Give me badges!

Lmangla

I need to go shopping!   

77 members have voted

1. 1. give me badges!

• mr. winter garden (YYS/Hospital playlist) - @Lawyerh
    • truck of doom - @phikyl
    • truck of doom ~ @frozentundra
    • Feed me (It's the hacker ahjummah from Healer): frozentundra (#2)
    • Don't kiss me until the drama is 3/4 done: frozentundra (#3)
    • kdrama food badge - @gm4queen (#1)
    • Slow burning Romance Badge (juggler kiss / daniel choi) - gm4queen (#2)
    • add & subtract coffee badge - gm4queen (#3)
    • let the drama begin (hospital playlist / Kim Dae Myung) - @Kaizen68 (#1)
    • my oppa rocks (JJS / hospital playlist ) - kaizen68 (#2)
    • over feels villains (JJS) - kaizen68 (#3)
    • game over shipper - @im0202 (#1)
    • give me glass of soju - food - im0202 (#2)
    • I love saeguk drama (hanbok - fan feels) - im0202 (#3)
    • kimchi slap - @staygold
    • truck of doom - @jadecloud (#1)
    • kdrama food - ramyeon - jadecloud (#2)
    • sinking ship LOL - jadecloud (#3)
    • perro army (lee seung gi and dog) - @Sushimi
  2. 2. I need more!

• feed me (lee jung suk & cherry/plum) - @ibru (#1)
    • one more episode! - fan feels - ibru (#2)
    • handsome oppa detective - ibru (#3)
    • lee min ho & ramyeon - @bairama
    • you are gold - @stroppyse
    • welcome to oppaland - @Alice Wonderland
    • marry ikjun - @JJS's Fan-atics
    • lets ship! - @lyrically aesthetic
    • oppa & myself (YYS / hospital playlist) - @kokodus

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/09/2020 at 04:00 PM

chingus, if you haven't seen them already -- there have been a number of new features including the members shop and soompi points. check out announcements and members shop (top left of the page, there are tabs - browse, activity, rules, clubs, members shop, applications)

are you good at photo shop? art work? here's your chance to show off those skills in a new event where you get to design some badges for the soompi community. these badges will be used for event prizes as well as to using points to buy in the members shop.

how is this going to work? you have 5 days to design your work. last day for final design submission will be July 7, korea time 11 PM. then the next 2 days, the community will vote on the badges they like and would be interested in buying at the members shop. the poll will close on July 9, korea time 11 PM. based on the number of submissions, some will be selected by the soompi staff.

what do you get out of this? to have fun! stretch your creative muscles and see your work involved in this lovely nice community of ours! this will be a friendly competition and this means you can chat with each other over the five days. you can get feedback from each other as well as the community on your preliminary designs. all participants as well as winners will get points they can use to redeem at the members shop.

here are the specs:

1. The badges should ideally be of PNG format with a file size under 500KB (optional with transparent background). The dimensions of the picture don't matter because they get automatically rescaled. The badges should appeal to a general audience of all ages (so no violent, sexual-implied, offensive, obscene 18+ content).

2. shape of badge will be a square with round edges -- similar to how your display/profile picture looks.

3. you can use original artwork or play around with images from uncle google's library. it is up to you! you are free to use any app you like - inkscape, adobe, paint shop etc.

4. choose one of the themes!

here are the themes and these are open to interpretation:-

1. truck of doom - kdrama

2. "pour me that liquid" slap! --  kimchi/water/orange juice/soju. 

3. "because one oppa is not enough. I need more!" / "My multiple oppas!" / "me and my oppas" - reflect fan feels! actors threads

4. "don't kiss me till the drama is 3/4 way done"/ "slow burn is the only way to romance" - kdrama

5. "poor fella; lets give a hug" - second lead love! - kdrama

6. "feed me" - kdrama food (kimchi, tebokki, kimbap, rice, banana milk, ice cream, bbq, soju, burger, subway) and other fav foods like cupcakes and french fries that we all love!

7. "sparkle, sparkle, put on those sequins and dance, dance" - kpop

8. "rock my ship!" - shipper

9. "want to play?" - variety

10. event prizes - 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, honourable mention, participant badge -- animals that incorporate 1, 2, and HM and look cute. for example, a giraffe with an 1, an elephant as a 2, and a hippopotamus with an HM, migrating herd animals like butterflies or wildebeest for participant badge. choice of animals would be up to you!

if you would like to participate, please let us know by posting here and picking a theme that you would be working on! you are free to pick as many themes as you like -- it all depends on your creativity and time. please tag your soompi chingus here who contribute to threads using their photo shop / art work skills. click those buttons, laugh and have fun!

enjoy! am looking forward to what chingus come up with and seeing their work being used in the community! fun times! :cheers:

event ideas/suggestions - thanks to @angelangie @Lawyerh @Hanyeoun @stroppyse @phikyl :glasses:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello dear @Lmangla chingu & wave to dear @Lawyerh @triplem @Sushimi & other chingus as well! 

:dorakiss:

I am so excited that Soompi is finally asking for our help! :D Thanks a lot for creating such an event for us to showcase our skills! :) I am a professional graphic designer & I am so eager to join the challenge but I am so busy these days so I am not so sure if I can make it within 5 days, honestly! 

But I am so happy to share my Photoshop artworks here as it is! :heart:

1. This is something I painted in photoshop by myself! No additional plug-ins! Texture & lightning are all by myself! B)

106452827_2555309308113933_3852529709073

2. This is my favorite of all that I painted my one & only Korean oppa love in Photoshop by myself! (He is all enough for me so I won't pick 3rd theme at all :D) No additional plug-ins! Eye-glasses, texture & lightning are all by myself! B) Photoshop has all you need when you paint human hair!

105954652_2555309314780599_3289280425143

3. This is something different of all! This is called Photoshop manipulation! It's combined with 4 different pics I downloaded from Google & combined them in a fantasy method! :D He he.. Totally my imagination! I hope you guys will like my effort!

106132709_2555309361447261_6758556877878

This is another skill out of topic here but wanna share it with my Soompi friends! Using 3ds Max 2014, modeling, texturing, lightning & rendering are all done by me. I used Photoshop only to do some color corrections! :wub: He he.. Feeling hungry! :D 

Spoiler

105672310_2555309341447263_3578022530332

So dear @Lmangla chingu, if you are satisfied with my photoshop skills, please contact me anytime! I will try my best to love & support our Soompi community! :thumbsup:

And why don't we get some help with 3ds Max to improve our image qualities & have a more realistic 3 dimensional environment here??! It will take more time for Soompi to load the stuff but I am so excited to know if I can be any help! 

Thanks a lot & regards! :kiss_wink:

super @gm4queen; so here, am tagging your #1 and #4 for category - kdrama food; #2 for category "me and my oppas"; #3 for slow burn to romance.

39 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I am so excited that Soompi is finally asking for our help! :D Thanks a lot for creating such an event for us to showcase our skills! :) I am a professional graphic designer & I am so eager to join the challenge but I am so busy these days so I am not so sure if I can make it within 5 days, honestly! 

kekeke..... we are not looking for anything super professional. just amateur level. thats why we thought of 5 days. basically we are thinking of someone who has an hour to kill or more this weekend and the next few days --so 1-15 hours of work max - nothing too fancy... and if folks have collages or fan art works already in their drive, they can tweak it to these themes.

39 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

So dear @Lmangla chingu, if you are satisfied with my photoshop skills, please contact me anytime! I will try my best to love & support our Soompi community! 

super! am tagging @Hanyeoun and @ebullient so they can be aware as well. :D

so excited to see the first entry! :sparklyeyes:

45 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

super @gm4queen; so here, am tagging your #1 and #4 for category - kdrama food; #2 for category "me and my oppas"; #3 for slow burn to romance.

kekeke..... we are not looking for anything super professional. just amateur level. thats why we thought of 5 days. basically we are thinking of someone who has an hour to kill or more this weekend and the next few days --so 1-15 hours of work max - nothing too fancy... and if folks have collages or fan art works already in their drive, they can tweak it to these themes.

Wow! I love the categories you named & tagged for me, friend! :) I think I can make it in just one day! Ha ha ha.. I am so intriguing to do this now! So please count me in! :) I will go start working on it right away!

And can you please tell me what size should I use in square badges for applying on this task??! 500x500px or something convenient like that?! If we use high resolution images, it would be more clear to see the badges! B)

And for the K-drama food category, can I use the cupcakes I modeled???! Or should it look like more cartoonish or 2d type?! :D

Thanks a lot & regards! :wub:

18 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And can you please tell me what size should I use in square badges for applying on this task??! 500x500px or something convenient like that?! If we use high resolution images, it would be more clear to see the badges! 

kekke.... am really bad at tech, so I hope I answer this correctly (from specs above) -- The dimensions of the picture don't matter because they get automatically rescaled. The badges should ideally be of PNG format with a file size under 500KB (optional with transparent background).

the badges would appear on the profile page under the 'trophies & medals' section as well as your profile (left side of post box) when you post.

20 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And for the K-drama food category, can I use the cupcakes I modeled???! Or should it look like more cartoonish or 2d type?! 

as you wish! :D  I am personally fond of cartoonish 2D images as they look cute but the ones you made are really neat and am sure some would love to have those as badges.

22 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Wow! I love the categories you named & tagged for me, friend! :) I think I can make it in just one day! Ha ha ha.. I am so intriguing to do this now! So please count me in! :) I will go start working on it right away!

super! looking forward to seeing more of your work.

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekke.... am really bad at tech, so I hope I answer this correctly (from specs above) -- The dimensions of the picture don't matter because they get automatically rescaled. The badges should ideally be of PNG format with a file size under 500KB (optional with transparent background).

the badges would appear on the profile page under the 'trophies & medals' section as well as your profile (left side of post box) when you post.

as you wish! :D  I am personally fond of cartoonish 2D images as they look cute but the ones you made are really neat and am sure some would love to have those as badges.

super! looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Dear friend, you have answered me perfectly! No worries at all! That's all I needed to know! The badges should be in 2D :warning: My thoughts exactly!!! And since it should be under 500KB, i have to find out the exact resolution which fits all the requirements! i think 500x500px is more than better in this case! My profile pic is 500x500px & it's only 175KB in size! But since it's in high resolution, his face is clearly seen! :)

I am already having a loads of ideas for designing badges, dear! B) Please look forward! I will try my best! :wub:

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

wow this picture is amazing.....however if u change the dinosaur to a dragon i will love it even more ;) u're good come and join the competition, pick a category u like and do it :D  come come join us, u're really good

Wow! Thanks a lot dear friend for reposting my image! I honestly feel so happy that my skills are getting love from Soompi friends! And of course I will change him in to a dragon & repost the newest pic here! :):wub: Please look forward!

Have a nice day, friend! See you! :heart: :)

does lee seung gi have two dogs @Sushimi or one? and curious about the breed. they look different. I seriously thought you are going to do a badge for your love of voice fella. hahahah...

@im0202 ~ will you also be joining us this event? what badge theme are you picking?

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

@Lawyerh @Alice Wonderland I am just doing it for the love of his dog and himIm not that advance in photoshop etc but okay..good enough to me. LO

:Megalol:  oh gosh sushi! Thsnks. I got pretty emotional after finishing IONTO just before. Thankfully, you give me the mood to write my thoughts of it. 

I just realized the dog is grown up so big now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFRrwibwrliHo8uNmP_7S

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb-dkNnsg24zpEF_F4UIf

Opps... I thought this is there but turned out the other new thread. OMG... I typed minus two just now. :wut:

10 hours ago, Lmangla said:

chingus, if you haven't seen them already -- there have been a number of new features including the members shop and soompi points. check out announcements and members shop (top left of the page, there are tabs - browse, activity, rules, clubs, members shop, applications)

are you good at photo shop? art work? here's your chance to show off those skills in a new event where you get to design some badges for the soompi community. these badges will be used for event prizes as well as to using points to buy in the members shop.

how is this going to work? you have 5 days to design your work. last day for final design submission will be July 7, korea time 11 PM. then the next 2 days, the community will vote on the badges they like and would be interested in buying at the members shop. the poll will close on July 9, korea time 11 PM. based on the number of submissions, some will be selected by the soompi staff.

what do you get out of this? to have fun! stretch your creative muscles and see your work involved in this lovely nice community of ours! this will be a friendly competition and this means you can chat with each other over the five days. you can get feedback from each other as well as the community on your preliminary designs. all participants as well as winners will get points they can use to redeem at the members shop.

here are the specs:

1. The badges should ideally be of PNG format with a file size under 500KB (optional with transparent background). The dimensions of the picture don't matter because they get automatically rescaled. The badges should appeal to a general audience of all ages (so no violent, sexual-implied, offensive, obscene 18+ content).

2. shape of badge will be a square with round edges -- similar to how your display/profile picture looks.

3. you can use original artwork or play around with images from uncle google's library. it is up to you! you are free to use any app you like - inkscape, adobe, paint shop etc.

4. choose one of the themes!

here are the themes and these are open to interpretation:-

1. truck of doom - kdrama

2. "pour me that liquid" slap! --  kimchi/water/orange juice/soju. 

3. "because one oppa is not enough. I need more!" / "My multiple oppas!" / "me and my oppas" - reflect fan feels! actors threads

4. "don't kiss me till the drama is 3/4 way done"/ "slow burn is the only way to romance" - kdrama

5. "poor fella; lets give a hug" - second lead love! - kdrama

6. "feed me" - kdrama food (kimchi, tebokki, kimbap, rice, banana milk, ice cream, bbq, soju, burger, subway) and other fav foods like cupcakes and french fries that we all love!

7. "sparkle, sparkle, put on those sequins and dance, dance" - kpop

8. "rock my ship!" - shipper

9. "want to play?" - variety

10. event prizes - 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, honourable mention, participant badge -- animals that incorporate 1, 2, and HM and look cute. for example, a giraffe with an 1, an elephant as a 2, and a hippopotamus with an HM, migrating herd animals like butterflies or wildebeest for participant badge. choice of animals would be up to you!

if you would like to participate, please let us know by posting here and picking a theme that you would be working on! you are free to pick as many themes as you like -- it all depends on your creativity and time. please tag your soompi chingus here who contribute to threads using their photo shop / art work skills. click those buttons, laugh and have fun!

enjoy! am looking forward to what chingus come up with and seeing their work being used in the community! fun times! :cheers:

event ideas/suggestions - thanks to @angelangie @Lawyerh @Hanyeoun @stroppyse @phikyl :glasses:

Hi @Lmangla

I'm not professional in Photoshop and do it only from time to time...

I have never made badges...  But will try to do some...

This is my very old work from 2016

f260ec236fb38676f916b1dee80ae095.jpg

@frozentundra @ezze let's do it!

8 minutes ago, ibru said:

Hi @Lmangla

I'm not professional in Photoshop and do it only from time to time...

I have never made badges...  But will try to do some...

This is my very old work from 2016

the event is all about having fun and getting involved in the community -- so no worries if you are not professional. the pic you posted looks great! it can be entry for category -- "slow burn romance" :)

"me and my oppas" - reflect fan feels!

I never done badges or use photoshop but if I can I will do budges about  fan feels about their oppa 

if gif badges allowed this will be mine 

#How I can go deep see to save my oppa :joy:
ezgif-6-f5d83aef68f9.gif

LOL @triplem; you already got 6 pack chocolate abs medal. you want more? :P but then again, hot oppa badge is better looking than abs badge? the category for you should be "because one oppa is not good enough" / "me and my oppas". :heythere:

I'm nowhere near the level of everyone else on here so far [ can I just say WOW, ya'll are really talented!] but I'll join in with my much more rudimentary skills. #10 for sure and maybe a couple others. We'll have to see how much time I have.

Can I request a reminder announcement the night before so everyone remembers to post their stuff? 

Edit to add.......My submissions:

Spoiler

Category 1: truckofdoom.png

Category 10: 1stgiraffe.png nyancat.png  singingrobot.png

Larger versions: doomlarger.pnggiraffelarger.pngnyancatlarger.pngsingingrobotlarger.png

8 hours ago, phikyl said:

Can I request a reminder announcement the night before so everyone remembers to post their stuff? 

ooh, good idea, will do! thanks for your entry! very colourful. am loving the truck of doom. why do I find this trope so hilarious and cute? :sweatingbullets:

8 hours ago, jeijei said:

For ideas, here's what Viki badges look like: 

https://www.viki.com/users/bjohnsonwong/badges

ooh, can we have a page like this @Hanyeoun @ebullient where we can see the list of badges, trophies and medals before we buy?

@ibru ~ so who are the other two people in the "feed me" category? they look familiar but can't place them. could you re-attach your entry for kpop? am not sure if it is at my end but am not able to see the image - just a file name.

Archived