[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

31 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

omg. Not JK again. It could have been anyone else..

:w00t: That’s because Song Ah is having a private lesson with her. 

I really hope Song Ah gets another teacher who is attentive to her practice, constructively critiques her playing and gives her good instruction. If she keeps up with this professor, I can’t see her improving significantly. The Professor makes it blatantly obvious that she’s disinterested, bored and unwilling to make any effort to give instruction. 

For the violin sonata, it would be nice if Joon Young accompanies her on the piano. Apparently the pianist has to be in sync and compatible with her. It would be a nice opportunity for them to work together on a musical piece. 

On the romance side, I’m glad Joon Yoon realized why Song Ah rejected his black handkerchief. Heh. He better get his act together soon because in the preview it seems that Song Ah has begun to distance herself from him. I don’t blame her because she carried a crush long enough for CEO Yoon and she probably thinks of it as unrequited. Now there’s Joon Young whom she fell for and whom she believes have feelings for JK and will probably not come to her no matter how long she waited. I’m sure there will come a point when she wants to protect her own heart. 

I’m glad HH finally accepted the breakup and will hopefully move on. Loved the scene with his parents and Song Ah’s scene with her dad. In contrast, it’s like Joon Young is carrying the weight of his parents who won’t give him a chance to breathe. I feel sorry for him who keeps having to find money to support his parents in one way or another. It seems like there’s no way out of this situation for him, unfortunately. They’ve been saddling him with financial demands for a long time now.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

This is one of the healthiest dramas I’ve ever seen.

Have you ever seen a Kdrama where the Male Lead asks the Female Lead to wait for him because he’s in a messy love triangle and he doesn’t want to involve her as well? I haven’t. And even I did it’s obviously some stupid reason like the Second Female Lead has cancer or something like that. I keep getting impressed every episode I watch by how mature Joon Young and Song Ah are. They aren’t afraid to address their insecurities and complexities and I adore them for that. Even if they’re not dating, it’s obvious they’re taken with each other and has no space for anyone else in their life. I also love how direct Joon Young is with Jung Kyung. Because Lord knows how directly you should tell that woman to back off. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a pathetic Second Female Lead and now that I know what type of woman she is (pathetic, chases after fame, etc) I’m not confused about how I feel for her anymore. At first I wanted to be sympathetic because the actress was doing an amazing job with making her character sympathetic. But now that I’ve seen it all, I’m no more gonna feel sorry for her. She deserves the massive heartbreak about to come.

I keep falling more and more in love with Joon Young. For some reason him being a complete gentleman makes my heart flutter. And the OTP is one of the best I’ve seen so far. How adorable can one glance be? Even if they’re talking about each other with someone the chemistry is there. 

Park Joon Young is made for Chae Song Ah. That’s a fact. The day they finally start dating (tonight maybe?) will be the death of me. How can a not-yet-couple be so God Darn adorable already? They’re so taken with each other and are so in love with each other already. Such mature acting. And the chemistry is sky high.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

37 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

Park Joon Young is made for Chae Song Ah. That’s a fact. The day they finally start dating (tonight maybe?) will be the death of me. How can a not-yet-couple be so God Darn adorable already? They’re so taken with each other and are so in love with each other already. Such mature acting. And the chemistry is sky high.

Can we have a park joon young in real life ? LOL I AGREED WITH YOU.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

Spoiler(ish) text preview for ep 8 under the cut

Spoiler

Something to say...  Confession, maybe?

I really liked watching these kdrama reviewers talk about ep 5 & 6 of the show. They have many of the same feelings some of you have expressed here! They also put into words why DYLB feels special and different from other melos and dramas in general. (DYLB segments starts 55 secs in, if you're interested in watching)

• Like 5

I have nothing to contribute except to say that I love Song Ah as a character. She has passion and principles. And respects herself. And has the guts to confess first then behave with dignity in spite of the in- your- face presence of the stuck- like- glue JK to the guy.

Isn't she sweet? I felt like patting her on the back and saying great job girl. So yeah as long as the writer keeps her character consistent I am happy. So that when those 2 sweetie pies get together it will be so good. The 2 actors have such sweet eyes looking at each other. Its like looking at 2 sweet labrador puppies falling in love with each other. i just want to go " aw shucks you sweet sweet things you. "

The main problem I see for him are those parents. JK can be chucked but the parents will drag him down.

The acting is earnest. And really good. I actually decided that I like HH this episode. He had class when he decided to have his final talk with JK. And my heart broke for him when he broke down. JK made her choices. The woman let a good man go. The idiot. But you can't make someone love you and she is going about it in such a manipulative, cruel, self- centred way. Pity the guy she loves as her love cannot be depended upon. If she like JY for so long she should have made it clear and never started with HH. Or broke up way earlier before pursuing JY cleanly instead of all the emotional cheating. And using so many lies.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Good for SA  - She knows her priority well and love that she's already express what she thinks of JY and willing to wait with a trust and open mind.  Good for JY to know that he's finally able to say NO to JK.  I'm looking forward to JY's turn to pursue SA next.  They do complement each other well.

EieorUnVkAEWwBe?format=jpg&name=small

The next OST

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, rukizie said:

NEW STILL 

SIMJANGAAAAAAA THESE TWOOO

Isn't this the scene in the preview where JY was all quiet again and SA was just looking cautiously at him?? I'm sensing a replay of the scene in ep6 when SA told JY she didn't want to be JY's friend (if JY didn't want to share his burdens to SA).

Man... I hope they won't get into an argument again. I mean.. They just fought in ep 7! :tears: I want them to smile at least for 2 scenes today.. Or is that too much? :wacko:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, gracebkk said:

Isn't this the scene in the preview where JY was all quiet again and SA was just looking cautiously at him?? I'm sensing a replay of the scene in ep6 when SA told JY she didn't want to be JY's friend (if JY didn't want to share his burdens to SA).

Man... I hope they won't get into an argument again. I mean.. They just fought in ep 7! :tears: I want them to smile at least for 2 scenes today.. Or is that too much? :wacko:

Looks like she will take two steps far from Jun Young. She will try to avoid him maybe. But i think she needs that for Joon Young to make a move. Our girl needs it

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, rukizie said:

Looks like she will take two steps far from Jun Young. She will try to avoid him maybe. But i think she needs that for Joon Young to make a move. Our girl needs it

Agree! Our girl needs to be wooed too! So far, we've only seen how SA is taking a step towards JY (from her boldness of confessing her love to trusting and understanding him about JK). So it'll be perfect if JY can chase after SA too :) After all, she deserves being loved and prioritized after all this time :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This is my favorite underdog drama of the year. And my favorite characters of the year as well.

I’m still surprised how in love I am with Joon Young. I once mentioned on Dramabeans that he is akin to a standard Second Male Lead; kind hearted, stares at the main Female Lead from afar and missed timing. But instead of losing the girl, he might be getting the girl. As much as I love Song Ah as a character too, I’m still totally taken by Joon Young. He has a certain charisma that I didn’t notice before. I first saw him on Persevere Goo Hae-Ra and I fangirled over his beautiful face. But then I watched Second 20’s and I loved him as the main lead’s son. Then I watched My First Time and fell for him in absolute. Even if Choi Minho (the main Male Lead in My First Time) is from my bias group SHINee, I wanted Kim Min Jae to win Park So Dam so much.

Ever since I’ve noticed him not getting the girl and it hurt so much for my poor noona heart. And now finally he gets the girl and not acting as a jerk, but as a kind hearted man who actually deserves the girl and for that only I’m happy.

Meanwhile, Chae Song Ah proves to be one of the strongest female leads in KDrama history. The fact that she goes against the meaning of her name makes me admire her more. She fell in love one time and didn’t have the courage to confess, maybe because she knew deep down that he was not the person she should love. But with Joon Young, she didn’t waste time. She told him the bold truth, to get it or not.

And no matter how many times I keep telling it, but Joon Young asking for time is one of the most underrated moments of the drama. The fact that he didn’t create any kinds of misunderstandings (with his feelings for her and about Jung Kyung’s pathetic accusation) and cleared all misunderstandings between them ASAP proves how amazing the character is and would be in real life if everyone can get their own Park Joon Young.

I wish all of us are lucky enough to get a Park Joon Young.

:twerk2:

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Just when i can finally watch the episode, it’s already 1am. Dang it!! Will have to save both episodes and reading everyone’s thoughts for later then.

JK: i have slaps reserved for you at all times. Don’t make me use it again in the next episode. 

@Jillia tag me if anything dramatic happens again because you know that i “love” the dramatics ;):lol: I may oversleep and not wake up in time for live recaps :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Okay. I decided to watch the episode anyways lol. It’s now 2am. My thoughts may not be as clear haha. Will just say my initial thoughts. 

this episode was great!

I now understand what you guys mean about SA’s professor! I was glaring at her at the way she carried about with SA. She isn’t interested at her at all. I feel so bad for SA. Are professors like this realistically? Most of the professors I have known in college were very different from the ones Im seeing here. Even Professor Yoo is a bit far-fetched for me. And why is everyone so curious about the rumors?? Aigoo. It is no one’s business to ask around. If they are dating then they are. Why so curious of the details? 

I really love that SA is so honest with herself. She may not speak up for herself all the time but the honesty she gives herself is amazing. And this shows around the people she loves. She is honest with JY and i love it! And when they are together, double adorableness!! Dimple couple!! Fighting!

JY..it’s obvious he likes SA. But perfectly normal to be hesitant. With JK still hanging around, he needs to hold onto SA even tighter. SA is so genuine and honest with him. He needs that in his life. And he learned fast. Knowing SA doesn’t like this and that, he learned and refused JK!

HH, yes! I am so proud of you! Finally letting her go and saying goodbye! But why is JK crying? I don’t understand her at all. She hurts him and then cries when it is his turn to say goodbye to her. Like why? 

but oh man..JK..this bish..lying about sleeping with JY and even demanding JY play the piano with her. Hell no!! She thinks she owns JY. Well, newsflash JK, when it comes to JY:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

When you said “JK” my mind immediately went to Jungkook. :w00t:

haha oh no..I wouldn’t ever want to slap JungKook..but JUNG KYUNG on the other hand is a different story 

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Watch: IZ*ONE’s Jo Yu Ri Lends Her Voice To “Do You Like Brahms?” OST

e4b1ff3cf1d64b9cac5bd2f17ea6401e.jpeg?s=

Sep 22, 2020

by U. Kim

IZ*ONE’s Jo Yu Ri has released her first-ever solo OST for the SBS drama “Do You Like Brahms”!

Jo Yu Ri’s new song “My Love” gives off a warm feeling with an acoustic guitar sound and simple drum beat. Jo Yu Ri’s emotional voice adds to the comforting vibe of the sweet track. The song is composed by A10tion and Noheul and written by Ji Hoon and Jay Kim.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426987wpp/watch-izones-jo-yu-ri-lends-her-voice-to-do-you-like-brahms-ost

• Like 6

I feel bad for Hyeon Ho. I cried while watching him. :(

Jun Kyung will end up loosing both of her best friends. 

It's all about the timing. Dong Yun will tell about his feeling to Song Ah on the preview. But Song Ah already fell for JY.

I hope this won't ruin SA-MS-DY friendship.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3