[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I'm loving the show's development, and I also thought hey, happiness seems to come a bit too quick for the OTP, and then little did I know the writer planned a surprise at the end. I like the it for the storyline development and I'm thoroughly amazed at the explosion of emotions, but went to bed and woke up with a heavy heart...

When I watch this episode of Kang Tae with Jae Soo and Moon Young, and they discussed about Sang Tae, I had thought about how I wish one of them could talk some sense into Sang Tae, to help him understand Kang Tae's loneliness and hardship. But because Sang Tae is autistic and behave differently, it's hard to know how much can be communicated through. I just feel, especially Jae Soo, needed to let Sang Tae know even if it is baby step. Otherwise Kang Tae will break down one day, physically, and become sick (not that I don't welcome this scene because it'll be a good watch).

Re: Moon Young's father and mother

So this episode her father said he killed the mother. He also said the woman (to me, that means the mother) was a monster and she killed someone. That had me wonder, it's horrible but it'd be a twist, that it was Moon Young's mother who killed Kang Tae's mother. Could it be because she was so obsessed with Moon Young at the time that she wanted Kang Tae to stay away from Moon Young and the mothers got into an argument? Was Moon Young's mother wearing an all butterflies clothes and threatened Sang Tae never to tell hence traumatising him along the way? Moon Young's mother is portrayed to be scary to Moon Young and I can imagine Sang Tae fearing her too.

I'm trying to find the scene where lil' Moon Young saw her mum on the ground in blood to see what she was wearing but I can't remember which episode was that.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I'm revisiting the scene to see the fact .... A moment can change everything. MY was the only witness of the incidence.  Will MY be able to be the mediator ?  Was ST feel betrayed by what he heard about KT and his new good friend MY? Will KT be able to forgive himself for that moment of thought of leaving his brother? Was ST trying to hurt his brother's reputation as a way to separate KT and MY, so that he will get his brother to be with him.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

I wholeheartedly agree. First Kisses are awkward at best. Dunno about MY , for KT even if He is an adult it might not seem apt as this is His Very First Time in any kind of Love or Sexual Attraction.

@madmad min Amen to that ! Haha first kisses are always so awkward hahah!! Takes me back to my first kiss as a teen where I knocked over a set of cds haha!! Oh god....... I bet its going to be super awk when those two sleep with each other :joy:!! You got a ferocious beast and a meek kitty LOL :teaze:!

6 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

But you all make a valid point which makes me think that this was their childhood, not their adulthood. But its innocence stops here. MST took them back to reality with his comments. Because, even if children are all innocent and sweet and everything, almost everyone has their childhood traumas as well. And MST reminded all three of them actually about their shared trauma. 

And now the adulthood kicks in. So we'll see how the drama goes on from that point. 

@TiNaDo Yea the scene with ST was heartbreaking as well as a reality check for all three of them :bawling:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

3eTCld0.png

Today's Episode (10) will be 1 Hour and 35 Minutes long, while next week's Episode (11) will be 1 Hour and 42 minutes long. Can't wait!

Source: Netflix

Update: False alarm, Episode 10 was only 1Hour and 20 Minutes long. Damn, Netflix! I want more.

Edited by MrEildriz
  • Like 13
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 4

CEO Lee looks very young in the new photo with Ju Ri. I think he can def help her grow into a better person. 

Re the kiss, I also think it was perfectly suitable for KT and MY and def fits their story and the drama for the same reasons that many friends here have already pointed out re their first relationship that came from childhood. 

Re ST - I may be wrong but I remember that ST has a very good memory and in the last scene re spilling the secret - I don’t think it was a case of selective memories a la KT. I think he is intentionally hurting KT to punish him for lying again mixed in with the fear that KT is gonna abandon him and especially to run off with his new BF. I would be happy to be wrong about this though. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

My angst for making this vid is happened one by one.. The three are surviving from some point when they were child. Especially KT in that drowning ice accident & how it affects ST we can see now it becomes big explosion. This drama core is about monsters they are haunted to & survival to seek resolution

Somehow KT feels himself being a monster that day & guilt, try to atone that by loving his brother at all cost. They are all hurting

PSX-20200719-090340.jpg

https://youtu.be/Tqx0giqhhhk

• Like 15

I take a look at the preview for episode 10 and it shows ST found a note inside MY’s mom book (seems to be a flashback) Maybe that’s one of the triggers of his explosions and the note seems  to be planted by Patient Park since she’s reading it all the time.....

Regarding The Tale of Shepherd Girl, it’s seems to be a twist from The Tale of Shepherd Boy aka The Boy Who Cries Wolf....

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Hello 

this is my first time in this chat. This drama had made me think a lot.  I rewatch episodes..

i am wondering a lot about this possibilities 

1.suspicious  woman with flower clothes, i think many of us might have thought she could be Mun-yeong’s mother. I feel like Gang tae mother is killed by Mun-yeong mother because she is very possessive about her daughter.  She had told her daughter many times to stay away from Gang tae. Since she figured her daughter wont be able to stay way from Gang tae. Maybe she was planning to kill Gang tar but his mother somehow found about this plan. We can see Sang tar witnessing mother being killed in forest. Maybe somehow Mun-yeong was in lost her memory but as her memory returned she came ti take revenge. 

2. I think Gang tae has some mental issue. He might have dementia. It is shown that he doesnt recall so many memories from past like he liked jampong instead of his elder brother.  I feel like the reason sometimes sang tae is repeating this is to make his younger brother Gang tae remember. 
3. Mun-yeong is shown as cold hearted person.  I think she is the one who understand a human mind most which can be seen in her work.  She knows what people are going through. All stories she tells have helped patient get better.  Beauty and beast being a stockholm disorder may have been i reference to the patient who was beaten by her ex husband. 

4. i feel like later we will seeMun-yeong and Sang -tae taking care of Gang tae.  We see two personalities who are seen as “not okay” helping other.  So it is indeed okay to be not oaky as long as your heart is at right place

let me know if you agree or disagree. 

• Like 9

@libra22 I totally shipped them from the get go! I know CEO is quirky but to work with MY 10 yrs is no easy feat and she is prickly too. I don’t like facial hair usually but he looks pretty handsome with it. I miss it! :happyshakes:

Just finished the episode , oh the feels.

Great points noted and def like seeing differing views. Allows me to see the characters from various lenses.

So here what I liked.

-That gorgeous looking pizza that JS made for KT- I wanted it so bad!!!! :eatscookie:Gosh cannot watch while hungry! JS doing his fave who you like more ? But the answer he gave KT asking for a favor- I always on your side and say yes. His loyalty is lovely. 
(a Will we ever find out there story of coming together ? Hi am curious as JS is a rare person, is one reason cause he likes KT?) :hwaiting2: He goes above and beyond the typical pal.

-MY ditching KT after getting excited to go away and upset he had no passport. She thought she was played by him and dang she showed her anger. But KT took in stride. 

- ST telling JS he didn’t want to hang with him. He was right who any employee wants to chill with their boss? JS pitifully saying I closed to hang out & picked you up in this heat.

- The balcony scene where the deer blocked KT and MY. Omg I am on the bandwagon with everyone else frustrated by the deer too- what are you thinking deer???!!!!! When she realized he was going to kiss her she was cute and innocent . Not her aggressive lusty self which is not her usually .

- I liked the Director calling KT to say I saw that you would be together . I am glad KT asked about MY outrageous dressing style as self protection. Awww he cares a lot to ask. He wanted to share her dads words and he truly feels MY benefits being with KT. Yes they can all heal .

-JR mom low key cute picking on Director having crush on her. Lol loved it! Now seeing them bicker was adorbs! But ST disliking farts as part of mealtime chats lol. 

- Can I tell you that was impressed by SJ chatting with JR and tried to help CEO too! Hehehe. Love he overhead and commented she is finally worth her salary. Glad that JR sees why KT and MY are similar. And MY recounting her friendship to KT. As someone pointed out too, both cannot share . They want to be sole person in the universe.  But both are lonely too. Like KT saying his mom dream for him to have a friend who truly understands him. MY knows that’s not enough. ST looking so happy at MY declaring being BFF with MY. But still she doesn’t want to share KT and has to keep them separate and he needs to learn to adjust to their intertwined lives 

Patience , the person with more is more in love. Cute showing the runaway couple are calmer than the OTP. Smiley drunk GT and MY messing with him. I am glad he held back as both are newbies in love. MY is all talk and bluster and likes to shock. But when KT does the same it is her turn to be flustered and caught off guard. I loved how drunk KT kept far away saying I warned you I am not patient any more. Aww.

The flower and kiss so sweet. For me not surprising he is going to act on his feelings his way. So redo on the flowers adding a kiss and asking for his flowers not to be stomped on this time. Too adorbs! I thought befitting first kiss for two newbies.

CEO chat with JR was amazing! Omg loved him more than ever! He is quirky but I loved his fessing up sticking with MY. My heart! Saying she is lonely  and helped him was so kind and shows he is not 100% with MY for money. His comments to KT being boss, family etc to her is true! His oppa to her is neighborhood and reliable oppa not I see you as a dating oppa figure. He looked so cool! He is a sensitive soul indeed.

Already mentioned but the no good for nothing gossiping colleague who screws up everything omg! Ugggggggghhhhhhhh!Shush! PSA - gossiping is bad!!!!

The couple from the hospital , yes if you love you let them go. Proud of him to fight his alcoholism and then go to Areum took bravery and patience plus tons of love & consideration. :hooray:

Mom already likes CEO for JR . JR rejecting his ssam but later low key enjoying the attention after his repeated attempts and little whining to feed her. Glad JR saw another side of him and MY to have her recall their relationship. 

The ending - so much I read already . I teared up. ST you are hyung but your dongseng is NOT your property. Plus your memories are not correct. Poor KT .:cries:

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

Could it be that MY had 2 mothers? Her birth mother who died and step mother who might still be around. The one whom MY and her father fear. Aren't stepmothers always portrayed to be the main villain in some fairytales? Anyway that head nurse is reaallly suspicious. I just thought about it when I saw the dolls in MY's old room which is now the brothers' room. There are 4 dolls-1 boy, 2 girls and 1 little girl.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

My favourite scene of the whole ep is KT's face when MY starts singing on the bridge. It is the FUNNIEST 'W-T-H!' face ever! 

Excuse me while I watch that on repeat while I pick my devastated heart off the floor after that ending :crybaby:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5