[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

39 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Hahaha. Take your time buddy. Enjoy your food while slowly process the plot. We're going to have fun here. Share your thoughts. I also still learn about her parents. It's interesting that this drama gives more food to the brain. It works actively. :lol:

lol, of course. I will definitely share my thoughts because this drama is just too good to not share :D i agree! this drama gives food to the brain and I will be giving this to our hearts when it breaks and rejoices:

BwdF.gif

:joy:

——

I think the title of this drama is aimed at showing us characters who we think are doing okay because they say they are, but are actually not doing okay at all. They don’t want to admit their troubles and mentality battles, so they lie to themselves that they are okay so they can feel a little better. But it’s okay to not be okay..too. 

And I agree: that last scene of episode 6 still makes me cry too whenever I watch it. It just breaks my heart to see the nightmares of MY and how KT comforts her by simply understanding the situation. 

I don’t know how I feel about JR completely just yet. The way she smiles is almost so soft to me that it makes me think back to MY saying she is a two-faced. I wonder if this is how she really is and we have yet to see it truly. I am also curious to know what happened between her and MY. They aren’t on good terms for sure. JR may have seen the scary and ‘heartless’ side of MY and couldn’t accept it either. Yet, it almost seems like she harbors an internal grudge against MY. And I want to know why. 

Those comments about the episodes are right on point!!

:biubiu:

Edit:

hahaha @sussieh I know right! I have theories and then when the next episode comes, I have new notes already haha! But that is the fun of watching an ongoing drama. We all cannot watch the drama like this:

200.gif

Because this is us:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5405169

at KT and MY 

and:

200.gif

with every other details..

LOL!!

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

haha this drama is great for theories because I honestly cannot figure out MY’s parents yet..

Hahaha indeed.

I am having headaches changing from theories in my own mind hahaha

for example I am convincing myself that MYs mom is dead, then I have again my weird thought that maybe she is not and that MY’s shock and fear made her see more than what was real.  

And I don’t know what to think anymore about who was the “original” bad one... mom or dad or both? 

But at the end, MY is a victim of both of her parents dementia. 

I am getting dizzy with so many theories in my mind LOL

:crazily:

Ahhh... btw, I cannot get over of that embrace!!! So powerful. :please:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

53 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i agree! this drama gives food to the brain and I will be giving this to our hearts when it breaks and rejoices:

:Megalol: remember what happens when the brain works very activley. We talk a lot on everything until we meet Saturday again. It's part of our defense mechanism to fight the waiting torture! 

Get some milkshake for drinks. Hahaha

I think the title of this drama is aimed at showing us characters who we think are doing okay because they say they are, but are actually not doing okay at all. They don’t want to admit their troubles and mentality battles, so they lie to themselves that they are okay so they can feel a little better. But it’s okay to not be okay..too. 

Nicely said. I couldn't agree more. So like how KT keeps forcing to smile while his inside is so miserable. Only in front of MY he could let a loose a bit. And so as MY in front of him, somehow the way I observe her, she slowly calms herself well when he's with her. Like she said. Her safety pin, the one who knows her and makes her feel comfortable. 

I don’t know how I feel about JR completely just yet. The way she smiles is almost so soft to me that it makes me think back to MY saying she is a two-faced. I wonder if this is how she really is and we have yet to see it truly. I am also curious to know what happened between her and MY. They aren’t on good terms for sure. JR may have seen the scary and ‘heartless’ side of MY and couldn’t accept it either. Yet, it almost seems like she harbors an internal grudge against MY. And I want to know why

So far JR is annoying but she didn't make me hate her. I feel quite understand her a bit. She's been around with good people so I believe her reactions over MY is coming more from her jelousy. I like the head nurse puts some good moral lesson into her head. And how her mom treats her so nicely. She just need to let it go and get over her feelings. Then she'll be better. But well who can't control what your heart feels. The heart knows what it wants and it must be hard to stop liking a person all at once. I think the glimpse backstory of them in the past and the fights from last episodes hinted us something here. There's a misunderstanding among them and like KT, JR might haven't resolved the matter back then so it's why their current condition is getting worse. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

:Megalol: remember what happems when the brain works very activley. We talk a lot on everything until we meet Saturday again. It's part of our defense mechanism to fight the waiting torture! 

Get some milkshake for drinks. Hahaha

haha I remember! Makes Saturday comes even faster!! :D milkshakes? You got it! I will even add chocolate sundaes. Who doesn’t love ice cream on days when the brain works too hard?? Hahaha..

Nicely said. I couldn't agree more. So like how KT keep forcing to smile while his insed is so miserable. Only in front of MY he could let a loose a bit. And so as MY in front of her, somehow the way I observe her, she slowly control herself well when he's with her. Like she said. Her safety pin, the one who knows her and makes her feel comfortable. 

Exactly. This is also why I feel so sad for KT too. He is shouldering all his emotions to himself. And what made me more upset was when JS reminds KT about his “truth” over the drinks. I know he is being a good friend but the pain and realization on KT’s face was so painful to watch. When KT explains that he has become forgetful, I feel that JS understood it but didn’t know what to say next. So he could only put the blame on MY. When I heard KT tell JS he has become forgetful, I felt happy for him. It was something he hasn’t done in a very long time. The way I see it..MY is his safety pin too. For someone who has shoulder so much inside, there will be a day when he snaps and breaks down completely. 

So far JR is annoying but she didn't make me hate her. I feel quite understand her a bit. She's been around with good people so I believe her reactions over MY is coming more from her jelousy. I like the head nurse puts some good moral lesson into her head. And how her come treats her so nicely. She just need to let it go and get over her feelings. Then she'll be better. But well who can't control what your heart feels. The hearts knows what it wants and it must be hard to stop liking a person all at once. I think tje glimpse backstory of them in tje past and the fights from last episodes hinted us something here. There's a misunderstanding among them and like KT, JR might haven't resolved the matter back then so it's why their current condition is getting worse. 

oh yes..JR is annoying to me too but yet I don’t hate her also. It is clear that she doesn’t like the idea of MY liking KT and KT growing closer to MY. But I have the impression that she probably doesn’t know that MY and KT have met before as children. When MY mentions that KT was hers to begin with, JR took it more as a shock and disbelief than a realization. So my guess is that MY and JR may have met after KT and ST left town but not before KT and JR knew each other. JR and KT knew each other during the time KT knew MY. But it’s possible that KT didn’t mention MY to JR and she only came to ask to be her friend after KT left completely  (who could have been her friend too back then). If I remember correctly, KT and JR did know each other as kids, too, right? JR is also someone who pent her emotions inside but she is not able to do it as well as KT though. We can easily tell her mood from her actions but we can mostly tell KT’s mood from his expressions only. I am afraid she will not be able to control it one day and get into a more serious fight with MY one of these episodes. JR is not okay, too. 

——

Aww man..it’s already sleeping time for me. Getting late. 

Goodnight everyone! 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

The way I see it..MY is his safety pin too. For someone who has shoulder so much inside, there will be a day when he snaps and breaks down completely. 

Then they complete each other. It's like a matching pin for both souls. He got some comfort a lot from her before. It's the reason he finally open up to her. 

17 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

oh yes..JR is annoying to me too but yet I don’t hate her also. It is clear that she doesn’t like the idea of MY liking KT and KT growing closer to MY. But I have the impression that she probably doesn’t know that MY and KT have met before as children. When MY mentions that KT was hers to begin with, JR took it more as a shock and disbelief than a realization. So my guess is that MY and JR may have met after KT and ST left town but not before KT and JR knew each other. JR and KT knew each other during the time KT knew MY. But it’s possible that KT didn’t mention MY to JR and she only came to ask to be her friend after KT left completely  (who could have been her friend too back then). If I remember correctly, KT and JR did know each other as kids, too, right? JR is also someone who pent her emotions inside but she is not able to do it as well as KT though. We can easily tell her mood from her actions but we can mostly tell KT’s mood from his expressions only. I am afraid she will not be able to control it one day and get into a more serious fight with MY one of these episodes. JR is not okay, too. 

They all lived in the same hometown. But JR grows as someone who has less friends too. She asked MY to be her friend and invited her over to her house. So this is just my random guess what if JR likes KT since then and thought that MY took him from her. LOL. Okay. This is so random. But girl, what exactly make their relationship be that terribly awful, it is mostly charge of a jelousy. And triangle love could be the trigger point here. Hahaha

Sleep well. We'll resume when you're awake. :ok:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters haha yes this is the next perfect drama for us to use another board on theories, except this time with fairy tales and allusions. We will even need your x-ray vision too ;) :D

:eating:

@vangsweetie637 So sorry for the late response, was super busy posting on another thread lol. 

OMG yas it is !!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Oh you mean my xray vision on KT?! :naughty: 

2 hours ago, red1911 said:

I definitely think the first point is very plausible! I think MY may help the lady heal in some way and that it will be an important part of MY's character development. However, I think her taking on the role of MY's 'mum' and moving in might be a bit of a stretch. She doesn't seem like a significant enough character to hold that position, especially to the extent of being invited to live with KT, ST and MY. That's 3 or 4 people with challenges living together. It also feels like it'd be using a bandaid to patch up a problem. The lady doesn't need MY to replace her daughter, she needs to ACCEPT the passing of her daughter. Just doesn't feel right that MY would take on that role and vice versa.  MY and the lady don't nee a mum/daughter replacement. if things were to happen like point 2 and 3, it isn't really addressing the root problem. But i agree they can definitely help each other on a smaller scale! 

@red1911 What I meant was that the lady could be a motherly figure in MY's life. Yea I did mention that the lady needs to accept the passing of her daughter by saying "come to terms with her daughter's death". Im not saying like a complete replacement because neither of them can replace whoever in each other's' life, but that both can act as a positive figures or reinforcements that allows the other to heal. But yea like I said earlier these are just possible theories that probably won't happen lol. Hopefully as the show continues, we will gain better insight of everything which can help us to formulate better theories or narrow down others!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So I've been a silent lurker on this thread since the show came out a few weeks ago... the show is just so good with so many hidden meanings behind each detail I just had to participate in this forum!

(1) Character development: at the beginning of Episode 6 in the stairs scene - as Kang Tae is about to leave, Moon Young grabs his shirt and tells him not to leave. Kang Tae sternly removes her grasp and tells her "Let me go." Contrast that with the end of the episode - same hand grasp, completely different reaction from Kang Tae (so beautiful to watch!). During Episode 6, Kang Tae also reveals to Moon Young that he wants to travel, without any plan - yet another indication that he would LOVE to live vicariously (but hasn't been able to, in large part because of his perceived -and actual- responsibilities towards taking care of his brother). The fact that he reveals so much of his inner thinking to Moon Young further shows the rapid character development unfolding in Ep 5 / 6

(2) Details: can we talk about the smallest details here for a second, and how meticulously crafted they are? Example #1 - Jae Su in Ep 5 wearing a YOLO ("You Only Live Once") t-shirt. This "free spirit" way of thinking / living is a complete 180 to how Kang Tae currently lives his life everyday - perhaps foreshadowing how Moon Young will slowly help Kang Tae live in the moment, versus living solely to care for and serve his brother? Example #2 - Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss" painting in the lobby of the Bates Motel. Enough said here.

Fast forward to the end of IOTNBO: can totally see the ending wrapping up with

- Sang Tae's illustrations helping Moon Young "revamp" her image / catapult her back to success; as a result, Sang Tae is able to stand on his own two feet (versus relying on Kang Tae), and heal in the process

- Kang Tae as the Head of Ok Therapeutic Center 

- Could her next book be on butterflies (or at least have illustrations / themes involving butterflies)? Would be the ultimate way for Sang Tae to overcome many of his underlying fears too

Edited by yourinnerstar
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 5

30 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

"Your lies carry a sense of sincerity. It makes me want to believe them.." 

(It's Okay to Not be Okay~ Ko Mun Yeong Ep 5 )

I love this girl. How could she able to see when people lying or not. Not only able to see the lies, she is also able to feel the sincerity in that lies. It is like seeing a very tiny virus by using a Microscope. It needs special ability to see something that can not see only by using our bare eyes. Sincerity is not an object, it's a feeling. Who can see people's feelings btw, people can only able to feel it with their senses. and people who can sense other people's sincerity is not an empty can. She might looks like an empty can but it is just her way to prevent people to be close to her. Perhaps because if they get closer to her something bad will happen to them. This is too ironic. She is able to senses and feels what is not easy to other people, usually, (who think that they are more normal than her)  to sense and feel. 

It's the people who have prejudices which blind their judgement. People read her from the outer. Isn't this like in our real life. Someone ever got misread and people tend to think the easy way and blame other to feel better. And I love how MY never feel discourage and sees things from the reality perspective. She doesn't let people to play tricks on her. And she treats people sincerely. 

• Like 6

@blademan I enjoy that scene too lol.

It’s been great to read everyone’s thoughts and see the appreciation for this fantastic show. 

I still can’t find the OST on my iTunes so I hope they will release it soon. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, yourinnerstar said:

(2) Details: can we talk about the smallest details here for a second, and how meticulously crafted they are? Example #1 - Jae Su in Ep 5 wearing a YOLO ("You Only Live Once") t-shirt. This "free spirit" way of thinking / living is a complete 180 to how Kang Tae currently lives his life everyday - perhaps foreshadowing how Moon Young will slowly help Kang Tae live in the moment, versus living solely to care for and serve his brother? Example #2 - Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss" painting in the lobby of the Bates Motel. Enough said here.

Fast forward to the end of IOTNBO: can totally see the ending wrapping up with

- Sang Tae's illustrations helping Moon Young "revamp" her image / catapult her back to success; as a result, Sang Tae is able to stand on his own two feet (versus relying on Kang Tae), and heal in the process

- Kang Tae as the Head of Ok Therapeutic Center 

- Could her next book be on butterflies (or at least have illustrations / themes involving butterflies)? Would be the ultimate way for Sang Tae to overcome many of his underlying fears too

Welcome! I love that you pointed out the details, I hope that the kiss painting is a foreshadow and we get our classic kdrama kiss on episode 8. That also seems like a reasonable realistic ending, as long as nobody in the main trio dies in the end, I'll be happy :wub: I keep getting the feeling that the ending will be tragic or bittersweet but maybe I'm just being pessimistic. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, blademan said:

If looks could kill.

The change in his eyes. DANG. I felt that.

I actually rewatched this scene so many times just to see SJ's (the assistant) reaction - her snort laugh HAHA the moment he said he's "her man" :lol: 

But in all seriousness this is the first time we get a glimpse of jealous and protective KT. Even in the beginning when he called the director out - that the only reason he is sticking around MY is for money, nothing else. But he drew the line when he said "her man" - anyone could see the shift in KT's eyes and it was extremely satisfying! (THANK YOU behind-the-scenes-people-in-charge-of-this-brilliant-execution-especially-KSH)

I love the moment he claims that he knows everything about MY and KT basically cuts him off with "her money". Then when he continues to claim that he is everything for MY from a friend, family and a man. I feel so happy that this cute art director bursted into big laughter. He's really hilarious here with that great confidences. 

Everyone he'd been asked whether he likes MY or still he likes her. He brushed it all off and change to other topics. But this time when she was ordered to leave her he answered so firmly and manly that he refused to leave. That put the ceo into a total defeat. Hahahaha

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Whether or not the mother is dead, I think the show has made it clear: Parents have a long-lasting influence on their kids, and parenthood is not something that should be taken lightly.

And this is so interesting, because it kind of makes sense that Moon-young is writing stories for children, which are read to them by their parents. Her story are for kids, but it is the adults who should be learning the most from her stories. With that said, as much as I love all the interjection of tropes and literary pieces, I am looking forward to another original fairy tale written by Ko Moon-young :)

Also... this may be irrelevant to the topic of discussion, but why do we have a thread for MoonMoon Couple and IOTNBO? I love going through each thread, but I also get confused because the topics of discussion are similar. JF:LSJF:KLDSJK:LSDJG:LSD

• Like 14
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Welcome! I love that you pointed out the details, I hope that the kiss painting is a foreshadow and we get our classic kdrama kiss on episode 8. That also seems like a reasonable realistic ending, as long as nobody in the main trio dies in the end, I'll be happy :wub: I keep getting the feeling that the ending will be tragic or bittersweet but maybe I'm just being pessimistic. 

i think we'll get a happy ending because this is a healing drama. also, the writer probably wouldn't take that lane as all this time they've been focusing on conveying the fact that people with disabilities and mental disorders are also "normal" human being like us and it's our prejudice against them that allows us to categorize them as "special". but i really do hope we get a happy and satisfying ending!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, midflight said:

Whether or not the mother is dead, I think the show has made it clear: Parents have a long-lasting influence on their kids, and parenthood is not something that should be taken lightly.

And this is so interesting, because it kind of makes sense that Moon-young is writing stories for children, which are read to them by their parents. Her story are for kids, but it is the adults who should be learning the most from her stories. With that said, as much as I love all the interjection of tropes and literary pieces, I am looking forward to another original fairy tale written by Ko Moon-young :)

Also... this may be irrelevant to the topic of discussion, but why do we have a thread for MoonMoon Couple and IOTNBO? I love going through each thread, but I also get confused because the topics of discussion are similar. JF:LSJF:KLDSJK:LSDJG:LSD

I agree. Adults definitely can learn a lot more from these books of MY and ironically enough, it is the adults who think the drawings are too grim while the children love it. I actually love the drawings because it gives me a Tim Burton vibe. I also think the mother is either dead or comatose somewhere. However, at this point, she seems to be more dead because the one MY sees in the castle is her constant nightmare and innermost fear manifested.

Ah, there is two threads because one is for shipping the couple and one is for the drama itself. The shipping thread, we can express more of our shipping desires and wants while the IOTNBO thread is used more to discuss the drama itself. As you said, both thread can have similar topics of discussion. At times, both threads can intercept each other. But one is more for the shippers because sometimes, shipping can become more heavy in the drama thread which then causes discussion to focus more on the couple than the drama itself (this in turn can cause some viewers to be thrown off by discussions that are meant to be about the drama) Hence, in order to avoid this, we have a shippers thread and a drama thread. We can drool more about KT and MY at the shippers thread whereas we can drool a bit here but must remember that the drama and its related concepts are the center core of discussion ;)

@SweetButters haha np. I know which thread you were on because I just came from there but didn’t post yet :D my sis came home from work at 1 am which I was already sleeping, and now I am half awake haha.

@Alice Wonderland haha don’t be surprised to see my post lol. I was already sleeping but my sis woke me up when she came home from work lol. And my fingers said “go check soompi” hahaha! I am heading back to bed since it’s now 2am so as you said, we shall resume later ;) 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1