[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

On 2/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, DeluLunaUnnie said:

Newbie here but would you know the music that's played when it's the other lovers' being shown e.g. Hong Yeon and Hong or Lady Choi and Royal Chef? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raffles said:

That title does make me sad. Whether So Bong remains in Oz or returns to Kansas, our hero is saying goodbye to a life that is very important to him/her. Like marriage or moving to a new country, there is sorrow mixed with the happiness at saying good-bye to a familiar life, friends and family.

12 hours ago, aisling said:

Bong Hwan’s body is in a vegetative state, so for me it’s still better if So Bong says goodbye to the body in the vegetative state and leaves a shallow life in the future than to leave Cheoljong, their baby, her friends, and meaningful life in Joseon. 

They’d better give us a satisfying explanation about So Yong/Bong Hwan connection, why their fates are intertwined etc. I still believe in the reincarnation theory, because if they make So Yong come back in the last 5 minutes to reap the glory, I’m going to puke and smash everything! I began this journey with Jang Bong Hwan and I want to end it with Jang Bong Hwan!

So here are my thoughts about ep.20 titled " My life witout me" and the ending:

We where shown that Soyong wanted to die. And...Bong Hwan desperatly to live. Than, they fusioned as one. As a whole one.

SYong echoes herself in BHwang and makes him a better man. A man in love. Was ever Bong Hwan truly in love before that experience? Experience of a woman's soul sharing his body. Not only a body to body experience. It is through her prisme of feelings that he with time came to change, adapt. Love. Not only selfishly desire.

This ep. tiltle could for me just point JBH accepting and realising that Soyong soul whispering to him is left (she have let it go by drawning in the bottom of the lake). And that he is now alone in himself. 

From that point he is left with a very important decision to make!. To quote @Raffles:

Stay in "Oz" with Cheol, the baby, lady Choi etc... Or, return to his "Kanzas" with fresh start and knowing his antagonist there (Han) is probably no more...

If he choose this it would mean for all people in Joseon he cares about now, to just find his body somewhere again dead.

He would surely have learned a lot, but it would be quite selfish again. And loveless too.

- So,this last choice would be more for a dramatic ending.

Of course the title could even be just a missleading one, and that would not be the first (remember "The woman who have to die" , it was all about little girl Dam at the end).

It could tell us So yong final resiliance to JBH/S.Bong. But, I dont think so, because the main character is Mr.Queen. He is the lead. Not Soyong. Also it could be some poetry written part of some message lefted, just a push up for one of them to react/interact...

Than as @aislingreminded us, JBH in "Kanzas" is in vegetative state.

OK! ....A cook is a vegetable, thats funny dont you think so!:joy: ...He have one last thing to do.

He have to LET It GO!. Embrace his new life line he got the opportunity to get. Through Soyongs kiss/breath/life.

Say goodbye to who he WAS, Hello to who he IS.

:shaq: oh yeah! (and for the tricky interview part in ep.1 I would say it happened before he will choose to embrace his fully him...Sobong in Joseon with all love and happy life. )

Lets enjoy the ending of this show now. And never look again on ducks as we did before :D

Edited by Lillybleue
  • Like 10

Is it just me or Jung Hyun opening up his eyes slowly and gazing directly at the camera did something to you too? 

Can you imagine he looks like that at someone in real life? Like seeing his eyes this up close in real life? :heart2beat:

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, aisling said:

Is it just me or Jung Hyun opening up his eyes slowly and gazing directly at the camera did something to you too? 

Can you imagine he looks like that at someone in real life? Like seeing his eyes this up close in real life?

Hmmm I would like to have that face for sure...but I'm a woman.....:evilelmo:

:joy:Oh damn...it's Ok XD!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

55 minutes ago, aisling said:

Can you imagine he looks like that at someone in real life? Like seeing his eyes this up close in real life? :heart2beat:

Well, I probably will 'attack' him :Cornykiss:

Even Byung In, who supposed to be cold, wanted to hug him after staring at him, forget about the Queen hahahaha

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210211T135501Z

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20210211T135624Z

Source: IG erisintrouble

Byung In is actually fanboy-ing the King!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, aisling said:

well, as an objective non-shipper, I just want to point out that SHS is the person who probably received those eyes/looks the most till now :joy::joy: 

56 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Well, I probably will 'attack' him :Cornykiss:

Even Byung In, who supposed to be cold, wanted to hug him after staring at him, forget about the Queen hahahaha

Byung In is actually fanboy-ing the King!

NIW is so cute off-screen actually :joy::joy: KJH sure has some powerful pheromones attracting all genders :joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

I am a hugger, I love to hug and love being hug. One thing I really really really want to see from our OTP is SB hugs CJ sincerely and with much love. I want to see SB runs like no tomorrow into CJ's open arms  and doesn't want to let go.....I hope I can see it when SB finds CJ alive.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone that celebrate it!

credit to the owner

My lists are endless:)

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

This is funny LOL

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

“Mr. Queen” And Shin Hye Sun Reign On Weekly List Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Cast Members

28f112c48b324f92b924e967121456be.jpeg?s=

Feb 11, 2021
by J. K

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” continues to sit on the throne on the weekly list of most buzzworthy dramas, while star Shin Hye Sun holds the top spot on the cast ranking!

Good Data Corporation has shared its rankings of the dramas and cast members that generated the most buzz for the week of February 1 to February 7. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about 24 dramas that are currently airing or set to air soon.

“Mr. Queen” leads the buzzworthy drama list for the second week in a row. Shin Hye Sun is No. 1 on the buzzworthy drama cast member ranking for the third week, while her co-star Kim Jung Hyun is No. 4.

tvN’s “True Beauty” remains No. 2 on the drama ranking, while its cast maintains three spots on the list for actors: Moon Ga Young holding No. 2, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo rising to No. 3, and Hwang In Yeob in No. 5.

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Run On” rises to No. 3 among dramas while Im Siwan is No. 7 for cast members and Shin Se Kyung is No. 8.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz during the first week of February are as follows:

1. “Mr. Queen”
2. “True Beauty”
3. “Run On”
4. JTBC’s “She Would Never Know”
5. SBS’s “The Penthouse” Season 2
6. tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning
7. KBS2’s “A Man in a Veil
8. KBS2’s “Homemade Love Story
9. KBS2’s “Royal Secret Agent”
10. TV Chosun’s “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)”

The top 10 most buzzworthy cast members for the week are as follows:

1. Shin Hye Sun (“Mr. Queen”)
2. Moon Ga Young (“True Beauty”)
3. Cha Eun Woo “(“True Beauty”)
4. Kim Jung Hyun (“Mr. Queen”)
5. Hwang In Yeob (“True Beauty”)
6. SF9’s Rowoon (“She Would Never Know”)
7. Im Siwan (“Run On”)
8. Shin Se Kyung (“Run On”)
9. Won Jin Ah (“She Would Never Know”)
10. Kim Rae Won (“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453836wpp/mr-queen-and-shin-hye-sun-reign-on-weekly-list-of-most-buzzworthy-dramas-and-cast-members

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I think the title for episode 20 is for BH. “My life without me” is maybe about BH can no longer go back to his body in the future or maybe the theories about SY coming back to her body but with BH’s memories because SB fully accepted his/her life in joseon.

• Like 6

Ehm... I didn’t want to point it out but since you guys brought it up...

From my perspective it actually looks like Na In Woo is more smitten with Kim Jung Hyun than Shin Hye Sun :joy: 

Na In Woo looks like a giant happy puppy around Kim Jung Hyun LOL. Oh the epic bromance we could have! 

spacer.png

Look at him giggling here after holding Kim Jung Hyun’s hand LMAO. He even reached out to take his arm again.

spacer.png

And here giggling once again because Jung Hyun hyung was so funny  :blush:

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Kim Jung Hyun To Sing For “Mr. Queen” OST; Revealed To Have Personally Penned Lyrics

Kim Jung Hyun To Sing For “Mr. Queen” OST; Revealed To Have Personally Penned Lyrics

Feb 12, 2021
by E. Cha

Kim Jung Hyun will be lending his voice—and his pen—to the soundtrack of his hit drama “Mr. Queen”!

On February 12, Big Ocean ENM officially announced that the “Mr. Queen” star would be personally contributing to the drama’s soundtrack, which has already been receiving a lot of love from viewers.

The company stated, “Actor Kim Jung Hyun, who plays the role of Cheoljong in the drama, took part in the OST ‘Like the First Snow’ [literal translation]. The track will be released on February 17.”

“Like the First Snow” is described as a song with an emotional melody and heart-wrenching lyrics that express the desperate feelings of a man who wants to be with someone during the first snowfall. Not only did Kim Jung Hyun sing the track, but he also personally wrote lyrics for the song as well.

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fantasy-comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen who has the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her, while Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong. The popular drama has seen its viewership consistently on the rise for most of its run, achieving its highest ratings to date with its latest episode.

Both “Like the First Snow” and the physical album version of the “Mr. Queen” soundtrack will be released on February 17.

- - - -

So are you telling me he’s immensely talented, handsome, but also has a sexy brain? Have mercy on my heart and soul, Jung Hyun-shi   :heart2beat:

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, aisling said:

Feb 12, 2021
by E. Cha

Kim Jung Hyun will be lending his voice—and his pen—to the soundtrack of his hit drama “Mr. Queen”!

On February 12, Big Ocean ENM officially announced that the “Mr. Queen” star would be personally contributing to the drama’s soundtrack, which has already been receiving a lot of love from viewers.

The company stated, “Actor Kim Jung Hyun, who plays the role of Cheoljong in the drama, took part in the OST ‘Like the First Snow’ [literal translation]. The track will be released on February 17.”

“Like the First Snow” is described as a song with an emotional melody and heart-wrenching lyrics that express the desperate feelings of a man who wants to be with someone during the first snowfall. Not only did Kim Jung Hyun sing the track, but he also personally wrote lyrics for the song as well.

“Mr. Queen” is a historical fantasy-comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen who has the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her, while Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong. The popular drama has seen its viewership consistently on the rise for most of its run, achieving its highest ratings to date with its latest episode.

Both “Like the First Snow” and the physical album version of the “Mr. Queen” soundtrack will be released on February 17.

- - - -

So are you telling me he’s immensely talented, handsome, but also has a sexy brain? Have mercy on my heart and soul, Jung Hyun-shi   :heart2beat:

But it will be released on February 17th, why oh WHY? they should release it today to soothe our fragile and anxious hearts while waiting Saturday to come:cries:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

So, time to make the call. Will Kim Byung In sacrifice his life for So Bong or will he live? I am seriously on the wall.

Story logic tells me he has to die, to give his life for her. He had no purpose or direction in his life until he saw the opportunity to protect his beloved Kim So Yong by embracing power. This is the neatest resolution of his story arc and the single most selfless act he can do to redeem himself. “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known," said Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities in similar circumstances.

On the other hand, these writers are perfectly capable of writing a palace intrigue in which everyone lives. If she has come off the pedestal he put her on, he might be able to move on.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1