Er is now the informant of both. 

• Like 2

Episode 33

Xiao Qi carried wang Xuan towards the bridal chamber

WX: Please put me down quickly. Everyone is looking!

XQ: I am doting on my wife, why should I care who is looking.

Xiao Qi sat down and took a good look at his wife like any newly wedded bridegroom. Wang Xuan looked uncomfortable though. He started to untied the red sash of the robe and as he went further to remove her clothes, Wang Xuan stopped him

WX: Thank you for everything you did for me.

Xiao Qi held Wang Xuan's hand and adjusted back her clothes. What a gentleman.

XQ: You still do not trust me

WX: We both down deep down that this marriage was just one of my father's plans. Now that he is already in ruins, now both the Wang clan and the Royal Family need to look up to you. As for me, a criminal's daughter, who is holding on to this title is my only saving grace.

XQ: The one I love is you not because you are Princess Shangyang or any of your assets. If one day, you were rid of everything, you are still you, the person I love.

WX: From young to old, Father and Aunt always said they love me. However, in the end I just became a chess-piece to them

Xiao Qi hugged Wang Xuan to comfort her.

XQ: Born into the Wang clan, you are fated to be involved in Palace politics, that is not your fault. Now, we are husband and wife, no matter whether it is a dangerous mountain or fiery sea, I will accompanied you.

WX: My heart is very tired.

XQ: Don't be afraid. You are tired, I will carry you. We will carry this journey together.

It was not a passionate night but it was a big display of tenderness.

Happy to note that the top knot look Xiao Qi had was only once

Xiao Qi returned from court and his wife was still sleeping. Xiao Qi caress his wife from her sleep.

WX: Don't you have morning court to attend?

XQ: I have already returned from court. A married woman now, you are still sleeping in bed. Get up now. Your brother had sent a message that the Empress Dowager had sent for your Aunt and cousin Qian Er, you need to return to your maternal home at once.

WX: Aunt and my cousin are coming? i have not seen her for a long time, she must have grown quite a bit. What is the time?

XQ: Late morning.

WX: Is already so late now.

XQ: All this while, it always been Wang Fei who assist me in changing my clothes, why not today, let me assist you to change your clothes.

WX: No need

XQ: Are you sure?

Xiao Qi caught Wang Xuan gave her a kiss and hug her tenderly

XQ: After our meal, let me take you there.

This interpretation is based on my limited understanding of the language

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Polly said:

Ya although Helan Zhen and the empress are collaborating, he doesn't trust the empress. They know Jin Er is the empress' spy and threatened Jim Er to also be their spy. So basically Jin Er is now the informant of both. 

So,is helan zhen really love awu? Or just wanna use her coz she is Xiao Qi weakness?

• Like 2