[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

23 minutes ago, triplem said:

It was so good...ahah ok it was cramps.. can't wait to watch with subs... do you know why she was so upset at the end? She can't get preggers or something right? Or chances are super low?

Yeap, from my basic korean understanding I think she had really low chances of getting pregnant, probably something to do with her age

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비 - Wed & Thu @ 22:50 KST

Korean drama universe Rule of thumb: 

A woman and her steady partner who want  to get pregnant or just don’t prevent it can’t no matter how hard she (well ,they ) work at it. 

....But a drunken one night stand with practical stranger will have her knocked up immediately 

It's going to take a while to get this drama subbed. As of right now it's at 0%. While most dramas have 7-15 English-Korean subbers. This drama at this moment,  according to viki website only has one. Hopefully, they'll get more subbers.  I myself don't like spoilers. It takes away the fun of watching it. I watched it first before the spoilers so it didn't effect me; it only confirmed what I thought.

Besides Viki, the other subber is Viu - available for Asian markets...but as you all know all the other free sites rip off the subs from them anyway , so the subs are already available since quite a few hours ago. 

-----------------------------------

@Ameera Ali I think after this experience , he will swear off having babies for real 

1 hour ago, nikki7 said:

Leave it to JNR to make me cry while watching a romcom. That ep 1 ending scene is so much feels. I seriously hope she's in a romantic melo next. She does emotional scene so well!

Agree with you on that. :tears: She really does that scene very well ( I remember her acing emotional scenes in Go Back Couple - so good!). 

I loved this 1st episode @Ameera Ali I might follow this drama if I have time :)

The best scenes for this episode I think from when the ahjummas thought her water broke all the way she was being taken to the hospital. Laugh out loud right there. But then bam..the next scene had me :tears: when she found out she might not be able to have a baby (and the scene where Jae Young found all the baby stuff in her wardrobe was just a really nice touch that amplified the sadness T_T). 

Let's see how episode 2 fair ~ 

I just love the 1st episode...it was funny and I laughed my head off watching it the second time round. But more than comedy, it was also very real. The struggles that HaRi face , I know them so well. Surrounded by family and close friends who struggle with fertility issues or even finding someone to date what more get married - I can truly empathise. I am sure if you come to this part of Asia , you'd get asked all the time if you have a BF or a husband or why you don't have kids or why only one kid  and so on :sweatingbullets:. So I do think the drama is unique in addressing these issues which is sometimes hard to talk about. I get  people's reaction when HR said she'd be willing to have a baby without a partner...it is just not something that people would usually consider doing in this part of the world.  Raising children is already hard with a partner , it really is no joke doing it on your own.  Definitely brave of the drama to highlight this.

It seems that in terms of romance, the drama has laid the groundwork and I Sang is the front-runner for me at the moment. Mr Photographer ( also known as @Ameera Ali's husband :lol:) would be my choice. I like that they had a cute tropey back story and  his mean response  to her during their disastrous 1st encounter is very typical or all these rom-coms right? ;):lol:
I lost it when she tried touching his hands. Go Joon is very charismatic ...so shallow me is sold. Anyway I am not so keen on the other two as yet... sloppy bestie is needing a babysitter for himself and his baby- honestly run HR , run!  And handsome hoobae...well Aunty is not exactly a term of endearment I can accept from my potential partner :joy:

edit to add: Stills for tonight 

Archived