@bedifferent@nrllee Definitely agree with you guys about the special episode. I just want to see how he managed to accomplish everything while being super nice and pretending... I would much rather that the drama would move on with the plot. I feel like the drama is kinda dragging things out now and should just continue with the normal episodes.

@incoty@Avocado80 Lee Seung Gi is doing a PHENOMENAL job acting as Ba Reum :D I'm really enjoying this drama as his comeback drama since Vagabond. I've been a fan for him for awhile so it's always awesome to see him act in different roles. You can see in MITH that Lee Seung Gi is confident, but also good at what he does. He definitely has come a long way and definitely deserves his title to be an all-rounder. :cutekitty: Singer, actor, and entertainer

1 hour ago, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

WAIT..I just remember from Ep 1 why the bill was not approve, is BR the SON of the President or some high official?!?! That's why the gov't is protecting him?? 

Oh that would be an interesting twist, but I believe it is confirmed that Ba Reum is Jae Hoon and Jae Hoon = Headhunter, Han Seo Joon, son

• Like 3

Is it possible that OZ is YH? Since Han Kook's corpse disapeared after BR left the hideout and the only person who knew where BR's hideout is, is YH.

I don't think BR killed Chi Kook. He died because of a heart attack due to intense fear. Since, when he was dying he kept clenching the left of his chest.

Edited by Mahsa Monem
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

@ferily @nrllee I believe post production is running behind.  They were editing till the last minute, this latest episode aired 20min late.  The special episodes give them some breathing room to work.  Some here already noticed the editing errors.

Yes, great job by LSG in this drama, much improved since Vagabond.  I’ve watched him in Brilliant Legacy; that was baby faced LSG, a long way since those overacted scenes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Mahsa Monem said:

Is it possible that OZ is YH? Since Han Kook's corpse disapeared after BR left the hideout and the only person who knew where BR's hideout is, is YH.

I don't think BR killed Chi Kook. He died because of a heart attack due to intense fear. Since, when he was dying he kept clenching the left of his chest.

EXACTLY! He is secretly working alone to prove his innocence.

He's the one doing a revenge now. Exciting.

Papa Moo Chi! Hang in there!!!

• Like 4

@Mahsa Monem
I think all the possibilities can be happened in this drama :tounge_wink: the OZ might someone familar, that's why the writer doesn't show his face to us 

I notice BR forehead get blood in the church.. Maybe he keep beating his head in the floor, but maybe the editor choose to edit them in the end..lol

The PD keep giving us the scene when BR using his medicine..I think that those things might be important in explaining the "experiment"

I also would like to choose to get next episode compare to special episode..maybe they want to get two final episode in the same week

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

21 minutes ago, Mahsa Monem said:

Is it possible that OZ is YH?

:lol: Minus his frontal lobe?  So they just tricked BR into believing he had a brain transplant?   Hey anything goes.  I am willing to believe anything now.  

But OZ is like the Wizard of Oz?  Remember how in the storybook Oz controlled everything?  He wasn’t a particularly amazing sort of man but he managed to fool everyone into believing he was this mighty Wizard.  So maybe the writer is using that analogy for this Oz person.  

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1

@nrllee 
after reading your comment, I remember nephew also said that he gives the kitten name as Toto, the name of dog in Wizard of Oz..hmm...what is the hint that the writer would like to give us?
I should take a look back to the Wizard of Oz story again hehehe
So we should looking at the regular guy as the mastermind of all of this mess...Could it be Det Shin ? wkwkwkwk... I am curious who is the man that DL said as the high class predator

For now, actually I prefer BR commit his sin and give himself to police.. At least it can calm himself a little bit. What in the past in is the past..He can start a new chapter of his life in the prison and atoned for his sin after apologizing to all the victims just like what Mo Won want in the end of his life, for him to see the light.
To commit his crime will need many many courage especially when he is facing from MC, BY and CK who is his close person. Maybe if they know that BR is the expereimental tool, they can give a little heart for him. Sobs...

Hahaha..I am a mellow person.. I choose more drama lol
But I think in this genre.. the writer will give us more gripping story.. I hope she can give a satisfying ending for all of the characters...

PS: I think MC can be a good Papa...hehehe..he and HJ deserve happiness

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Avocado80 said:

For now, actually I prefer BR commit his sin and give himself to police.. At least it can calm himself a little bit. What in the past in is the past..He can start a new chapter of his life in the prison and atoned for his sin after apologizing to all the victims just like what Mo Won want in the end of his life, for him to see the light.

ME TOO...I AGREE WITH YOU...I  DID NOT WATCH EP 15 MAYBE I'LL DO IT TODAY...

• Like 3

OMG

I knew the 7sins killer was Bareum still I was shocked watching this ep. the killings of Moo won, Chi kook and grandma was horrible. 

And about Hong joo's baby, I'm going to die if he really is being abused!! 

But there's two questions:

1. I didnt actually understand why he killed the grandma? that pic was picked up from Yohan's  house not Bareum's. And what was about bong yi's button in the pic. 

2. Moo won knew he is going to get killed and the whole thing was going live, so why didn't he say to the camera that "the killer is song ba reum"?? if he did everything was over. Is there an explanation for it or it's just a plot hole? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fatemeh Rahemi said:

1. I didnt actually understand why he killed the grandma?

oh no so he did killed her ?i hopped he didn't... is too much...i still did not watched ep 15 ...why he killed her? i need to understand...did he loves her grandaughter?can he feel love?

6 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

@nrllee 
after reading your comment, I remember nephew also said that he gives the kitten name as Toto, the name of dog in Wizard of Oz..hmm...what is the hint that the writer would like to give us?
I should take a look back to the Wizard of Oz story again hehehe
So we should looking at the regular guy as the mastermind of all of this mess...Could it be Det Shin ? wkwkwkwk... I am curious who is the man that DL said as the high class predator

To commit his crime will need many many courage especially when he is facing from MC, BY and CK who is his close person. Maybe if they know that BR is the expereimental tool, they can give a little heart for him. Sobs...

Hahaha..I am a mellow person.. I choose more drama lol
But I think in this genre.. the writer will give us more gripping story.. I hope she can give a satisfying ending for all of the characters...

PS: I think MC can be a good Papa...hehehe..he and HJ deserve happiness

They can’t be together it will be disgusting 

MC killed YH who is HJ lover and the father of her baby and because of his wrong investigation they blame YH for all the murder

So HJ can’t be end with someone who killed her baby father 

I think Barum is the political real son who was waiting to had child for 10 years 

So political make his wife to underwent genetic test and the result that his son has psycho gene and one of the sons of the two lady’s was normal but Daniel lies to them so at the birth he switch the children without anyone know 

that’s why yohan said to barum when he went to his house “there is no point to tell the police”

because there someone from above protect him from the beginning till now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fatemeh Rahemi said:

1. I didnt actually understand why he killed the grandma? that pic was picked up from Yohan's  house not Bareum's. And what was about bong yi's button in the pic. 

2. Moo won knew he is going to get killed and the whole thing was going live, so why didn't he say to the camera that "the killer is song ba reum"?? if he did everything was over. Is there an explanation for it or it's just a plot hole? 

1. Grandma sewed Bong-yi's button on Ba-reum's jacket? in an early episode. A bit of the picture taker's arm must have been in the photo because she recognized the button and that's why she was killed.

2. This was my question from the beginning. Unless there is another twist, I guess it is a plot hole. 

• Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 11:56 PM, bedifferent said:

Here are my guesses, JaeHoon was indeed raised by the researcher's wife along with her other 2 children.  Maybe Ji Eun abandoned her child after birth at the hospital where the wife was a nurse.  Was there a switch?  Was Jae Hoon adopted?  Guess we'll have to wait for the reveal.  Since Michaela is hearing impaired, it would explain why Jae Hee was not aware of the fights and abuse, she often seen merrily doing her arts while Jae Min was disturbed enough to cover his ears.  After the murder, Jae Hee and Jae Hoon, the two surviving children were separated with Jae Hee sent to the orphanage where she took on a new name Michaela.  Jae Hoon changed his name to BaReum.  Someone took him in, the aunt? 

Ji Eun did keep track of JaeHoon, her biological son, as he grew up.  That's why she recognized BaReum as an adult at the hospital and felt ill.  She may have followed him once in a while, catching him trying to bury Jae Min once.  She raised Yo Han in the same town to keep an eye on Jae Hoon.  Think that explained why the two boys were schoolmates.  Ji Eun obviously kept her child's fate a secret from Daniel when he visited.  One could say she is trying to protect her son's identity for his own good, so that he doesn't get prejudiced against for being a SK's son like Hong Ju's baby.

We can guess that Yo Han researched his past to find that his sister Michaela = Jae Hee is at the orphanage.  He

visited her twice, vowing to return later to take her away. 

Baby swap, here we come.  :D 

The question is: how did Ji-eun manage to get baby Yo-han and raise him?  (This would be one of her "sins.")

Yo-han only just learned his parentage through the DNA test.

Does Ba-reum know he is HH's son? 

DL doesn't seem to know.  Does the government know?

The other girl, Angela, is the one with hearing impairment, and Michaela has intellectual impairment.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:05 AM, qynn said:

1. Grandma sewed Bong-yi's button on Ba-reum's jacket? in an early episode. A bit of the picture taker's arm must have been in the photo because she recognized the button and that's why she was killed.

I remembered the button and wondered when we would see it again. 

I'm guessing that the shiny speck is the button which fell off of Ba-reum's shirt.

4e481ddf656e2409b8ffef0aa0839f37fddad697

Now I'm waiting for the answer about the zipper pull found in the Ferris wheel car.  :)

• Like 5

I was super-upset to see that childcare giver abusing that little boy. Such a cute baby!

(Yes, I realize that the latest episodes featured a child's dead body found in a drum. But I think that this show has deadened my brain to the overt violence.)

I've stopped caring about with what is going on with Ba-Reum, Daniel, et al. The writer seems determined to jerk the viewers around, so I'll just let the show tell me what's going on.

But great theories, you guys! I love reading them.

My biggest mystery for me is Hong-Ju. She's very interesting and I'd love to hear from her about why she lived her life the way she did. Instead of everything being swept under the rug as "she's a trauma victim, so who can explain what she did."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

A bit of the picture taker's arm must have been in the photo because she recognized the button and that's why she was killed.

i finally watched ep 15 and got my answer...i could not understand the granny murder...sad to confirm BR is a killer...

tvN Apologizes For Airing “Mouse” Later Than Scheduled

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.10.47 PM.png

tvN has formally apologized for not airing “Mouse” according to schedule.

On April 22, the latest episode of the popular drama began airing at approximately 10:50 p.m. KST, 20 minutes later than its scheduled air time at 10:30 p.m. KST.

The next morning, tvN explained in an official statement, “Post-production on Episode 15 of ‘Mouse’ ran late, so the start of the broadcast ended up being later than scheduled. We sincerely apologize for inconveniencing viewers. We will do our utmost to create a good drama up until the last episode.”

During the unexpected delay before tvN’s broadcast of “Mouse,” an onscreen message informed viewers, “The broadcast has been delayed due to issues within the broadcast network. ‘Mouse’ will begin airing momentarily. We apologize for the inconvenience to viewers. We ask for your understanding.”

credit: https://www.soompi.com/article/1465632wpp/tvn-apologizes-for-airing-mouse-later-than-scheduled

Looks like @bedifferent was right and the production team was still editing the episode. Ah, this gives me flashbacks to dramas back in the days where they would film that weeks episode until the day before or day of the airing date, and there would be no preview because they are still filming

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For me, the screenwriter is not just trying hard but overkill. The built up was intense and brilliant from E1-8, E9-10 was breather, E11-12 was picking back up pace and E13-14 was a 360% turn. When they came up with .5 special edition, it’s obvious they realized the confusion and needed to explain and help the audience to reconnect. 

If you’ve watch the interview https://k-popped.com/2021/03/interview-with-the-casts-of-mystery-thriller-k-drama-mouse/, it sounded pretty mundane and lame, I suspect the actors themselves are probably confused  of the direction the screenwriter are heading.

I am guessing it will be a ambiguous ending, more questions than answers,  as we can see there have been many theories from day one.

A well and in-depth written piece for some of us and those who are frustrated, who can relate to the review below:

SCMP, 

Pierce Conran 

A journalist, producer and consultant, Pierce Conran has been based in Seoul since 2012, where he serves as an editor of the Korean Film Council’s website KoBiz. He is also an advisor for the Fribourg International Film Festival and Fantastic Fest. Pierce has produced half a dozen feature films, frequently appears on radio and TV news, and has occasionally featured in films, series and variety shows.

K-drama midseason recap: Mouse – serial killer drama devolves into hysterical gobbledegook

Though fun at times, all logic and ethics behind the story and decision-making in TVN’s serial killer drama are at best utterly preposterous

The series also becomes a lot harder to follow when events, locations and characters interact with an increasing lack of rhyme or reason

Following a scattershot opening, the manic and maddening Mouse, a serial killer drama from South Korean television network TVN, briefly came into focus in its third week. Yet that clarity proved to be a double-edged sword, as it only made it easier to parse the show’s weaknesses. In any case, the wobble soon returned and the wheels all but came off again as the weeks wore on.

Mouse features Lee Seung-gi as patrol cop Jung Ba-reum, who teams up with the gruff and alcoholic homicide detective Go Moo-chi (Lee Hee-joon) to track down a serial killer who slaughters his victims and leaves their corpses pointing towards crosses.

Last we met this mismatched duo, the serial killer had abducted a young boy and was forcing Moo-chi to stage a live broadcast on his friend Choi Hong-ju’s (Kyung Soo-jin) investigative TV report programme Sherlock PD.

Episode five is devoted to this broadcast, which sees Moo-chi attempt to solve the serial killings live on air. The killer calls in but Moo-chi and Ba-reum also record a fake video of the victim, a risky ploy which they’re called out on on air. Consequently, the broadcast is abruptly interrupted, then resumed by Hong-ju after she locks out the executives from the control room. The explosive episode ends with the murderer killing Moo-chi’s priest brother live on TV.

Though the logic and ethics behind the story and decision-making here are at best utterly preposterous, it’s a fun episode in which the stakes are raised and are more or less clear. Yet the same bulldozer mentality that drives this episode remains in evidence throughout the rest of the series, which becomes a lot harder to follow when events, locations and characters interact with an increasing lack of rhyme or reason.

The writing aim behind Mouse has reportedly been to focus on the psychology of psychopaths. That started with geneticist Daniel Lee (Jo Jae-yun) identifying a “psychopath” gene, a diagnosis that proves correct 99 per cent of the time. By the middle of the series, our lead protagonist has two brains in his head, one (or perhaps even both) of which is trying to stimulate his desire to kill. So much for getting to the heart of what actually makes serial killers tick.

Speaking of Daniel Lee, he was killed early on in the series, but inexplicably returns midway through to secretly coach Ba-reum through his murderous schizophrenia. His strategy is to sate Ba-reum’s urges by turning him into a Dexter-like serial killer of serial killers.

The lack of probing psychoanalysis aside, if the above conceit sounds fun, rest assured that it isn’t. A serial killer story relies on at least one of two major elements to succeed: an intricate investigation to find a killer, and trying to understand what drives that killer.

Clearly, Mouse isn’t succeeding on the latter front with its twisty, fantastical and utterly inconsistent biogenetics, but it also fails to be an engaging murder mystery. There are many investigations throughout the show and they evolve and are generally solved very quickly but in a confounding and illogical manner.

Viewers are typically going to be a step behind, but we like to try and figure out things for ourselves, and it’s all the better if we feel we were tantalisingly close to the solution when it’s eventually revealed to us. But none of the secrets in Mouse could ever be guessed at by the audience - not owing to any originality, but because the plotting is absurd and characters never behave consistently.

The only thing we can figure out for ourselves is that in the world presented by this show, serial killers are a dime a dozen. At one point, in a flashback, Sung Ji-eun (Kim Jung-nan), wife of the notorious serial killer Head Hunter (Ahn Jae-wook), is accosted by the series’ serial killer while pregnant with Sung Yo-han (Kwon Hwa-yoon), who later becomes a serial killer.

She is saved from a grisly fate by a mysterious young man, who will almost certainly turn out to be another person with serial killer tendencies.

One of the most frustrating elements of Mouse has been its sloppiness, which is evident not only in its writing but also its staging. Case in point is the pregnant cat that Ba-reum takes home one day. We know the animal is in constant danger, and this collision of innocence and murderous impulse is mined again and again, which is lazy writing. Then the cat gives birth… to a month-old kitten. A few scenes later, the kitten – by now orphaned – is an entirely different colour.

With seven episodes still remaining, it’s a little hard to fathom where the show goes from here. Young Oh Bong-yi (Park Ju-hyun) is now part of Hong-ju’s writing staff so perhaps we’ll have more cold cases for her to crack, only for Ba-reum to Dexter them before the manacles get slapped on their wrists.

Meanwhile, Moo-chi and Bong-yi are getting closer to figuring out that something’s not quite right with Ba-reum, and we’re also still waiting for a definitive answer about Ba-reum’s history. Whose baby was he? Is he Jae-hoon? Do we care?

Edited by Ines
  • LOL 2

On 4/22/2021 at 12:21 AM, nrllee said:

I think it’s someone in the government.  Someone who has money enough to fund it.  There’s no turning back for BR if he is the 7sins killer.  Because that would mean he killed BY’s grandma?  And that would definitely mean an end to BaBong.  If BR is just Dexter and kills serial killers (so far it looks like he killed 2), there is still a possibility of redemption for him because they “deserved” it (although I am not for anyone killing) so potentially he can still emerge intact as a “decent” human being and end up with BY. 

I think it might be that political lady. She had BR's back as a hero of the country, but something is going on with her. BR being a cold blooded killer is very problematic, since we have until now only seen his friendly generous "mask". But who knows.. it could all be a bad dream .. the writer keeps switching back and forth.

So many loopholes in general, that big anouncement on the bill borad about finding the little boy dead:  No way they would release that information to the public until the family was notified.

I enjoyed 14 and 15 because it gave us more insight, even if we are being misled, it is satisfying to get some answers. Even if it is ephemeral.  I think though, it is possbile BR is the real culprit in the past.. he will somehow redeem himself as much as a murderer can, and then die because of the transplant surgery.

I thought BY was a bit unreasonable in her anger at HJ, after all the baby is innocent.. expecting a woman to kill her unborn child because of the father's sins, ... not fair.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@Ines Pierce has pretty much summed up all our frustrations about this drama. :lol:  I am not planning to watch the special eps of BR The Predator.  It runs both nights.  It’s almost like a spin off?  I will just try to read spoilers.  I am not going to rewatch more gore and have those grisly murders replay on my screen.  The plot was illogical once the writer decided to pen the brain transplant.  I am just waiting now for more ridiculousness and resigned myself to an ending that surpasses God’s Gift 14Days in its absurdity. :lol:

@maddymappo

thought BY was a bit unreasonable in her anger at HJ, after all the baby is innocent.. expecting a woman to kill her unborn child because of the father's sins, ... not fair.

Especially since she’s now seeing The Predator BR?  Will she get pregnant with his baby?  :blink:

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

This week's episodes were shocking and devastating for all the characters.

Ba-Reum leaned the horrifying truth that his previous self was the 7 sins killer who murdered brutally his victims, including his closest acquaintances and framed Sung Yang. What the transplant did was allowing him to have emotions and consciences he lacked due to his mutated psychotic genes.  He wanted to make amends for his actions before dying as his time is running out but someone is preventing him from taking those actions for unknown reasons.  Moo Chi is starting to figure out the truth and knows that someone else is backing the last year serial killing. 

Han Book sad fate was really unfair and his mother. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1