[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

32 minutes ago, Niki Idy said:

Am I going the only one who thinks this drama is till a masterpiece despite the little flaws it has, I always seem to be her the story line at first watch and I am always patient to wait for what the next episode has to unfold, plus with all the back lash it has received which is like no other drama I know, it still managed to be top 6 on Netflix. 
This is a Korean drama not dubbed in english and people are still watching worldwide, it’s viewership it’s gonna probably be top3 on Netflix once it’s starts airing in Europe and other countries, I don’t understand how much more exceptional it can be if with all its obvious challenges it rose to this position and also as the ONLY Korean drama in that position in the world. 

I think it's a masterpiece as well. It's an ingenious, different way of storytelling. Most people just aren't used to it. Linear storytelling is usually the norm in most kdramas, so most get lost why things are happening out of context such as the love between the two main characters. Many felt like it was rushed and I've even read in other places where people think JTE is a gold digger. And here I am wondering how they even got that idea. :crazy: They said she only confessed to him after finding out he's a king. But to me if she's really a gold digger she would've confessed to him after finding out his buttons on his jacket were diamonds... They also don't take the time to connect the dots themselves. I hear complaints such as how is there even a 2020 LR if 1994 LR killed him. Maybe some things that comes as common sense to me isn't exactly common sense to others. :sweatingbullets:

I think they want to be spoon fed. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

LOL!

Guys, so my sister (the one who is not even watching TKEM) comes into the room and tells me this: ”OMG! LMH and KGE are dating. They made it public and announced it!” 

I looked at her like this:

tenor.gif

and then she goes on to say: “It’s all over the internet!” She begins scrolling on her phone because i can see her doing this.

then she says “oh, it’s just fan news. It’s not real.” 

and I look at her and say, “don’t you think that if those two were dating and announced it publicly, I would know before you because I am following TKEM more than you!”

source.gif

:joy:

OMg, this is so super cute and funny!

4 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

TKEM is actually very famous here in South Korea, and the ratings isnt actually that bad. SBS sucked at promoting their dramas tho. I believe the ratings for the ending will be higher because some anticipate the ending more :ph34r:

HUHUHUHHUHUHUHUUHUHUH even though the ending is getting nearer, I won't say goodbye to these two favorite OTP of mine... really gonna miss them bruh

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Episode-3-Previ

I personally think SBS did them dirty, but also feel like they didn't want TKEM as a Netflix drama to do well so that their other SBS content shines. Which also doesn't make sense because they bought the rights to it, so must wanna see it do well. Either way, I feel like they could have done better with the promotion and such.

The articles released saying they have low ratings? Even as a single digit rating, I understand their viewership rating is still average or above average, just that they expected double digits perhaps like TWOTM.

3 hours ago, Miss.Zinu said:

hi neighbour!! no wonder u know about keyboard warrior. LOL. i have additional term, which is 'onion aunties':joy:

Makcik Bawang! haha! hi neighbour!

2 hours ago, buahciku101 said:

Omg. Makcik bawang. Here we go!! :D

I can't believe I just join lmh birthday project in my country! Not in my whole life will I dream to be sooooo into a Korean drama like this.

They better dating in real life. If not I'll ask for compensation. For all loss of times, money and emotional involved!! Hahaha

I also never thought I will contribute to our Royal Court Ladies project for MinEun! haha, but for the love of all that is MinEun, I will try my best!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, graceyco said:

HI!! Plus 1 on this. A Kababayan here! Are we all meeting up one day just in case we hear that announcement? :w00t:

HEY!  I got that reference. I'm totally a Phoebe when it comes to this ship. I'm always confused, incoherent but seemingly happy haha gosh the influence of this ship!! :lol:

Exciting! We should do an MSD to celebrate the union of our MinEun Couple! :D:D

• LOL 8

10 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

I think it's a masterpiece as well. It's an ingenious, different way of storytelling. Most people just aren't used to it. Linear storytelling is usually the norm in most kdramas, so most get lost why things are happening out of context such as the love between the two main characters. Many felt like it was rushed and I've even read in other places where people think JTE is a gold digger. And here I am wondering how they even got that idea. :crazy: They said she only confessed to him after finding out he's a king. But to me if she's really a gold digger she would've confessed to him after finding out his buttons on his jacket were diamonds... They also don't rake the time to connect the dots themselves. I hear complaints such as how is there even a 2020 LR if 1994 LR killed him. Maybe some things that comes as common sense to me isn't exactly common sense to others. :sweatingbullets:

I think they want to be spoon fed. 

That is why viewers need to be more open minded and think out of the box.  The reason why I am picky with kdramas is because I don’t like a typical, predictable storyline.  I always tell those who are not into TKEM that this drama is like reading a book, you have to keep reading it to understand.  Another pet peeve is comparison with Goblin.  Never compare it with Goblin because it is not the same.  How I wish we have 20 episodes of TKEM :mellow:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

@acc2roxie Episode 10 was when JTE met 'future LG' so I think if people get that part, they would've realized something. Also KGE did a phenomenal crying scene there. I'm glad you gave this drama a chance and stick with it and kept an open mind when watching it. I see viewers who kept watching it just to bash at it and I really don't get if they're masochist or something. :sweatingbullets:

@zba72 I agree. There are many similarities to novel writing. Actually if it was a book, I may have grasped this better. I'm so bad with names and faces that sometimes the whole looking for doppelgangers confused me. Good thing the main thread had a list of faces so I was able to keep a look out for them.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

There are many similarities to novel writing. Actually if it was a book, I may have grasped this better. I'm so bad with names and faces that sometimes the whole looking for doppelgangers confused me. Good thing the main thread had a list of faces so I was able to keep a look out for them.

KES should start writing novels.  I will be the first to buy the english translated version :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

I interrupt the thread for some ramblings.

Who cares about ratings etc..i believe ratings are discuss and dissect over at the main thread.  All I care about is that the 2 of them come out and say yea you are right  we are together and we enjoy teasing our fans.

'We' refers to LMH and KGE. Those who have crushes on KGE, please create your own thread.

Quit bashing our ship and let us ship in peace. 

Let's continue to our regular programme of looking at bts and seeing and giggling at how obvious LMH is.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 4

15 minutes ago, acc2roxie said:

Ok guys, this is gonna be a long one but let me preface what I'm about to say with a few things:

1. Relative noob to K-Drama/K-Pop world (since end of 2019)

2. Second K-Drama show I watched was Goblin also by KES. Loved Goblin. Loved GY and KGE, individually. Did not ship them. Did not know what "shipping" entailed. Lol. Became big fans of GY and KGE and watched Tune in For Love on Netflix for KGE. KGE was outstanding in it but again did not ship her with JHI. Found KGE to be professional with both her leads and boiled it down to just good acting. I follow KGE on IG and found her to be a nice, normal, down to earth person who I imagine I could be friends with (we are about the same age).

4. Watched a few more shows including Legend of the Blue Sea and the Heirs, (both starring LMH). Was not a fan of LMH . Did not get what the fuss was about. Did not like him with either FL in LOTBS or the Heirs. No offence to any long time LMH fans.

Dear, you just summed up my kdrama journey. So on point from 1 to 4. (Started with CLOY in Feb 2020, the rest is history). 

Now, saying that I am OBSESSED with our MINEUN is an understatement. It made me unlurk as I was itching to find out if this couple is REEL or REAL. 

And yes, all this shipping, delulu and other jargons are pretty new to me! I feel young hahaha 

I just loove them. :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Niki Idy said:

Am I going the only one who thinks this drama is till a masterpiece despite the little flaws it has, I always seem to understand the story line at first watch and I am always patient to wait for what the next episode has to unfold, plus with all the back lash it has received which is like no other drama I know, it still managed to be top 6 on Netflix. 
This is a Korean drama not dubbed in english and people are still watching worldwide, it’s viewership it’s gonna probably be top3 on Netflix once it’s starts airing in Europe and other countries, I don’t understand how much more exceptional it can be if with all its obvious challenges it rose to this position and also as the ONLY Korean drama in that position in the world. 

Seriously, before i found this place, i thought im a weird person for liking this drama. Because i only see many bad articles and it has bad ratings. But i like it A LOT. Why is that? :sweatingbullets: 

Even without seeing theories at first, I thought this drama storyline is good. And towards the end even with flaws, the story connected and make sense. I have been warching K drama since 2004. This is the first time i am rewatching the drama before it even ended and not skipping any scene. Just agree with all of you, if they meet a better production team as in Goblin, this will potentially be huge. 

but we dont have any flute to reset timeline, so lets enjoy while it last ❤️

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Hi My Royal Court Ladies! Annyeong!! I need help from any Minoz here as I am trying to do some research so that I can write a fanfic!! 
@Heretorant - I have already DM-ed you, my Dear! Hope you have some time to read and respond!

@mychoiyoung - I’ll also DM you the questions I have!

Are there any other Minoz here?

Thank you very KHAMSAHAMNIDA in advance!! 
 MinEun Manse and Saranghae! 
Saranghae and POSITIVE ENERGY & :heart: to all of you here! 

We need to #FUMIGATE negative energy / pests from Our Lovely Ship from time to time, CAPISH? *Inserting Eunbi’s FINGER-to-eye-I-AM-LOOKING-AT-YOU stare! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Hi My Royal Court Ladies! Annyeong!! I need help from any Minoz here as I am trying to do some research so that I can write a fanfic!! 
@Heretorant - I have already DM-ed you, my Dear! Hope you have some time to read and respond!

@mychoiyoung - I’ll also DM you the questions I have!

Are there any other Minoz here?

Thank you very KHAMSAHAMNIDA in advance!! 
 MinEun Manse and Saranghae! 
Saranghae and POSITIVE ENERGY & :heart: to all of you here! 

We need to #FUMIGATE negative energy / pests from Our Lovely Ship from time to time, CAPISH? *Inserting Eunbi’s FINGER-to-eye-I-AM-LOOKING-AT-YOU stare! 

Awesome! Patiently waiting for your fanfic... I'm rereading those available ones... 

Thanks in advance my SG friend!!:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, MissSuperCyan said:

Exciting! We should do an MSD to celebrate the union of our MinEun Couple! :D:D

Me wants to join once it is already totally safe to go out!! 

43 minutes ago, acc2roxie said:

OMG. I don't know how, I don't know why but something just clicked mid way through the series. Maybe in episode 9? or 10? It was like a light went on. And here I am. Shipping for the first time EVER AND I became a FAN of LMH overnight. His acting has improved sooooo much since LOTBS and The Heirs and is this thanks to KGE? Did the progression of their 'reel' relationship on screen mirror that of their 'real' relationship?

Can I say that I felt the same way, am also a fan of KGE through and through. I also did not feel the chemistry between her and MH at first, but I did not drop it for the love of KGE. Though in my case, I became a shipper because of the PressCon I stumbled upon on YT. Then eventually became a fan of MH not just because he acted really well here, but because I learned more about his personality (thanks to the long-time LMH fans here in our thread who constantly remind us here how good of a person our MH is)  :joy: It is really nice to know this kind of story. It just shows how wide the chemistry of our royal couple can reach, even those newbie K-drama viewers like you can feel it. :blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I’m pretty sure they do. Have you seen the support on their Instagram? MinEun fans are passionate lol. Over 100,000 comments asking them to date. I am 100% sure they see it. They reply to comments when it’s WDH, KKN, etc. Do we really think they don’t see the rest of the 100,000 comments? Not a chance! I think they know we approve hehehe. 

I agree that they see it. 200% sure of that :D even their agencies fuel the fire in our shippers heart. Even ggone’s friend/staff :D did two ig stories with LMH in there. Hahaha the kid knows. 

I know the ratings in korea is not that high for these two. But it’s high compared to other shows airing now. Because the netizens expected it to do better. But who tf cares. We are old enough to know better what’s worth our time right? Internationally, TKEM is very well known. Why? It’s very obvious in the comments and likes in their ig posts. Ggone just hit a million like in her picture with LMH. And LMH now becomes the most followed kactor. Korea alone cant do that. :lol: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 4

22 minutes ago, effyisme said:

Well said :D

cr owner 

Very well said.

My fave film of KGE is Memories of the Sword while her drama is CITT

First saw her in CITT and I just stunned..

Who the hell is she?

Her acting is phenomenal..

I couldn’t not love her..

And now we have TKEM

First hearing the news about her accepting the role, I screamed YAAAYYY...!!!

BUT..!!! es-bi-es cheats at us :dissapointed:

they (until now) don’t give us TKEM photoshot session, even the new drama that will replace TKEM get it (JCW &KYJ).

and Netflix does the same, the Jenga game wasn’t only between the main characters (the one like Itaewon Class).

Our OTP never got their private session.

That’s why we always hungry for the breadcrumbs, or anything we could get..

How could they do that to our fragile heart 

Oh my heart, oh my goodness 

I do really hope that LMH & KGE will pay us back by announcing a very berry happy news ASAP

Amen..

cross my fingers for this 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, zba72 said:

Something personal because if you read some of interviews, she mentioned that 2018 has been very emotional for her and the movie sunset in my hometown was a healing movie for her.  I only see the happy her around tune in for love movie and after her US trip.

After the succesful of Goblin, Kim Go Eun became the spotlight. She deleted her first IG after got bullied in her bareface photo then creating a new IG that we know now. Maybe the news, the success, and the spotlight overwhelmed her. She need a rest and 'Sunset in My Hometown' was a fun project, it was a healing for her then she went to US for some months to learn english and traveling.

• Like 8

I think the slow development of the "Chemistry" between our 2 leads was intentionally. Remember when LG said to JTE that it is harder to cross this line then to cross the UNIVERSE?? Although their chemistry developed in the drama, you could tell it was there for the beginning in the BTS, interviews, etc

• Like 12