[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

13 hours ago, ryanallright said:

So far from what I see, I feel that this drama will have an open ending for Vincenzo and CY r/s 

Open ending is very possible specially if they are aiming for second season.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 3

After ep 10 

CY definitely  sure what kind of man vincenzo  was, again she sub asked him to be that man, not the normal  lawyer  ( she dont him to do that in the same time but she totally  understood  what he is and understand  how it neccessary sometimes) 

Vincenzo  too, he  not hide it anymore from her, the fact that  he caused innocent  death again( he has trauma  from his flashback for killing once innocent and maybe a child too) that feeling again make him show his real face infront of CY  before others

He tell her his law, he tell her I am going to kill just like that, and her reaction  to seeing  his dark face while talking about how he will the one who judge  brove she already know that he was like that( he kill before)

I Like how in the end scene when she run to hug him even after he was just finished killing and tournament  had so much affection on him, I guess he though that she will have hard time to accept  seeing him doing all that even if she approve  before 

But she run to him,  hugged  him like that , was crying from  worry  about him, it all  for  suprised him and  melted his darkness  face and heart little  by little that was great scene  

And we all have to have moment  to admire SSJ for his acting in all this episode   to make us feel the switching  of vincenzo  dark side without any overacting , specially  in the hug scene each second and every little change of his face and body language  make me see Vincenzo 

it was done perfectly  to feel it,  not over romance  or over and fast  changing,   it just give the right chills  of the  real dark man  that lived all his life killing , his sub emotional was delivered  so well 

I think he was going to kill Jw if it wasnt for CY  hug after knowing  the true , he was walking like he still in acting  and was like he heading to killing 

JYB prove herself  again she really talent  she entering my book of special  talent  actresses  in big way to  point  I can never  dare to ignore  her again, wow she can act all from craziness, sadness , love  , emotional  , strong , weak , dramatic , funny  ....  .  I cant even stop to think how many different  actress they should need to make CY  character  like this, and how they couldnt do all that with another actress ( bravo she deserves  so much admire and respect) 

She step her feet strongly  in this filed after this drama 

And again most important  from ep 10 - Jw understand  now that CY  not his anymore, that vincenzo  is someone  to destroy  not to play with , and we understand  that the fun going to start now and that plaza  people  all had dark past ( all was former criminal  I think  - a new heavenly  family to vincenzo )  the piano girl who said she good on computers  and machines  I suspect  she was a former genius hacker :joy:

P.s. I think  vincenzo will have trauma  from every time that CY  tell him " you can do that vincenzo  cassano " since it all always  ending making him do the most humility  roles in his book :joy:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, fiona628 said:

I’m still on a high watching Episode 10.
SJK with a gun is definitely smexy!

And about that sexual tension, how is it possible that Cha Young already spent 2 nights at VC’s apartment and we do not even get a sexy moment?

I mean VC is Italian.

Italians are sensual

How can he not make a move and even kiss her? If it were in an American setting we already got a bedscene . :wink:

All of this. Given her personality, I wouldn't have been surprised if CY attempted to jump VC in his apt.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Newbie here, hello! wow, never in my life did I think I would be as heavily invested in a drama as I am with this one. Don’t get me wrong; I’ve enjoyed the occasional drama here and there, and even have a couple that I return to every so often (looking at you, « Prison Playbook »). But Vincenzo is the first one that I’ve felt the zealous urge to not only watch as it’s airing but also talk about why it’s so great with other people. It took very little for me to cave in and create this account.

Honestly, I could drone on and on about what makes this drama infinitely special, but everyone has already been saying what I want to say here. the music, the cinematography, the cast and their mesmerizing chemistry (I will take down anyone who dares to mess with our favorite couple yes) the side characters and their role in the main story- everything. I can’t wait to see how they take the story from here, now that everyone knows who the real Big Baddie is. Not to mention that judging from the preview for the next episode, Chayoung will be confronted with Vincenzo’s past. Like someone said before in the thread, I’m sure she can look past his Mafia self to see the man he is striving to become. HNNNGGG PLEASE LET THE WEEKEND COME FASTER 

Edited by hankukin
  • Like 7
  • Love 5

There were few ironic scenes in this drama especially the buddhist monks joined the rest in pursuing the gold, it was funny and ironic. Vincenzo made us question our values and means when fighting with the evil ones. 

I love both male leads in this drama, I watched it because of Song Joong ki, but I like even more on Jang Joon-Woo (an evil character that was even more challenging role to play, I can see some improvement acting on Taecyeon, but I think he could have done it even better, let's see on the subsequent EP) --- the way he presented himself as an intelligent and twisted guy, and behaved himself like a God symbol, which defined as a dominant and controlling model, someone on top that need to be admired by others. He sets his own rules and games through violence act. However, it seems that the writer did not make him smarter than Vincenzo, as every chances that they encountered easily defeated by Vincenzo, except once shown on EP 10. 

I found it too soon to reveal the big boss identity at the end of EP10 (a cliffhanger, hopefully not so soon), i hope they can drag further for them to find out as it will be fun to play the "catching game" since we have left with 10 EP to go.

I want to see a big fall on Vincenzo so that he can climb up again with conviction and justice, not through violence.  Obviously, the writer will be leading us to the final victory through the collective intelligent and efforts (since it is a black comedy drama)...So it should be a good ending :) 

• Like 8

Finally watch it! How i wish vincenzo is on friday and saturday, so i can fully enjoy it on weekends. Anyways everyone has said everything I want to say. I'll just add this : VC and CY is married couple. You cant tell me otherwise. I like how they sometimes become child when they're with each other. In episode 9 we got CY feeding VC and in episode 10 we got VC babying worried CY when she insists on staying. 

On the more serious note, i love how the writer's mind works and i can say that his value/thought resonates with mine hence i enjoy every dialogues,narration, and analogy. In this episode i particularly love his analogy of the legal institutions to rotten apple. It was so well said. I by no means belittling all the law enforcers, if any of you happen to practice/study law, i hope this won't offend you. Just like what the prosecutor says, there are many good judges, lawyers, and prosecutors who fight for justice. But in front of law, by far, the good still has difficulties winning against the bad and earn the justice it deserves.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, fiona628 said:

I’m still on a high watching Episode 10.
SJK with a gun is definitely smexy!

And about that sexual tension, how is it possible that Cha Young already spent 2 nights at VC’s apartment and we do not even get a sexy moment?

I mean VC is Italian.

Italians are sensual

How can he not make a move and even kiss her? If it were in an American setting we already got a bedscene . :wink:

Haha true in a western drama we would've had an explicit bed/kissing scene. But I appreciate that this is not the norm in kdrama's, I feel like without the build up of chemistry/electricity it adds nothing. 

But here I'm appreciating the slow burn it adds to the sexual intensity and when they do finally make out you'll feel the tingles/fireworks. For the time being ofcourse I can't wait for their kiss scene but for now I'm thoroughly enjoying their collaboration and witty interactions, lol I'm easily pleased. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, hankukin said:

Newbie here, hello! wow, never in my life did I think I would be as heavily invested in a drama as I am with this one. Don’t get me wrong; I’ve enjoyed the occasional drama here and there, and even have a couple that I return to every so often (looking at you, « Prison Playbook »). But Vincenzo is the first one that I’ve felt the zealous urge to not only watch as it’s airing but also talk about why it’s so great with other people. It took very little for me to cave in and create this account.

Honestly, I could drone on and on about what makes this drama infinitely special, but everyone has already been saying what I want to say here. the music, the cinematography, the cast and their mesmerizing chemistry (I will take down anyone who dares to mess with our favorite couple yes) the side characters and their role in the main story- everything. I can’t wait to see how they take the story from here, now that everyone knows who the real Big Baddie is. Not to mention that judging from the preview for the next episode, Chayoung will be confronted with Vincenzo’s past. Like someone said before in the thread, I’m sure she can look past his Mafia self to see the man he is striving to become. HNNNGGG PLEASE LET THE WEEKEND COME FASTER 

Welcome! I know exactly how you feel! I myself logged into my account again after >5 years haha. It's been years since I last had the same zealous urge to not only watch a show while it's airing but also talk about it with other people and ship the main leads :) (and bear in mind this is not even a rom-com, in fact, I don't even ship actual rom-com leads to this extent or even at all LOL)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just came back from rewatching episode 10 LOL and I saw a random comment on Twitter that got me sinking deeper into the Vincenzo black hole.

Towards the end of the scene where Mr. Tak singlehandedly chases the thugs out of the plaza, the beanie-wearing, ex-mma fighter guy (Mr. Lee, i think?) glances at his phone, furrows his brows, then stalks off, only to get into Junwoo’s car with the rest of the gang. When they get to the underpass, you see him whipping out his phone to presumably record what went down. But...WHY

at first i thought he was recording our leads cuz they are adorable and in love and must be together forever and maybe they’ll want to have a photo to look back on some day of their first hug. But given that everyone in the plaza seems to be hiding a past that ranges from suspicious to downright illegal (for example: Mr. tak as a former gang member and the piano teacher as a hacker aficionado after revealing that she’s good with computers) i smell something fishy and I don’t think my heart can take it if he ends up being a mole or spy.

not to mention that in the final shot we see Vincenzo + Chayoung standing on one side, and Junwoo, the beanie guy, and wholesome Mr. Nam on the opposite side, almost like a visualization of a standoff between the (anti)heroes and villains.

....okay, enough internet for me today. I swear to god, if they break apart the best trio to ever exist in drama land, I will cry and then revolt T___T

Edited by hankukin
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 5

He is in love with her, and I think he knows that she loves him or at least deeply cared for him. But the thing is he is Vincenzo Cassano and that name bring a lot of bagages, be it his dark past or the many enemies that he has. In his mind he do not want the woman he loves be exposed to danger or see him in his beastly mode

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

One side of me, wanted VC to stay in SK but the other part of me told him to move on. Dont need any attachments in SK. Live his life freely but, it will lonely. 

The way Bebo was hidden in plain sights is very arrogant. It must be the father also a rotten one and it passes to the offspring. Its so frustrating for the weak one to fight with the giant Babel. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

He is in love with her, and I think he knows that she loves him or at least deeply cared for him. But the thing is he is Vincenzo Cassano and that name bring a lot of bagages, be it his dark past or the many enemies that he has. In his mind he do not want the woman he loves be exposed to danger or see him in his beastly mode

You bring up a great point about his name bearing a lot of baggage. I wonder if later on he’ll set free of his name Vincenzo Cassano and turn over a new leaf to reclaim his birth name Park Joo Hyung. I noticed every article have mentioned his korean name but we haven’t been introduced to it in the drama. If it’s important enough to mention, I’m sure it’ll be brought up at some point. And based on the leaked filming footage with Vincenzo’s mother cleaned up and looking well, it seems like her death is just a red herring. Soon he will be able to make amends with her and return to his roots. Hopefully then he can free himself from being a prisoner of his past and accept the love he deserves. 

We get Vincenzo telling Cha Young that he wants to be far away from the world but his actions prove otherwise. At face value he appears solemn and distant but deep down inside he longs for love and affection. Cha Young reads that he doesn’t want to get too close to people in fear of getting hurt which is exactly what it is. We’ve been shown two times how physical affection is unfamiliar to him yet comforting. Once when the ahjumma of the Babel victims’ family pulled him in for a hug, he had a look of uncertainty but warmth and then the last scene of episode 10 with Cha Young’s embrace. It took him a few seconds to let it sink in before also hugging her back. Subconsciously that’s how much he needs her but he doesn’t know it. Also him going out of his way to hide his true identity in fear of losing her speaks for itself. His walls have come down and he has fully let her in, so much that it’d kill him to lose her. While he may think loving Cha Young can become his biggest weakness, he doesn’t realize that she has also been his strength all along. Cha Young breaking down and worrying about his safety should let him know that he’s what matters to her and his past would not change that. Hopefully it’ll give him the reassurance to open up to her.  

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

I enjoy the black comedy in Vincenzo and wow... the secrets behind those tenants. Mr. Tak probably came from a bigger gang, or a martial arts master? First with the Chef being a “con-artist”, that was probably a foreshadowing to this, and I wonder how will the undercover agent reveals himself, it would be so funny if the last person could save Vincenzo is him.. haha. These people are no jokes and they’re not hesitated to reveal their past identity/ability now. Probably took the courage from seeing Vincenzo, they could perhaps sense that Vincenzo is not an ordinary lawyer either.

I like this style of Vincenzo, the brown coat with the orange-brown tie, this looks like old fashion but it suits the image of a mafia the best to me. The other times he wears blue ties... are more modern but anyways, Vincenzo got the style and money, our rich boi..
spacer.png

I feel his eyes got so dark during the last fight scene, like not only the color, but I can feel the darkness, the emptiness in his eyes with nothing but the goal to shoot down the people in front of him... which probably because he got into his “nature”mafia mode..

spacer.png

Cha Young ran toward Vincenzo is sweet. It was either him or the other killers could get out alive... 

spacer.png

And when Vincenzo dropped Cha Young off lmao. It’s like when you want to be a gentleman but too lazy to get out and open the door for her so why not just open it from the inside lol. His “caring” face when he opened it and the whole thing was hilarious.

Spoiler

spacer.png

That’s all of my random thoughts about Vincenzo, can’t wait till the next weekend T_T

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

You bring up a great point about his name bearing a lot of baggage. I wonder if later on he’ll set free of his name Vincenzo Cassano and turn over a new leaf to reclaim his birth name Park Joo Hyung. I noticed every article have mentioned his korean name but we haven’t been introduced to it in the drama. If it’s important enough to mention, I’m sure it’ll be brought up at some point. And based on the leaked filming footage with Vincenzo’s mother cleaned up and looking well, it seems like her death is just a red herring. Soon he will be able to make amends with her and return to his roots. Hopefully then he can free himself from being a prisoner of his past and accept the love he deserves. 

We get Vincenzo telling Cha Young that he wants to be far away from the world but his actions prove otherwise. At face value he appears solemn and distant but deep down inside he longs for love and affection. Cha Young reads that he doesn’t want to get too close to people in fear of getting hurt which is exactly what it is. We’ve been shown two times how physical affection is unfamiliar to him yet comforting. Once when the ahjumma of the Babel victims’ family pulled him in for a hug, he had a look of uncertainty but warmth and then the last scene of episode 10 with Cha Young’s embrace. It took him a few seconds to let it sink in before also hugging her back. Subconsciously that’s how much he needs her but he doesn’t know it. Also him going out of his way to hide his true identity in fear of losing her. 

Very good points! I like that Vincenzo is a complex character, layered and grey, that suddenly exposed to lights that are love and affection. Perhaps, all his life all he knew is survival and the closest thing to affection is loyalty to his family (adoptive father), you betray, you die. so it obvious that the warmth of love is foreign to him. 

I hope fighting against powerful evil chaebols like Babel and Wusang, will be his redemption, and he gets his happy ending with a new name like you said with CY perhaps running off to Malta together.

From the preview,

Spoiler

It looks like VC identity as mafia would be used against him, perhaps Wusang will used law to arrest him.

VC will used HC to kill/destroy JW, i hope they wont drag this too long.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Wow!  Episode 10 was incredible!  I felt like I was holding my breath throughout.  I still have so many thoughts and will post some more later because this post is way too long already

- First, I just want to give another shout-out to the director and cinematographer.  The lighting, composition and directing of every scene in every episode is breathtaking. Every episode feels like I am watching an expensive, high quality film.  Those gorgeous final shots with Vincenzo/Cha Young's beautiful hug and the final scene framed by the arch on one side with JJW framed by an arch on the other side was perfect:sparklyeyes:

- the fight choreography and fight direction in the drama is amazing.  We had three very different fight scenes (VC vs dirty cops, Mr Tak vs gang, VC vs the trained assassins) and every single one was exceptional.  I have seen a few people disappointed that Vincenzo struggled a bit in the end fight but I loved how realistic it was.  Those were trained killers and it was 3 vs 1 so it was never going to be a walk in the park for him no matter how skilled he is.

- Yay at Cha Young getting in on the action on those crooked cops and, of course, she bought new limited edition trainers:lol: loved that they high fived each other like a tag team before Cha Young's kick

- I am just loving the quiet conversations between CY and VC.  Did anyone think they looked like a ying-yang symbol when they were sleeping on the table during the makgeolli drinking scene as if the drama is saying they are two parts of a whole.  I was so pleased that CY allowed him to break his promise because she realises sometime promises need to be broken.  I love a pragmatic heroine!  Also that her concern about Vincenzo killing wasn't so much about some moral code as her it was about her worry about how it effects Vincenzo and how it would impact him and his relationship with others.

- Brief moment but I liked the phone call from Luca giving Vincenzo a heads up that someone is digging for information on him.  Good to see he still has some strong Mafia ties back in italy (and I love SJK speaking Italian:wub:)

- I so agree about the darkness in Vincenzo's eyes @rainbowwarm when he was in the gunfight.  Then we see him come out of kill mode when Cha Young hugs him. And that hesitant raising of his hands which are literally stained with blood to return the hug:tears: She is so important to him

- My complaints about JJW were addressed in this weekend's episode so well done, Mr Writer.  Now we know the narcissistic reasons he is hiding his identity.  I still would have liked the drama to have given more time to his relationship with Cha Young in the earlier episodes so we are more invested in his feelings for her and their friendship.  I think that would have given his character more weight and investment from the audience as they are clearly signalling that he does have feelings for Cha Young that have influenced some of his decisions and behaviour ( like calling in episode 10 so she wouldn't be in danger when he sent the assassins to take out VC at the Plaza)

23 hours ago, nurlayla said:

ok now we have:

1. the beanie man+wife : martial art/fighter?

2. Mr Tak the laundry ahjusshi : street fighter/gang?

3. .................................................

i believe the pretty girl is a hacker as she told them she is good with a computer/machine?

woahhhh i like this :partyblob: 

ok now gimme their bts juseyoooo!

OMG! Mr Tak's fight scene! :wow1: What an awesome reveal and he was so cool! I remember he mentioned his army training in the early episodes so I wonder if he was some kind of special forces background. After my annoyance about the tenants and their stupid filler scenes, it looks like they are going to be useful after all.  I remember reading the writer said he was inspired by Kung Fu Hustle regarding the tenants and now we know why. I think you are right about Mi Ri (piano girl) being a hacker or tech wiz of some sort.  Can't wait to see what hidden abilities they have.  I hope all the reveals are as cool as Mr Tak's:glasses:

21 hours ago, hankukin said:

Hello and welcome to the thread!:waves:Yay! Another person joining because of our precious drama, Vincenzo!  Hope you enjoy discussing with us all here.  I am wondering how Cha Young will react to the truth.  not so much that Vincenzo killed but that he lied to her about it.  I think from what we have seen of her she will be understanding about his past but she will be more hurt by his lie.

14 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Finally watch it! How i wish vincenzo is on friday and saturday, so i can fully enjoy it on weekends. Anyways everyone has said everything I want to say. I'll just add this : VC and CY is married couple. You cant tell me otherwise. I like how they sometimes become child when they're with each other. In episode 9 we got CY feeding VC and in episode 10 we got VC babying worried CY when she insists on staying. 

On the more serious note, i love how the writer's mind works and i can say that his value/thought resonates with mine hence i enjoy every dialogues,narration, and analogy. In this episode i particularly love his analogy of the legal institutions to rotten apple. It was so well said. I by no means belittling all the law enforcers, if any of you happen to practice/study law, i hope this won't offend you. Just like what the prosecutor says, there are many good judges, lawyers, and prosecutors who fight for justice. But in front of law, by far, the good still has difficulties winning against the bad and earn the justice it deserves.

They are a couple without knowing they are couple.  There are so many little details especially this week that had me squeeing whilst watching:fullofhearts:  I think I will make a list later ^_^

I agree so much about the depth of the screenplay.  The drama is very deep in places but I think some viewers miss out on it because of the humour in other places.  I know a lot of people were turned off by the wacky humour and gave up on this drama after the first two episodes. It's a pity as they are truly missing out on a precious gem of a drama. I was sad episode 9 ratings fell slightly as it was an excellent episode but I suppose the combination of the PPL controversy and Penthouse's huge ratings on Saturday didn't help.  Very happy to see the ratings go up for episode 10. Now we are entering the the second half of the story and with all the recent revelations and the stakes raised in the storyline, I do hope the tone will continue to be more dramatic with a side of humour like this weekend's episodes.

9 hours ago, hankukin said:
Spoiler

Just came back from rewatching episode 10 LOL and I saw a random comment on Twitter that got me sinking deeper into the Vincenzo black hole.

Towards the end of the scene where Mr. Tak singlehandedly chases the thugs out of the plaza, the beanie-wearing, ex-mma fighter guy (Mr. Lee, i think?) glances at his phone, furrows his brows, then stalks off, only to get into Junwoo’s car with the rest of the gang. When they get to the underpass, you see him whipping out his phone to presumably record what went down. But...WHY

at first i thought he was recording our leads cuz they are adorable and in love and must be together forever and maybe they’ll want to have a photo to look back on some day of their first hug. But given that everyone in the plaza seems to be hiding a past that ranges from suspicious to downright illegal (for example: Mr. tak as a former gang member and the piano teacher as a hacker aficionado after revealing that she’s good with computers) i smell something fishy and I don’t think my heart can take it if he ends up being a mole or spy.

not to mention that in the final shot we see Vincenzo + Chayoung standing on one side, and Junwoo, the beanie guy, and wholesome Mr. Nam on the opposite side, almost like a visualization of a standoff between the (anti)heroes and villains.

....okay, enough internet for me today. I swear to god, if they break apart the best trio to ever exist in drama land, I will cry and then revolt T___T

I had the same thought especially Mr Lee's reaction to the sudden message on his phone.  I also thought it was strange Mr Nam brought Mr Lee along.  This  director puts a lot of thought into mise-en-scene so it did seem strange to see the set up of the scene with Lee/Nam flanking JJW on one side and Vincenzo and Cha Young on one side. also what exactly was Mr Lee filming and why?  I can deal with Mr Lee being a possible traitor but never Mr Nam! He is one of my favourite characters and a Jipuragi OG.  Surely he would never betray Papa Hong like that?:bawling:

9 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I agree that is what is stopping him taking things any further. After the night scenes in his home, I think Vincenzo definitely knows he is in love with Cha Young.

6 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:
Spoiler

We get Vincenzo telling Cha Young that he wants to be far away from the world but his actions prove otherwise. At face value he appears solemn and distant but deep down inside he longs for love and affection. Cha Young reads that he doesn’t want to get too close to people in fear of getting hurt which is exactly what it is. We’ve been shown two times how physical affection is unfamiliar to him yet comforting. Once when the ahjumma of the Babel victims’ family pulled him in for a hug, he had a look of uncertainty but warmth and then the last scene of episode 10 with Cha Young’s embrace. It took him a few seconds to let it sink in before also hugging her back. Subconsciously that’s how much he needs her but he doesn’t know it. Also him going out of his way to hide his true identity in fear of losing her speaks for itself. His walls have come down and he has fully let her in, so much that it’d kill him to lose her. While he may think loving Cha Young can become his biggest weakness, he doesn’t realize that she has also been his strength all along. Cha Young breaking down and worrying about his safety should let him know that he’s what matters to her and his past would not change that. Hopefully it’ll give him the reassurance to open up to her.  

Beautiful and insightful post!  I wonder perhaps in the end Vincenzo Cassano will die and Park Joo Hyung will live.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

Very good points! I like that Vincenzo is a complex character, layered and grey, that suddenly exposed to lights that are love and affection. Perhaps, all his life all he knew is survival and the closest thing to affection is loyalty to his family (adoptive father), you betray, you die. so it obvious that the warmth of love is foreign to him. 

I hope fighting against powerful evil chaebols like Babel and Wusang, will be his redemption, and he gets his happy ending with a new name like you said with CY perhaps running off to Malta together.

From the preview,

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like VC identity as mafia would be used against him, perhaps Wusang will used law to arrest him.

VC will used HC to kill/destroy JW, i hope they wont drag this too long.

This. And it definitely ties back to the comment Vincenzo made at the impromptu plaza party about preferring love sans reason. At the time, it felt like a flippant remark meant to throw Chayoung off the scent, but flippancy and sarcasm can also be used as a defense mechanism, as a means to hide one’s true feelings. As we all know, our man has had a lifetime of practice in concealing and tamping down his emotions. Because he’s always had to prove himself and his worth to the Mafia in exchange for a place in the family, he’s never known what true, unconditional love looks or feels like. The closest thing to love in his life up till now has been, as you pointed out, loyalty to his Mafia papa, who would at least embrace the Mafia part of Vincenzo because they both come from that world. Having lost even that familial tie, he’s bound to feel unmoored from the rest of the world and undeserving of anyone’s love.

For all the absurdist side stories and antics, the core themes of love, belonging, and redemption interwoven throughout the narrative are universal and fundamental ideas and yearnings, and I know a lot of us here are going to find themselves ugly-crying in the near future. If anyone deserves a happy ending, it’s these two. T__T

Edited by hankukin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1