[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

The things HK says are so blindingly sincere, who wouldn’t cry? 

I love this from dramamilk: ‘A confession has been given! A love gauntlet has been thrown! Will Do-hee accept this relationship challenge? (I mean, the challenge would be to not accept it if you have Song Seung-heon standing in front of you with those pleading eyes, I’m just saying).’ 

Haha

• Like 5

Alright, before I get back to all the work that's been piling up because of this show (I couldn't focus until I'd watched this episode), I just have to say, oh my god. That is a man. HK is perceptive enough to know that DH likes him too but she's not ready. So he respects her boundaries and understands that she needs time and space. At the same time, he's there for her when she's hurt. Sigh. The sight of HK in love is surely one for the books.

Spoiler

I didn't think DH's ex could hurt her any more than he already has but I was wrong. How many times must she tell him to get lost before he gets it? For his sake, there had better not be a second slap because that looked like it hurt. Well-deserved, but painful nonetheless.

Oh man, HK was extra swoony today. DH has been really heartbroken and confused for the past few episodes so the dinner scene where they were back to their usual banter made my heart so happy. I think they know that the spark between them is undeniable. I love how HK can't sleep because he's thinking about her so he decides to watch her shows and actually enjoys it. Despite initially appearing aloof and snooty, DH really brings out his fun side.

Major swoony moments: the band-aid scene, the rain scene, the cooking scene. The preview for tomorrow looks excellent with DH smiling while hugging him back. I love that she's slowly coming around to the idea of being with him. I can't wait for the moment she feels strong enough to go after her lovely man.

So DH's cut is better protected now because of HK. But the question is, is he protecting her wound or is he protecting her heart? WAHHHHH!!!!! Okay, I'm out.

EDIT: He doesn't demand an answer; instead, he makes sure that her hand is okay...

Spoiler

... and buys a box of bear band aids. Ahh!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

What did JH say to get slapped? I can’t watch it right now, so someone put me out of my misery!

I got you fam.

Spoiler

So my iQIYI dropped the ball on the subtitles but this is what I understand so far. Outside the restaurant during the awkward group dinner, DH overhears JH talking to GW about the real reason he left DH. It wasn't because his mom was sick. He says that DH has no idea who his father is and she thought that JH was just a poor student like her. I think he says something along the lines of how his family would never understand his choice of dating someone poor like her which is why he went back to his family. I think. Anyway, DH overhears all this and that he had lied to her so she slaps him and calls him scum. Then she walks away and leaves the dinner feeling miserable and it starts to rain. Feeling sorry for herself, she says, "This is pathetic." Only to look up to see a jacket covering her and HK protecting her from the rain.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Raws have been posted to not-legal sites but I can't understand Korean.  :P

For those who are reading on DramaMilk:  is the site being consistent about posting now? 

Spoiler

The recaps there can be good but I don't trust the site anymore.  I basically gave up on DramaMilk last year when the site completely dropped the ball and went dark for months on end.  Ever since, I've checked in every now and then but they often say they will recap a show but never follow through. The site has also become excessively ad-heavy.  I dunno.  Maybe it's worth checking.  Maybe not.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ednamode101 said:

Help! Does anyone with an iQIYI account know what time the new episode comes out in EST?

I believe 7:30.. I was definitely watching at 8:30 central time (while in a teleconference)... LOL!! 

Edit: wait, maybe 9:30 cause you guys on the Eastern Coast are ahead??!! 

Edited by theineptninja
  • Like 3

3 Points To Look Out For In The Second Half Of “Dinner Mate”

Jun 22, 2020
by S. P
1f9f01296a374f358d9a454154f87808.jpeg?s=

MBC’s “Dinner Mate” has shared new stills from the upcoming episode as well as some key points to look out for in the second half of the drama!

“Dinner Mate” tells the story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through their dinner dates, they eventually recover their ability to feel emotion and begin to find love over food. Song Seung Heon stars as Kim Hae Kyung, a psychiatrist and food psychologist, and Seo Ji Hye plays the energetic producing director (PD) Woo Do Hee.

Spoilers

In the midst of Kim Hae Kyung and Woo Do Hee tending to their blossoming romance, the romantic antics of Jung Jae Hyuk (Lee Ji Hoon) and Jin No Eul (Apink’s Son Naeun) seem to be intensifying as well. Here are three key points to keep an eye on in the second half of the drama:

The fast-paced romance between Kim Hae Kyung and Woo Do Hee

Woo Do Hee’s feelings for Kim Hae Kyung have been growing throughout the drama, and she ignited a flame between them when she admitted, “I’ve crossed a line.” Although Kim Hae Kyung found out that they had experienced conflict before, he revealed his feelings for Woo Do Hee when he said, “Even after I realized that she was the PD who called out ‘si bel homme’ to me, I still wanted to see her.” In addition, Kim Hae Kyung even confessed to her, saying, “I like you, Woo Do Hee.” Expectations are rising over how their sudden romance will develop.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1408346wpp/3-points-to-look-out-for-in-the-second-half-of-dinner-mate

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok I have not seen the episode or read the recap yet. But lunch time for me and I have time to write some stuff (sorry for the mess in advance). YESH Monday is here now I got to wait til tonight (but love you all for the clips/recaps/spoiler alerts)

@thistle  Welcome back! I think it is ok , you are allowed your thoughts and frustrations. I find my love of KDRAMA is an escape.

Spoiler

I had one very stressful DARK period of a few months a few years back  at work. My watching a Kdrama -Master's Sun (Plus my first So ji Sub Drama)-only fun that I had for 3 months and working weekends and staying late til 10pm or later--- I wish NOT to repeat in my life.

I hope that things get better for you. 파이팅! (Hwaiting!)

You can not always agree or like how characters are written, but if you have swoon worthy actors/ written characters, some how they lure you back in or the other competition is good but just different genres. I agree I love Dramamilk but in this case for this drama, they are back from hiatus and only concentrating on Mondays for this drama from their tweets back to me when I thanked them for their LIVE recaps. Yeah I guess they are trying to get more active on their site? Not sure.

@sadthe1st Thanks for sharing but I agree along with @cantbreathe @ednamode101 I can look at SSH all the time and YES those scene on his holding the jacket over her head---- OMG those GUNS. He already is appealing but such a gentleman!:happy:

Special thanks to @blademan High Def pics of that screen shot---LOVE IT!

@ednamode101 So I was correct she does not AUTOMATICALLY say yes. Frankly it is realistic. She is scarred from JH and scared. I love that HK asks about her hand after the confession. (She did complain to herself that he did not even care and ask why she was at the hospital or even ask about her injury -very out of character. Then as we know he was distracted by NE lying on the hospital bed and then hugging him. Though he knew NE was working with DH, still the shock of seeing her there?!  I cannot wait to see his sweet patience and taking his time with our DH. :eatdatcarrot:

@huckleberrymoonriver Dang THANK YOU for being an ace on resources on clips etc. :heart3:

@Samuel Yohanes Thanks for posting the Dramamilk recaps.

@Wook's Fan Welcome to the Dinner Mate Family! Love your comments. I am wondering what the plot of HK mom's book and when we will find out more. When we saw JH place and that article popped up, I def agree with you that is related to JH and Keanu.

@ednamode101 I wish I had time to rewatch whole episodes, I am lucky to watch clips. But YUP when  I recall that food truck meal, I was thinking she is going to EAT her words about his lack of interest now but not LATER or for herself. It is how the drama world operates. LOL. Plus as the OTP we KNOW that is put in there going to bite her in the tooshie.

@akhenaten Yes that BTS is too hilarious. I am envious of SJH looking very blissful while hugging SSH. The fact she said---is this supposed to look pretty?! But then their blocking the hugs is cute. Lucky gal! :luvarrow:

Awww I got to read Dramamilk recaps but reading just now that DH overheard why JH broke up with her (came from left field) but very common drama trope. Rich fam against their poor family background of their partner of choice.

Ok reheating my leftovers from yesterday to hunker down and read the recaps, or least Part 1.:coolshades:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Raws have been posted to not-legal sites but I can't understand Korean.  :P

For those who are reading on DramaMilk:  is the site being consistent about posting now? 

Reveal hidden contents

The recaps there can be good but I don't trust the site anymore.  I basically gave up on DramaMilk last year when the site completely dropped the ball and went dark for months on end.  Ever since, I've checked in every now and then but they often say they will recap a show but never follow through. The site has also become excessively ad-heavy.  I dunno.  Maybe it's worth checking.  Maybe not.

They are consistent on this drama since ep 1.

They only recap what they watch ( right now it is only dinner mate and its okay to not be okay).

I still use it for drama that not on netflix 

For example drama milk really help me with dinner mate , the world of married because both is not on netflix so the sub can take a while but with recap i can understand what happen easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, theineptninja said:

What did she say? I can't find the subs.... Although we knew she was like this with all her lies and delusions.. 

She ask out kim hae kyung live on tv.

About their past relationship and to start a new one.

Such an evil for someone who said fair play haha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Nodame said:

@thistle  Welcome back! I think it is ok , you are allowed your thoughts and frustrations. I find my love of KDRAMA is an escape.

Thank you for the encouragement--I needed that.  :)  Usually dramas are an escape for me, too, but

Spoiler

when mid-June rolls around, nothing is satisfying and I can't even watch a movie all the way through.  The past few weeks I have been surviving watching YouTube videos of Japanese real estate agents.  :P   I don't really know why.  

But, on the not-funny side, it was my birthday which is also the anniversary of the day I had to make the choice to have my mother's life support disconnected so that she could die in peace.  That was several years ago but it is always a hard and edgy day for me.  It is also hard that my late grandmother's birthday was a few days before mine, and her death anniversary is a few days after.  I was particularly close to my both of them.  My grandmother and I shared a room when I was a child; I helped to care for her in her last days.  Later, I was the sole caregiver for my mother and the only person she truly trusted.  There are a few more June events that I could complain of but had best not.  So, mid-June is not good--I always feel like howling at the moon and I get cross easily.   

I just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other until July finally arrives.

So it's unfortunate that I got cross with our drama.  I do honestly still feel that our FL has been too caught up in herself and that our ML needs to be a bit more active.  Reading today's recap, I think that things are beginning to move in the right direction.  I especially loved that AY and Keanu are getting closer.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@thistle OOH thanks my dear for sharing. Hugs! Sending healing thoughts and hugs to you from Boston! I love AY and Keanu and cannot wait to see their interactions tonight. It is ok to now care for how the ML/FL are written. I love that we all can agree to disagree. While easy to agree and be in harmony, I respect opposing ideas/thoughts too as it can OPEN your eyes to other people viewpoint. Variety is the spice of life and thanks for sharing with us!

Spoiler

OMG, I never watched much on Japanese RE agents but if that gives you comfort! Who CARES?!

I never knew my grandmothers at all (one passed when mom was 9) and dad's mom did not have a relationship with her and she already was having dementia and did not care to interact with her grand kids or anyone other than my dad. 

You POOR dear to have two beloved and strong women in your life have big days around your birthday. YIKES that tough decision in regards to your mom and on  your bday.  Wow no wonder you are having a tough time. I hope eventually you can have some more positive memories on  your bday (especially being such a heavy day in regards to your mom's passing). I think she would not begrudge you. Both your grandmother and definitely your mom would want you to live a full life. Doing that would NEVER diminish your love and care for their or their memories etched in your heart. More they would like you to have a more fulfilling life while you are on earth.

I am very close to my mom, I cannot begin to imagine your pain.  I am the only ones who speaks Cantonese with her so she definitely appreciates it. Last year I broke down in a heart to heart chat with my mom (I was having big issues with my dad and I just bawled like a baby at the thought of my mom not being around. We did not grow up with hugs or saying I love you in my family. Then I thought after a life coach said why not?) I recall even asking my mom when we were kid if she hugged us (I saw her hugging my baby sis --6 yrs apart). She said I did but you were a baby. Even my baby sis wondered if our parents kissed. I said of course they did! (This was before health classes telling us about the birds and the bees). 

Glad you are finding some solace with dramas or Japanese RE agents.  Good for you. BIg hugs and warm positive thoughts! Remember to surround yourself with good people and energy. (I am still not seeing people in shelter in place here as I am not too confident to be in groups outside my home now.)  I am a people person so these last few months of quarantine have been tough.  But giving me time to take stock in life and TRY to remember to be grateful and express gratitude. It has been tough and bumpy road but I am better now. Def was DEPRESSED for sure!  My bday was at the start of our Shelter in Place and I celebrated it alone in quarantine. But I just thought, I am alive, healthy, have a job and I can meet up with my friends/family later. Daily 10 mins of gratitude helped me alot.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

She ask out kim hae kyung live on tv.

About their past relationship and to start a new one.

Such an evil for someone who said fair play haha

* I am ready to burn some things and beat some people (NE) up * 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

There’s a scene where HK is properly sobbing! My heart is so sore :tears:

Where?? :o

Haven't seen the ep 9 till now (eng subs not out yet, trying by best to remain sane :crazily:

Looking at the spoilers and co-mates posts, seems like we have loads of love showering, but some serious stuff too (slapping n all). Looking at ep 10 preview (the way DH is hugging HK, it's so endearing, seems like the only thing in the world I wanted to see tonight)

Excuse me if its sounds too dumb), there would be a lovey-dovey part.

If you back this year, since starting the male leads are setting up a bar higher than ever. they seems to be too understanding (to the level its becomes unrealistic). Don't know if I can mention it here, but for instance Ri Jeong Hyeok (CLOY),  The King (Min Ho),  365 Repeat the year (Hyeong Ju), Hospital Playlist (Ik Joon)

If you compare from earlier scenario, the maturity of male lead has been increasing so much. And our dear HK has gotten on another level. It's so good to watch this. What's your opinion on this? Please share?

Please upload the eng subs soon....:heart2beat:

48 minutes ago, theineptninja said:

* I am ready to burn some things and beat some people (NE) up * 

Seriously, its so insensitive of them. Wait, did I just used a human feeling for inhumane people like them.:crazy:

One could easily see the discomfort on HK's face. It was partly because he might have thought that DH might misunderstand him. But don;t worry doc, our girl is hard as diamond, she won't shatter with a hammer's blow, but might break the hammer.

This is what I think, make a difference in HK and DH'd relationship. :approves:The have a room for conversation.

So don't woory guys (geogjeongma yaedeula).

Let's sail the ship heads up.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 1