[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Rebel Princess上阳赋

sugarplum892

I think it must be the Wang family motto to wield power behind their Empresses and therefore Wang Lin is just the continuation. However, when Crown Prince ruined that plan by ruining another woman hence the embarrassment that his daughter will never be the next Empress and therefore his direct bloodline/descendant will not be the next Emperor, he probably decided he is a better person to sit on the throne.

The little speech he reason why he "stole" Huan Mi for his son instead of letting her marry the 2nd Prince is not just because he got a power to do it but he felt that his son is not lesser than a Prince and should be able to have the woman he wanted. He basically ruined 3 persons lives and the consequences leading to it. At least, with Xiao Qi because he is the man of integrity and not of the the same ideology as the nobles, Wang Xuan has got some chance of happiness none of them ever had.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

New update schedule! Thursday will drop 32-41, 10 ep. vip will get 2 more update days, sat and sun, so sat~wed, 5 days a week, 2 ep/day, vvip gets 10 ep dump on thursday. The drama will finish a week early for vvip, on 18th, 2 weeks early for vip, on 23rd. Schedule is the same for free members, so it finishes on March 15th. I'm guessing the subs will be same rate too, which make sense, since an ep a day is already a lot.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, skibbies said:

New update schedule! Thursday will drop 32-41, 10 ep. vip will get 2 more update days, sat and sun, so sat~wed, 5 days a week, 2 ep/day, vvip gets 10 ep dump on thursday. The drama will finish a week early for vvip, on 18th, 2 weeks early for vip, on 23rd. Schedule is the same for free members, so it finishes on March 15th. I'm guessing the subs will be same rate too, which make sense, since an ep a day is already a lot.

I am watching all raw now and await  new ones  tomorrow   ...What happened to Awu in 31  ?  Why is my man standing so solitary still by the tree?  

• Like 1

The taste of power is so intoxicating that it makes men and women forget humanity.Even familial ties aren't strong enough to restrain.I love how the drama shows us this ugly side with a caution that the end for those who seek it is also brutal.The only emotion that was seen to tower above this was a mother's love.The empress fights one and all for her beloved son,Awu's mom for her children and Zitan's mother gave up her life to protect him.

Epi 21 was heartbreaking. Everyone that Awu loved dearly didn't flinch to try and cause her great harm ( exceptions being her brother and mother).No wonder her reliance and faith on Xia Qi just grows.I hope he doesn't disappoint her in the future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jadore1 said:

I am watching all raw now and await  new ones  tomorrow   ...What happened to Awu in 31  ?  Why is my man standing so solitary still by the tree?  

Spoiler

Awu suffered a miscarriage due to the stress of her mother's death.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Catleya said:

:wub: I am curious what is written on the empress's handkerchief. Need someone kind to translate that writing for us in here he he he :kiss_wink:

Me too lol.   And I am going for the turquoise  one on the above pictures ..so unique .

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:31 AM, skibbies said:

I'm way way way behind but i think it's fairly unlikely as well. He doesn't have one in the novel and there's no reason to give him one in the drama. The otp semi adopts about 3 kids (for different reasons) in the novel, this could be one of them.

It's not his children.  It's one of the generals/soldiers who died (I think while saving somebody) and he is taking care of them.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:42 AM, hush puppy said:

Hi everybody.  It's kinda quiet here.  Guess not many realise this has premiered.

@tazmin  I agree with you.  Zhang Ziyi's dramas do not need a synopsis.  The acting skills of the younger generations of actresses cannot compare to these Veterans.

I just finished up to eps 8.  Ep 1 is a bit slow.  It picks up at ep 2.  But I feel the excitement is about to start from ep 9.

I like the Actor playing the Warrior & Zhang Ziyi's husband. He got the looks, screen presence and charisma.  Couldn't wait to see him go to the rescue of Zhang Ziyi.

Can anybody tells me his name please?

A lot of Netizens think ZZY playing the 16 year role do not fit (as she does not looked like one).  What to expect at 38 during 2018, I think she still looked great eventhough don't look like 16.  To me, it doesn't matter.  I am fed up with the younger actresses who more or less having the same behaviour and attitude.  Their gestures and mannerism is so boring and these dramas really shut me off after first two episodes.  ZZY was different, she is a CLASSIC, her gracefulness, elegance, mannerism and flair that attracted me.  I have been searching for a good drama to start 2021 and THE REBEL PRINCESS was just the right drama!

Edited by graciously18
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Ep 32-41 has been released.  Any kind hearted soul who watched or is watching, please gives us a spoiler or summary as you watch. Thanks in advance 

nice 2 watch wedding 2.0 take 2 nice .it could’ve been better if I could un:bawling:derstand 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

Ep 32-41 has been released.  Any kind hearted soul who watched or is watching, please gives us a spoiler or summary as you watch. Thanks in advance 

nice 2 watch wedding 2.0 take 2 nice .it could’ve been better if I could un:bawling:derstand 

I just know that Zidan want to kill Xiao Qi and cooperate with Helan zhen, Awu maid have arrangement married with general song..Its seems everybody wants Xiao Qi death..and its seems that Awu will difficult to pregnant again..

Sorry cannot help more coz I just know chinese little..

• Like 2

Omo!

I'm way behind from you all.

Just finished ep 19.

In ep. 19, i'm a bit confuse of Awu's father.

I cud say he loves his family. He loves Awu. He opened his arms to welcome Awu. 

He loves his family with his own way. Sadly, he is too cruel to get his goal. And his family cud only seen him as it is. And it was unforgettable nor unforgiving.

When Awu rejected his father welcoming arms, i got teary eyes. Poor me. LOL.

Awu is so cold to her father. But, i cannot blame her. 

Xiao Qi scene.

I love scene when his soldiers complain about food. Then Xiao Qi speak nothing but join the qeueu and have less food of him. He is a true leader!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fenny Liong said:
10 hours ago, Kachan02 said:

I just know that Zidan want to kill Xiao Qi and cooperate with Helan zhen, Awu maid have arrangement married with general song..Its seems everybody wants Xiao Qi death..and its seems that Awu will difficult to pregnant again..

Sorry cannot help more coz I just know chinese little..

thanks. I was wondering why the spineless prince is meeting with hulas guy, I understand CP want to kill Awu so she met, but this guy want to kill Xiao Qi, ridiculous. So I’m not sure if he know what treatment Awu got. Anyway so he is planning on turning on him. So is everybody thinking if XQ is not there they will have easy access to Awu

idk if I shd be happy or sad abt general Song crushing hard for Awu, he even dreamt abt her and it seem to driving him crazy and that’s why he seem to have ok to marriage 

crushing on somebody is not harmful but I dread the day if he makes a bad move 

@Auniyshi S  idk what is father thinking to behave the way he behave

Spoiler

He goes for throne. I can’t believe he is not happy as a prime minister to CP. he can make decisions for him and have the highest power,  yet he does a stupid rebellion. If he loves his family he could have tot hard before making a move. So I guess his ambition come first before family 

• Shocked 1

I watched the raw too.  

Spoiler

Xiao Qi loves Awu so much, he let her dad go without her asking him for it.  :bawling:  I cried when she chased her dad.   I hope their love is super2 strong, seems like everybody around them want one of them killed or both.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1