[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I keep re watching the ending of episode 9. I don't need a kiss between the two leads right now, I want a super long embrace because they both need it so badly. Not going to lie, if we had more selfless people like MKT in this world...it would be a better place. Even when KT wanted to be bad, his goodness overcame it EVERY SINGLE TIME. See what alcohol and staying in one room with MY does to him? Nothing. That boy be restraining himself even when he knows how much he wants MY. I don't know how he does it! The staring contests MY and KT have...insanely seductive, how they still be holding it back, that's the mystery. LOL

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, daloula said:

I also am worried about the foreshadowing when they talked about how love is about letting go too. When you really love someone you might reach a situation where you need to let them go for their own good. In this case, since MY was the one who thought it was ridiculous and she would never let go of GT while GT told her she can't know what might happen in the future, I think MY would actually grow to the point where she would be selfless enough to actually let go of GT despite of loving him and wanting him for herself for his own good.

Same here. We are slightly seeing that this would kinda happen in the next episode already. 

I feel so heartbroken for MKT (and KSH's brilliant acting adds even more to it) - he was literally ruined in the last minutes. And, as you said, the entire episode was building up to that last point.

To be honest, I am disappointed with the episode. The kiss was out of place, a bit exaggerated, and was gone as quick as it happened. Absolutely in no connection to anything else in the drama so far.

The entire episode was somehow "rushed" - the patients' love story, the realisation that he should leave A-Reum because he loves her, the drunk MKT, the "kiss" (if you call this a "kiss"), the secondary characters and their evaluation of love, and the ending. As a result, I didn't get any emotion from any of those. Again saying, if not the brilliant acting of KSH at the end, this would have been a pretty shallow episode.

And I feel so angry for this because I feel betrayed as a fan. The "kiss" was supposed to be in line with the whole drama. I am not angry that it was a peck - ok. But KMY's reaction after it was so out of her character, that angered me. Also, MKT saying he cannot run anymore, and then just slightly touches her lips with his and laughs awkwardly? Not ok at all.

I don't know, the entire episode could have been well divided in two and not so rushed, spending the deserved time to each emotion. :( 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 1

I understand the meaning of "letting go someone we love" BUT KT and MY didn't even start their relationship, WHY we have to suffer for this LETTING GO thing? Hope writernim doesn't go for that route... I need better and romantic moments for them!!:criesariver:

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

But KMY's reaction after it was so out of her character, that angered me. Also, MKT saying he cannot run anymore, and then just slightly touches her lips with his and laughs awkwardly? Not ok at all.

In Retrospect We have to Understand the KT is essentially the TEEN KID trapped in Adult KT's body, his reaction to the PECK will be more understandable. MY may 99% want to DEvour KT but at this stage She was Giddy with the PECK as well because she is Understanding His Emotions as well.

Lets Say Like for KT a ONE DAY TRIP was called Fun so for MY something better than nothing for good as well albiet for sometime. It was not out of character for her Imo.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, madmad min said:

In Retrospect We have to Understand the KT is essentially the TEEN KID trapped in Adult KT's body, his reaction to the PECK will be more understandable. MY may 99% want to DEvour KT but at this stage She was Giddy with the PECK as well because she is Understanding His Emotions as well.

Lets Say Like for KT a ONE DAY TRIP was called Fun so for MY something better than nothing for good as well albiet for sometime. It was not out of character for her Imo.

MKT might have never had fun in his life the way most people do and may have a childish smile but... let's not forget he is a caregiver. To be such, one has strong emotions and needs to have an adult behaviour. He has such when it comes to patients, yet not when it comes to his brother. He has such a strong behaviour towards KMY but now he got close to her and starts to treat her more or less the way he treats his brother - carefully and lovingly, with consideration. I can understand his fears, the smiles, the confessions, the flowers. But a peck was not ok for me in terms of them being two fully-grown adults. It seemed too childish to me, given all the circumstances.

As for KMY... for a person who jumps at MKT at every single moment, she just smiled a bit, and that was it. I don't say she should have grabbed him by neck and kissed the hell out of him but her reaction after the peck was, save to say, dry. Which is definitely not her at all. This is why I say it is out of her character. 

However, I completely agree with you regarding KMY being considerate with MKT and understanding his emotions. 100%, that's the explanation behind her not rushing the "kiss" and not "grabbing him by the neck". :D But, for two people who have so many emotions and history, the "kiss" was way too meager.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Another thing that is bothering me was Director words! He said to KT he need to protect MY and stay by her side. How he can protect her if he will leave her in tomorrow episode? And before the kiss scene KT said he will not runaway again because he cannot restrain himself more. So i'm confused about the script at this point... :crybaby:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Another thing that is bothering me was Director words! He said to KT he need to protect MY and stay by her side.

Honestly, I feel so bad for MKT. Who will protect him? He needs to protect MST, he needs to protect KMY... 

But KMY's reaction at the end (the tears in her eyes when he was crying on the floor) + the words from the next episode (that MST might actually be the one helping MKT) make me think that at the end, the people whom he always protects will protect him. :) 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Another thing that is bothering me was Director words! He said to KT he need to protect MY and stay by her side. How he can protect her if he will leave her in tomorrow episode? And before the kiss scene KT said he will not runaway again because he cannot restrain himself more. So i'm confused about the script at this point... :crybaby:

KT's position is not easy though. He is stuck between his wants and his responsibilities and we can see his guilt too. Imagine growing up with the guilt of wanting your brother dead. The script is just showing that and will keep showing it. Even if he falls in love with MY and decides to have a break for a day, he can't just change all his priorities at once. ST and MY aren't easy either. Both require a lot of love and attention and KT is just one person and he can't give his all to each one of them. They still need to find their balance if they ever find it and it won't be an easy feat.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Thoughts on Ep 9

Wow what an amazing episode!! I keep on thinking every previous episode is the best, but then another episode comes that tops the previous one !!

MY and JR's Friendship 

MY and JR's past friendship actually says a lot about how similar MY and ST are alike. For example, they treat people like objects which are solely theirs and both get upset when they have to share their objects/people with others. As I always like to say, "Sharing is caring" :joy:!

XY4Gzro.jpg

Hopefully both MY and JR can make peace with each other and become friends once again !!

Flowers of Doom

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SCENE !!!!! This was the moment I have been waiting for the entire series. I was so happy to see both KT and MY getting a chance to redo this moment in a different manner than previously when they were children! 

I don't ever like cheesy romantic scenes because I find them overly exaggerated and superficial, thus making them not very believable to me. This scene was as far from cheesy as you can get! It was sweet, very believable, and showed true vulnerability and depth of both characters! 

c1mRxgp.jpg

This scene was also ominous because KT gave MY what I like to call "flowers of doom" which to me is like a similar moment in TKEM where LG was giving JTE flowers before stuff blows up lol. Their one moment of bliss is almost a foreshadow that in the next few episodes they're going to have to face a lot of trials and tribulations in their relationship. Meaning that they're probably going to have to deal with a lot of obstacles in order to be together. If they're fated to be together, they just have to travel a little longer (metaphorically speaking) to finally be with each other!

Running Away and Definition of Love

One of the more common themes in IOTNBO is how running away is seen a cowardly act. For example, KT running away from MY when they were younger or the two mental hospital patients running away together in order to not face their problems. It takes bravery and courage in either cases to face the problem or the person. 

hk95Tpm.jpg

Also in IOTNBO, the definition of what it means to love someone varies from person to person. For MY, she didn't know what true friendship or real love was largely due to her mother. Since MY's mother basically owned MY and forced MY to have no one else besides her, that's how MY treated JR and KT because she didn't know any better. Love to MY only meant ownership instead of real love which is unconditional. The same goes for ST. Both him and MY say they love KT, but yet they won't learn to share him or let him go. Truly loving someone means not being selfish and always wanting for the other person to be happy even if you are not a part of that happiness. That's one certain aspect that both MY and ST need to understand/realize. 

Other Thoughts:

• LOVE MY's outfit !! Haha I feel like I'm like her with being overdressed all the time !
    • Spoiler

Gnv20N4.png

• I hate that male nurse who went around spilling the tea to everyone in the hospital including ST!!! Grrr he just caused for stuff to blow up between KT and ST!!!
  • It was interesting to see how ST had remembered the whole lake incident differently than KT. To ST, he remembered it as KT pushing him into the lake while KT remembered it as ST falling in on his own because he stomping on the already fragile ice. 
    • Also ST said that no one helped him and how KT just ran away and left him there. However, this wasn't the case. KT did help him, but it was ST who was the one who that ran away after being rescued by KT. 
    • Sometimes people can recall events as happening differently especially when they experience trauma from it. For ST, the notion that he was the one that left KT out there became so traumatic for him that he convinced himself that it was KT that did so and not him.
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, daloula said:

KT's position is not easy though. He is stuck between his wants and his responsibilities and we can see his guilt too. Imagine growing up with the guilt of wanting your brother dead. The script is just showing that and will keep showing it. Even if he falls in love with MY and decides to have a break for a day, he can't just change all his priorities at once. ST and MY aren't easy either. Both require a lot of love and attention and KT is just one person and he can't give his all to each one of them. They still need to find their balance if they ever find it and it won't be an easy feat.

Yep i agree but i feel bad for MY because she has a burden in her heart and need KT's love to overcome it. ST right now is not helping at all. I know he has a syndrome but at this moment he is manipulative to get what he wants! Thanks to KT's personality MY is progressing in her relationship attitudes. She recognizes her feelings now and she loves him! MY needs KT in her life, ST will always have his brother in his life. But i think writernim is missing something in this plot. I don't know what exactly is missing but hope tomorrow's episode will bring more light!:whytho:

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, floweroad said:

It was also a nice touch that it connected back to their youth as well.

loved the connection back to when they were kids, thank you for reminding me of it! :wub:

It was a sweet moment - seemed like MKT was looking at KMY but was seeing the child KMY, his "first love", as you mention. Taken from that point of view, I completely agree that the peck is suiting - if the goal was to show the "young" MKT & KMY being sweet and innocent and living their dreams now, some years later. With the flowers, the awkward smiles, and... the logical, the peck. Just them being two children, running away from others, and living the emotion they have never experienced before. I agree, from this point of view, it fits perfectly.

Just the transition from their "naughty wrestling" the night before, KMY's highly sexual comments in general (from "I'll eat you" to an awkward smile after a peck), the drunkenness, and then... touching each other's lips and poof, gone. I just believe that two fully grown up adults won't "kiss" like that. But when I come to think of it again... Maybe I am too vulgar for sweet and innocent love, who knows. :D 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TiNaDo said:

loved the connection back to when they were kids, thank you for reminding me of it! :wub:

It was a sweet moment - seemed like MKT was looking at KMY but was seeing the child KMY, his "first love", as you mention. Taken from that point of view, I completely agree that the peck is suiting - if the goal was to show the "young" MKT & KMY being sweet and innocent and living their dreams now, some years later. With the flowers, the awkward smiles, and... the logical, the peck. Just them being two children, running away from others, and living the emotion they have never experienced before. I agree, from this point of view, it fits perfectly.

Just the transition from their "naughty wrestling" the night before, KMY's highly sexual comments in general (from "I'll eat you" to an awkward smile after a peck), the drunkenness, and then... touching each other's lips and poof, gone. I just believe that two fully grown adults won't "kiss" like that. But when I come to think of it again... Maybe I am too vulgar for sweet and innocent love, who knows. :D 

ahaha dont worry we shall wait a few more eps! :D im hoping we get more passionate moments between the leads soon too ;)  i think they'll first have to deal with all their baggage and internal turmoil beforehand tho so fingers crossed for that! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I really don't know how to think about this episode to be honest. I just feel robbed. Robbed of a proper kiss. Robbed of seeing their relationship progress now that he's most likely gonna focus on his brother.

To be fair the relationship dynamic between the three of them was something the show would have to tackle eventually. I get it... but I still feel robbed :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, floweroad said:

ahaha dont worry we shall wait a few more eps! :D im hoping we get more passionate moments between the leads soon too ;)  i think they'll first have to deal with all their baggage and internal turmoil beforehand tho so fingers crossed for that! 

I honestly don't see how this would happen - the emotional baggage is enormous for all of them. I am starting to get a bit scared that we won't see a happy ending to the drama. Fingers crossed I am wrong. (I was wrong for the kiss not being on Saturday, so... :D )

• Like 5

i've come to appreciate how in this drama not everything is as it first seems and that there are always different angles and nuances to what a character experiences. And we haven't seen the balcony near kiss scene yet from the deers' point of view, but come ON...

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

45 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

The kiss was out of place, a bit exaggerated, and was gone as quick as it happened. Absolutely in no connection to anything else in the drama so far.

@TiNaDo Going to have to disagree with you on that. To me, I dont think the kiss was out of place nor exaggerated. If it was exaggerated, the kiss would have turned into a whole make out session instead of a subtle, but sweet peck.

If you think about it, KT had never dated nor kiss a girl in his life because he was always too busy taking care of ST. Plus for all we know, MY probably hasn't ever dated or kiss anyone before either since her personality seems very rigid and she's seems to always be wearing a protective armor both around herself and her heart as to never let anyone in.

Both KT and MY are still very much childish when it comes to matters of the heart despite being in fully grown adult bodies. Its like how fully grown adults can still act childish about whatever. For example, fully grown adults going crazy and getting into fights with each other over popular sale items lol. Anyways that scene is just a continuation of what was suppose to happen when they were children. Therefore, it didn't seem that out of place for me. 

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3