[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

22 hours ago, hankukin said:

Full version is up now! I love the part about the motivation bit; it really seems like the cast and crew try their hardest to create a positive experience on set, which reflects in the final product and the palpable chemistry among all the characters <33

Thanks!  i really enjoyed this interview and getting more insight into their motivations and thought processes from them all.  Our leads are the best!:relaxed:

On 3/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Phoenix Klaw said:

I am following this show for the sake of the two leads and their conflict with Babel. I had not been a SJK fan before, but he has won me over. The two Wusang lawyers are very strong actors. That conflict in first few episodes was compelling.

I am sorry to say that I am really not invested in the Geumga Plaza crowd, except for Special Agent An and Mr Nam. The rest remain annoying caricatures at this point, with few redeeming qualities. I am concerned that this is going to descend into a fight over the gold. I fast-forward the scenes involving them.

Same for me about SJK. I was aware he is an extremely talented actor but I haven't watched him fully in a drama since he stole the show in Sungkyunkwan Scandal (An Innocent Man was too makjang for me; DOTS was so boring).  He is absolutely fantastic in Vincenzo.  I hope he can pick up some acting nominations and awards.  

i agree about the GP residents.  The writing for the residents is such a waste of the talented actors. The characterisation gives them little to work with because they are all just written as shallow caricatures.They aren't even particularly likeable besides...maybe..the monks.  The tenants are rude, greedy, loud, obnoxious.  If the writer is going to give them so much screentime, he should have at least developed the characters so the viewers care about them.  It's as if the writer just wrote two lines for them: job description, special ability... that's it.  For instance  after the fantastic and impressive surprise of the scissor fight, Mr Tak didn't get any backstory, any character development, any change in the character or in his relationship with the others.  He's just back to being one of the annoying residents on the sidelines. It's a pity because if they had made better use of the ensemble of residents as supporting characters (a good recent example are the CLOY "F4" soldiers) they could be a real asset to the show instead of the drag that most of the audience find them. 

On 3/31/2021 at 12:30 AM, BlackLotus1025 said:

Speaking of scenes, I can't help but be conflicted with Jun Woo. He was so happy after meeting Cha Young but when he turned around, surprise! Vincenzo was waiting for him in the house. I mean he's insane but I think there's more into his persona (maybe much brighter or darker) especially after seeing how he was before he thought of being shot by Vincenzo and hearing what he dreamt of after really being shot by Han Seo.

I hope to get the main trio's backstory as well maybe before or after the rest of the characters' real-character introduction. 

I agree.  I thought last week's episodes gave JJW/HS a lot more depth.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all three in a scene together now everything is out in the open.  

On 3/31/2021 at 12:51 AM, itsmeash said:

A few of the show synopsis's already mentioned them catching feelings for each other. I do think it's just a matter of time before they at least admit their feelings and act on them once if not more times. I have faith, but also as I mentioned... the writers track record... I'm scared to get my hopes too far up for something more than just teasing.

The writer's track record is why I'm nervous too.  He doesn't usually do romance.  So I am surprised we are even getting this much.  Let's hope we get even more!:D

On 3/31/2021 at 4:11 AM, hankukin said:

Just a tweet about Jeon Yeobeen’s brother leaving supportive comments on Vincenzo videos on the low UWU

Awwwww! What a good big brother supporting his little sister's drama^_^  i did see the comment when when I was looking at Naver comments but I didn't think it was the same Neuj...but it is!:D

On 3/31/2021 at 9:17 AM, BlackLotus1025 said:

Aw, that's so sad. It has one of the most heart-skipping moments we have of them. But yeah, I guess it can't be helped. So unfortunate.

:tears:Right? It was such an important conversation and development for them. I am very much hoping we get another conversation where they touch this topic again..

On 3/31/2021 at 10:43 AM, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

Oh! Someone posted this on IG the MAKGEOLLI from Ep 11 :dizzy: 

Thanks!  I am so surprised it isn't a sponsor giving the emphasis on it in the drama. I feel like I don't see Makgeolli often in dramas compared to the ubiquitous soju in the green bottle. I bet sales have increased because of Vincenzo:lol:

On 3/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, BlackLotus1025 said:

A couple of pictures of Jang Jun Woo/Jang Han Seok for you guys! :)

How do I make pics smaller? I'm afraid the pictures will be too big. I'll just post one instead. 

I just found out on the net that Vincenzo is an Italian male given name, derived from Latin name Vincentius (the verb vincere means to win or to conquer). Interesting! 

Yum! I didn't really know Taecyeon before this drama but I find him so cute and not:wub: 

If the pictures are too big, you can put some in a spoiler. 

The writer put a lot of thought into Vincenzo's name.  It is very significant.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:47 PM, TheaN said:

Fan made :sweat_smile:.  Watch this too!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: Noooooo!  My eyes! And also LOL!  Imagine the drama trolls us all and they end up being the final OTP:dissapointed:

On 4/1/2021 at 8:51 PM, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

From the previews, it seems Vincenzo and Chayoung, Myung hee and Joonwoo, Attorney Han and Hanseo will all have a sit down with ProsecutorJung. Can’t wait to watch this especially with Chayoung there!!!!!
does anyone else get confused with the whole Han Seo, Han Seok??? It’s easier for me to use Joonwoo than Hanseok

I have started using JJW/HS because we can't just use HS as that is already taken by Han Seo.  I might stick with JJW? Or BaBo? Or Chairman Jang?  What is everyone else doing?  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I just wanna say... 

YAY!  Its Vincenzo night tonight! Almost six days waiting for the next episode -  its torture... :w00t:

Yahoo! I have to wait 13 more hours for it to be aired here. Haha! Hope time flies fast now. Haha!

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Same for me about SJK. I know he is an extremely talented actor but I haven't watched him fully in a drama since he stole the show in Sungkyunkwan Scandal (An Innocent Man was too makjang for me; DOTS was so boring).  He is absolutely fantastic in Vincenzo.  I hope he can pick up some acting nominations and awards.  

i agree about the GP residents.  The writing for the residents is such a waste of the actors. They are all talented but the characters gives them little to work with because they are all just written as shallow caricatures.  They aren't even particularly likeable besides...maybe..the monks.  They are rude, greedy, loud, obnoxious.  If the writer is going to give them so much screen time, he should have at least developed the characters so the viewers care about them.  It's as if the writer just wrote two lines for them: job description and each will have a special ability (i'm assuming) and that's it.  For instance, after the fantastic and impressive surprise of the scissor fight, Mr Tak didn't get any backstory, any character development, any change in the character or in his relationship with the others.  He's just back to being one of the annoying residents on the sidelines. It's a pity because if they had made better use of the GP residents ensemble as supporting characters (e.g. CLOY F4 soldiers) they could be a real asset to the show instead of the drag that most of the audience find them. 

I agree.  I thought last week's episodes gave JJW/HS a lot more depth.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all three in a scene together now everything is out in the open.  

The writer's track record is why I'm nervous too.  He doesn't usually do romance.  So I am surprised we are even getting this much.  Let's hope we get even more!:D

Awwwww! What a good big brother supporting his little sister's drama^_^  i did see the comment when when I was looking at Naver comments but I didn't think it was the same Neuj...but it is!:D

:tears:Right? It was such an important conversation and development for them. I am very much hoping we get another conversation where they touch this topic again..

Yum! I didn't really know Taecyeon before this drama but I find him so cute and not:wub: 

If the pictures are too big, you can put some in a spoiler. 

The writer put a lot of thought into Vincenzo's name.  It is very significant.

:lol::lol::lol: Noooooo!  My eyes! And also LOL!  Imagine the drama trolls us all and they end up being the final OTP:dissapointed:

I have stated using JJW/HS because we can't just use HS as that is already taken by Han Seo.  I might stick with JJW? Or BaBo? Or Chairman Jang?  What is everyone else doing?  

Hi there @raziela! Everyone I think is busy counting the hours left for the show to be shown again. Haha! That's why one of the things I've been doing so far. Haha.

"SungKyunKwan Scandal" is such a mood to me. It's really good. And SJK's character (Yong Ha) there really stood out. Haha. He also portrayed as an older brother to Nam Ji Hyun (younger version of Han Ye Seul's character) in a drama (Will it Snow for Christmas) where he had to act with a younger Kim Soo Hyun; it was a good watch, too. His character there was well written. Don't know why I haven't watched "Descendants of the Sun" yet since I'm not really a fan of Song Joong Ki, but "Vincenzo" made me think of him in a different way. Haha. Watching the show made me discover Jeon Ye Bin and more of Taecyeon as well. 

Speaking of the writer, I saw some board posts asking him to add more romance. Didn't "Blood" end in a romantic yet? Haha. I haven't really seen any of his dramas yet except this and the first five episodes of Blood. 

And hooray for their bangs. Also, that video, I can't help but notice the distance between JYB and Taecyeon and JYB and SJK. Haha. Those three are really a fun trio to watch. Haha.

I believe the meaning of that name might be mentioned some time. And true, Taecyeon suddenly became a different person after portraying his role in this drama. He didn't seem to be that idol-actor anymore. His acting has definitely improved. 

By the way, thank you for the advice regarding how to keep big pictures. I hope to get to see you and everyone else here more. ^^

Happy Weekend! :)

20 minutes ago, mystic62 said:

A funny BTS with Song Joong Ki invaded the 2pm members scenes

2pm members' set being invade

And so my eyes are... full. Thank you! Haha! Nickhun and SJK have become close since Nickhun used to be a frequent "Running Man"'s guest when SJK was still a member of the show. Haha.

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

"SungKyunKwan Scandal" is such a mood to me. It's really good. And SJK's character (Yong Ha) there really stood out. Haha. He also portrayed as an older brother to Nam Ji Hyun (younger version of Han Ye Seul's character) in a drama (Will it Snow for Christmas) where he had to act with a younger Kim Soo Hyun; it was a good watch, too. His character there was well written. Don't know why I haven't watched "Descendants of the Sun" yet since I'm not really a fan of Song Joong Ki, but "Vincenzo" made me think of him in a different way. Haha. Watching the show made me discover Jeon Ye Bin and more of Taecyeon as well. 

Speaking of the writer, I saw some board posts asking him to add more romance. Didn't "Blood" end in a romantic yet? Haha. I haven't really seen any of his dramas yet except this and the first five episodes of Blood. 

SJK and Yoo Ah In totally stole SS  The actual lead male faded into the background compared to them.  When I watched it I didn't know anything about K-pop so I had no idea the lead was an idol.  I didn't understand why he was even the lead when the Yong Ha and Moon Jae Shin characters were so much more interesting, better looking and better actors. I tried to watch Descendants of the Sun when everyone was so hyped about it but I just found it so boring and the chemistry between the leads underwhelming.  I have loved JYB since I watched her in her previous drama.  I have never seen Taecyeon act before.

I think most are referring to his recent successful dramas (The Fiery Priest and Chief Kim) which apparently didn''t contain romance.  I don't think most people remember Blood because it was a flop.

7 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

I believe the meaning of that name might be mentioned some time. And true, Taecyeon suddenly became a different person after portraying his role in this drama. He didn't seem to be that idol-actor anymore. His acting has definitely improved. 

By the way, thank you for the advice regarding how to keep big pictures. I hope to get to see you and everyone else here more. ^^

Happy Weekend! :)

Vincenzo does mention "vincero" during the magnificent climax of episode 4.

Taecyeon is doing pretty well. He isn't as strong or experienced an actor as the other villains in the Wusang/Bael team but I think his acting has gotten better over the course of the drama.  

Thanks!  I hope you enjoy posting here too.  Happy VINCENZO weekend!:issohappy:

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, raziela said:

SJK and Yoo Ah In totally stole SS  The actual lead male faded into the background compared to them.  When I watched it I didn't know anything about K-pop so I had no idea the lead was an idol.  I didn't understand why he was even the lead when the Yong Ha and Noon Jae Shin characters were so much more interesting, better looking and better actors. I tried to watch Descendants of the Sun when everyone was so hyped about it but I just found it so boring and the chemistry between the leads underwhelming.  I have loved JYB since I watched her in her previous drama.  I have never seen Taecyeon act before.

I think most are referring to his recent successful dramas (The Fiery Priest and Chief Kim) which apparently didn''t contain romance.  I don't think most people remember Blood because it was a flop.

Vincenzo does mention "vincero" during the magnificent climax of episode 4.

Taecyeon is doing pretty well. He isn't as strong or experienced an actor as the other villains in the Wusang/Bael team but I think his acting has gotten better over the course of the drama.  

Thanks!  I hope you enjoy posting here too.  Happy VINCENZO weekend!:issohappy:

Oh yes. Haha! A lot of people requested to have YAI's character be chosen by PMY's character at that time. Also, SJK and YAI won Best Couple award for that, I think. Haha. So funny. Anyway, JYB left an impression to me upon watching this drama. She's not really the typical actress, I can say. I've seen clips of her previous drama and I was shocked that it really did live up to it's title. Haha. I was thinking of watching it but I'm not quite sure if her scenes are balanced, less, or more compared to the other two leads. 

I think I have heard the reason about Chief Kim's lack of romance. They say NGM is just choosing shows with no romance nowadays. Haha.

I agree. Taecyeon's portrayal of being a conflicted individual is impressive. It's also good that he's surrounded with actors and actresses that are really good. Kwak Do Yeon's performance is also really commendable. Both of their facial expressions are really leaving good impressions. Although their acts are so despicable, you'll still think that there's something inside them that triggered them to be that way. Maybe if they have more honest communication and they're more open and understanding, their relationship could've improved. I guess both of them just feel threatened about each other's presence. After all, I think the household they lived in wasn't really that ethical.

Of course. I love to read everyone's thoughts and opinions. And I also love sharing mine. Haha. Thank you again for being accommodating and for your spoiler box advice. :)

Happy V-Day later! Haha! 

Spoiler

HONG JOONG' Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

• Like 7

It's vincenzo day! The pre release clip has come out.

Rough translation (may contain some errors here and there)

Spoiler

CY : Seriously i think instead of lawyer, i'm born to be gangster

Mr. Ahn : I also feel that way. My adrenaline keeps rushing

CY : Should i follow you to italy and be a consigliere? (Yes dear, please follow him, he won't be able to say no to you)

VC : Just eat (see you just can't say no to her)

The other 3 : Me too

CY : That'll be great. Let's go together. I have the talent to be mafia right?

VC : Just eat

Mr. Ahn If you're talking about talent, i think it's a given for me

CY : It seems so

VC : If you all come to Italy, do you want to do the pouring pig's blood tradition? (You hypocrite consigliere, you do want them to join you right ;))

Mr. Lee : Pig's blood? What is it about?

VC : It's our family's method until 1960. The day our enemy having a party welcoming their new boss, we send pig's blood to the boss to show them our power. Like saying "dont mess with us".

Mr. Ahn : Mmm that's a bit.. What about the smell?

VC : I don't like it either. It's too cruel

CY : I want to see it though. Isnt the sight going to be so explosive/strong?

VC smiles (another day of VC's amused smile because of we know who)

Mr. Nam : I also don't like it. Why would you waste this tasty thing? (I think he's eating sundae the korean food made of animal's blood)

And also this.

Edited by bee_wannabe
Put the spoiler tag
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

CY : Should i follow you to italy and be a consigliere? (Yes dear, please follow him, he won't be able to say no to you)

VC : If you all come to Italy, do you want to do the pouring pig's blood tradition? (You hypocrite consigliere, you do want them to join you right ;))

VC : It's our family's method until 1960. The day our enemy having a party welcoming their new boss, we send pig's blood to the boss to show them our power. Like saying "dont mess with us".

Mr. Nam : I also don't like it. Why would you waste this tasty thing? (I think he's eating sundae the korean food made of animal's blood)

And also this.

Thanks for sharing @bee_wannabe! Now, I'm much more excited to watch the upcoming episode. Haha! I hope we get to see more interaction from our leads. Haha. 

For sure, Vincenzo is getting giddy hearing those words from the two especially from Cha Young. Haha!

The more you deny, the more you desire. Haha! 

• Like 6

@raziela agree... the writers didnt give much "meat" to the residents, perhaps they will give each of them their back story in latter episodes, but I feel like their back story should be revealed early on, one by one, not only their individual skills but also their story, how they end up in GP.

so the audience could feel emotions towards them. Because honestly right now, I couldnt feel anything, and mostly skip their scenes specially their gold-hunting scenes.

@itsmeashRegarding romances between the leads, I too feel nervous considering the genre and the writer history, but what keep me positive is that in one of the interview, SJK was asked what CY mean to his character VC, and his answer was beautiful "every word CY said, VC feel it here -point to his heart-". Perhaps their romances might not be as intense or as physical as we want them to be, but I'm hoping for at least acknowledgement of feelings from both side.

Guuuysss...  its finally Vincenzo's Day! Just a few hours more... :hwaiting:

• Like 10

Have been following Song Joong Ki from Sungukwan scandal- loved him with YAI- they even won the couples award for that. Liked DOTS too as cliche as it was and Arthdal chronicles too , but Vincenzo is the best use of SJK’s acting talents . Loving him in this and the other main leads too. The plaza residents hopefully will have a back story . So happy to read all your updates and analysis - thanks. I barely post here but SJK made me . 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, valentina72 said:

Have been following Song Joong Ki from Sungukwan scandal- loved him with YAI- they even won the couples award for that. Liked DOTS too as cliche as it was and Arthdal chronicles too , but Vincenzo is the best use of SJK’s acting talents . Loving him in this and the other main leads too. The plaza residents hopefully will have a back story . So happy to read all your updates and analysis - thanks. I barely post here but SJK made me . 

Oh yeah, there's Arthdal Chronicles, too. Haha! YAI-SJK couple has more skinship than what we are getting from SJK-JYB so far. Haha! And I agree. In my opinion, Vincenzo has really shown us what more he can offer when it comes to acting. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Of course. I love to read everyone's thoughts and opinions. And I also love sharing mine. Haha. Thank you again for being accommodating and for your spoiler box advice. :)

Happy V-Day later! Haha! 

Oh! That's a good one! I like calling it V-day!  :loveu: That gif is so cute :lol:

6 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

Reveal hidden contents

And also this.

Thank you so much for translating:Megathanks: Your little comments in italics are so funny! He really doesn't smile at anyone else like he smiles at her^_^

Thanks for explaining the Mr Nam punchline.  Definitely one international fans won't understand unless they know korean cuisine:lol:

I really enjoyed everything about the Couch Talk:wub:

5 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

@raziela agree... the writers didnt give much "meat" to the residents, perhaps they will give each of them their back story in latter episodes, but I feel like their back story should be revealed early on, one by one, not only their individual skills but also their story, how they end up in GP.

so the audience could feel emotions towards them. Because honestly right now, I couldnt feel anything, and mostly skip their scenes specially their gold-hunting scenes.

@itsmeashRegarding romances between the leads, I too feel nervous considering the genre and the writer history, but what keep me positive is that in one of the interview, SJK was asked what CY mean to his character VC, and his answer was beautiful "every word CY said, VC feel it here -point to his heart-". Perhaps their romances might not be as intense or as physical as we want them to be, but I'm hoping for at least acknowledgement of feelings from both side.

Guuuysss...  its finally Vincenzo's Day! Just a few hours more... :hwaiting:

Your new profile picture is lovely:love:

Exactly. I feel like even if one of the Plaza residents was killed off now, viewers would barely care.  Most of us would probably just be relieved it was one less resident using up precious screen time:relieved: They have had six weeks to develop the tenants! They could easily have used a few minutes each episode to give them each some character development in place of the pointless gold hunting, hanging out in the studio, eating scenes. Meanwhile, we only knew Papa Hong Yu Chan for three episodes and we all loved his character and were heartbroken when he died.

Thanks for reminding us what SJK said about Vincenzo and CY.  That certainly gives me hope for their developing relationship:wub:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, raziela said:

Oh! That's a good one! I like calling it V-day!  :loveu: That gif is so cute :lol:

Thank you so much for translating:Megathanks: Your little comments in italics are so funny! He really doesn't smile at anyone else like he smiles at her^_^

Thanks for explaining the Mr Nam punchline.  Definitely one international fans won't understand unless they know korean cuisine:lol:

I really enjoyed everything about the Couch Talk:wub:

Your new profile picture is lovely:love:

Exactly. I feel like even if one of the Plaza residents was killed off now, viewers would barely care.  Most of us would probably just be relieved it was one less resident using up precious screen time:relieved: They have had six weeks to develop the tenants! They could easily have used a few minutes each episode to give them each some character development in place of the pointless gold hunting, hanging out in the studio, eating scenes. Meanwhile, we only knew Papa Hong Yu Chan for three episodes and we all loved his character and were heartbroken when he died.

Thanks for reminding us what SJK said about Vincenzo and CY.  That certainly gives me hope for their developing relationship:wub:

We can call it that way then on weekends. Haha! Thank you! 

It depends on who amongst the residents would be killed first, I think. Haha. Do you guys have like a favorite resident? Like most favorite and least favorite? Haha! 

Just three hours and thirty minutes left! Why is time running slow? Haha!

6 Things We Loved About The Premiere Of “Vincenzo” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Gosh, I’m so nervous for Younger Bro! Do you think he will turn to Vincenzo’s side for safety?

He probably will. I think between him and Han Seok/Jun Woo, he has more remorse. I bet killing is really not a thing for him but he's being brainwashed and ordered here and there, so I think one of the reasons why he's somehow becoming dark is because of his surroundings. 

I do think though that he might decide on something impulsively, but he'll end up having some redemption. I think that's what his facial expressions are conveying, in my opinion. Haha.

Spoiler

kactor gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

Whaaaats with that preview!!??

Spoiler

Did VC just put a ring on CY? Oh gawd.. my realistic side thinks that it is perhaps a plot to provoke Junho.. its another fake out?  Yea.. it wont happen that fast...

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

34 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

Whaaaats with that preview!!??

Hide contents

Did VC just put a ring on CY? Oh gawd.. my realistic side thinks that it is perhaps a plot to provoke Junho.. its another fake out?  Yea.. it wont happen that fast...

I agree, they are totally totally totally clowning us with that one!!:skull:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I agree. Be prepared to get robbed again next episode. Better keep the expectation low. 

Spoiler

It may be another scheme as well as subtle development for the two of them in acknowledging and embracing their feelings. My bet is : it starts as an act but they get carried away by the moment. They lean closer and closer but at the crucial time, something happens and they're back to their original plan attacking the enemy. And us, the shippers will throw anything around us while cursing the writer.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1