[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

2 hours ago, SakuraC said:

I am not really happy for him to accompany JK

Like SA also needs him

Guess rumours will fly then

He accompany JK instead of her girlfriend

I still feel its not right

SA has problem with her pianist

She really needs someone to help her

Feel like JY x SA combo might help JY block in playing piano right now

Maybe Joon Young want to protect Song Ah from the rumours..if he really become her pianist then people will start to talk that Song Ah approach him so she can get benefit which is he being her pianist for exam..

• Like 5

They were shy throughout seven episodes only to makeout like that in the eighth? They were definitely hiding that from us. I knew their chemistry was amazing but THAT amazing? Who knew?!

I’m still not over the kiss, my Lord. I wanted a Joon Young because that kind of gentleman would match my chaotic troublemaking self but now I desperately need a Joon Young so I can kiss him 25/8. Yes, I’ll make additional hours for my mans. :w00t:

THAT MAKEOUT THO....

:rickroll:

Apparently there was a kiss on Record of Youth as well but everyone says that it was boring. I was like “Well... my OTP had the best kiss... so....”

Also just fyi, I started to write a small fanfic I don’t know if I’m as good as I used to be. I used to write pervy fics here on soompi. But I’ve lost that touch for a long time. Here’s just a glimpse tho:

Fanfic by heartoppaya 

Park Joon Young was bouncing his legs against the stone wall he was seated on, waiting. He looked at his phone and bit his lips looking around. Just then the person he has been waiting for, violinist Chae Song Ah walked out the door. Trying hard to deny a smile, he jumped off the wall and stared at her. A shy smile crept her lips when she saw him and he mirrored her smile. The bashful girl made her way towards him, making him look down smiling.

“Did you wait too long?” She asked looking at him.

He shook his head.

“No, I just came” he replied, even if it has been fifteen minutes since he was seated waiting for her.

She nodded, obviously not believing the lie. He caught her eyes and they both looked away smiling.

“Shall we have dinner?” He asked.

Song Ah nodded and the two of them walked along the road, randomly looking at each other and smiling when the other catches them looking at the other.

:Pandabulous:

Thats it for today, lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

@rukizie @Jillia Bless your hearts for live recapping and even going in depth with certain scenes.

I'm late to the party but that kiss got me going....

:2540_meh:

:fullofhearts::issohappy:

On the other hand, next week seems to get more complex. The color scheme, especially the clothes, seems darker, contrasting the earlier phase of the drama which was bright and colorful. 

@gracebkk I love how you broke each part of the translated preview and shared your thoughts. I, too, am curious what happened between Professor Yoo and Team Leader Cha. Team Leader Cha's like the older version of Song Ah. She's gentle, empathetic and charismatic. I wonder if JK's grandmother said something hurtful to both Professor Yoo and Team Leader Cha in order for them to focus on their careers. I mean she did the same thing to the trio. 

Joon Young hitting the same note, (in the preview) the same piano key, reminds me of the early episode when Song Ah first encountered Joon Young in the rehearsal room (ep1). After she abruptly apologized and left the room, he started practicing and ended up hitting this same note. So point being, something's bothering him. He's either flustered? or frustrated? 

8 hours ago, Jillia said:

On another note: I like how Hae Na gets almost more character development than Min Sung and Dong Yoon. Her small scene said a lot about her. She seems more focused on other things than music. And then there is her not yet send application for Julliard. Why wouldn't she send it? It's such a prestigious school. Is she as conflicted as our main characters? I just wanted to mention it because otherwise I think it might get lost. :D

Also @Jillia I'm glad you mentioned about Hae Na because she's such an interesting character. I have a feeling that she's just as lost as our main characters. Her mom even calls to check up on her and asks if she's going to practice. Maybe she's feeling pressured and doesn't want to get into Julliard? Julliard is quite competitive. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, rukizie said:

i read comments that they dislike Song Ah because she is timid and often acts like damsel in distress. She is a frustrating character. EXCUSE ME, Jung Kyung is frustrating me even worse. 

@Jillia @vangsweetie637 sister that kiss dammit, she almost hit the piano again but our Joon Young hold her like he doesnt want to lose her. 

@heartoppaya dammit when he said i like you many times. it becomes a lullaby :')

THAT VOICE MY GOD THAT VOICE IT KEEPS GIVING KE BUTTERFLIES AND NOW IT TURNED INTO BIRDS THERE ARE OSTRICHES IN MY BELLY BECAUSE THATS HOW HE MAKES ME FEEL

HE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE: :4267_LiccGif:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@heartoppaya I loveeeee that fanfic! Seems to me like you still got your touch. ;) If you got anymore you'd like to share, just know that you have a reader right here willing to read anything related to our Dimples Couple hehehehe. :D 

22 minutes ago, ponderings said:

Team Leader Cha's like the older version of Song Ah. She's gentle, empathetic and charismatic. I wonder if JK's grandmother said something hurtful to both Professor Yoo and Team Leader Cha in order for them to focus on their careers. I mean she did the same thing to the trio. 

Ooooo... That's quite interesting.. JK's grandmother did as Team Leader Cha whether or not she still feels awkward with Professor Yoo, so it can be possible that there was slight intervention. Even if not, at least we know that the grandmother knew about this relationship existed. But it seemed like Team Leader Cha has no problem whatsoever with the grandmother so I wonder what happened there... Hopefully the drama will shed light to it (or else why would they mention it in an already-packed-with-problems drama), but even if they don't, I guess we can just infer that it wasn't that important.

25 minutes ago, ponderings said:

Also @Jillia I'm glad you mentioned about Hae Na because she's such an interesting character. I have a feeling that she's just as lost as our main characters. Her mom even calls to check up on her and asks if she's going to practice. Maybe she's feeling pressured and doesn't want to get into Julliard? Julliard is quite competitive. 

Seems like Hae Na also has problems with her boyfriend because of this Julliard issue. Does she have inferiority issues too, just like SA? But unlike SA, she's taking it badly and hurting/being jealous of everyone around her. Her mean comments about the dating rumour between SA & JY was quite hurtful – how she said this quite cynically. Let's see how the drama will develop her, but one thing's for sure – I will NOT stand it if she hurts our precious SA and Dimples Couple. :angry:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Maaaaaaaan. The fact that KMJ grabbed PEB’s face and kissed her. He’s a really good kisser, my God. I’m still not over it. Nope.

:evilelmo:

THE KISS IS FIREEEEEEE

5 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

@heartoppaya I loveeeee that fanfic! Seems to me like you still got your touch. ;) If you got anymore you'd like to share, just know that you have a reader right here willing to read anything related to our Dimples Couple hehehehe. :D 

AHHHHHHHHH you’re feeding my addiction. Of COURSE I will write more. Now that I’ve got a fan I can count on, lol.  :w00t: But from now onwards I’m going back to writing my 18+ fanfics. I’m not used to writing innocent fics. Lol 

And now that we all KNOW that they’re not innocent I’m more than encouraged to write pervy fics lol. 

:twerk2:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 4

@Jillia That gif is killing me. :wub: I also love the significance of the rehearsal room for the OTP. Now they gotta rehearse....for more kissing scenes hahaha just kidding. :lol: I tried back tracking to find who brought it up but I can't find it. 

But I have to back track to this comment of yours.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:15 AM, Jillia said:

I like your observations about the rosin. :D It reminds me of how the string of Song Ah's violin broke when Joon Young closed the piano. A interesting double symbolism maybe? The string breaking after Song Ah found out about Min Sung and Dong Yoon and Joon Young closing the piano which he doesn't love.

Before the kiss scene, Song Ah opened the piano and then Joon Young comes in to tell her what's on his mind. Essentially, they're learning to open up their hearts to be there for each other.  :heart4:

43 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I mean she told her mom "even you didn't get into Julliard". It almost sounds like she is either giving up because in the end she was second to last in class I think OR she really does want to give up on music and uses her mom's failure as an excuse to say "Okay, you didn't get into Julliard, so you have no right to pressure me to do it." Which would be cruel but what she said worked. :(

Oh I see. She's pressured to succeed...to meet her mom's standard! I guess you can say that she may be lost in her path. Maybe going to Julliard wasn't her goal from the beginning. 

35 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Seems like Hae Na also has problems with her boyfriend because of this Julliard issue. Does she have inferiority issues too, just like SA? But unlike SA, she's taking it badly and hurting/being jealous of everyone around her. Her mean comments about the dating rumour between SA & JY was quite hurtful – how she said this quite cynically. Let's see how the drama will develop her, but one thing's for sure – I will NOT stand it if she hurts our precious SA and Dimples Couple. :angry:

She definitely has inferiority issues. First ep: She talked to another girl about asking Song Ah what she will do. She seemed very perceptive when Song Ah asked about Lee Jung Kyung (before the meal with JK's grandmother). Her talking about Joon Young's popularity going down and that his coming back to Korea may be a sign of him failing overseas. At times, she's snappy and condescending. I am also agree that I won't stand it if she gets at SA and Dimples Couple. 

---

Alright I need to focus and become productive for the day. Oh my. I wish I can just live in dramaland forever.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

@heartoppaya 18+ fanfics? Bring it on! I'm ready to read them all! Hahahahaha :coolshades:

and yes! Livejournal is still around hahahaha :D I think another site that drama fanfic writers like to use nowadays is AO3, but honestly, as long as I can read fanfics related to our Dimples Couple, I'm ready to go to whatever sites to read 'em! I just love them too much... :wub:

I tried to search for the person who brought up the significance of the practice room too, but I can't find it too. I remember reading it though.... Hmmm... It mysteriously disappeared... But gosh.. That practice room must be magic. If SA & JY ever gets married, that's where they should get married! Seems like everything wonderful for them happens there! :D 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Sorry to cut your post. :D

Oooh, that's a good observation... about the piano and Song Ah opening it. :wub: I think that's really what they have been doing, now all missing is Joon Young opening up about his problems. He really needs to talk about them. Also I wouldn't mind more kissing rehearsals either. Hahaha... but I guess we also have to deal with Joon Young's financial and emotional issues in the next episode. But knetz hope for another kiss... here:

Source: DCGall

But it could be a complete tease of course. :D

As for Hae Na: Like you I think she is an interesting character and she might be struggling just like Song Ah but deal with it differently. Hence why her remark about "why a world class artist (Joon Young) would date an average music student (aka Song Ah)". It's always easier to bring other people down in order to feel better instead of facing the personal problems and trying to solve them.

I have to admit... I enjoyed Song Ah's master class with Jung Kyung. I know it was exam for Jung Kyung as well but I feel like she would be a better mentor for Song Ah than Professor Lee ever will be. She even gave Song Ah the music sheet with her remarks and corrections.

Speaking of Master Classes, when can we expect Joon Young to teach a Master Class for Kissing 101? Cuz here’s my money, imma enroll GDI.

:2540_meh:

• LOL 6

Ok, it is hard to stay away this week even though I have a work conference.

It is online so whenever I had a free minute I was lurking.

OMG YESH on the OTP! OMG the kiss. Loved reading all the comments, seeing the GIFS, recaps and goodies.

I have to be MIA but dang alot happening this week. 

Thank god! I had to unlurk to say --YESH.

-DY so you did like her. But dang TIMING is king.

-JK was at least professional doing the master class with SA

-SA and JY cute moments and that KISS *YESH

-SA with her dad (that moment with the beer) and HH with his adorable parents

-HH standing up to JK and drawing the LINE (hard but good job)

Can I saw I love SA wardrobe fits her character pretty, feminine and just very good . I especially loved the white with light blue design on the print skirt alot. 

@Jillia the VIOLIN and the heart analysis -- so true

@ponderings the scenes and appeal of our OTP and visuals just lovely

Ok I got to go but couldn't resist.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I feel so sorry for Joon Young. As if his financial issues weren’t already strangling him, now he will most likely fall into the hands of that unscrupulous guy who will take over his management rights in SK. It’s like Joon Young has no power over his life and definitely not over his career. The guy is already telling him to ditch Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung and I’m sure that’s just the beginning of his schemes and demands. Then there’s the music professor who basically advised him that accompanying Song Ah in her violin sonata is a double edge sword which will bring down his grade or cast doubt on Song Ah’s ability. Then there’s his friendship issues with both Hyun Ho and Jung Kyung. His life sure is thorny. It’s one of the reasons why I like to see him light up and smile when he’s with Song Ah. 

I would like Jung Kyung to get the job. Hyun Ho must have withdrawn his participation because I haven’t seen him at the teaching sessions. I find that Jung Kyung was helpful in her instructions to Song Ah. At least we get to know that she plays the notes correctly and her shortcomings are her inconsistency and diffidence. 

Sometimes I feel like Song Ah is living in a lonely world by herself when it comes to music. Only her dad encourages her at home and her music friends seem to get along with her but secretly look down their nose at her ability. The teachers are neither encouraging nor helpful. I think something needs to change for her and it just might be Jung Kyung. 

On the romance side, I like that our Dimples couple do not hold grudges against each other. They argue and disagree but still reach out to each other to spend time together. I’m patiently waiting for the time when Joon Young can honestly share his issues with Song Ah. I don’t expect her to solve his problems but having somebody to honestly share his feelings with would be great. I know Song Ah wants that too because she already brought up the subject with him. 

The kiss was lovely. :wub: I’m really happy with this development for our couple. And it was right on the heels of Director Cha encouraging Song Ah to wait for Joon Young because it will be worth it. He will cherish her because that’s the kind of person he is.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

8 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Maybe Joon Young want to protect Song Ah from the rumours..if he really become her pianist then people will start to talk that Song Ah approach him so she can get benefit which is he being her pianist for exam..

Even when its not true everyone still talk

Like why JY is dating her & etc

Initially JY denied it

But its still get out of hand & everyone gossiping

Just dont care too much of it

JY knows the true what really happen between him & SA 
Thats what matter the most

Rather than those busybody gossipers

Whatever it is, everyone will still talk

Sometimes when u care too much it will just end up hurting you

So just do whatever they want

Its also time for JY to start doing thing for himself

Instead of trying to please others or doing what ever they want him to do

Whether SA will pass the exam or not depends on her skills as violinist

Having JY as a pianist is a bonus

The songs she plays need to be with a pianist that able to match well with her

Those who wants to doubt SA will always do so regardless whether JY is her accompany or not

They are jealous of Sa having JY as her painist & boyfriend:P

Thats just my opinion:glasses:

• Like 5

Watch: Park Ji Hyun And Park Eun Bin Struggle To Stay Serious For Confrontation Scene In “Do You Like Brahms?”

e71429d60e774f12a0efc1a64b7be20f.jpeg?s=

Sep 23, 2020
by C. Hong

The atmosphere on the set of SBS’s “Do You Like Brahms?” is completely different from the one in the drama!

Spoilers

In “Do You Like Brahms?”, a drama about the hopes and dreams of classical music students, Park Eun Bin plays Chae Song Ah, a violinist who is older than most of her peers after choosing to pursue music later in life. Park Ji Hyun plays Lee Jung Kyung, another violinist who is an old friend of Park Joon Young (Kim Min Jae).

As Chae Song Ah and Park Joon Young get closer, Lee Jung Kyung become jealous of their relationship. Although she is dating Han Hyun Ho (Kim Sung Cheol), a cellist who is also Park Joon Young’s friend, she has lingering feelings for Park Joon Young.

In a behind-the-scenes video for episode six, Park Eun Bin and Park Ji Hyun greet each other warmly when they arrive on set. Park Eun Bin comments, “It’s been a while!” Park Ji Hyun responds playfully with her line from the drama, “Don’t butt in.” The two actresses then rehearse the scene on the set with the director, but they can’t stop giggling instead of staying serious. Park Ji Hyun says, “It’s too hard!”

The director advises, “You don’t have to come off super strong. Just keep your tone level.” After multiple rehearsals, Park Ji Hyun succeeds in delivering the line with a straight face and a cold expression. As soon as the director yells cut, she holds Park Eun Bin’s arm and jumps up and down in embarrassment. Between takes, the two actresses exchange friendly conversation about playing the violin.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1427102wpp/watch-park-ji-hyun-and-park-eun-bin-struggle-to-stay-serious-for-confrontation-scene-in-do-you-like-brahms

• Like 6

Honestly I did NOT expect a kiss like that considering how shy they were with each other. Rather than calling them Dimple Couple it’s better to call them Surprise Couple. Cuz that was one hell of a kiss and it took me by surprise for sure.

Please note that due to the kiss that happened yesterday my mind is shallow and functioning on a low level. Kindly excuse my pervertism.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Well, I am here to give my cent for ep. 8. 

Wow, although I liked the end, I felt it was a little bit anticlimatic, but well... at least JY finally came to SA. 

I was actually surprised JK was nice in the master class. 

I am upset everybody is so eager to judge everybody's talent or lack of. 

I am in expectations about the romance but I am afraid they will suffer... 

Oh no, so many things. 

But this drama keeps me crazy waiting for every Monday and Tuesday to come :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1