[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

1 minute ago, andy78 said:

Thanks  for updates !!!I so wanted him not to be guilty!!!Now they'll have to start again...all Ondal scenes !!!Many scenes for sure!!!

Unfortunately many scenes . Maybe they cut some scenes . In this way they finish faster :criesariver:

• Unamused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Maybe they cut some scenes . In this way they finish faster 

And it was such a beautiful story ...fascinating characters !!!I only hope they'll find a great actor to replace Jisoo!!!

• Like 3

KBS 2TV's "River Where The Moon Rises" reportedly looking for an actor to replace Actor Jisoo from the drama

According to News1 on the 4th, KBS 2TV's "River Where The Moon Rises" has decided to drop out Actor Jisoo from the drama after close discussion.

The production team is reportedly looking for an actor to replace Jisoo. However, they are discussing various measures in the future. Details such as the appearance of Jisoo and the timing of his successor's appearance are undecided.

Netizens comments :

- Oh. 

- Wow. 

- Ah, the production crew must be have a hard time ㅠㅠ

- The production crew and the actors are going through a lot.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

- Wow, what's going to happen?

- Heol. 

- The blood that's been stamped on.

- Aigoo.. 

- Wow this is good ㅠㅠ 

- Right, change him. 

- Are we going to film it again? Or are you filming the rest of what you've filmed?

- Whoa... 

https://www.storykpop.com/2021/03/kbs-2tvs-river-where-moon-rises.html

19 minutes ago, andy78 said:

And it was such a beautiful story ...fascinating characters !!!I only hope they'll find a great actor to replace Jisoo!!!

How about Lee Jae wook ?

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Breeze said:

How about Lee Jae wook ?

he is a good actor...now i have to get used to the idea ...Jisoo did a great job as Ondal will be hard to replace him...i feel so bad for the drama team ...more than 90%filmed imagine how they feel?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, andy78 said:

he is a good actor...now i have to get used to the idea ...Jisoo did a great job as Ondal will be hard to replace him...i feel so bad for the drama team ...more than 90%filmed imagine how they feel?

If we feel so sad , ı can't think of them. They filmed the drama with cold weather and Covid. And now they have to film again.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, kimjojo said:

Btw are they going to broadcast it from the ep 1 with new ml? Or will they start from ep 7?

good question...i wonder about that too...i think they 'll have to do it from ep 1...even to change the trailers...hard work...

• Like 2

I

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

good question...i wonder about that too...i think they 'll have to do it from ep 1...even to change the trailers...hard work...

If that happened then I guess we will have to wait long. :( And here I was thinking we will get a new drama casting news. Btw who do you think should be the male lead?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, kimjojo said:

Btw who do you think should be the male lead?

I can't give you an answer yet ...i have to get used to the idea ...i so wanted not to be true so he can finish the drama...

16 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Please don't forget to vote in the poll above 

i voted!!!let's see if i'm right!!!

5 hours ago, agenth said:

I haven't seen Episode 6 yet as this week I am a bit under stress and since the scandal broke my motivation was dwindling. Now I read that KBS is considering replacing Ji Soo with another actor, which is probably better than cancelling the show. I am disappointed, and disgusted. Somehow I had hope that these allegations would be untrue, not because I am calling anyone liar, but because I didn't want it to be true.

Anyway, Kang Ha-Neul would be a great choice, even if people complain that there is a "considerable" age gap between him and So-Hyun. Ha-Neul would bring back good attention to the drama again.

I totally understand and feel you! I haven’t watched episode 6 either because of Jisoo’s scandal.. My motivation to watch it is also low :(

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

Jisoo decided to leave the drama 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0005203190?lfrom=twitter

Insider . You can check on Asianwiki .

Sigh, I can’t say that I’m surprised because I’m sure we all expected this coming, but I’m still disappointed...

2 hours ago, kimjojo said:

Btw are they going to broadcast it from the ep 1 with new ml? Or will they start from ep 7?

I feel like they would start from episode 7? I mean they already filmed and aired everything from episode 1-6..

I’m curious to see what the drama will do, moving forward. I feel like cutting out all of On Dal’s scenes will ruin the plot so I don’t think they should do that... I wonder who they’ll bring in for the new male lead and if they’re going to have to start reshooting scenes with the male lead from episode 7 on?

Sigh... with all of this happening with the drama, my motivation to watch the drama in general is just gone :brokenheart:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Breeze said:

KBS 2TV's "River Where The Moon Rises" reportedly looking for an actor to replace Actor Jisoo from the drama

According to News1 on the 4th, KBS 2TV's "River Where The Moon Rises" has decided to drop out Actor Jisoo from the drama after close discussion.

The production team is reportedly looking for an actor to replace Jisoo. However, they are discussing various measures in the future. Details such as the appearance of Jisoo and the timing of his successor's appearance are undecided.

Netizens comments :

- Oh. 

- Wow. 

- Ah, the production crew must be have a hard time ㅠㅠ

- The production crew and the actors are going through a lot.  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

- Wow, what's going to happen?

- Heol. 

- The blood that's been stamped on.

- Aigoo.. 

- Wow this is good ㅠㅠ 

- Right, change him. 

- Are we going to film it again? Or are you filming the rest of what you've filmed?

- Whoa... 

https://www.storykpop.com/2021/03/kbs-2tvs-river-where-moon-rises.html

How about Lee Jae wook ?

Looks like the netizens are reacting positively to it and are sympathising with the production, which is good.If they stop now and come back a couple of months after shooting then there’s a chance it can retain its ratings. Since audience aren’t holding the production accountable, which the would , had they kept the same actor. 

apparently, Ji Soo has not been removed from the cast yet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, andy78 said:

They won't refilm what's aired. Just like in Joseon Survival, they'll reduce the episode numbers and recast the rest of the  unaired episodes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kvothe said:

They won't refilm what's aired. Just like in Joseon Survival, they'll reduce the episode numbers and recast the rest of the  unaired episodes.

i did not watched Joseon Survival... i hope they'll find somebody who looks very much like Jisoo...same weight ,height,hair color...It won't be easy ...

• Like 3

I don’t think they will find someone that looks like JiSoo.  If anything, they should find someone who looks totally different to distance him from the scandal associated with JiSoo.  I get the feeling that given the overwhelming support and sympathy from the audiences for the current cast (and circumstances), that whoever steps in would be given a fair bit of leeway.  The new male lead will be seen as a messianic figure coming in to salvage what he can from a bad situation.  Unless they reshoot the beginning scenes over again after they finish shooting what hasn’t been aired, this drama will always have that stain tagged with it.  I pity poor KSH who will have to bond with the new ML instantaneously.  I can’t imagine having to film the same scenes over again with someone else and get dejavu moments from the first time. :blink:.  Poor thing.

Whilst Kang HaNeul would be ideal but he actually turned down the offer to play OD (but agreed to cameo) - such irony, I am not sure he will pick it up again?  I think he had scheduling conflicts.  Not sure what his schedule is like now. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421434wpp/son-ye-jin-and-kang-ha-neul-in-talks-to-lead-new-historical-drama

• Like 2

Actor Na In Woo Will Reportedly Replace Ji Soo In KBS Drama “River Where the Moon Rises”

KBS may have their replacement.

Actor Na In Woo will reportedly replace Ji Soo as On Dal in KBS2 drama River Where the Moon Rises following Ji Soo’s bullying allegations

95QZVNQPCUvR0i3RZmRh0CVWk0VWbpHYu2SsL5t59-i4APiOwVJSsQpIwcsIRrfeX5R4ZVj_IBHWD5Ff36dDYgHwVPFVDxbTI-qdO3tAeXXfNg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | GM Pictures

According to an exclusive report from Osen, Na In Woo will replace Ji Soo as On Dal in River Where the Moon Risesafter completing his role successfully in tvN drama Mr. Queen.

KBS has been holding meetings to determine whether Ji Soo would stay on with the drama following his bullying accusations, and reports stated that KBS decided to have Ji Soo drop out from the drama. However, over 95% of the drama has already been filmed, creating a logistics issues as the production team still has yet to decide whether keep Ji Soo’s parts, or to refilm them.

KBS still has plans to officially announce the future of the drama later today. The production company for River Where the Moon Rises stated that nothing has been decided as of yet.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-na-in-woo-will-reportedly-replace-ji-soo-in-kbs-drama-river-moon-rises/?fbclid=IwAR2KcyFeWByA17snTbsi5-H7DKMblNGulrENf8N_AOHJhiydwaA2hDsaBzE

woah! That’s fast!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, sal2 said:

We have our new On Dal!  Hope for the best for the drama team.

what can i say?good luck...

6 minutes ago, yeli said:

However, over 95% of the drama has already been filmed, creating a logistics issues as the production team still has yet to decide whether keep Ji Soo’s parts, or to refilm them.

they should refilm them i think

• Like 2

I really feel sorry for the cast and crew.  What a difficult situation they have been put in because of Ji Soo's horrible actions.  They have all filmed for so long in very difficult conditions, were so close to the end and this happens :tears: 

Thanks @sal2 @yeli @Breeze

It is very good news they have found a new actor so quickly and Na In Woo is tall, good-looking and quitetalented. He caught my attention in his supporting role in Mystic Pop-Up Bar and he just had a big supporting role in the very popular Mr Queen drama so he has gained a lot of interest recently. I believe this is his first leading role. It's a pity it has happened in this way but I am sure he will do a good job.  I hope people will continue to support the drama, the remaining actors and Na In Woo as this isn't their fault and they worked as quickly as possible to find a solution.

Good thing is they have only aired 6 episodes but bad thing is they have shot 18 episodes already:pensive:  Does anyone know what the plan is exactly? Will they go back and start filming episode 7 onwards with Na In Woo?  I think it would be too expensive to go all the way back to episode 1-2 and start re-filming his scenes?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Let's look at this from a positive angle. Maybe he'll be replaced with a veteran actor that can act better. The story just began and got into its starting point and we have not seen  serious, intense acting from the male lead. Maybe a different actor can add a better dimension to the role and Jisoo's part will be about the Young, eager Ondal while the other actor can play a more mature and manly Ondal. It's bit better than Joseon Survival,, we're only six episodes in and im willing to wait if it has better quality and depth. As the drama is good and they deal with it well, who cares? The audience is on board with their decision anyway.

• Like 4