[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

4 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

When Mun Yeong engaged Sang Tae to be her illustrator, it seems like she did not do it out of pure selfish reasons. When Gang Tae read the contract, it stated that she will acknowledge Sang Tae as the best illustrator in the world. To me, I believe that she (similar to the hospital director) sees Sang Tae’s talent for art as his strong suit and is using this positive trait as therapy and to also help pave a path for him to have a sense of his own life. It is not just Gang Tae that needs to find a life outside of Sang Tae

I strongly agree with you. I think so too, that MY is trying to encourage ST to develop his skills. She is helping him leave and move outside of the protective bubble his brother created for him. 

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, sussieh said:

I strongly agree with you. I think so too, that MY is trying to encourage ST to develop his skills. She is helping him leave and move outside of the protective bubble his brother created for him. 

True! Both KMY & the clinic's director are actually doing the same thing. But differently. He touches the ST's painful points (the butterflies), she emphasises on what he loves the most (who, actually - his brother). By the way, ST asked and repeated several times about the money he would receive for his wall drawing. He said it to KMY but did not dig any further - instead, he loved the idea of having a home.

In a sense, KMY is not only ST's idol but he feels like she is also part of his family. ST would become the healer for all three of them, I guess - the connecting bond that makes them overcome their fears and difficulties. KMT asked KMY to respect ST but she did it even before that, in her own way; she did it also when he was hitting KMT. And ST trusts her blindly because he feels he can trust her. This is what was so conflicting in KMT's mind and heart - should he trust her as well?

Also, KMT & ST moved their place of living once again. And this would be their last move because this time, this castle would be their home. So, I think that the contract's addition of the van and KMY's question about travelling is actually a hint that this van won't be needed for anything else but for travel. To travel anywhere, like KMT himself said. Because they have already found their home:) 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 9

Just one more incredible episode in a drama filled with them!

I love how the episode grabs you hard at the start, with KT & MYs exchange on the balcony, all the way down to MY's stumble on the stairway .... she questioned whether he still had feelings for her, but in the ensuing running argument down the steps, did she realize he never answered the question?  The obvious answer came at the end of the episode .... 

MY waking from the nightmare - this scene was palpable - the set visuals, the OST, and foremost, the absolutely incredible acting -  MY's screaming as she comes out of the nightmare is positively heart-wrenching, KT realizing this is the hurt/troubled REAL MY, not the polished arrogant facade he is used to seeing, responds to what she's expressing beyond her words, and stays with her. - Again, just an incredible scene all around. ..... Here is hoping the next episode begins with them still in bed - MY wakes up first to find KT still there holding her ....

I'm also loving the secondary characters - two in particular are pure scene stealers - The hospital head nurse, who always seems one step ahead of the hospital director - and Seung-Jae the assistant to the publisher - both keep the fun here easy, and light hearted

This drama is just so good ...

• Like 16
  • Love 2

The rating for ep 6 is 5.65%

Fun fact... this is the first time the rating for sunday is higher than saturday for this drama

And yeah they top cable tv in their timeslot. 

Hopefully the trend from here on is going upward. Hopefully if its going well we can reach 8% or maybe 10% but right now stabilize in 5-6% is good enough. 

The drama may not be on everyone taste but we knew this was a masterpiece drama that well written so far

The reception has been real good so far i think it will help to bring more viewers later in the drama run.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sussieh said:

I ditto think that JR and MY could become friends in a future. They have issues atm but it seems that their friendship was « interrupted » by MYs mom influence in MYs actions, when they were little girls. 

About the unrevealed person who’s in the hospital (the silhouette who’s looking at MY from afar and the « ghost »),  I think she could be MYs mom who’s not really dead but she was locked up in the hospital bc of suicide attempt and dementia.

Also, I don’t think that MYs mom (or her dad) was the one killing KT’s mom. I believe that they are all victims of dementia and depression. MY’s parent could have had marriage issues after MYs fall into deep depression. MYs mom was possessively protective over MY, she doesn’t want anyone near her (not even her dad), then MYs dad started to blame her daughter and saw her as a threat.

About KTs family... they haven’t show much. But yeah, maybe his mom was deeply depressed and at the end she committed suicide. She was shown drinking a lot. His brother strong fear to butterflies could be because he witnessed his mom suicide and he heard her saying something about becoming free and transforming to a butterfly.

Well we know that KT's mother got murdered..so there is a murderer.. and ST saw the murderer or someone the same night..

and mom highly likely is dead.. because they showed mom's lips today.. and that actress hasn't appeared as yet.. UNLESS like the lady said to MY "Do you not recognize mom because of multiple plastic surgeries?" and she seems obsessed with beauty :)

Plus doctor would know if mom was in the hospital and so was dad

Lastly, when mom stangled dad, we saw cold mist spreading over the window.. it is summer.. no reason for cold mist.. and this is definitely not a fantasy horror.. so, dad got his mom dream too i guess.. and the lady moving at night could be any patient

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Their hugs are something special compared to the hugs 

in other dramas.:wub:

EcKprBbWsAEn92S?format=jpg&name=360x360

The parallel is interesting.. she is like a child hugged by mom..

this one started with zombie kid.. and here we are..

when he pulled her into the hug.. so so amazing :P

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

I haven’t had a chance to fully backtrack everyone’s thoughts but we all do have interesting theories here :D 

This story is amazing in how it tangles up the happily ever ending fairy tales with the darker tales. We all know that behind the fairy tales we have read, there are darker ones. The Little Mermaid didn’t end with them marrying. She actually turned into sea bubbles. Little Red Riding Hood didn’t survive. She was eaten by the wolf. Cinderella’s feet didn’t fit into the glass slipper without a price to pay. Those who wanted to be Queen cut the heel of their feet to fit the slipper. All these are only some versions of the dark fairy tales we weren’t given with the thought it was too grim for children. 

As @SweetButters and a few have mentioned, the story of Bluebeard is as written. Many versions but same concept: Husband kills wives for disobeying his order to not enter one room. The main reason to why BB finds out of this disobedience is because the key was stained with blood that could not be easily washed off. Last wife ask to be given a chance for a prayer and lags the killing time until her brothers arrived, saw the situation and beheads Bluebeard instead. We are never given the reason to why he kills the wives except that they all disobeyed his one direct order. It can be speculated that BB was a man of dominance and control, who demanded full loyalty and cannot tolerate being lied. Interesting is that there is a key in this drama too. And it opened the lock to the basement. My theory is as some of you guys: Either BB is the representation of MY’s father or mother. At this point, I am leaning towards the mother. I think MY’s father may actually be the representation of the witch in Rapunzel (since this story was also mentioned in episode 6). The witch trapped Rapunzel and used her for her own good. But..it is said that in the darker version, it was actually the father who imprisoned her for his control of her life. Both MY’s parents seemed to have troubled minds but I cannot figure if it was out of love or out of mind. 

——

dang. Have to cook dinner. Be back later ;)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi Everyone!

I have my work cut out for me to catch up on 16 plus pages and I need to watch episode 6.

Excuse me before I watch it without knowing much.

Going in I don’t know anything, but def interested in the Ahjumma Patient waiting to set KT with her daughter, how living with MY will be with the Moon brothers as we know KT isn’t thrilled about it. 

JR is not going to be too happy and are there going to be more flash backs? 

I want you see the mural too that ST is drawing.

I know I will be loving MY styling as always. 

What about JS? Will he still stay at JR place?

What deal is MY starting a book ASAP?

• Like 3

Today EP 6 is thus far my favourite episode 6:

Few of my favourite things to list out:

1. There are more screen time showing the two of them together and trying to understand each other better

2. The best screen time for three of them (KT, ST and MY) having meal together, it really displayed the warmth family atmosphere that I believe MY had never felt that before in her lifetime.

3. The beautiful scene with fairytale background when both of them standing and staring each other at the balcony on that night. That moment was like  watching a disney's fairytale. Must give credit to the production team that created the scene (may be using digital graphic art images) and castle so beautifully despite looking old outside.

4. I enjoyed the last part of the Bluebeard story (black and white version plus the NG version), it was creative and fun watching it. LOL

5. Last but not least, my favourite fashion style shown by MY in today EP, I really like her full white lace dress, very victoria yet fashionable style and the pink one as well.

I hope there will be a travel trip for three of them in a caravan in the upcoming ep. The best fights are taken only after they have the courage to break away from the chains that bind them. I hope both can reach that level, although the journey can be a long and winding road...I can still see positive lights ahead of them....:)

• Like 11
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

sending virtual hug for MR Lee for being super stress at the moment HAHAHAHAHHAHA 

Hugs Hugs Hugs!!!

Can't get over of KT's cuteness. :hooray2:

EcKRwVYVcAE9qDp?format=jpg&name=large

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seo Yeji's tiny waist in 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay' draws attention 

EcLIiX6WkAACRaF?format=jpg&name=large

Source: Biz Enter via Nate

1. [+438, -8] All of her organs fit in there...? No way...

2. [+345, -7] Her waist looks like it measures 18 inches ㅠ

3. [+310, -14] I never noticed her before but she's super pretty in this drama ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ and has great proportions

4. [+35, -1] Is 43 kg at 169 cm tall considered a toned body? I honestly thought she looked kind of gross. She's excessively skinny. She could stand to gain some weight so please eat up.

5. [+31, -2] She has the smallest face out of all the celebrities with small faces.. Her waist looks about the same width of her face.. at least 17 inches, maybe.. daebak.. She probably has a fast metabolism but I bet she manages herself really strictly too.

6. [+27, -4] My mind went ??? when I saw her waist in this scene. Wow, daebak;

7. [+23, -4] I'm jealous. Bodies like hers are just something you're born with. No amount of exercise will achieve that. She has such impossibly long limbs but a glamorous body, long neck.. she's perfect.

8. [+23, -3] I read a previous article about her and her body is really just all genetics. Her family members are apparently all skinny too.

9. [+22, -11] She is really skinny but her proportions and everything are so pretty ㅠㅠ!! And her styling is so perfect for her... I never knew much about her other than her face but she has a charming voice as well.

10. [+14, -1] I guess everyone was thinking the same thing ㅋㅋㅋ I was so surprised when I saw her waist

source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/07/seo-yejis-tiny-waist-in-its-okay-to-not.html

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Episode 6

These two are my favourite scenes. Looks at the boys are staring at her, watching her eating vigorously . :w00t::lol:

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos/animated emojis. Thanks.
  • Like 5

BASED ON MY OBSERVATIONS:

About the BB story, I think the BB is her father. Mr. Lee has mentioned somewhere in the previous episodes that her father was an architect and built that castle in the middle of the forest for his wife. And, in the flashback, he's the one trying to impress the lady (MY's mom apparently) by showing his house. I believe that her mom fell down the stairs and broke her skull and maybe that incident happened after her drowning and getting rescued. Also, in the first episode, if you watch the the choking scene in low speed, you can clearly see that she was rescued by her mother so her father strangling her may not be due to her mom's death. Maybe the true love of BB who understood BB (her father) was her mother. Maybe having MY made her parents' relationship weaken as we can see how MY's mom prioritized her work and MY. What if the mom got the inspiration for her writings from first hand experiences (same with MY's writings) so maybe her mom.....? (but let's not jump into conclusions as her mom had possible mental illness and the writer isn't trying to label people with mental illnesses as the violent type). The flashback scene of her grabbing MY's hair gave me goosebumps!!!  Can't wait to see how the story will unfold as we're just in episode 6 even though everything is moving quite fast.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2