0ly40

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch: “My Unfamiliar Family” Actors Show Great Chemistry On Drama Set

Jun 3, 2020
by L. Kim
ec158302310145d0ab8c6449253f8597.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “My Unfamiliar Family” has released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The video begins with Kim Ji Suk and Han Ye Ri preparing for filming. The two actors try to stay professional on the drama set, but they’re interrupted by strong winds, the disappearing sun, and barking dogs.

After successfully filming outdoors, they come into a place that is supposed to be the office of Kim Ji Suk’s character. Han Ye Ri jokes, “You must have saved up a lot of money,” and he quips, “About a billion won (approximately $822,335).” Then Kim Ji Suk asks if she has memorized her lines and warns her that they have a long day ahead of them.

In the next scene, Han Ye Ri films with Won Mi Kyung, Chu Ja Hyun, and Shin Jae Ha. They seem like a real family as they joke around and bicker with each other. Shin Jae Ha points out the hair roller in Han Ye Ri’s hair, and she quickly yanks it off in embarrassment. Chu Ja Hyun lightly smacks Shin Jae Ha and demands, “Why’d you tell her?” Han Ye Ri laughs, and Shin Jae Ha responds, “Because I’m nice.” Won Mi Kyung watches their chemistry in fascination and points out they have a lot of fun whenever they’re together.

my-unfamiliar-family-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1404440wpp/watch-my-unfamiliar-family-actors-show-great-chemistry-on-drama-set

I didn't think I would like this drama, it's been really good so far, the marriage here is not easy, good actors, it's cool, just it’s weird to see the actor who plays the younger brother being so funny and kind, while in another drama it was a merciless killer who liked to cut up bodies lol
Very very good performance:thumbsup: of the female lead  in thes two episodes, who plays Eun hee, the scene of the argument between her and her best friend was really superb.
I read a theory about the fact that the vice president planned to come closer and sleep with her, it would be a revenge apparently it would have with his family  and her family and the biological father of the half sister, I do not don't know, but I thought that the scene where he hid the photo maybe it was his ex wife

@Ameera Ali I knew I am going to like it here with you around!:wub: :lol:

No wonder EJ is so different from her siblings, different DNA. Curious about her story with hubby, barista...

So CH actually had a crush on EH. It will be interesting to see how finally EH will accept/fall for CH. Oops I am jumping into conclusion! :unsure: :sweatingbullets:

On 6/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, triplem said:

EJoo's hubs...hmmm is he cheating on her ? Who could he be messaging? Not to mention that the barista told him he needs to tell EJ...ohhh could he be gay? 

I don`t think he will be gay if he is chating with Tinkerbell.:D (but who knows? We`ll see what is going on in the next episodes). I think he opened up emotionally with somebody. Maybe he even cheated after their become estranged. Eun Joo said officially that she gave up being a mother but we saw that it is not true. She really is the master of keeping all her feelings inside.She is not at peace with that thought.  I feel sorry for both Eun Joo and Tae-Hyeong. They have a beautiful apartment/ house but inside that house the atmosphere is so cold. If he cheated or if he is gay, I think Eun Joo has to know. Then they will deside what is the best for them. It is better for them to divorce or to have a crisis because that stillness in their life is not good for either of them. They are still suffering in silence, alone.

I hope Chan-Hyeok will confess eventually. It is hard to see him hopeless in love. But I like Eun Hee`s boss too. So far. I don`t know him very well, he did not appear much. He hid a picture. I think he is not without emotional bagage. We`ll find out his story too.

Probably the accident of the father is a blessing in disguise. Maybe the marriage of the parents needed a restart too. Jin Sook did not loved Sang-Sik from the start but i am sure that she started to love him little by little. They were estranged but maybe the new Sang Shik will rekindle the old feelings. I don`t think he is faking the amnesia but if one time his memory will return and he will still pretend to be the new Sang Sik I totally understand.

I am here. Just picked up this drama unexpectedly yesterday. What a gem. I came here because of the cast. I might have to read up more on who the writer and PD is because I like their style.

The story was or is unexpected. I was expecting a atandard dysfunctional family and a romance between old friends. But the family dynamics are not the usual complications. Its very restrained angst. And children who are actually not doing the usual screaming accusations.

First off the dad's story surprised me. I was surprised and kept wondering the whole of episode 1 why Jeong Jin Yeong took on the role. I don't usually see him so dishevelled and painted so old. Then episode 2 came on and my heart ached for him. The contrast between the extreme lack of respect and the utter politeness/ jondaemal is so striking. I am sure they both did their share to contribute towards the marriage breakdown. And this drama is about it but I might be slightly scared that the writer will intend the relationship to end. Now I know why JJY was cast. He is a great actor.

I was shocked when Choi Woong came out as the douchebag. Then Shin Dong Wook appeared. Oy did they just made him engaged and then make sexual advances on TWO female subordinates? Yikes. Its bad enough he's a 2nd lead but did he have to be made a bad guy? I am having a hard time cursing him when he has such a library and did they do it twice even? Mama mia. That is some scene to spring on some poor unsuspecting viewer. I don't even know what to comment.

I like HYR and KJS. I really REALLY  like the way Chan Hyeok is written. He is honest. But is he also written up as a honest womanizer?  I really like the post- morning dissection with him. That's calling it mate with her rambling. But darn, that's TMI from your college crush.

Actually i have to let out a tiny teeny mention the book geek in me loved both the libraries in this drama. Then a language envy and respect  for JJY that he was a Korean language/lit graduate from SNU. Everyone talks about Kim Tae Hee but there are a few Korean actors who had more difficult majors in SNU. And then KJS with his German/ English teachers certificate as well. I am sure you guys have seen how difficult it is to pass the teachers exams. I know people who have studied for it in SK as well. Then Han Ye Ri with her degree as well.

This is a fine, fine casting. I trust that the script must be good for them to pick it. Its an experienced cast as well with a CV of picking well written works. Won Mi Kyung is someone I rarely see but then she was in hiatus and had kids but man her movie list so long.

After all that there is one actor who I didn't like but no need to name them as the rest of the cast is overwhelmingly talented. But wow. So yeah better get to checking out the writer and PD for this drama.

Bye guys. Bet you didn't expect this sort of reaction from me. I hardly wrote on the drama itself as its early days yet but its shaping up nicely. And you can see the quality of the first 2 episodes already. I will trust the cast then that they knew what they singed up for.

Addit- I just came back. Ok now I know why I like the directing. I watched both www and Suits. Excellent directing there and the script writer? I don't quite like her dramas or movies but they all had solid plots. Ok all set to go then for this drama.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:19 AM, triplem said:

Eun Joo not being the biological daughter caught me by surprise. I wonder if Eun Joo senses it , is that why she is always so uptight?  I think dad is a really good man - he married mum even when the baby was not his , and he was clearly in love with mum. He also took more effort to show Eun Joo love to ensure she does not feel the difference.  I felt bad that he may have contemplated suicide though I don't know how much of that annoying woman's words we can trust. However as time goes on dad started taking things for granted. Mum started loathing him for his habits.  Maybe this amnesia may be a blessing in disguise to help them re look at their marriage.

It would be nice if the parents are able to reconcile. Kind of like “Go Back Couple” and “Unfamiliar Wife”. I wasn’t expecting the amnesia plot but at least they will perhaps get to tackle their issues before completely walking away from the marriage by the time his memory returns. I’m assuming his memory loss is genuine since he seems to remember the past clearly. Mom seems to have her guard up but time will tell all. As to Eun Joo, I wish she never finds out that Dad is not her biological dad. However, I suppose if there’s a plot involving her biological dad, it can’t be helped. She seems to be close to her dad since the other children automatically assumed she would take his side.

My Unfamiliar Family: Episode 1

by quirkycase

unfam1-00016.jpg

tvN’s latest melo My Unfamiliar Family is off to a strong start as a poignant tale of family in all its messy glory. Despite delving into some heavy issues, it doesn’t feel overly dark or oppressive. Thanks to its emotional resonance and engaging cast, one episode in and I’m already invested.

EPISODE 1

MUF01-00028.jpgMUF01-00032.jpg

As KIM EUN-HEE (Han Ye-ri) busily gets ready for work, she ignores calls from her mother LEE JIN-SOOK (Won Mi-kyung). The second she finally does pick up in frustration, Jin-sook yells at her for never taking her calls or calling her back and hangs up.

KIM SANG-SHIK (Jung Jin-young) chides Jin-sook for yelling at their daughter while she’s headed to work. Jin-sook cryptically says she’s going to tell the kids today. Although he doesn’t look happy about it, he tells her to do what she wants.

Son KIM JI-WOO (Shin Jae-ha) follows him to the door and politely sees him off on his hiking trip. Sang-shik looks at him exasperatedly, and Ji-woo whines that his part-time job might become permanent – he can’t move out yet. Sang-shik pats him on the shoulder and leaves.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/my-unfamiliar-family-episode-1/

So I didn't know anything about Won Mi-Kyeong (the mom) before. I turns out that she was a huge star in the 1980s (wikipedia):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Won_Mi-kyung

Won is referred to as one of "The Troika of the 1980s" along with Lee Mi-sook, and Lee Bo-hee, all of whom dominated the screen of the period.

--

Apparently, when she was younger, people say she resembles what Lee Min-Jeong looks like now:

posterphoto674589.jpg

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

So I didn't know anything about Won Mi-Kyeong (the mom) before. I turns out that she was a huge star in the 1980s (wikipedia):

I am familiar with her. I saw her the first time in 2016 in MBC family drama Happy Home. I think it was her comeback project because I saw that she was in other kdramas since then. From what I remember reading about her, she lived in US for a while. I don`t know if she moved back in Korea or if she is coming in Korea just for her acting projects.

I watched the first 2 episodes of this drama and was surprised at the honest portrayal of people and family. It's definitely not a conventional drama.

Most of the things I noted about the episodes you have already discussed here.

I was also caught by surprise that Eun Joo was not the dad's biological daughter, especially since they had such a close bond. I have a feeling that he felt the need to protect her more than the others for a specific reason. Maybe her biological dad is someone from a powerful family or a dangerous person? Maybe the mother was raped? I know it's all speculation at this point.

In any case I am most intrigued by the parents' relationship at the moment.

It will be interesting to see what Eun Joo's husband is hiding. He does seem to care for her well being, so there must be some love there. I like the idea that he might be gay or that he might be having an affair, but my guess is that he might have some health issues that is preventing him from becoming a father?

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I like the idea that he might be gay or that he might be having an affair, but my guess is that he might have some health issues that is preventing him from becoming a father?

Him being gay is a reprise of his previous drama role. I really hope this is not it. 

Fertility issues, why does this sound like another airing drama :lol:... 

Affair, a bit tired of this line especially after TWOM happened (didn’t finish it)

I hope the writer will surprise us :D 

Archived