[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Episode 12 was definitely a huge improvement over episode 11. There was a lot more plot progress, more Vincenzo/Cha Young and more focus on our antagonists.

- Loved Cha Young's fierce reaction to Jun Woo/Han Seok at the start of the episode. She was rightfully disgusted and furious with him! One slap, two slaps and she was ready to give him some more:angry: The nerve of JJW/HS still trying to play innocent

- Nice reveal that they had a plan to draw JW/HS out and work with Prosecutor Jung. So Vincenzo's Italian rules of revenge are: "Give your enemy what they fear most" and "Take away what they value most" and so far JW/HS has played into the first one by revealing his identity.  Between Vincenzo's mind games with the 'Bian'(:lol:)water and his "puppet" trying to kill him and seriously injuring him JJW was woken up swiftly from his God complex that he is still very much mortal and it's no longer so fun to dictate things from the shadows. He looks so handsome with the pushed back straight hair.  Some of us thought he should change his hair after his real identity was revealed but now I see it makes sense that the drama waited until his existence is revealed to the whole world to give him sleeker hair. I have been on and off about Tacyeon's acting but I think he was really good this episode especially in the hospital bed scene. 

- I can't help but feel sorry for Han Seok.  Like @tulip06 said in different circumstances he could have been normal.  I don't think he is a truly evil person - just warped and damaged after all these years under his brother's thumb.  I do think-if any of the villains can potentially be redeemed-it could be him.  Shout out as always to Kwak Dong Yeon's excellent acting in every scene. He looked so good in his hunting outfit too;) Both brothers did!

- Now there are clearly two factions in Babel/Wusang which will obviously work in Team Vincenzo's favour. Ever since their conversation about JW's motives last week there is a really weird chemistry between Choi Myung Hee and JW/HS now which goes beyond professional. I feel like he is manipulating her emotions to keep her on side.  He has turned her into his right hand (wo)man and I also noticed since last week she has started dressing a lot better.  Her clothes are suddenly a lot more professional and better fitted.

- I hope when Myung Hee finally gets her comeuppance it is via the white truck of doom. Does she just have it on retainer until she needs it to knock yet another person off? The way she relishes killing people whilst stuffing her face is so disgusting. I hope Jipuragi help the Union next episode.

- CenCha couple give off such couple energy without being a couple^_^ Just buying snacks-which Vincenzo immediately pays for like a good boyfriend should obviously!- and bickering comfortably.  I loved how we saw the return of their finger-flick but this time it was Cha Young's turn to catch feelings and, of course, she gives Vincenzo a minor concussion as opposed to how gentle he was with her.  Her confused and flustered reaction was so adorable and how she ran away and preoccupied herself with her pink bunny pointer:relaxed:  i'm totally fine with their progress so far.  I don't think they are ready to go any further yet and there is too much else for them to be preoccupied with.  Also, Vincenzo still implied at the beginning that he was going to leave.  Personally, I don't think we are going to get a confession until the final week.

- The introduction of the Guillotine file is a decent way to tie the gold back to the main plot because the gold was beginning to feel very superfluous to the story.  Good thing is as far was we know only Vincenzo knows that it is hidden with the gold.  As we had guessed, Mi Ri has a hacker background so she could be helpful with this.

- Mr Nam and CY's reaction to the gold revelation  was hilarious:lol::lol::lol: I love our little Jipuragi family! Vincenzo even said they were family, told them where the gold was hidden and even offered to give Cha Young and Mr Nam a cut so he loves them too!:lol:

- Vincenzo's new styling shows his increased comfort level. His hairstyle has loosened, dressing less formally in the office, wearing lighter colours.  He didn't wear a suit and tie at all in episode 12 unless he had a an appointment.

- I was really glad to see more Mr Cho this episode even though it involved him betraying Vincenzo for the gold. I have had my eye on Choi Young-Joon since first seeing him in Flower of Evil and I think he has great chemistry with Song Joong Ki.  Like, I would love to see them in a drama as brothers or best friends.  We already know Mr Cho doesn't have  an average background considering he was working with the Italian Mafia and Chinese gangsters but he seemed to be loyal to Vincenzo until now.  I wonder if it was always the plan to betray him or if he got greedier now he is in debt?  is the debt story even true? If has really stolen all that gold, then he must be working with somebody organised.  How and where does Mr An recognise him from?

- I think Vincenzo got too greedy this episode and will pay the price by losing the gold and the file.  He practically had gold bars in his eyes during the scenes with Mr Cho! Understandable, as he is only human and finally being able to access billions of won of gold would make anyone a bit crazy.  I think if he wasn't so fixated on the gold he would have been more cautious or had a back-up plan especially as Mr Cho showed with whistle-blowing the temple that he wasn't above going behind Vincenzo's back.

- I found the humour worked better in this episode than ep. 11. Mr Nam is my favourite and everything from his reaction to the gold, being used as a test subject to his upset at being left out of the secrets had me laughing out loud:lol: I also find Bye Bye Balloon leader and team entertaining.  Same for the cameos by the vagrant, Gilbeot and the Wusang lawyer impressions guy. SJK is a surprisingly good comic actor when needed - his reactions to Mr Cho's confession was hilarious. Agent An was funny as there wasn't so much focus on him and he helped further the plot. The tenants continue to be same old same old:phew: I felt like maybe someone was listening to our complaints when they sent them off to the hot springs LMAO! 

:waves:So nice to see our thread growing and growing! Welcome to the thread all our new posters @Casual Couch Carrot @Phoenix Klaw @Hey Let me do all the choreography then and welcome back to your original account lol @BlackLotus1025 (I hope I didn't miss any other new posters:sweatingbullets:)

On 3/29/2021 at 7:17 AM, Le_Amarant said:

Ugh, why haven't they updated the line between VC and CY to have hearts? They trying to keep viewers in suspense till the last episode? 

This is just a fan edit lol!

16 hours ago, chuu18 said:

I bet it was fake crying too, it looked so HCY-ish hahah. And Yes, I was shocked to see the BTS floating around so soon when I went into twitter! Just waiting for the translations and I’m glad they gave us the BTS of the two most memorable scenes in ep 11 and 12! ㅋㅋㅋ

My guess is he is fake crying and pretending Mr Cho forced him to find reveal gold or stopped him telling the tenants. Obviously, the audience knows he was working with Mr Cho behind the tenants back the whole time:D

18 hours ago, Hey Let me do all the choreography then said:

Going back to Ep 12, when the tenant hacker heard the conversation between Mr. Cho and VC, we only saw VC leaving but not the other two, which leads to my guess that she mightve heard something about Mr. Cho's betrayal (perhaps Mr. Cho's conversation with someone else over the phone or something?) and hence wants to warn and join hands with VC. She was also seen sitting and fidgeting about something inside her room, she also warns VC about the story of CEO ghost in the basements (she could be trying to warn him about Mr. Cho's betrayal). In addition, I don't believe she would easily fall for the hot spring trick. This is also in line with her character since she also doesn't want many people to share the gold with. 

Good points about Mi Ri. From her eavesdropping she has worked out the gold is under Nanyak Temple but we definitely see her leaving on the bus with the rest of the tenants. Unless she made them let her off early so she can run back? But I don't think CY and Mr Nam would allow that.

22 hours ago, chuu18 said:

Oh cute!! VC aka SJK took these photos which JYB posted on her instagram! ^_^ I was just trying to translate those words she posted but couldn’t get the right meaning lol. 

That's so cute! Love that he captured her pretty smile:blush: Seems like such a good atmosphere on the set between everyone in the cast and crew. I'm glad they all get along so well:) 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

I am really much hoping VC and CY get a happy ending.

18 hours ago, BlackLotus1025 said:

I think the upper part states "Let's shoot gold!". And it says Geum Gwa Plaza in the middle. Geum Gwa literally translates to gold, too. Haha. They also put the total amount of gold which is about 15 tons. They converted it to grams, too. Haha. 15 tons = 15, 000, 000 grams. I tried to pause the video picture but it's too dark and the subtitles and Mr. Nam's blocking the view. The lower left shows Ji Pu Ra Gi can get 40% which is equals to 58 billion won.  

Thank-you for translating!:).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Episode 12 was definitely a huge improvement over episode 11. There was a lot more plot progress, more Vincenzo/Cha Young and more focus on our antagonists.

- Loved Cha Young's fierce reaction to Jun Woo/Han Seok at the start of the episode. She was rightfully disgusted and furious with him! One slap, two slaps and she was ready to give him some more:angry: The nerve of JJW/HS still trying to play innocent

- Nice reveal that they had a plan to draw JW/HS out and work with Prosecutor Jung. So Vincenzo's Italian rules of revenge are: "Give your enemy what they fear most" and "Take away what they value most" and so far JW/HS has played into the first one by revealing his identity.  Between Vincenzo's mind games with the 'Bian'(:lol:)water and his "puppet" trying to kill him and seriously injuring him JJW was woken up swiftly from his God complex that he is still very much mortal and it's no longer so fun to dictate things from the shadows. He looks so handsome with the pushed back straight hair.  Some of us thought he should change his hair after his real identity was revealed but now I see it makes sense that the drama waited until his existence is revealed to the whole world to give him sleeker hair. I have been on and off about Tacyeon's acting but I think he was really good this episode especially in the hospital bed scene. 

- I can't help but feel sorry for Han Seok.  Like @tulip06 said in different circumstances he could have been normal.  I don't think he is a truly evil person - just warped and damaged after all these years under his brother's thumb.  I do think-if any of the villains can potentially be redeemed-it could be him.  Shout out as always to Kwak Dong Yeon's excellent acting in every scene. He looked so good in his hunting outfit too;) Both brothers did!

- Now there are clearly two factions in Babel/Wusang which will obviously work in Team Vincenzo's favour. Ever since their conversation about JW's motives last week there is a really weird chemistry between Choi Myung Hee and JW/HS now which goes beyond professional. I feel like he is manipulating her emotions to keep her on side.  He has turned her into his right hand (wo)man and I also noticed since last week she has started dressing a lot better.  Her clothes are suddenly a lot more professional and better fitted.

- I hope when Myung Hee finally gets her comeuppance it is via the white truck of doom. Does she just have it on retainer until she needs it to knock yet another person off? The way she relishes killing people whilst stuffing her face is so disgusting. I hope Jipuragi help the Union next episode.

- CenCha couple give off such couple energy without being a couple^_^ Just buying snacks-which Vincenzo immediately pays for like a good boyfriend should obviously!- and bickering comfortably.  I loved how we saw the return of their finger-flick but this time it was Cha Young's turn to catch feelings and, of course, she gives Vincenzo a minor concussion as opposed to how gentle he was with her.  Her confused and flustered reaction was so adorable and how she ran away and preoccupied herself with her pink bunny pointer:relaxed:  i'm totally fine with their progress so far.  I don't think they are ready to go any further yet and there is too much else for them to be preoccupied with.  Also, Vincenzo still implied at the beginning that he was going to leave.  Personally, I don't think we are going to get a confession until the final week.

- The introduction of the Guillotine file is a decent way to tie the gold back to the main plot because the gold was beginning to feel very superfluous to the story.  Good thing is as far was we know only Vincenzo knows that it is hidden with the gold.  As we had guessed, Mi Ri has a hacker background so she could be helpful with this.

- Mr Nam and CY's reaction to the gold revelation  was hilarious:lol::lol::lol: I love our little Jipuragi family! Vincenzo even said they were family, told them where the gold was hidden and even offered to give Cha Young and Mr Nam a cut so he loves them too!:lol:

- Vincenzo's new styling shows his increased comfort level. His hairstyle has loosened, dressing less formally in the office, wearing lighter colours.  He didn't wear a suit and tie at all in episode 12 unless he had a an appointment.

- I was really glad to see more Mr Cho this episode even though it involved him betraying Vincenzo for the gold. I have had my eye on Choi Young-Joon since first seeing him in Flower of Evil and I think he has great chemistry with Song Joong Ki.  Like, I would love to see them in a drama as brothers or best friends.  We already know Mr Cho doesn't have  an average background considering he was working with the Italian Mafia and Chinese gangsters but he seemed to be loyal to Vincenzo until now.  I wonder if it was always the plan to betray him or if he got greedier now he is in debt?  is the debt story even true? If has really stolen all that gold, then he must be working with somebody organised.  How and where does Mr An recognise him from?

- I think Vincenzo got too greedy this episode and will pay the price by losing the gold and the file.  He practically had gold bars in his eyes during the scenes with Mr Cho! Understandable, as he is only human and finally being able to access billions of won of gold would make anyone a bit crazy.  I think if he wasn't so fixated on the gold he would have been more cautious or had a back-up plan especially as Mr Cho showed with whistle-blowing the temple that he wasn't above going behind Vincenzo's back.

- I found the humour worked better in this episode than ep. 11. Mr Nam is my favourite and everything from his reaction to the gold, being used as a test subject to his upset at being left out of the secrets had me laughing out loud:lol: I also find Bye Bye Balloon leader and team entertaining.  Same for the cameos by the vagrant, Gilbeot and the Wusang lawyer impressions guy. SJK is a surprisingly good comic actor when needed - his reactions to Mr Cho's confession was hilarious. Agent An was funny as there wasn't so much focus on him and he helped further the plot. The tenants continue to be same old same old:phew: I felt like maybe someone was listening to our complaints when they sent them off to the hot springs LMAO! 

So nice to see our thread growing and growing! Welcome to the thread all our new posters @Casual Couch Carrot @Phoenix Klaw @Hey Let me do all the choreography then and welcome back to your original account lol @BlackLotus1025 (I hope I didn't miss any other new posters:sweatingbullets:)

This is just a fan edit lol!

My guess is he is fake crying and pretending Mr Cho forced him to find reveal gold or stopped him telling the tenants. Obviously, the audience knows he was working with Mr Cho behind the tenants back the whole time:D

Good points about Mi Ri. From her eavesdropping she has worked out the gold is under Nanyak Temple but we definitely see her leaving on the bus with the rest of the tenants. Unless she made them let her off early so she can run back? But I don't think CY and Mr Nam would allow that.

That's so cute! Love that he captured her pretty smile:blush: Seems like such a good atmosphere on the set between everyone in the cast and crew. I'm glad they all get along so well:) 

Hi there, too, @raziela! Yes, thank you! I'm so elated that I got this account back. 

Since you've mentioned about Jun Woo's new hairstyle, I kind of thought that Vincenzo and he are going to have a "bangs" battle. Both of them have bangs now. Haha.

I still can't confirm whether Choi Myung Hee is really into the dark side. She's really unforgivable having people killed just so she can get what she wants from them, but a part of me thinks that she's just acting up, too. I remember her character introduction as someone who's not really unjust, and that high ranked prosecutor's comment saying he thought CMH can never be bought. Maybe she's just doing stuff like that to seek evidence on how she can destroy Babel and its chairman. The chairman of Babel was what she intended to get to know in the first place.  One thing also that finds me thinking is when she and Vincenzo had to make some deal (that high ranked prosecutor agreeing to her demands in exchange of her releasing Cha Young from the jail). I think there's more to that especially when Vincenzo just allowed their side to lose when Shin Kwang Bank decided to invest in Babel knowing that he has some evidences to use against Kim Sung Cheol's mom who was really the reason behind his mother's imprisonment. I mean he could've just threatened her, but he didn't. I was thinking maybe he let them win on purpose so Jun Woo (who's real identity wasn't disclosed yet with Vincenzo at that time) would think that CMH is really capable of something. 

Regarding Vincenzo telling that he'll still leave the country, maybe he will leave the country as Vincenzo and will probably go back using his Korean name after some time (maybe a time jump will happen). Haha! 

Speaking of Mi Ri, Mr. An, and Mr. Cho, what if the three of them are all a part of connected International Agencies? Haha! That'd be funny and interesting! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

TVN have now completely deleted the controversial bibimbap scene from all platforms.

Sadly, I suppose that means we also lost their conversation from that scene too:tears: I hope we get another conversation to replace that one. 

This account has the cutest fanart^_^

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, raziela said:

TVN have now completely deleted the controversial bibimbap scene from all platforms.

Sadly, I suppose that means we also lost their conversation from that scene too:tears: I hope we get another conversation to replace that one. 

Aw, that's so sad. It has one of the most heart-skipping moments we have of them. But yeah, I guess it can't be helped. So unfortunate.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Sad 2

A couple of pictures of Jang Jun Woo/Jang Han Seok for you guys! :)

spacer.png

How do I make pics smaller? I'm afraid the pictures will be too big. I'll just post one instead. 

I just found out on the net that Vincenzo is an Italian male given name, derived from Latin name Vincentius (the verb vincere means to win or to conquer). Interesting! 

• Like 4

Vincenzo: Episode 12

by quirkycase

Vincenzo12-00758.jpg

There’s turmoil both outside and inside Babel as our leads continue wreaking havoc and factions begin to emerge within Babel’s inner circle. It’s a game of survival at this point, and everyone is taking risks. Meanwhile, the gold hunt is ongoing at Geumga Plaza, and new information surfaces that suggests there may be more than just gold buried underneath the temple.

EPISODE 12

Right as Vincenzo goes to shoot, Prosecutor Jung shoots a blank into the air. A tear of relief and fear falls from Joon-woo’s eye. Prosecutor Jung is flanked by several officials with guns, and he orders Vincenzo to drop his weapon. Vincenzo yells that Joon-woo is really Jang Han-seok while Joon-woo screams and cries that he’s not.

Joon-woo secretly smiles at Vincenzo and dares him to shoot. Vincenzo tamps down on his rage and finally lowers his gun, allowing the prosecutors to handcuff him. Ever since Prosecutor Jung found bloodstains in the underpass, he’s been keeping tabs on Vincenzo which led him here.

Cha-young meets Joon-woo as he and Myung-hee are leaving the prosecution office. He tries to play innocent and deny his identity, but Cha-young delivers two hard slaps across his face. Even still, Joon-woo begs Cha-young to listen and keeps lying.

She goes off on him for deceiving her all this time but mostly for all the remorseless murders he’s committed. Cha-young says he’s not even human and doesn’t deserve to live. When he again protests his innocence, Myung-hee has to hold Cha-young back from pummeling him.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/vincenzo-episode-12/

Vincenzo12-00758.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

From the previews, it seems Vincenzo and Chayoung, Myung hee and Joonwoo, Attorney Han and Hanseo will all have a sit down with ProsecutorJung. Can’t wait to watch this especially with Chayoung there!!!!!
does anyone else get confused with the whole Han Seo, Han Seok??? It’s easier for me to use Joonwoo than Hanseok

• Like 4

@hankukin I can't help but look at Song Joong Ki and Taecyeon's bangs. Haha! I feel like the bangs are having some competition in there, too. Haha. 

3 hours ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

From the previews, it seems Vincenzo and Chayoung, Myung hee and Joonwoo, Attorney Han and Hanseo will all have a sit down with ProsecutorJung. Can’t wait to watch this especially with Chayoung there!!!!!
does anyone else get confused with the whole Han Seo, Han Seok??? It’s easier for me to use Joonwoo than Hanseok

Hello! At first, it was confusing. Haha. But what I'm more confused of was on how to call Taecyeon's character. Haha. I don't know if I should addressed him as Jang Jun Woo or Jang Han Seok. Haha. 

Speaking of Jang, one of the tenants' (the wife of Cheol Wook (the beanie guy) surname is also Jang. She's Jang Yeon Jin. Haha. I hope that her real identity isn't connected to the conflicted Jangs since her character hasn't specifically shown to us yet. My guess is that she's a former weightlifter. Haha.

And likewise! I can't wait to watch the 13th episode. I wonder what kind of feels it'll give us all. Haha.

Two more days for the next episode! **counting hours**

• Like 5

Full version is up now! I love the part about the motivation bit; it really seems like the cast and crew try their hardest to create a positive experience on set, which reflects in the final product and the palpable chemistry among all the characters <33

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1