[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Good ep today and enjoyed the scene with Cha Young and Vincenzo in his home.  Although he lied to her about having killed people.  I'm starting to think that the brother is not afraid of Jun Woo as if he just playing the role and waiting to play his card to try and prove he is more ruthless.  Once the brother finds out he like Cha Young, he may use it to try and destroy him.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Episode 9, was intense, I did like the Cha Young and Vincenzo  scenes :wub:.

2 hours ago, hell59 said:

Hello, I am new on this thread but a longtime soompier. Could someone explain to me the ending of today's episode? What was with the bloody bucket and the  burnt stuff? Thank you!

Hi and welcome to the thread! :)

• Like 3

The car scene in front of the hotel is comedy gold. I couldn’t stop laughing because of Chayoung lol. Was she really expecting him to kiss her? And then when she got out of the car, Vincenzo made sure to make her think he was waiting for her before driving off. I love both of them. 
how sweet was it that Mr Nam stepped out of the group circle but they all told him to come back. That scene was so sweet. 
Chayoung really doesn’t care about Vinnie’s personal space. That scene where she was standing behind him in the kitchen, they are literally about 1cm away from face touching but then again Vin came as close to Chayoung when opening the car door. My Chayenzo heart❤️ 

Edited by Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

CY KNOW vincenzo  dark past

Spoiler

I think CY already know that vincenzo  was involved  in more darkness  acts in Italy,  like killing and she only asking in that funny manner  for him 

Just like how she catch that he a mafia, and catch he was the one who did the pillow  things in Jang house. She smart and  catch hints fast and  have good street  smart feeling ,as she tell him many time 

" do you think I am stupid  to not notice  all that" 

That why she asked him to promise  they will not harm people  lives and  before that  ask him for the driver death ( she know he can do that from the start and he was so clam even after she told him the  news of driver death, so no way she didnt understand  the true)

And when he ask if she will cut ties  with him if she know he killed  people, she said " it not the issue; it just will make him someone different ( from far away)" she  wasn't even suprised 

Cy smart , she know and possibly  90% sure but she making the easy manner  for him to be relax  around her, just like she play along about not known he a mafia  before 

I dont think his past is a problem  to her, she start to admire  the one who now standing infront  if her, and she not that innocent  she know that world need some darkness.  I think she only trying to give him psychology  space to come in term with his past 

She know that he thinking he dont deserve  love and happiness, she totally  catching the meaning  behind his words everytime( but yeh vincenzo  should never underestimate  her smartness  and fast catching  things , he never learn when she the one  who trick him everytime ) 

Vincenzo  mother 

Spoiler

I like how they explain  the mother reason for leaving  him, and seeing the over protection  and control freak vincenzo  was good, that how he look when he care  about someone , leave the coolness  out of the room 

The mother had a very sad life , really a single  mother in young age ( husband  leaving or death) , no family to really one , a danger cancer  in young age with late stage, have to  leave her son fearing she will die and he will be throwing in street, miracle  recovery after 4 years of fighting  the sickness  , she probably  go to find her son and discover  he was adopt  overseas, living with guilt  about her son

And if that ak not enough  , while trying to work hard  she was harrassment by her boss and fram for his death and spend years on prison  and had to face the cancer  once again :heartbreak:

Yeh vincenzo  , she really mean it when she said that life not sweet for everyone  , for some no matter  what you do things always  go wrong 

That explains  why she so weak and has mo well to fight for her life or her  rights now 

The family's  of the victims 

Spoiler

They break my heart, first it was so sweet that they keep connected  and even have meal together, it was so nice  to show us how they have  difficulty since people  blame  them for asking for their rights , it was admirable  that they stand strong for that pressure and they even trying to live happy  and go for trip 

But all that warm heart feeling, touching  moment  turn anger and sadness  when they just kill them ( the most innocent  one of this war) 

I understand  that vincenzo  and even CY  will  decide  to throw the rules out now, no mercy, no rules let just make them pay ( I am a viewer  and I want to go and destroy  the company and JW head ) 

And for Vincenzo  it not  just about  justice  for him , he lived with rules, dont hurt innocent  that have nothing  to do with big players, dont hurt women  and children, eyes for eyes , never leave a warning  without  replying  

And he did feel something  for the victims  family so it worse now for him; it was the first someone thanking him for doing good, treating him as a hero and give him warm hug and see his wrong doing as good thing for good case,   

JW 

Spoiler

JW , oh JW 

You not just evil rich guy , you totally  psycho  it not just about money and power  it about your sick soul which refuses anyone  or anything that dont treat it as special  

You crazy , yeh it not about fighting  evil company  and money lovers  people  who dont care about live 

It about fighting  a crazy and psycho  person who enjoy  destroying  and killing and he just happened  to have all that money and power 

There a reason that the brother fear you so much , he probably  saw more crazy then that and killing the father, he know that JW  even without money and power can and will by himself hunt him  and make him suffer  before  killing him if he betray  or anger him 

Dear ex prosecutor  do you understand  now which  side you choice  , no punishment  more then have to deal with this crazy boss 

Live in fear he will lose his mind once at you ( she not easy she probably  will be the last to stand beside  JW but she has to live in danger  too ) 

CY for JW 

Spoiler

JW brother is right, he never  think twist before killing their father, he kill a powerful prosecutor  for anger him and underestimate his company power 

So why not killing CY till now , when she the reason behind all what happened   

It not about love , not about training  with good partner as he said since when he know vincenzo  true he will order his killing ( since he realse he dealing with someone  who can do what he do , killing without thinking)

CY is stubborn  goal for Jw, he want her, she was someone  strange, different and crazy  and unique then others around him, he liked her ,  he though she   the only one who  can match with him; he can make her queen and she can rules in  crazy way  like him 

He lose her,and  as he said before "why wasting your talent  on those things", since he think she had the ability  to be beside him as his partner  as his queen 

JW cant lose , he hate losing , he will only kill CY  when he admit he lost her forever,  that he unable  to have her back ( and he dont want to admit that yet it hurt his pride ) 

He crazy but he has fantasy  about her; even now he think he can at some point force her to back to his side, thinking I can win her when I show her how I can win against her and make her admire  me ( yeh that his logic, control people  by over powering  them or by fear) 

But when he admit he really lose , then it when he will be more scary with her then he did with anyone  in his life 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I've been rewatching Arthdal Chronicles ep 12 because of Joong Ki and Sung Cheol's interaction in previous episode..

:kisslevel:

I just finnished watching ep 9 with full sub. I dare to say that

both of V and JW had the same weakness: H.C.Y!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

JW's character is such a mood :rolleyes: cutest villain... 

Edited by holyfea
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Seems like the PD and writer knows exactly what you wish for @raziela. Jun Woo has upped the game. 

Just finished fully watching it. I got chills all over my body watching the last sequences. Personally i like how the PD highlight the contrast of the joy the villains experience at the cost of others' misery in dramatic music. Because i can totally picture those things happen in real life. 

Anybody think that the geumga couple is actually more than they seem to be? At first i thought the guy is just bluffing about his martial art skill. But the last episode shows the opposite. And the ear, will it trigger VC because from the flashback there's glimpse of him torturing a person by hurting his ear. 

Saw this on twitter. There's no way HS couldnt differentiate between JW's calm, intimidating, but approving reaction when he found out HS bullying the executives and firing them without his concern and JW's impulsive reaction when he found out HS tried to hurt CY.

And Han Seo! He's getting more and more interesting. I agree that he'll play a big role in bringing down JW, but just cant predict which way it will be. Kwak Dong Yeon is brilliant. His sudden change from being terrified of what he's seen to pretending to be angry and show his power to the chief prosecutor at his brother's cue left me in awe. Also his sudden change in calmly eating after his brother's sudden rage in the tweet above. 

7 hours ago, hell59 said:

Hello, I am new on this thread but a longtime soompier. Could someone explain to me the ending of today's episode? What was with the bloody bucket and the  burnt stuff? Thank you!

I also wonder what that could be. I can only guess from the flashback that it maybe VC's lighter? It's like JW's way to warn and threaten him. It's like he's saying, "i know what you and these people did to my warehouse. I'm letting you live since you're interesting enough to be my sparring partner, but these 'useless' people need to pay for having the audacity to touch my belonging."

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

I'm so nervous for tonight's ep, CY and VC will found out who is Babo, but on the other hand, JW will know that VC is a mafia, and he might used it to get VC arressted and deported. Not to mention VC has a lot of enemy in Italy. JW might ask them for help.

well all know that, JW will stop at nothing, So far, there are two major weaknesses of VC : CY and his mother, and the people at the plaza mighy be in danger too.

VC will need help, I think HS and the undercover cop might play a major role in bringing JW down, as the half brother is not as dimwit as he seems.

Hopefuly in tonite's ep CY and VC will make them pay, and it will be refresing like cidar. I had enough depressing ep.

• Like 4

One of my favorite  funny  scene of ep 9 when CY eat vincenzo  food and he looked like going to kill her and he say " if you was in Italy you will be already " and he stop himself  from saying his favorite  words " already buried  in   vineyard " 

He prove that his meals is dangerous  spot to touch or run

And i was like " oh man she could be in that vineyard  for so many others reason, just think  what she made you do till now " :joy:

CY and the birds always  win against  vincenzo ( CY maybe ending  raising that bird) 

Edit we have new still a guns war coming 

0000725151_001_20210321132532129.jpg?typ

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

What an amazing episode! So much happened in episode 9 and so many thoughts. We had so many great moments between our OTP, finally got my wish and saw JJW get a lot more active and what a complete psychopath (@bee_wannabe;)), some genuinely shocking moments, Vincenzo kicking RickRoll'D and being cool, Vincenzo looking after his Mum in his own way, Cha Young being Cha Young, a lot of genuinely laugh out loud moments and a devastating ending. Also huge credit to the director, cinematographer and music director because that final montage was incredibly powerful

The night time conversation between Vincenzo and Cha Young was one of my favourite moments and it was a great insight into Vincenzo's vulnerability and trauma. My theory is aside from all the murders he committed in his line of work, Vincenzo main trauma and shame is he accidentally killed or injured a child.  If you watch the last few images in his nightmare: you see him shoot someone in a car, start to light a cigarette, notice something in the car, a look of shock and then a shot of a stuffed toy. 

Just in case anyone isn't aware the repeated use of sweet potatoes ("goguma" in Korean)  was kind of an inside joke. Notice when Cha Young sops eating the sweet potatoes because she is superstitious it will mess up their plans.  We see in the end all their actions in the previous episodes turn out to be futile and Babel is still winning and on top. The opposite sweet potatoes of this is "cider" which is something refreshing. So let's hope we will see our favourites drinking some soft drinks in the next episodes!

Better explanation here https://www.hapskorea.com/10-second-korean-goguma/

고구마 [ goguma ] & 사이다 [ saida ]
고구마 is ‘sweet potato’. However, these days 고구마 is increasingly used as an adjective or a noun to express the speaker’s frustrated or impatient feeling about a situation or a person, the feeling similar to what you may feel when you eat sweet potato without any beverage.

ex)

아… 우리 고구마 사장님! (Ah… my 고구마 president!) (the president makes workers frustrated, not listening or not being able to understand what workers say.)

A) 남자친구에게 모든 다 가르쳐야 해. (I have to teach my boyfriend everything.) B) 고구마 남친이네. (I guess he is a 고구마 boyfriend.)

사이다 is from ‘cider’ and it means a soda drink such as Sprite in Korea. But it is often used as the opposite meaning to 고구마 above by Koreans. When you have sweet potato and you feel uneasy and stuff, if you drink ‘사이다’, you feel great and happy. 사이다 is used to express that kind of feeling.

22 hours ago, tiMadam said:

Good ep today and enjoyed the scene with Cha Young and Vincenzo in his home.  Although he lied to her about having killed people.  I'm starting to think that the brother is not afraid of Jun Woo as if he just playing the role and waiting to play his card to try and prove he is more ruthless.  Once the brother finds out he like Cha Young, he may use it to try and destroy him.

Han Seo is definitely playing dumb and has his own plans to take his brother down eventually.  He's definitely noticed that Jang Jun Woo always aims his vitriol at Vincenzo but never Cha Young.  JJW's reaction when he finds out Han Seo sent his goons after Cha Young confirmed his Han Seo's suspicions

21 hours ago, hell59 said:

Welcome to the thread:waves:  The relatives of the Babal Pharmaceuticals victims allegedly committed mass suicide.  They pile of debris in the car are charcoal briquettes which when burned in an enclosed space release toxic carbon monoxide gas which can kill. Vincenzo used fire to get back at Babel when they burned down the factory and now Babel have used fire to take revenge and kill the relatives who participated.

15 hours ago, nona88 said:

CY KNOW vincenzo  dark past

Reveal hidden contents

I think CY already know that vincenzo  was involved  in more darkness  acts in Italy,  like killing and she only asking in that funny manner  for him 

Just like how she catch that he a mafia, and catch he was the one who did the pillow  things in Jang house. She smart and  catch hints fast and  have good street  smart feeling ,as she tell him many time 

" do you think I am stupid  to not notice  all that" 

That why she asked him to promise  they will not harm people  lives and  before that  ask him for the driver death ( she know he can do that from the start and he was so clam even after she told him the  news of driver death, so no way she didnt understand  the true)

And when he ask if she will cut ties  with him if she know he killed  people, she said " it not the issue; it just will make him someone different ( from far away)" she  wasn't even suprised 

Cy smart , she know and possibly  90% sure but she making the easy manner  for him to be relax  around her, just like she play along about not known he a mafia  before 

I dont think his past is a problem  to her, she start to admire  the one who now standing infront  if her, and she not that innocent  she know that world need some darkness.  I think she only trying to give him psychology  space to come in term with his past 

She know that he thinking he dont deserve  love and happiness, she totally  catching the meaning  behind his words everytime( but yeh vincenzo  should never underestimate  her smartness  and fast catching  things , he never learn when she the one  who trick him everytime ) 

Vincenzo  mother 

Hide contents

I like how they explain  the mother reason for leaving  him, and seeing the over protection  and control freak vincenzo  was good, that how he look when he care  about someone , leave the coolness  out of the room 

The mother had a very sad life , really a single  mother in young age ( husband  leaving or death) , no family to really one , a danger cancer  in young age with late stage, have to  leave her son fearing she will die and he will be throwing in street, miracle  recovery after 4 years of fighting  the sickness  , she probably  go to find her son and discover  he was adopt  overseas, living with guilt  about her son

And if that ak not enough  , while trying to work hard  she was harrassment by her boss and fram for his death and spend years on prison  and had to face the cancer  once again :heartbreak:

Yeh vincenzo  , she really mean it when she said that life not sweet for everyone  , for some no matter  what you do things always  go wrong 

That explains  why she so weak and has mo well to fight for her life or her  rights now 

The family's  of the victims 

Hide contents

They break my heart, first it was so sweet that they keep connected  and even have meal together, it was so nice  to show us how they have  difficulty since people  blame  them for asking for their rights , it was admirable  that they stand strong for that pressure and they even trying to live happy  and go for trip 

But all that warm heart feeling, touching  moment  turn anger and sadness  when they just kill them ( the most innocent  one of this war) 

I understand  that vincenzo  and even CY  will  decide  to throw the rules out now, no mercy, no rules let just make them pay ( I am a viewer  and I want to go and destroy  the company and JW head ) 

And for Vincenzo  it not  just about  justice  for him , he lived with rules, dont hurt innocent  that have nothing  to do with big players, dont hurt women  and children, eyes for eyes , never leave a warning  without  replying  

And he did feel something  for the victims  family so it worse now for him; it was the first someone thanking him for doing good, treating him as a hero and give him warm hug and see his wrong doing as good thing for good case,   

JW 

Hide contents

JW , oh JW 

You not just evil rich guy , you totally  psycho  it not just about money and power  it about your sick soul which refuses anyone  or anything that dont treat it as special  

You crazy , yeh it not about fighting  evil company  and money lovers  people  who dont care about live 

It about fighting  a crazy and psycho  person who enjoy  destroying  and killing and he just happened  to have all that money and power 

There a reason that the brother fear you so much , he probably  saw more crazy then that and killing the father, he know that JW  even without money and power can and will by himself hunt him  and make him suffer  before  killing him if he betray  or anger him 

Dear ex prosecutor  do you understand  now which  side you choice  , no punishment  more then have to deal with this crazy boss 

Live in fear he will lose his mind once at you ( she not easy she probably  will be the last to stand beside  JW but she has to live in danger  too ) 

CY for JW 

Hide contents

JW brother is right, he never  think twist before killing their father, he kill a powerful prosecutor  for anger him and underestimate his company power 

So why not killing CY till now , when she the reason behind all what happened   

It not about love , not about training  with good partner as he said since when he know vincenzo  true he will order his killing ( since he realse he dealing with someone  who can do what he do , killing without thinking)

CY is stubborn  goal for Jw, he want her, she was someone  strange, different and crazy  and unique then others around him, he liked her ,  he though she   the only one who  can match with him; he can make her queen and she can rules in  crazy way  like him 

He lose her,and  as he said before "why wasting your talent  on those things", since he think she had the ability  to be beside him as his partner  as his queen 

JW cant lose , he hate losing , he will only kill CY  when he admit he lost her forever,  that he unable  to have her back ( and he dont want to admit that yet it hurt his pride ) 

He crazy but he has fantasy  about her; even now he think he can at some point force her to back to his side, thinking I can win her when I show her how I can win against her and make her admire  me ( yeh that his logic, control people  by over powering  them or by fear) 

But when he admit he really lose , then it when he will be more scary with her then he did with anyone  in his life 

Great analyses.  Really like your thoughts about JJW's feelings about Cha Young. I have been trying to figure out what his feelings for her.  He obviously cares about her some way as he seems determined not to hurt her but at the same time he doesn't care about hurting those around her or having her arrested. But we can also see he is anxious calling her. I think this is the only time we have ever seen him not be completely confident. 

14 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Seems like the PD and writer knows exactly what you wish for @raziela. Jun Woo has upped the game. 

Just finished fully watching it. I got chills all over my body watching the last sequences. Personally i like how the PD highlight the contrast of the joy the villains experience at the cost of others' misery in dramatic music. Because i can totally picture those things happen in real life. 

Anybody think that the geumga couple is actually more than they seem to be? At first i thought the guy is just bluffing about his martial art skill. But the last episode shows the opposite. And the ear, will it trigger VC because from the flashback there's glimpse of him torturing a person by hurting his ear. 

Yes, that final scene was chilling as you can see the evil side casually enjoying themselves as if innocent people haven't died.  Up until episode 9 I thought Attorney Han was a cowardly, crooked, boot-licker but not completely evil like Choi Myung Hee and Jun Woo.  He was obviously the one who was most shaken by JJW's horrific murder of the prosecutor (kind of hilarious how he was hiding behind Choi Myung Hee afterwards:lol:) but in the end he decided to let go of his conscience and completely cross the line of no return.  Same with Han Seo - before I thought he was more of a hapless victim who might team up with Jipuragi but now it's clear he is twisted and dangerous in his own way.

Still not that interested in the GP residents but Mr and Mrs Han were useful this episode. It looks like they do actually have a fighting abilities (maybe they were wrestlers or MMA fighters previously?) so they might be helpful later on.  Also the depleted gang have turned over a new leaf and joined the GP residents to open a...travel agency. We even got another little COVID joke:lol:

Can anyone confirm if the good Prosecutor Jung In-Guk was killed too?  Seems like he was one of the few good prosecutors and would have made a good ally for Jipuragi team.  I know Director Gil is dead but I couldn't make out who the other dead bodies were in the house.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I'm still sceptical about JW feeling towards CY....love or what :crazymad:

JW is damn scary T_T

HS is definitely has something under his sleeve :neutral:

Luckily am still laugh at the comedic scene lol oh my inzaghi coo coooo :joy:

If I'm not mistaken, that kind of ear is formed when you involve in martial art type eg judo (the beanie man)

• Like 5

Spoiler. 

Spoiler

The last few scenes of ep 10 was great we saw vincenzo  mafia  mood 

We get the warm hug from CY to him but we also get the scene  where they figure  out who JW is

That scene was so great and warm but so scary too 

Not just cause they know the true but the look at jw  face seeing CY  death worry  about vincenzo  , seeing her hugging  him like that 

That look on his face , ah he finally  admit to himself  he lost her that what I said will be the scariest  things when she nothing  but enemy  and a weakness of enemy  

All ep 10 was great from the start to the end another so much happen  episode  and so much different emotional 

What more important  I understand from ep 10 that the people  at plaza  they all have secrets  and hidden  identity  and power I will not suprised  they all hide from dark past and trying to live normally now 

Yesterday  we had the powerful  husband  and wife and today we get the cloth cleaning  man  they weren't  definitely  not normal  people in past 

They going to make the best new  family  for vincenzo  who can accept  him with his past

• Like 8
  • Love 3

41 minutes ago, shinystar1985 said:

How am I supposed to wait another week for the next episode?! :bawling: 

Good question! My heart is still beating fast from tonite ep! Both out of suspense and Vinnie's mafia mode hotness.. 

Rejoice people! We got a hug tonite! Its just a matter of time before the kiss..

• Like 8
  • Love 1