[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

35 minutes ago, Raffles said:

So, time to make the call. Will Kim Byung In sacrifice his life for So Bong or will he live? I am seriously on the wall.

Story logic tells me he has to die, to give his life for her. He had no purpose or direction in his life until he saw the opportunity to protect his beloved Kim So Yong by embracing power. This is the neatest resolution of his story arc and the single most selfless act he can do to redeem himself. “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known," said Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities in similar circumstances.

On the other hand, these writers are perfectly capable of writing a palace intrigue in which everyone lives. If she has come off the pedestal he put her on, he might be able to move on.

BI is a very valuable asset as a politician. Way better than the whole Kim Clan and CJ himself combined. His only flaw is his unhealthy obsession toward his cousin. He can redeems himself without the needs to sacrifices his life. If HJ can, why BI can't?? :approves:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I've been listening to this song (I love it!) and, as I was reading the lyrics, I thought it matched with one of my theories. 

"Even if I'm born again, you're the only one I love"

This part of the song kinda comfirms that JBH is KSY's reincarnation and that SY and CJ will love each other even after they live their first life. So, I've been thinking... what if CJ & SY are souls that are meant to love each other and reincarnate multiple times and fall in love time and again? 

I've been thinking this is the case because they met during the first snow (this means that their love will last a long time) and when CJ first met SB he told her "I will be your husband forever" and hugged her.

Spoiler

I think their future hug will be a callback to that moment. CJ may say those words to SB for a second time now that they are in love. I think it will be a parallel.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

There is a possibility that BI may still live to see the end of the series. But they need to come up with a good redemption arc for him because the SY obsession and his contempt for the King is a huge turn-off. 

I am looking forward to that song KJH wrote and will sing for the OST. This series has one of the best line-ups so far and it has been on constant loop in my Spotify since they've been released.:heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Shin Hye Sun’s agency released a BTS clip of Lee Saeng Mang moments. She’s like a sunshine.

Why do I find it so funny that this guy went around a filming set while carrying Kim Jung Hyun’s slippers?  :joy:

Actor playing Director Hong praised both SHS and KJH highly.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Blob 6

Guess we’re not getting any stills today as they don’t want to give anything away for the last two episodes? Even both video and text preview told us nothing practically :joy:

I’m honestly so nervous about the ending and the whole identity issue. But as I said I just have to trust the writers not to screw up this gem of the drama!

Meanwhile I’ll just stare at Kim Jung Hyun’s face to ease my anxiety LOL.

phESWQW.jpg

His bare face VS with makeup on.

The fact that he actually looks way hotter with his bare face is really crazy.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 6

Im not sure if anyone noticed, KJH is totally different in his recent two IG Live at home compared to the one he did with Hyesun at the filming site. It's like im seeing two different persons! One is so prim & proper and serious while the latter shows so much aegyo. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

3 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Im not sure if anyone noticed, KJH is totally different in his recent two IG Live at home compared to the one he did with Hyesun at the filming site. It's like im seeing two different persons! One is so prim & proper and serious while the latter shows so much aegyo. :lol:

The one at home is SEXIER, dreamier  .... is that how he is , off-screen?

He can playful during bts but still somehow, when he is himself, he is different.

Can someone else tell me I am wrong :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Guess he has more sides to him like everyone else. Just like us, mortals, when your crush *coughSHScough* is around you tend to act more cutely. He really spoke with so much aegyo when he was around her LOL.

While at home he’s recommending Albert Camus to read. :loolz:He apparently read 100 books while serving in military.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, cenching said:

BI is a very valuable asset as a politician. Way better than the whole Kim Clan and CJ himself combined. His only flaw is his unhealthy obsession toward his cousin. He can redeems himself without the needs to sacrifices his life. If HJ can, why BI can't?? :approves:

I don’t see it that way. IMO, BI is acting like a middle man, he has nothing to loose (almost nothing to loose). But there is power struggle for CJ, Andong Kim Clan and also Jo Clan (?).

CJ was originally a mere puppet, he was choosen because he is weak and dumb. He has no allies, no political power, no money to buy people’s loyalty. While BI has Andong Kim Clan behind him (don’t forget his powerful adoptive father) and full support of Grand Queen Dowager.

Simply put, CJ has to fight on his own, while BI has many allies who are willing to provide him the ammunition, ie : O Wol confession letter, asking his adoptive father to plant him as a high ranking officer, and maybe you can add some more. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, aisling said:

He really spoke with so much aegyo when he was around her LOL.

Ok so I'm not alone thinking that lol!

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

He can playful during bts but still somehow, when he is himself, he is different.

That's exactly my point. Like two different persons. I think Hyesun's brightness really rubs onto him in that Live on filming set so much that he's smiling so much lol!

From his own IG Live, i don't know, I still feel there's a depressing side to him. I hope he's ok.

Im thinking (maybe i think too much lol) if tvn is gonna release his new OST with an MV, if not why aren't they releasing it during the last 2 episodes and special episodes? AND just what are Queen and King doing with the Ducks? :joy:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

21 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

AND just what are Queen and King doing with the Ducks? :joy:

Sorry to cut your post, Chingu.   On the ducks kissing, I don't really know Shin HS enough to feel how she was at that point.  Maybe she's doing sportingly, finding the snowduck so cute and that one each is representing her, the Queen and the other His Majesty.   But imo, if I do not know the guy well, I would not do that cos he is watching, camera is watching and fans are watching.   :joy:  Maybe it could be her cheery, happy personality.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

My collection is growing, I’m happy to share it all in Kim Jung Hyun personal thread :glasses:

Thank you for tagging me to HIs Majesty's 전하 thread :D

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

I really hope Kim Jung Hyun is ok, that his mental health is getting better. I don’t suffer from depression but someone close to me does, so I know it intimately how depression can ruin your life.

I just found out Kim Jung Hyun’s father died from the cancer when he was serving in the military and that he feels guilty about not being there for his father (apparently his mother hid the truth about the cancer from him back then). When he took the role as a terminal ill patient in Time (who also had cancer)... how much pain he must’ve felt? The combination of his grief for his father and his method acting must’ve driven his to the pit of depression. It really pains me to just think about how much he must’ve suffered. Imagine having to leave your own drama! 

Maybe because he wore hoodies in his last two IG Live, so he appeared sad? He didn’t look so melancholic when he wasn’t wearing hoodies in other IG Lives. Depression never really goes away, some days are better and some days are worse, it’s the never ending battle every day. So I hope he takes good care of himself!

He’s not an one night wonder who gained popularity overnight, apparently he’s been acting since his teens, so I hope his hard work and his pure talent would be recognised.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1