[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

14 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

Honestly I did NOT expect a kiss like that considering how shy they were with each other. Rather than calling them Dimple Couple it’s better to call them Surprise Couple. Cuz that was one hell of a kiss and it took me by surprise for sure.

Please note that due to the kiss that happened yesterday my mind is shallow and functioning on a low level. Kindly excuse my pervertism.

Surprise Couple?!!

:joy: I seriously LOLed at this name!

btw, no excuses for a perverted mind.  Welcome to gutterland! I been replaying the kiss scene too! Zooming in on the kiss. See, it’s all in us ;) :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 3

Okay, so first of alll, that kiss......was simply too good and I loved it. 

But at the same time, I can't help but fear that JY took action...finally, because he's afraid that if he takes any longer, then there's a strong chance of permanently losing SA. She's been pushing him away for a while now, and while he isn't sure that he's completely over JK, he sure as hell doesn't want to let go off SA either. And I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do in the long run....

It's also like JK saying she did what she did cause she felt jealous and left-out kinda liberated him, and he wants to take this chance to completely cut off all romantic interest towards and from JK. So yeah, I'm not sure on how to feel about their impromptu status change.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Surprise Couple?!!

:joy: I seriously LOLed at this name!

btw, no excuses for a perverted mind.  Welcome to gutterland! I been replaying the kiss scene too! Zooming in on the kiss. See, it’s all in us ;) :lol:

Thank you thank you for the warm welcome to Gutterland !!

:heythere:

I have analyzed kisses before (ahem, Another Oh Hae Young and Reply 1994) so maybe I should use my God given talents again?

:fun:

• LOL 3

21 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

I have analyzed kisses before (ahem, Another Oh Hae Young and Reply 1994) so maybe I should use my God given talents again?

Oh yes!!!!

Please please give us lesser mortals the benefits of your superior talents.:sparklyeyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, shenmiao98 said:

Oh yes!!!!

Please please give us lesser mortals the benefits of your superior talents.

Oh I would and don’t worry the fanfic is also coming your way. Of course after receiving over a million warnings I won’t post my fic here but I’ll let you know the site and maybe even post it on AO3 or Wattpad Lol.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Okay. I am going to watch the episode now so i can spazz at that dang kiss again and it’s only 11pm this time. 

:elated:

42 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

hahaha! All of us has a wild side :D girl, since you have talents, don’t waste it on hiding away. Share it please ;)

35 minutes ago, shenmiao98 said:

Oh yes!!!!

Please please give us lesser mortals the benefits of your superior talents.

hahahaha!!! This comment had me ROTFL. Yes, give us lesser mortals a taste of your kiss analysis talents please. We gutters need more perversion to feed on! :D;) :lol:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hi all, silent reader here who posts occasionally in other drama threads before ~

I was looking at the comments under the highlight clips and noticed people commenting on the theory that Song-ah may walk a similar path like screenwriter Ryu Bori so I looked her up and found some interesting info!

Not sure if already shared but here it is

News article from 2010 (http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20100910000642&md=20100913104151_BL)

Ryu Bori writer graduated from Seoul National University College of Music, majored in violin and double majored in business administration in college.
She later earned a master's degree in performing arts management at New York University.
After her internship at IMG Artists and the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, she worked in the New York's Philharmonic marketing and education department. She has been in charge of classical music in Sony Music Marketing since last year(2009). 

Song-ah majored in business administration and double majored in violin.
So it is possible she may end up really working for Kyunghoo Cultural Foundation since there was also a scene where Cha Team Leader asked Song-ah if she can help out. 

There is another info I saw on korean wiki - The songs played by Song-ah are all played before and selected by Ryu Bori writer.

Anyways here is the link to the writer's interview if anyone is interested (just turn on the Google translate)

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2047090

Looking forward for the 2nd half :lol: to see how our beloved couple will overcome their problems~

• Like 4
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1

Alright. Alright. Let me get out of gutterland for a moment :D

I feel really bad for JY. The reason he agreed to help JK was actually more of a guilt action. JK mentions or implies that JY wouldn’t be in his status if it wasn’t for her in the first place <_< if JK can actually put her personal issues aside, she is a good mentor and would make a better professor than the two we have seen so far.

Ahem, Professor Yoo and SA’s professor:

:kicks:

these two professors annoy me. Not as much as JK but still..

I can really feel the strain of status in this episode and it’s heartbreaking to see. We have two people who like each other but can’t seem to get any privacy from the nosy peeps. Aigoo. I really hope JY and SA fight this through and realize that it is perfectly fine to be in love. No rules in the music book said you can’t love someone.

Sometimes, I just want JY to quit his current status now and do something else with the talent he already has, or he can discover other talents. SA wouldn’t care if he is no longer a world class pianist. She would support him. The passion SA has for music is deeper than JY’s so I don’t see her as quitting. But JY..i think it’s time to tell those who keeps putting words into his mind that he is capable of making something of his own. If the world brings him down for that, it is alright too. The world can change its heart but he shouldn’t change his for the world. The one he lives in now is giving him too much pressure and unhappiness. He needs to call it quits and find another reason to feel “alive” inside again. I just almost want to be in the drama itself and be that one person who tells the others to “shaddup” and “mind your own business” and then tell JY he has to let go of what hurts him and not be scared that the world will look down on him. I want to tell SA that she has to speak up when others look down on her because she is worth more than that. I want to tell JK to move aside because she already hurt others enough. And if i was a CEO of a more famous branch than Chris’s, I would swoop JY and SA into my company. 

oh and if I was a professor at the university, i would definitely kick the other two’s butt! 

:kicks:

whoa. This drama even got me making a character for myself haha!

alright chingus. I am off to sleep. Dreaming of gutterland and that kiss again! :D goodnight!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

After having a good night's sleep and rewatching ep8 with subs after waking up (a girl needs time to settle her brain after watching that amazing Piano kissing scene you know.. ;) ), I have so many thoughts right now... (Please bear with me for a bit here...) :) 

First... Can we all agree that Park Sungjae (aka Simon, the guy that used to be in Kyunghoo foundation) is badddddd news for JY? I hope JY will be able to talk it through with his management company, that the person behind the talk concert was actually Simon himself, and that he doesn't feel comfortable with Simon. I do agree to some extent with Simon's sentiments – that if JY doesn't take control of his career soon, it will plummet real fast, especially since rising pianists are taking over his position (and as we see, Seungmin already did by winning #1 in the Chopin competition). But I don't think the correct solution is to not play with his friends/anyone he wishes to play with & to work 24/7. Instead of improving his career, I can forsee him getting a mental breakdown and retiring from the music industry.

Second... Mannn.... JY & SA just keeps on stacking up their misunderstandings eh? I mean, it's a good thing they're voicing out everything they're not happy with (or are happy with). And I guess all this is because they're still in the "getting to know you" stage. But gosh... Do you know how many conflicts there were in 1 episode? 

1. JY tearing the orchestra seating announcement sheet

2. JY indirectly rejecting SA to be her accompanist for her graduate school entrance exam

3. JY getting mad at SA for feeling inferior to him and saying how they're in different levels/worlds (causing him to tell her if she does this he can't get together with her)

4. SA pushing JY away by rejecting his invitation for lunch (& also dinner?)

5. JY not telling SA what's happening in his life (JY didn't tell SA why he was feeling down)

6. JY telling SA to meet just to tell her that he's going to be JK's accompanist for her recital (even though he rejected becoming SA's accompanist)

Honestly speaking, if JY didn't tell SA that he likes her, my guess it they would probably have a fallout sooner or later. Because let's face it, the more they meet each other, the more each of them are standing on eggshells (even though they're happy to see the other person). Where did all the sweet scenes from ep 7 disappear to?!?! (The kiss doesn't count okay guys? hahahaha :D )

I do agree with @shenmiao98 that JY probably took action because he was afraid of losing SA. But even though Team Leader Cha told SA to give JY more time to come around, as SA said, she can only wait for so long before she loses patience. And with JK lurking around, SA's problems in her music studies, her trio gang problem, inferiority issues (worsened by the rumours and people's comments around her) and more, it's only a matter of time before SA breaks down and gives up. I mean, JY can't even specify the time. 

(PS: Team Leader Cha knowsssss!!!! SA was shocked that Team Leader Cha knew about her and JY's relationship. We have a supporter right here! wooohoooooo!!!)

We all can probably agree though that JY has already liked her since before (I think the feelings started blossoming from ep 4?). The only thing that really prevented JY from accepting SA's love was his financial problems, friendship problems, and JK who seems to still want to drag him around. I don't think JY still liked JK even in ep7 – or else, I don't think JY would have offered the handkerchief that JK gave him for the competition to SA. I mean, JY even forgot about it until later on when he realized why SA suddenly became apprehensive about accepting the handkerchief.

So even though JY accepted SA because he was feeling anxious that SA will leave him, I feel like both of their hearts are at the right place – that both of them like each other. Now, they just have to face the music together, whether it's JK, their friends, their studies or anything else. And I'm sure they will – they're so mature that I trust them to do the right thing.

Third... Wow... Dongyoon finally confessed to SA huh? It's too late for DY, which lets me think that there really isn't a "right timing" for "love". You won't ever be ready for it, so the only thing you can do is to seize the chance or risk losing out (just like how DY lost his opportunity and JY took his chance). 

I wonder why SA cried though. I'm guessing it's because she had a really long day emotionally. JY told her he can't be with her in the morning, and at night, DY said he likes SA (which she probably felt as an act of betrayal to MS). My heart was really breaking for SA today... She has so many problems, yet no one can help her.. :( 

Fourth... I was happy to see JK not being a bratty girl for once. I think SA is starting to realize how her professor isn't giving any comments about her violin playing while JK gave soooo many constructive comments (even though they don't have the best relationship). I really hope JK gets the offer to be a professor though. I think she'll be a good professor. For one, she knows how to empathize with her students because she's been there before – she knows how it feels to feel inferior to others. Her skills are also good, and she's acts very professional (teaching-wise).

I also liked how the drama delved deeper into HH & JK's relationship. So JK did tell HH before that she was wavering, but the only thing HH did was saying "we were apart for too long right? I'm sorry.." and nothing else. Ehhhhh... I guess there was nothing else HH could have done because everything JK did was caused by her sense of inferiority. But I couldn't help to think if HH had done something a bit more to hold on to JK and erase that sense of inferiority, would JK not have done that towards JY & their trio friendship?

I'm also really glad that JK finally told the truth to JY as to why she kissed him. Although it might not have helped much, it feels like they're on the path of reconciliation. I'm also glad that JK finally wants to do something so badly (becoming a professor) and not just aimlessly doing stuff and destroying relationships here and there. I just hope that JK realizes soon that she doesn't like JY that way, that she liked (and most likely, still has feelings for) HH. 

Thanks for the info @sljj. It'd be interesting if SA really takes on that path, and honestly speaking, I think doing a job that combines business & music will fit her better than going on to graduate school and just doing violin. By doing a "performing arts management"-type of job, she'll still be able to do what she loves (be around music) and use her prowess in business. As JY said before, her coming up with a "music/concert program and PR & marketing campaign" for her internship application isn't something anyone can do. 

Currently, my guess is that she'll take the graduate school exam (and have JY has her accompanist), but even after getting accepted to graduate school, she'll reject the offer and work in Kyunghoo foundation instead. And later on, she'll help plan JY's concerts, tours, music plans in Korea (since I can't see Simon/Park Sungjae being the one to manage JY's career – it's going to go downhill if this happens!). 

Wow.. I wrote an essay.. sorry about that. It was just a really good episode. I'm just so glad they casted all these actors for this drama. I couldn't even see the actor playing the characters. I can only see SA, JY, JK, HH, MS, DY and the other characters. Love this drama to bits! :wub: I'm loving K-Will's OST too, and I can't wait to hear the full version next week!! Can we coin it as Dimple Couple's kissing song? lol hahahahaha :D 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

UPDATE: 

I wasn't completely hating on JK in this episode. I love that she didn't let her feelings get the better of her when she was teaching SA. I love that she was extremely professional and NOT snarky at all. That was definitely one of more underrated moments between the two. Also I think JK is slooooooooowly but surely getting the hint that JY is no longer interested in her romantically and that she messed it up with HH (my baby :(

Am also hoping to see her and SA maybe become friends...??? Please :heartxoxo:

LOL I found this on Tumblr.  A truly helpful caption. Couldn't have known otherwise :phew:

:Megathanks:

7f09d79ae460a73bd13456fa85787acad63582a7

cred. owner

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

It's a very sensual kiss in my opinion. On one hand I wasn't expecting it from them either but on the other hand I kind of hoped we would get this. They're such a soft-spoken couple, uri Dimple Couple, so it's lovely to see they can be like this as well.

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

Oh my Oh my I see what you did there...

Well I started writing the fic and let me tell you it’s gonna be spiiiiiicyyyyyy 

:bashful:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

@gracebkk love all that you wrote there! Will reply to you once I officially wake up lol. I just woke up for a bathroom break. It’s 3am haha. Just had to check in on the party here ;)

1 hour ago, heartoppaya said:

Oh my Oh my I see what you did there...

Well I started writing the fic and let me tell you it’s gonna be spiiiiiicyyyyyy 

oh heck yasss!!! Feed us the spice! 

:sipsboba::eats2:

guys, i was so into that dang kissing scene that I forgot about my oppa K.Will’s voice in the background. He is one of the best Ost singers out there especially with his voice and yet, I forgot about him because that kiss was just too..sensual :D

Oppa, sorry!! 

:foryou:

btw guys, the word “sabbatical” is mentioned a lot around JY. What is it exactly? 

P.S. 

After seeing their first kiss, I am waiting to see the next kisses. :P 

@Jillia that scene you mentioned that knetz think is a possible kiss scene..i have a feeling it won’t be. But hey, our dreams can still come true ;) :lol:

——

alright, back to sleep for me lol.

• Like 3

Btw, did you guys see the ratings for ep8? It hit an all-time high at 6.3% an increase of 0.5%!!! It finally broke 6%!!! Although ratings doesn't matter for us (what matters most is the story, acting & our beloved Dimple Couple ;) ) and it's quite popular in Korea, but a higher rating never hurts. It's good news for the DYLB team too! A boost of encouragement! :D 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3

I was not that interested in this show at first as I am not a very big fan of classical music and among the main cast I am familiar with only Kim Minjae. Coincidentally I stumbled across a MV of this drama on YouTube and I was captivated by the leads chemistry and felt for them. I ended up finishing all 8 episodes within 2 days :lol:

I wasn't expecting the kiss or the confession. But yes it was sensual The lighting piano made it even more romantic. Though I happy they are finally dating but I think they will break up soon. There are too many things between them. A big problem is Joon Young himself. He doesn't want to share his problems with others and burden them but that's not how relationship works. Song Ah might seem weak and timid but she has a strong mind so she can handle them. 

The show is trying to make me pity Jung Kyung but I am annoyed with her. But I liked that she was professional and a better mentor than SA's professor.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

btw guys, the word “sabbatical” is mentioned a lot around JY. What is it exactly? 

If I'm not mistaken, it means "rest/break". So in JY's case, it's a break from performing and just doing whatever he wants to do – finishing his studies, traveling, etc (just no performances).

But I think the performances have to be paid to count as a strike against his "sabbatical" year? (if it's not paid, I think it's fine?)

=> please correct me on this one if I'm wrong. I'm not exactly sure about this one because JY's management is taking away Kyunghoo foundation's right to manage JY due to the Talk Concert. However, JY has a trio performance slated for the foundation's anniversary (yet everyone was okay with this..?)

@vangsweetie637 Take all the time you need! :D No rush! :D 

Edit:

Btw, I just saw a new interview by the PD on Naver (with the help of Mr. Google Translate) saying that the story is now going to focus on the character's growth (unlike the first half which had love as main part), which echoed the interview that the director did a while back (I think it was shared on the forum last week?).

Can we take this as our Dimple Couple not breaking up and instead will face all the storm together and grow from ep9 onwards?

:please:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001494337 => new interview

Edited by gracebkk
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Ooh baby~ can we talk about that kiss?! Didn't know JYP had it but yup he does eheheh. I think he sounded so much sexier speaking in English as well.. and when he told Song Ah he liked her 4 times (sighs dreamily) LoL. I want to keep hearing that on a neverending loop ha-ha. 

Urgh. See? Told y'all South Korea is into appearances,  statuses, reputation etc. They were harsh on Song Ah but JYP too. If this were another drama, they'd attack by saying he's too rich or she's too poor sheesh. 

Don't know how well this will go down with Min Sung if she finds out Dong Yoon actually likes Song Ah. Not certain if Jung Kyung is for real in pursuing a career in Seoryeong. Or she's trying to get back with JYP. At least she helped Song Ah a bit with her violin recital. 

While things may bloom for JYP & Song Ah, it seems JYP is suffering in living up to other's pressure in his musical career.    

• Like 7