[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Việc chia tay là không thể tránh khỏi .. Woong chỉ gặp vấn đề về giao tiếp thôi LoL. Anh ấy chỉ là một chàng trai điển hình với rất nhiều niềm tự hào. Tôi hiểu anh ấy muốn cung cấp cho Yumi sự an toàn và tất cả những điều đó nhưng cô ấy đã nói rõ rằng cô ấy ổn với việc chia sẻ. Cô ấy cũng không muốn bất kỳ khoản bồi thường nào cho chiếc bàn bị hư hỏng.

Cô ấy cũng liên tục cần sự trấn an mà tôi thừa nhận rằng tôi thấy khá mệt mỏi. LoL. Sau đó, một lần nữa cô ấy đã có những mối quan hệ thất bại trước khi cô ấy gặp Woong vì vậy tôi đoán cô ấy mong đợi quá nhiều .. quá sớm Idk? 

Và Woong vẫn giữ liên lạc với Sae Yi LoL nhưng ít nhất anh ấy rõ ràng với ranh giới của mình. Sae Yi cũng biết Yumi cảm thấy thế nào. Tôi chỉ không thích cách Yumi lắc lư mỗi khi cô ấy nghe thấy điều gì đó về quá khứ của Woong. 

2 kiểu này làm mình nhớ đến 1 cặp đôi trong chương trình thực tế "Heart Signal" eehehh. 

Có lẽ thời gian xa nhau sẽ tốt cho họ. Hãy hy vọng Bobby cũng không thực hiện hành động của mình LoL.

Eta: - Thứ 6 của Woong trong danh sách ưu tiên của anh ấy là "Bow WoW Time" cái gì-- ?! Và thật vui khi biết Yumi đã thăng hạng lên # 1.

The sign of Yumi's moved up to #1 from Woong's birthday, when Woong forgot her birthday but remembered her first day at work.
I am really sad. Woong doesn't say it and Yumi is too sensitive. Both need to communicate more clearly. Later, people often regret that they didn't do it, but rarely regret that they tried. I hope there will be an open ending tomorrow and Woong still has a chance in part 2.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I dont know why but I dont like the drama. Maybe if i didnt read the webtoon i might.

The production and acting are really very good and great chemistry from the leads. BUT

The made Yumi's character shallow and more selfish and kinda annoying. Sure people arent perfect but as a couple they both are OTT. Woong doesnt talk or share anything that important and relevant and 

Yumi thinks anything that doesnt aling with her values and thoughts are actions to be hurt. 

As a couple they need therapy 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@Chi Nguyễn Kim

Hello there!

Yeah it saddens me too that they're breaking up but they had too many issues built up y'know? It wasn't sudden. Woong held back over Sae Yi and now with his work. He just keeps too much to himself. Yumi wants to be involved in every part of his life which is understandable. But like I said she can be frustrating as well eheh. Bo Hyun and Go Eun also look cute together LoL. They have good chemistry.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Chi Nguyễn Kim

Hello there!

Yeah it saddens me too that they're breaking up but they had too many issues built up y'know? It wasn't sudden. Woong held back over Sae Yi and now with his work. He just keeps too much to himself. Yumi wants to be involved in every part of his life which is understandable. But like I said she can be frustrating as well eheh. Bo Hyun and Go Eun also look cute together LoL. They have good chemistry.

Yeah, I agree with you.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Well, they broke up.. still hurts though LoL. I think using loneliness as an excuse to get into relationships/marriage is no good imo.

That's something I can't quite grasp. I wish us humans/mankind don't have to deal with loneliness ever but.. we're just social creatures.

That or fear of dying alone.. anyways LoL. Gettin' too dark ha. Erm I wonder what's in Bobby's card though?? And Woong look good with his man bun. Also his business is taking off. Finally Ruby gets the message from Woo Gi. She's just a ditz (can't bring myself to like her still) and that's it folks. Adios!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Ah well, this was already a known fact yet it hurts and as I watched the 'recap' of their relationship, I realized I liked the drama because of Woong and the adorable animation.  It was quite an emotional scene, breaking up and bidding goodbye, going separate ways... right where you started the journey  at the fountain , 1 year 1 month 4 days ago. It breaks my heart to say goodbye to Woong. I wish life would give them a second chance. But it is not to be so. We wish you well Woong. Hope you find love again and are happy. :criesariver:Yes, he has issues. However, as they say, we learn something from every relationship, and hopefully, he learns to open up and communicate more often in his future relationship.

Ahn Bo Hyun looked great in his man-bun. He totally rocked it. He has found a fan in me. :Pandabulous:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Okay, finished the drama.

The breakup was inevitable - both Yumi and Woong had major issues communicating about their feelings and thoughts to each other. In the long run, such a relationship will just not work.

I liked the fountain scene, it was nicely done.

Has season 2 been confirmed? Seeing that the ratings were only 2% a season 2 seems hardly justified....?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Chingus, we have finally reached the end of our journey like Yumi and Woong. This has been quite an emotional journey for all of us. We laughed and cried with our favourite characters, animated or otherwise.

6 Times Ahn Bo Hyun Wore His Heart On His Sleeve In Episodes 3 & 4 Of “Yumi's  Cells” | Soompi

@partyon and I have put up a new poll. :piggydance:

Our one last hurrah, before we meet again on another drama thread / Season 2.  Please vote and let us know your thoughts. :heartxoxo:

Do reach out to us if you have any poll ideas.

Tagging chingus:

@mcdc @MrsSoJiSub @backstreetboysfan @Latte_Anyday @LanA @bee_wannabe @ChunSungIm @nikki7 @nina_mitrokhina @RobinM @Emily Bett 

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team  @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @confusedheart

• Like 5
  • Love 2

The End.

The relationship has ended.  Yumi & Woong are done.  The final look on Yumi's face said it all.  I was glad it was Woong who walked away first.  I still have a feeling Woong's new contract is not as lucrative as it seems or he's being forced to join where Sae Yi works to further his business prospects.  He didn't look like a man who was thrilled with what his partner just told him.  Knowing that Yumi is priority #1 on his list now, I feel he's letting her go rather than asking her to wait for him.

After finding out the whole webtoon storyline, I haven't been able to truly enjoy this series.  The looming breakup for this couple kept invading their happy moments....and yet the writers kept making us love them all the more.  Pride and Prejudice...they may have represented the most realistic couple that have loved but lose out in the end.  

Replaying their adorable romantic moments at the end of this episode made their breakup much more bittersweet.  I felt empty then angry that their storyline culminated on a series of missed opportunities.  The cells were such a unique way to showcase the inner thoughts of our couple.  That also made the misunderstandings between Yumi & Woong all the more frustrating. 

I'm sorry to say I don't have the heart to watch season 2.  The spirit of Woong lingers on and I'd rather just remember their last poignant scene and consider that to be the true end. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Blob 1

• partyon changed the title to [Drama 2021] Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young
On 10/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, partyon said:

Okay, finished the drama.

The breakup was inevitable - both Yumi and Woong had major issues communicating about their feelings and thoughts to each other. In the long run, such a relationship will just not work.

I liked the fountain scene, it was nicely done.

Has season 2 been confirmed? Seeing that the ratings were only 2% a season 2 seems hardly justified....?

The ratings aren’t really good but it’s a TVing web drama to begin with and it’s been doing well on TVing and iqiyi. The audience just aren’t the type to watch on TVs. And season 2 has started filming a long time ago and will end in Nov/Dec? Both TVN/TVing and BH posted cells and KGE & JY’s video to promote season 2 too. So season 2 is a must go :) 

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote GIFs, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yumi cells is hidden gem drama,rating is low maybe because its aired on 23.00 pm on tvn.

but  the drama its no 1 on ott platform tving beat hometown cha cha cha,well its a loss though this show isnt aired on netflix (to gain international viewers),but there so many viewers that like yumi cells,so low rating is not a problem.

even some kcelebs watch it and cant wait for season 2.

its realistic love storty and best adaptation webtoon right now,kim go eun totally korean sweethearts

she have chemistry with ahn bo hyun and jin young

can wait seonrok shin appears.

so if you upset because the team (woong team,bobby team) well i reminds you this is the story of yumi,her lovelife and her cells.

FDFDtssVgAA2rp6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

S1 Ep 13-14 Review :

My heart feels heavy as I finished this, its true and Real that LOVE is NOT the solution to everything, a relationship needs communication and understanding. Not Everyone can love like you do.

These last episodes I did not see the Cells, Kim Go Eun won my heart here, she was the Major focus and her emotional changes as Yumi.

Truly I felt her emotions here, If we were not shown how Wung feels inside his head <FYI HIS RATIONAL CELL IS THE DUMBEST!> , from Yumi's end it does look as if Wung was just not as into her as she was, he shrugged her concerns off, did not try to contact when Yumi asked for some time off, Meets Sae Yi and then makes it look as if he heard her not coming to the wedding from a third person , His Subtle ignOrance and manipulation was Not a Smart Move. Women Can sense fishyness when you do act like that. Agreed he had no evil intentions but it does HURT! It felt as if Her Love was not enough to make him realize her absence. Yumi You deserve better .

:crybaby:

But still Wung is a precious gem who has Pride, Men and their Pride are as simple as complex they are. His lack of communication and doing extra when told Not to didn't help. Wung also Loved Yumi a hell lot but his way of expressing stuff was not what she understood. It hurts because we were shown how he felt &it made the entire break up much more hard to accept than it should have been as a viewer. Their communication method and timing wasn't right.

Sad Ice Cream GIF

I wish S2 changes something & Woomi becomes the end game where Wung learns to speak up and achieves his Goals too! And Yumi's Love is returned the way she wants too. As for Babi, not effective enough yet to comment much tbh, all I see is a supportive friend who is interested in her from his perspective but not that Hogging which I like. But is he that well to erase Woong's presence , Nope. Wung is just so prominent here, like everyone says, when he is dedicated He is SUPER Nice and Practical and the DREAM GUY , but when he isn't No one can be more frustrating than he is!!!!

But again Babi has not been shown much as a personality even except that he likes to be a runner to escape the urge to call his EX and is interested in a colleague with letter U.

YUMI DESERVES BETTER, SHE IS LOYAL AND CAN FORGO HERSELF , EVEN IF A GUY IS NOT MAKING HER THE NO. 1 PRIORITY, MAKE HER ONE WHEN SHE NEEDS IT THE MOST!!!! DON'T SHRUG HER REACTIONS AND CONCERNS OFF!!!!! 

S1 Final Rating 8.8/10, short of 9 because of Pace issues.

S2 come soon.

• Like 2

On his last interview in soompi Ahn Bo Hyun the lead actor of season 1 said that although season 2 has started filming, he has not yet filmed any scenes, and he does not have a script but might that he will appear, so we can already assume that he does not have a lead role in this season 2, although I do not know which episode they are currently filming
But I wonder if there will be a season 3

On 11/8/2021 at 7:40 AM, marrez1 said:

On his last interview in soompi Ahn Bo Hyun the lead actor of season 1 said that although season 2 has started filming, he has not yet filmed any scenes, and he does not have a script but might that he will appear, so we can already assume that he does not have a lead role in this season 2, although I do not know which episode they are currently filming
But I wonder if there will be a season 3

I don't think there's going to be a season 3. Someone posted fancams during the shoot and Kim Goeun and Jinyoung were outside a grocery while it's raining and Kim Goeun is holding her umbrella. This reminded me of the scene in the webtoon where Soonrok and Yumi walked home together using Yumi's umbrella. I think the writers combined Babi and Soonrok's story from the webtoon so there's only going to be a Season 2. 

• Like 1

Yumi's Cells Completes 14 Episode Series With Thoughtful and Realistic Ending As tvN Confirms 2022 Season 2 Production

FELgXckX0AQ4Ihi?format=jpg&name=small

November 13, 2021

Unfortunately, this is the final wrapper of TVN romance and life drama of Cells Oyeto two weeks later, October-November was a wild month for me with a two-week quarantine in a hotel to go to my parents in Asia (  you can guess which country, laughs) and then rushing back four days later, so much crazy frenzy.  Returning to my usual routine, I revisited the last four episodes of Yumi Cages and found myself so moved by the detailed, mature and unfortunately realistic development of the story and the central relationship between the protagonists Yumi and Woon.  It’s not surprising that they broke up at the end, but I was only sad and not heartbroken, because by the end they both came to the realization that they were still potentially suitable for each other, but definitely not at this stage in their lives.  So love overtook life and no one was to blame.

Spoiler

FELhCXJXMAMJDjB?format=jpg&name=small

Bobby looming as a future love interest is not even relevant, the final episodes just plunged us into Yumi's inner life even deeper than before, so in the end we were all there when she made decisions that didn't hurt, but,  perhaps it won't hurt later if it means that you don't have to choose the one you love, but is not suitable for you as a life partner.  I loved this drama and it made me love Kim Go Eun again as an actress for his sheer talent, and Ahn Bo Hyun showed the flexibility of his acting muscles to fully cement himself as a leading male role in various genres.  I really felt like the story wasn't over because the webtoon continued and luckily tvN gave the green light for season two, so hooray!

FELhCN1XEAI1f8P?format=jpg&name=900x900

FELhCSeXEAUoXiQ?format=jpg&name=small

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/11/13/yumis-cells-finishes-14-episode-run-with-thoughtful-and-realistic-ending-as-tvn-confirms-production-on-season-2-for-2022/