2 hours ago, ferily said:

@nrllee Oh wow tonight's episode is going to be 19+?

@Ahjumemshie Lee I'm wondering the same thing, may have to go to a not-so-legal-site to find it...

@ferily found it! VIU PH already watched earlier. I just want to move on to Ep 16 

2 hours ago, mystic62 said:

Aiyaa! That would explain why I had a feeling about the actress who played Han-kook mother especially the shape of her eyes.   It turns out she's actually from Philippine. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COOuCfPpmIE/

@mystic62YES!!!! Proud Pinoy here hihihihi just like we always say: SANA ALL!!! :grin:

• Like 2

I just started Predator Part 1.  The kid in yellow raincoat who found the mouse is BaReum.  They show the basement with BaReum sitting in front of computer, framed picture and taped photos.

Yellow raincoat boy=JaeHoon=BaReum=Predator

1) There goes theory about Det Shin = raincoat boy!

2)  Why chose to reveal this info in the special episode and not part of main storyline? Is it because drama needed more episodes but instead of extending, it literally ran out of time to edit? If so, poor post production.

3) Why reveal this early if it was a red herring and could have been a plot device?

Btw, BaReum taped the photos in the shape of an inverted cross, hence his anti Christ attitude.

Back to episode ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am just going to say it.  I have put it in a spoiler for those who don’t want to read negative reviews about the drama.  

Spoiler

This drama is disturbing on so many levels.  And I really do not like where it’s heading and the message it is delivering to impressionable young minds.  If the writer is seeking to muddy the line between right and wrong she has done so.  I was already uncomfortable with her suggesting the possibility that BR became a Dexter-like person post brain transplant.  Taking out serial killers because he was doing the world a favour?  With this turn of events now turning him into a serial killer with no conscience?  Am I supposed to be “happy” that YH was sacrificed (under suspicious circumstances) and his brain was used to provide that “conscience” now?  We were rightly (like CK in the beginning) incensed with the forming of fan clubs for serial killers the likes of HH.  It’s sick and perverted?  She has pretty much done the same here with SG’s character.  Many of the hashtags with Mouse that I read are of fan girls praising LSG for his acting prowess and his chilling portrayal of BR.  Some even going as far as idolizing BR.  When your protagonist is a serial killer, you have effectively raised him up as an aspirational figure?  Had she kept up the pace with MC as the other main protagonist (like he was in the first few eps), it would’ve been less controversial?  But now with the special eps of BR The Predator, and MC relegated to a side character in the main drama almost, it’s pretty clear who she thinks is the most intriguing character in her drama.  BR’s the “hero”?  The fact that she’s toyed with us for 10eps before revealing her real reason for the drama, to promote evil as titillating and even laudable doesn’t sit well with me.  Choi Ran is obviously fascinated by serial killers and how their mind functions.  It’s coming out in her writing.  And she’s written it as a live playing drama, not as a documentary which at the very least portrays it with a certain scientific bent with none of multiple shots of the serial killer leering over his kill.  :crazy:  She’s effectively dehumanized the victims with her writing.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

@nrllee  I agree with your assessment.  I've been disappointed and disturbed by the glorification of Ba-reum.  If this is the story, I see no point in it.  BUT, I remain optimistic that what we're seeing now in the spin-off episodes is a fictional variation of the actual storyline.  Call me crazy.  :lol:  Everything doesn't yet add up.  For example, BR's car doesn't match the killer's.  (I personally think SS traded it in for his new car.)  Then again, I never considered I would have to entertain the idea of a baby swap.  :lol:

:foodie3::foodie3:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@1ouise @nrllee I have only watched Predator Episode 1, will try to catch the second part.  We get most of our questions answered.  BaReum was sadistic, hard to see at this point that he deserves redemption.  He was a master manipulator, it was all a game to him.  I can't get over the cruelty.  It will be interesting to see how they will end his arc.

I see the frustrations and disappointments by some of how the drama has given a lot of emphasis and time to BaReum post transplant, BaReum the nice officer and dark BaReum the psychopath.  If there has been a more balanced portrayal of a cat and mouse game, where Moo Chi and BaReum traded moves with each side taking the punches, it would have lessened the horror of such a dark theme.  So far, we only see BaReum controlling his own fate and narrative, playing with others' trust and lives.  If this is a story about pure evil, the narrative must not absolve BaReum of his crimes because the writer needs to show that he must bear responsibility for the choices he makes.  The drama has started to show the viewers how he responds to the consequences of his actions.  I think the remaining episodes would have to side on goodness so that the tide can be turned.  We need to start seeing the good people gaining ground on BaReum, not just him deciding his fate on his own term.  He has to face the punishments at the mercy of others, in reverse role, so that he can feel how it is like to be judged.  The mental anguish BaReum is carrying right now I think is still private.  If we are talking about atonement, BaReum must have the courage to accept public wrath and punishment, not cop out a suicide.  Then there is the need for the victims to come to term with the perpetrator so they can start healing.  I would be upset if the drama ends with BaReum committing suicide.  It probably will end on the idea of an eye for an eye - BaReum will die for someone in his stead.  I don't have anything against BaReum as a character.  LSG is giving a great performance.  I do think the writer has a responsibility to make sure that in the end, after she has run away with this dark theme, we get to see virtue, humanity facing difficulties and triumphed, overcoming their fears, anxiety, vices.  It would be the only way to end IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I do think the writer has a responsibility to make sure that in the end, after she has run away with this dark theme, we get to see virtue, humanity facing difficulties and triumphed, overcoming their fears, anxiety, vices.  It would be the only way to end IMHO.

I am resigning myself to the fact that the writer may just go the easy path and have BR die on his terms.  That was how she ended with GG14Days.  The protagonist ended it.  On his terms. :blink:.   BY and MC have reasons enough to pull the trigger.  But will they do it?  Will it be right for them to do it?  Is an eye for an eye justifiable?  Someone once said if everyone followed that adage, the whole world would end up blind.  Where will it end?  I feel like if BR died just like that, it would solve nothing.  To have him sentenced to a life imprisonment on death row (like HH) almost seems like an injustice to the many lives he’s cut short because he “felt annoyed”.   Even if the conscience of YH torments him with guilt for the rest of his incarceration, is that sufficient?   And really if you think about it, it’s not BR who feels remorse.  It’s YH.  So I honestly cannot see a way out of this quandary the writer has conjured up for herself.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:54 AM, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

Where can we watch the special episodes with subs?

You can watch it on dramacool ; kissasian.sh ...  here are the link 

https://www.dramacool9.co/mouse-the-predator-2021/

On 4/29/2021 at 7:15 AM, mystic62 said:

Aiyaa! That would explain why I had a feeling about the actress who played Han-kook mother especially the shape of her eyes.   It turns out she's actually from Philippine. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COOuCfPpmIE/

I knew that she was filipina with her accent, now I can distinguish filipino and indonesian speaking korean as I watched some vlogs or youtube channel of filipina and indonesian living in Korea and their accent. 

23 hours ago, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

@ferily found it! VIU PH already watched earlier. I just want to move on to Ep 16 

@mystic62YES!!!! Proud Pinoy here hihihihi just like we always say: SANA ALL!!! :grin:

what does SANA ALL means, I've always saw many filipino using it

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am just going to say it.  I have put it in a spoiler for those who don’t want to read negative reviews about the drama.  

Hide contents

This drama is disturbing on so many levels.  And I really do not like where it’s heading and the message it is delivering to impressionable young minds.  If the writer is seeking to muddy the line between right and wrong she has done so.  I was already uncomfortable with her suggesting the possibility that BR became a Dexter-like person post brain transplant.  Taking out serial killers because he was doing the world a favour?  With this turn of events now turning him into a serial killer with no conscience?  Am I supposed to be “happy” that YH was sacrificed (under suspicious circumstances) and his brain was used to provide that “conscience” now?  We were rightly (like CK in the beginning) incensed with the forming of fan clubs for serial killers the likes of HH.  It’s sick and perverted?  She has pretty much done the same here with SG’s character.  Many of the hashtags with Mouse that I read are of fan girls praising LSG for his acting prowess and his chilling portrayal of BR.  Some even going as far as idolizing BR.  When your protagonist is a serial killer, you have effectively raised him up as an aspirational figure?  Had she kept up the pace with MC as the other main protagonist (like he was in the first few eps), it would’ve been less controversial?  But now with the special eps of BR The Predator, and MC relegated to a side character in the main drama almost, it’s pretty clear who she thinks is the most intriguing character in her drama.  BR’s the “hero”?  The fact that she’s toyed with us for 10eps before revealing her real reason for the drama, to promote evil as titillating and even laudable doesn’t sit well with me.  Choi Ran is obviously fascinated by serial killers and how their mind functions.  It’s coming out in her writing.  And she’s written it as a live playing drama, not as a documentary which at the very least portrays it with a certain scientific bent with none of multiple shots of the serial killer leering over his kill.  :crazy:  She’s effectively dehumanized the victims with her writing.  

As someone who watched and love thriller, nowadays it's a trend for the MAIN CHARACTER to play someone who is or used to be evil. Kinda like they want to get away with the rightous virtuous main character. 

Of course it's not recommended for younger viewers as it can deliver a wrong message.

But trust me, main character or not, people will love and admire the character they like (for his/her looks, charisma, strength....)

I remember when TERMINATOR (the first saga) was so popular in my country, lots of women and men loved the bad guy because they like INVINCIBLE character.....compared to weak or emotional character. 

So it really depend on each people's personality.

I do think it's crazy that people want an happy ending for Jung Bareum. Like wth....HE SHOULD GO TO HELL FOR EVER  because he was completly evil......HE IS SATAN IN HUMAN FLESH. 

Sorry but just because he felt remorse doesn't justify that he can get redemption. BLOOD for BLOOD, TEETH for TEETH, EYES for EYES. 

JUNG BAREUM DESERVE "DEATH PENALTY" with his saddist father HAN SEO JOON. Both should rot in hell for all the suffering they have done. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gamechanger11 said:

JUNG BAREUM DESERVE "DEATH PENALTY" with his saddist father HAN SEO JOON.

O so it’s confirmed for us that BR is HH’s son?  Somehow there was a baby switch? :lol:  Or JiEun gave him up for adoption or something?  Who is YH then?  Someone spoil it for me.  I am not planning to watch Predator 1&2.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gamechanger11 said:

I knew that she was filipina with her accent, now I can distinguish filipino and indonesian speaking korean as I watched some vlogs or youtube channel of filipina and indonesian living in Korea and their accent. 

@Gamechanger11 SANA ALL means “I hope everyone experience that" :) Thank you for the links! I'll watch the 2nd part later.  They're a lot of Filipino Airens. If only LSG is fluent in Tagalog & you're not familiar with him, you will mistake him as South East Asian guy. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

They're a lot of Filipino Airens. If only LSG is fluent in Tagalog & you're not familiar with him, you will mistake him as South East Asian guy. 

I have been seeing this word “Airens” in the Mouse hashtags.  Is that the official name of the LSG fandom?  I am familiar with the concept because my daughter “stans” a few KPop boy groups and she informs me that every fandom has an official name.:lol:  What does Airens mean?  Is it a play on some other word?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

O so it’s confirmed for us that BR is HH’s son?  Somehow there was a baby switch? :lol:  Or JiEun gave him up for adoption or something?  Who is YH then?  Someone spoil it for me.  I am not planning to watch Predator 1&2.  

I have only watched Predator 1. BR is confirmed to be yellowrain coat boy and the murderer of the 7 deadly sins. The episode played out how he carried the murders and played 2-face to MC. JiEun appeared during the hospital scene where BY was injured (after church - MC's brother murder). It didn't reveal BR recognizing JiEun but it revealed JiEun recogniing BR as she was shown to have a flashback of her trying to strangle raincoat boy. The one who tried to kill BY in the church and whom BY slashed the left arm -> confirmed affirmative to be BR.

It was also confirmed that YH was on BR's trail and was at BR's home to rescue the kidnapped boy. The episode ended with BR and YH looking at each other in the entrance of the hospital where they first met. 

By JiEun's recognition of BR confirmed, I guess it is almost sure that BR is HH's son then. But anything is possible in Kdramaland.

My guess is JiEun took another boy (YH) in to take BR's place as her son and put BR on Jeiju island with granny or something.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I have been seeing this word “Airens” in the Mouse hashtags.  Is that the official name of the LSG fandom?  I am familiar with the concept because my daughter “stans” a few KPop boy groups and she informs me that every fandom has an official name.:lol:  What does Airens mean?  Is it a play on some other word?

@nrllee Airen means Lover in Chinese :heartxoxo: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

Even if the conscience of YH torments him with guilt for the rest of his incarceration, is that sufficient?   And really if you think about it, it’s not BR who feels remorse.  It’s YH.  So I honestly cannot see a way out of this quandary the writer has conjured up for hers

In real life, what punishment would be enough for a psycopath serial killer? I would say nothing. It is this world's limit. 

So anything that torments him is good. Ba reum feeling remorse is tormenting him. So I thing it was clever for writer to make this happen. And of course it's NOT enough. He should have more punishments and also rot in hell after his death

• Like 2

So correct me if I am wrong.  If BR is the yellow raincoat boy who grows up to be JH, how would he NOT recognize JiEun (his real mom)?  She was the one who tried to strangle him after he pushed the other little boy into the hole?  Raincoat boy and certainly JH were old enough to remember?  He wasn’t left in another person’s care as a baby/toddler?  JH was definitely “together” with JiEun when we got the flashback about his “new life” with siblings and step dad?  At least I assume that’s who they were?  And I guess it’s also safe to assume he did murder them after all.  He was evil from the start.  

@Fatemeh Rahemi I agree.  But now that the writer has confused us all by having YH’s brain implanted in BR, we can’t exactly say that BR is the one feeling remorse because in reality, it is YH.  Someone had to die (YH) to give him the ability to feel remorse.  Without YH, BR would still be the demented serial killer with no capacity to feel remorse?  It’s very twisted.  BR has no agency then because it’s really YH speaking?  :huh:.  Gah, I think I will stop thinking now.  I just want to see how the writer will attempt to resolve everything in the end.  I have a bad feeling she will leave a lot of questions unanswered because she asked way too many right through the drama.

• Like 3

I think the best ending is for BR to be sentenced to life imprisonment just like HSJ. The difference would be HSJ does not feel any guilt and emotions while BR does. This will be the worst punishment for him. I hope the writer does not kill him off.

• Like 3

I finished watching Predator Ep 2 on my cable TV tvN.
Nothing much new revealed. The summary :

BR was the boy who killed the rabbit and then the stepfather's fish, then punished the younger brother for tale-telling.
He decided to change his name to BR and live pretending to be a nice boy. 
He grew up ... scene changed to BR + aunt. 

So BR was a predator living with a mask toying with MC, BY etc. He was the murder of the 7sins deaths, YH's good friend (because BR mistakenly thought he knew his true identity), BY's grandma.

Revealed that BY's grandma tried to crush the burning photo to leave a clue that she hoped saves BY from BR.

YH knew BR was the predator but didn't turn him in.
There were hints that HSJ recognized BR as a predator. When HSJ did the brain surgery, he said "don't feel wrong, this is the only way for you to live." Not sure if he is saying it to BR or YH.

After the brain surgery, BR woke up with memory loss. He thought he was a good person based on what people around him told him (cos he was previously wearing a mask). So he thought the memory flashes of murder were due to YH's brain transplanted into his. Until he started to kill (rapist, Sujeong serial murders), he eventually realised he is a predator. Last scene showed he left a note admitting his crime and clear YH's name.. and going to commit suicide by jumping off a building asking God not to forgive him but send him to the worse place of hell for punishment.

Nothing revealed about Daniel or YH.
A lot of repeated scenes in these 2 Predator episodes. Overall quite boring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@nrllee in episode 15, Daniel says that he is feeling all of those Emotions because of Yo Han and he’s the 1% who is a genius with the psychopath gene. If Ba Reum didn’t have Yo Han’s brain then he wouldn’t be able to feel any of the feelings he’s feeling right now since psychopath can’t feel remorse, guilt, compassion or empathy (This is said by Daniel himself), so I’m assuming that Ba Reum would’ve never felt any of those feelings if he didn’t have a brain transplant.

Basically this is Ba Reum’s punishment for killing all of those people (He even asked God himself if this was a punishment)..

@usadango I agree but I wonder if Ba Reum will die before that. Daniel mentioned that the rat who got the brain transplant from Han Seo Joon died within a month..so he told Ba Reum that he doesn’t have much time left either... Hmmm...

Also I don’t know if this was mentioned before but I recently finally finished episode 15 (:lol:) and the person who moved Han Kook’s body...it seems like that wasn’t Dr. Daniel so that means there is someone else who knows about BR true identity?? Also I don’t like Daniel at all and he is 100% using BR for his own benefit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Gamechanger11 said:

I learned how to distinguish our Asians cultures based from our traits.  

:eats2::eats2:

In my opinion:

Spoiler

Mouse: The Predator is imagining the story as if Ba-reum were the Predator.  It is an alternate story.  You really shouldn't believe everything they are showing you.  (They already showed Yo-han as the Predator, which was misleading.)  It is an extension of what was shown in episode 15 where Ba-reum pictured himself committing the murders.  These pictures are in his head.  His memories are being distorted by medication, Daniel Lee, Headhunter, and the government, as well as from brain surgery.

Ba-reum doesn't remember how he got the scar on his arm, yet he remembers killing Moo-won?

Chi-kook confronted him about turning himself in, but he was talking about something else.  I think it had to do with his job as a prison guard and giving in to Headhunter's demands.

Even as Ba-reum pictures the attack on Chi-kook, he says to himself in 3rd person:

b76bdca2c9bb1b33608535f370dfd8e655cb4098

He doesn't know why he is following the fairy tales.

The Predator is Shin Sang.

He connects to fairy tales because of his degree in Child Psychology.

Like Headhunter, he likes appearing on TV as an expert.

He's keen to get married and reproduce.

He often says leading things in investigations.

He rubs his ear when lying.

He swiped the coffee stick.

He knew the address of Yo-han's friend.

He gave Bong-yi his umbrella.  What did grandma see?

I think his dad knows and could be interfering to cover for him.

Daniel Lee's mistake was to test a politician's child.  He is not safe with his knowledge of the positive result.

I suspect Shin Sang's dad could be a psychopath himself.  It would have been politically expedient for him to vote for the legislation.  If he were a normal person, why would he fear his child would carry the gene and be aborted?

I think he could be Yellow Slicker Boy.

Of course, there are still many holes to fill.

But the ending will be quite different for Ba-reum if he is not the Predator. 

From the new episode introduction, it appears that he will be a doctor.

I suspect his acts as "Dark Hero" will be judged leniently.

It seems that I am the only person who sees it this way.

9b303412e67307625084f38fb5f087e240ba3753

• Like 7
  • Love 1