[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

1 hour ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Thanks for translating 

You're welcome. :) Can you imagine the money they are talking about just by knowing the real estimated amount of the gold? Haha!

And it's actually funny because I think the three of them or just Vincenzo is listening to Luciano Pavarotti's "O Sole Mio" in the back of their minds as they discuss it. Haha. I stopped the video on the 48:45 mark and there's that classical piece's title. Haha. It means "My Sunshine" in English. It's such a famous piece that's why even Elvis Presley used the melody to create the infamous song: "It's Now or Never". :sweat_smile: 

14 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

I love this show so much! And Vincenzo and Cha Young... their build up is so good!

Seeing your display image reminded me of my favorite BoF pairing (YJ and GE)! Hopefully, Vincenzo and Cha Young's developing romance won't end up as theirs' (they only gave us the hint of them becoming official at the end of the show! huhu). Haha! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

Seeing your display image reminded me of my favorite BoF pairing! ^-^ Hopefully, Vincenzo and Cha Young's developing romance won't end up as theirs (they only gave us the hint of them becoming official at the end of the show! huhu). Haha! 

They were the true OTP of the show for me. Love them so, so much. 

Truth be told, I don't know if CV will even get together for real and/or be endgame. At least not in the traditional sense. Maybe in a Suits/My Secret Affair ending way. I want to hope for the best, but knowing this writer's track record... i'm a bit scared. So for now, I am just trying to enjoy the ride, which is so much fun thus far! lol.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

They were the true OTP of the show for me. Love them so, so much. 

Truth be told, I don't know if CV will even get together for real and/or be endgame. At least not in the traditional sense. Maybe in a Suits/My Secret Affair ending way. I want to hope for the best, but knowing this writer's track record... i'm a bit scared. So for now, I am just trying to enjoy the ride, which is so much fun thus far! lol.

Likewise! Their chemistry was really great! I had to repeat their scenes multiple times.  

And yes, it's not "certain" yet whether Vincenzo and Cha Young would really be the end game since the relationship chart hasn't shown us that "heart" icon yet. Haha. But I think they are testing the waters now since they've been giving us those scenes already. 

Speaking of scenes, I can't help but be conflicted with Jun Woo. He was so happy after meeting Cha Young but when he turned around, surprise! Vincenzo was waiting for him in the house. I mean he's insane but I think there's more into his persona (maybe much brighter or darker) especially after seeing how he was before he thought of being shot by Vincenzo and hearing what he dreamt of after really being shot by Han Seo.

I hope to get the main trio's backstory as well maybe before or after the rest of the characters' real-character introduction. 

No complaints though on how things are going and sailing so far. I hope it's the weekend soon! :)

• Like 4

@BlackLotus1025 Whadaya mean they're "testing the waters"? I don't know how Kdramas scriptwriting works, but I would think the scriptwriter already has the entire story plotted out before they start filming, non? Or are they gauging audience reaction and writing the remaining episodes based on audience feedback?

• Like 1

A few of the show synopsis's already mentioned them catching feelings for each other. I do think it's just a matter of time before they at least admit their feelings and act on them once if not more times. I have faith, but also as I mentioned... the writers track record... I'm scared to get my hopes too far up for something more than just teasing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

@BlackLotus1025 Whadaya mean they're "testing the waters"? I don't know how Kdramas scriptwriting works, but I would think the scriptwriter already has the entire story plotted out before they start filming, non? Or are they gauging audience reaction and writing the remaining episodes based on audience feedback?

I think it's both. It's for sure that they already pictured Vincenzo and Cha Young in mind together but since this is not a fully completed show yet before it was aired, I've read from other posts somewhere that they still get some requests to not really include/to not really focus with the love angle since they want to focus more on Vincenzo/Song Joong Ki. But with everything's going on now (the show, Jeon Ye Bin, Taecyeon, the supporting casts are getting much more positive feedback) I think it's just a matter of time for us to see how CV's story will unravel. I think they are taking it slowly but surely like how we see CY and V's attempt to conceal what they've started to feel. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

@BlackLotus1025 Okay, where do we submit requests for there to be a storyline with loads of kissing scenes? Where's the writer's hotline where we can bombard them with our opinions?

I'm loving the flicking scenes, but yeah if I get one more of those instead of a kiss... I think my mind might implode. lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

@BlackLotus1025 Okay, where do we submit requests for there to be a storyline with loads of kissing scenes? Where's the writer's hotline where we can bombard them with our opinions?

Haha! I wish we could really do that. I guess their page might explode in no time. I think Naver/Daum usually has some board for that? I'm not really sure though. 

17 minutes ago, RobinM said:

If it’s live shoot they can quickly change the direction of the drama and plot lines according to audience preferences. 

Thanks @RobinM with this! I remember the drama "I Can See Your Voice" had to change the plot line (Lee Bo Young's character was supposed to end up with Yoon Sang Hyun's but ended up with Lee Jong Suk's) due to the audience's demand and I think there are some more of other stuff. Fortunately, Vincenzo's entire casts and show are mostly getting positive feedback now.

22 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

I'm loving the flicking scenes, but yeah if I get one more of those instead of a kiss... I think my mind might implode. lol.

Me, too! Imagine next time they have a bet, it'll be about who fell in love first. Haha. And the flicking finger punishment will be changed to a sudden kiss. Haha. But since this is an all-type-of-genre drama, I guess we have to be really patient with the "romance" part. Haha. 

• Like 6

Considering the ending, I think there are 3 possible ending that we have to prepare our hearts and minds to:

1. Happy ending :wow1: : the villains defeated/killed, babel and wusang destroyed, CY and VC together officially whether he stay in Jipuragi as advisor fighting against evil power together or they are of somewhere perhaps Malta because VC's warrant in Korea.

2. Open ending : the show is doing really well in terms of rating and popularity, so there always a chance they will make an open ending for season 2 :

- VC is shown killed, but then at the end we are shown clues that he is still alive somewhere, VC and CY are still not together but they acknowledge each other as someone precious. And VC is shown holding a momento from CY.

3.  Bitter sweet ending : VC will fight till the end, after babel settling his bad blood with the italian mob (perhaps the italian helps babel), and he got killed as a redemption for him. His deaths are mourned by many including CY and the geumga resident. (Noooooo... not this one)

What do guys think? I'm always rooting for happy ending one that our leads are together at the end. But, I'm not so sure about kissing scene (gosh, I hope the writter is a shipper).

21 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

Shall we take bets on who initiates the kiss? I am putting my money on VC. 

Me too.. I'm putting all my goguma on VC! Cmmon' now your supposed to be Italian, Vinnie! Just go for it think latter..  :hwaiting:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@suzy0604 given the hints they keep dropping about the smugglers, and assuming the scriptwriter follows the Chekov's Gun storytelling principle, I think VC and CY are going to escape by being smuggled out on a hot air balloon in the last episode.

21 minutes ago, itsmeash said:

It could go either way. But it really feels like V is holding back so I'm leaning more towards CY. Though it would be nice that since CY initiated the first real hug that V initiates the first kiss.

I feel like CY is too scared and wussy right now to go for a kiss. She practically punched him in panic when he caught her gazing at him.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

@suzy0604 given the hints they keep dropping about the smugglers, and assuming the scriptwriter follows the Chekov's Gun storytelling principle, I think VC and CY are going to escape by being smuggled out on a hot air balloon in the last episode.

I feel like CY is too scared and wussy right now to go for a kiss. She practically punched him in panic when he caught her gazing at him.  

Aah very good point!! And they are off somewhere in the sunset on the hot air balloon... :sparklyeyes:

Yup, CY will be unlikely to initiate the kiss, unless somehow she will think its the last chance for them to be together.

• Like 5

Unfortunately Drama rarely ever seem to have completely happy and /or closed ending anymore esp darker series.  I suppose they will destroy Babel, bad guys will be put away but There will be no romantic closure or declarations. Just two people we know are attracted to each other     Still dancing around the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

@suzy0604 Honestly I even posted on Tumblr about how I fear V won't live through the whole series, so that ending is always in my mind. I'd prefer a happy ending, obviously, but I'd take an open ending kinda like City Hunter (for example) but much more obvious that Vincha is together or will be someday.

@Le_Amarant Yes! I really want the series to end with VinCha in Malta (maybe with a baby on the way) just being happy and free. That's literally all V ever wanted... a family that is truly his to forever love him. Or heading to Malta in a Hot Air Balloon. I'll take either of the two. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Shall we take bets on who initiates the kiss? I am putting my money on VC. 

Haha! I am betting on Vincenzo, too! I think he'll be super worried at one point soon and seeing Cha Young safe might make him lose all his doubts and fears so he'll unhesitantly kiss her. Haha! But I'm torn since Cha Young is more aggressive between the two. Haha!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@suzy0604@RobinM @Le_Amarant reading your conversation about the possibility of an open ending makes me want to go cry in a corner ;__; i used to be team happy ending just because the cast has always said how this drama is going to feel like you’re constantly taking a swig of cider, watching the evil conglomerates and 1% be taken down. And given the writer’s track record, I didn’t think we were going to be getting a very nuanced commentary on evil and the different shades of it that reside in all of us. Some discussion, yes, but not to the extent that karma sees to it that the protagonist pays for their sins. I didn’t watch « the fiery priest » in its entirety, but the characters do end up going back to their happy lives after emerging victorious against their crooked opponents.

that being said, VC has been shown to be self-aware, almost remorseful of his past, so everything may very well be up in the air now. Without further ado, let us go bombard the Vincenzo production team board with our demands!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

Aah very good point!! And they are off somewhere in the sunset on the hot air balloon... :sparklyeyes:

Yup, CY will be unlikely to initiate the kiss, unless somehow she will think its the last chance for them to be together.

And maybe that hot air balloon will really have to have a landing in Guam. That might be their new place to live in with all the gold and everything. Haha! 

6 minutes ago, hankukin said:

@suzy0604@RobinM @Le_Amarant reading your conversation about the possibility of an open ending makes me want to go cry in a corner ;__; i used to be team happy ending just because the cast has always said how this drama is going to feel like you’re constantly taking a swig of cider, watching the evil conglomerates and 1% be taken down. And given the writer’s track record, I didn’t think we were going to be getting a very nuanced commentary on evil and the different shades of it that reside in all of us. Some discussion, yes, but not to the extent that karma sees to it that the protagonist pays for their sins. I didn’t watch « the fiery priest » in its entirety, but the characters do end up going back to their happy lives after emerging victorious against their crooked opponents.

that being said, VC has been shown to be self-aware, almost remorseful of his past, so everything may very well be up in the air now. Without further ado, let us go bombard the Vincenzo production team board with our demands!

And we all can wish that Vincenzo can be an exemption. Haha! **fingers crossed**

• Like 3
  • Love 2