[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally had time to come on here and I havent read all the comments since page 6.  What are you most shocked by the last episode? For me, it was that mom trying to abort son!!   The whole whos gay thing didn't really catch me off guard probably because we had speculations here before. The mom hated her life so much she made an elaborate plan to abort her child hit me harder. 

Just what had gone wrong in the marriage? I wasn't too drown in to the parents relationship before but I think i am now. 

VP continues to be bad news (but cute face, ugh i hate myself).  Hope EH comes to her senses soon. 

My Unfamiliar Family: Episode 4

by quirkycase

MUF04-01114.jpg

Relationships are complicated, and we usually know less about those around us than we think. There are more revelations this hour that cast loved ones’ behaviors and even identities in a new light, forcing our family members to face the fact that their understanding may be incomplete. Things are starting to unravel, but sometimes that’s necessary to create a stronger, more cohesive whole.

EPISODE 4

MUF04-00078.jpgMUF04-00084.jpg

Seeing her younger self in the photos from Chan-hyuk that Ji-woo sent, Eun-hee wonders what her now 22-year-old father is feeling. Currently, said father is feeling confused as Young-shik greets him. Jin-sook thinks back to being a young mom when Sang-shik started coming home late and getting calls from women.

He was careful at first, but he became more shameless. “My happy home turned into a hell I could hardly breathe in.” She decided to endure it to “protect the home” for her kids. Now, she walks toward Young-shik and her husband.

Sang-shik asks politely if Young-shik is referring to him as “father.” His colleagues catch sight of Jin-sook and quickly try to cover that lots of younger colleagues call Sang-shik “father.” As if to corroborate their claim, a man yells “father” from somewhere nearby. They nervously head inside.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/my-unfamiliar-family-episode-4/

New stills for tonight. Mum & dad seem happy here 

I’m guessing EJ will just sweep things under the carpet for now 

On 6/13/2020 at 10:42 PM, joonminfan said:

Are these new stills? Mum and dad look so happy in the first photo.

I wonder what the words in the photos say. Anyone free to do a rough translation?

1st one:

숙이쒸가... 웃었다...!
졸혼 위기 인생 2회차 로맨스 시작?!

Miss Sook smiled!

Danger of marriage graduation, maybe the 2nd romance of their lives begins?

봐도 봐도 안 질리는 별가족 명장면&명대사
모든 장면이 명장면&명대사라 뽑기 힘들었다는 후문...

Watch it again and again, you still don't get tired of the masterpiece scenes and lines

Every scene and line is a masterpiece so it's hard to pick the best ones

--

Ep.5 Preview translation:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/myfamily/9/Board/List (they don't let you cut and paste the Korean)

Sang-Sik and Jin-Sook leave together to find Yeong-Sik, but he has disappeared.

Eun-Hee stays with Eun-Joo who is breaking down after finding the shocking truth about Tae-Hyeong.

Tae-Hyeong does not return on his return date, so Eun-Joo goes to see Mi-Sook (Tae-Hyeong's mother)

So the truth hit EJoo really hard. She thought back of the miscarriage, the times when TH was looking suspicious on his pc , and it suddenly clicked for her. She was taking it out on EHee at first ( something I notice she does a lot ) , but EHee understanding her sis, tried to hug and comfort her. EJoo even tried to kill herself...EHee stopped her in time

Spoiler

I do think they will develop this love line ( I don't know how i feel now about this )  , and perhaps we will see a different side to CEO. If I am not mistaken he mentioned about breaking up with his fiancee (need subs) , but I believe he really likes EHee and intends to be with her

hmmm Dad just proposed here ...mentioned that now they are getting married again?

Spoiler

Preview

TH finally is back...of course this is going to get ugly ....TH is not only confronted by EJoo but the barista

Quite confused by the preview. Does this mean the barista was really interested in EJ all along? I'm so off in my predictions lol

Interestingly, even though the sisters don't get along, I think they understand each other best. EJ was right about EH and her relationships and EH in turn, is sharp about her sister. This drama is really interesting for me because I don't have a good handle on who's going to end up with who , when usually,within the first 2 weeks , I can tell

Originally, thought that the barista was interested in EJ then slowly suspected that he and Tae Hyung are involved. Tae Hyung came off as jealous of EJ and his relationship first but it could also have been interpreted the other way. The barista also knew what kind of coffee Tae Hyung likes to drink(well he's the barista so duh) and he looked very shaken when he found out Tae Hyung was overseas. I wondered why Tae Hyung would leave money for HS . Couldn't be to keep his mouth shut because I'm sure that TH was planning on not coming back and for EJ to find out the truth. 

The weirdest scene was the one when HS was getting treated by TH. TH told HS to come to his senses and HS replied that his girlfriend knew him and he should tell EJ soon. Weirdly, I don't feel any chemistry between HS and EJ. More like, he just brings the softness out of her and she feels comfortable around him while being flattered by the attention. EJ is such a strong woman but she's really at her wits end trying to stay calm while there's so much chaos around her. Their apartment reflects their marriage. Beautiful but impersonal, clean to the point of sterile, minimalistic and presentable but oh so empty and bland

Woah I had to get out of lurking and say thanks --the star @triplem as always and appreciation to @chickfactor for the subs.

OMG @Samuel Yohanes Totall agree they are full steam ahead about TH and EJ, I am curious. Not going to lie, I am a fan of Shin Dong Wook so it makes me easier to see their relationship though fundamentally I am against what they are doing without cleanly ending prior relationships. (But not 100% if TH did end it with his 9 yr girlfriend, I will need to watch the episode). But their chemi after that work event and getting together was swoon. I really loved she was in love with his very enviable library! WOW a book lover's dream. Totally amazing.

@sasha1818 Right on agree your thoughts on EJ and TH home. Gorgeous but cold and lacked any warmth such as the owners/occupants living in it. Def kind of agree there was no chemi of the Barista and EJ. She just liked having a person be nice and friendly. Definitely nothing beyond it I felt too.

So I have only seen the clips shared I cannot wait to see this episode. (Def quality acting and story to start my week.)

Wow the bomb that Dad remembers everything and gave mom flowers. He wants to get married (?) and this is appreciation for the 30 yrs of putting up with him (for not appreciating her). (Flowers are all nice and pretty words of appreciation, but that makes one feel good for a hot minute.Then it is a matter if mom wants to let him make it up to her and show her sincerely. Dad (with the lost memory) is cute and lively. Love how he shows her aegyo and plays with the kids, keeps score of that game he and mom played.  Also despite losing his memory, he diligently tried to get their names straight before seeing them (as a dad with no memory of them).

The clip with EJ being with EH, glad EH was there and calmed her down. Despite the bold and cold front EJ was sending her away pushing her saying I WANT TO BE ALONE. EH let her lash out and then was there to hold her. Thank god EH is there for EJ.

Yeah as someone pointed out CS is a gem of a guy and cares for the sisters EJ and EH. There is love and care but def the crush vibes to EJ are more apparent. But with EH I feel both care deeply thank just friends almost like siblings.  So when EH told CS she was more upset about him then her ex not being told about him cheating on her. Or when CS worried about EH misconstruing the pics, she just said I thought I was ugly in these pics. She did not feel CS liked her in that way. I feel CS does show his feelings of love and care in his photos. A lovely quality of capturing lovely and pure/raw emotions that is difficult but he has a sensitivity. I felt his pics of EJ at her wedding made her look so more alluring, captivating and gorgeous. As for his pics EH, they are lovely and of her thinking being pensive and off guards, it could be thought of as love. But there is definitely affection that CS cares deeply for EH. 

As someone else pointed out before, CS was not devastated when he found out EH slept with TH. (If he really had feelings, he would have been more emotional and would have felt something. Instead he was able to tease EH and give her good advice. He even pointed out to EH when they were having lunch, EH specifically said in front of TH to hear and her colleagues they are FRIENDS. She drew the LINE so TH would not misunderstand her sitting with a guy at lunch (who TH did not know).LOL.  But as other say, I would not be surprised in the end CS and EH do come together eventually. That would be cool, but I hope EH enjoys her time to be free and have fun.

EJ and her hubby TH def we knew were together but not 'together" as we saw the behind the scenes. He noticed the barista caring for EJ and EJ being nice to the barista (the siblings caught on too). So to see him show feelings and get involved in the next episode should be interesting.

I cannot wait to see this drama, such amazing acting. Def food for thought love the realness to the stories. Real life is MESSY and no one has a picture perfect life. If you think they do, they  have cracks , it is just they don't show it to ousiders.

Back to lurking mode as I have to do some work as it IS Monday morning and almost lunch time here.

Ep.6 Preview translation:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/myfamily/9/Board/List

Eun-Hee leaves to follow Hyo-Seok to GoHeung to find Tae-Hyeong but a sad premonition makes her hesitate.

Sang-Sik lied that his memories have returned, but he is confused by the small bits of memory that do return to him.

Gyeong-Ok says that she knows Hara, and says something odd to Geun-Joo...

“My Unfamiliar Family” Cast Is In Sync Behind The Scenes

Jun 15, 2020
by C. Lee
f0686cb94ced4b9ab6c5a115c7321ee0.jpeg?s=

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “My Unfamiliar Family” has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the cast!

“My Unfamiliar Family” tells the story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and families who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

On June 15, tvN released new behind-the-scenes stills of the secrets behind the characters’ “emotional synchronization.” Han Ye Ri acts out the growth of her character Kim Eun Hee, who has always cared for others but didn’t know much about herself or her family. On the other hand, Kim Ji Seok plays the kind and realistic friend Park Chan Hyuk. Viewers are growing curious over Kim Eun Hee’s future as she deals with family matters.

In the first three stills, Han Ye Ri and Kim Ji Seok, whose characters share a 15-year-long friendship, check their script thoroughly even right before the shoot. Han Ye Ri and Kim Ji Seok appear focused especially on retaining every detail from their realistic lines and the unspoken emotions within them.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1406980wpp/my-unfamiliar-family-cast-is-in-sync-behind-the-scenes

This drama breaks my heart and puts it back together. Eun Joo's feeling of betrayal is so raw in its pain and the scene between the 2 sisters was so good. It makes perfect sense that Eun Hee would be the one to comfort her sister and be there for her when EJ found out

Also, good on Eun Hee for having sharp intuition and following Hyun Seok. That one shot of Hyun Seok looking at EJ looked alot like guilt and was suspicious enough for Eun Hee to realise that something was up. Looks like EJ is going to make things difficult for TH. I still am not sure if HS likes EJ but if he and TH really have something and he was befriending EJ, that is so messed up

The parents have such a beautiful love story that is so heartwrenching. Someone on dramabeans said this is like a weekend drama boiled down to a cable drama and I so agree. The characters are welldone and such good actors

I decided to stay despite all the craze. I'll stay for the family bonding moments. The scenes with the sisters were heartbreaking but heartwarming at the same time. I cried along with them. EH even took a day off for EJ. 

I'm glad that EH chose to stay friends putting her own ease of mind first before her attraction to the boss. And to be honest the boss is reeaaally smooth. He has the quality of having that mr.player title. Though i think he genuinely cares about EH.

My heart broke for EJ. She has always supported the family financially. I think one of the reasons she married the guy after only dating for 3 months is because the stability he offered. That snippets of her during her pregnancy got me curious of what really happened that time.

I'm still not sure which sister is CH's first love. The show deliberately leaves it vague. The same goes to barista's relationship with the husband.

Okay so here we go again, I thought that no drama would suck me in the way The World of Married did this year but damn this drama though, its up there, the quality, writing, characters, story, as in everything is on point even from the beginning, I have no issues whatsoever, ITS JUST SO DAMN GOOD! I just started watching over the weekend since I had spare time and now I had to get to this thread cause I have to let off some steam. Some of the story plot reminds me of Dear My Friends, one of the best kdramas out there that made me cry multiple times, but it has its own personality and the way the characters are characters of their own speak for the writers and actors. I'm calling it, this might be one of the best dramas this year no doubt about it, looking forward to the next 12 episodes, KEEP ME HAPPY AND SAD FIGHTING!

AM I READING RIGHT? CHAN HYUK SAID HE LIKE EUN JOO NOT EUN HEE?

DAMN it is confirmed guys. Well it is really obvious tho since episode 3.

I hope he can help eun joo through the hardship she gonna fight with.

Ofcourse drunk confession is the best because the truth come out when you are drunk lol. 

And it is crazy that i want to recommend this drama for my friend and i give her a recap of what happen in first 4 episode and i just realize how mess up everyone is right now. 

I just finished the episode 5. It is my favorite drama at the moment. I can`t wait to watch more. It is heartbreaking to see how this family are so strangers to one another but yet they care about each other so much. I really want them to find out everything about each other and start a new family dinamic.

My favorite moment was the sister bonding. I am so glad that Eun hee was there when her sister find out about the secret about her husband. I even like when they are arguing. It is so good that they are talking. They should say everything what is in their mind/ heart. There are a lot of misunderstanding because they did not comunicate properly as a family. It was so heartwarming to see Eun Hee taking a day off to spend with her sister, driving her to her profesional meeting. I also liked how Eun joo told her mother to not subestimate/belittle her younger daughter.

Eun Hee takes an introspection and remembering past events in a new light. I like those moments when we find out what happen in the past and what the characters were thinking. The other members of the family find out little things from other perspective (like Sang-Sik is thinking what Jin Sook must be feeling, or Jin Sook finding what her husband wanted). Sang Shik has distorted memories and he is mixing true events and wishful thinking, his own desires. I think he wanted Jin Sook to tell him often that he loves him too. he thought that she gave her love notes because she was too shy to tell him in person but I think he did that.

Another favorite moment was when Jin Sook and Sang shik were at the beach, when he told her that he saw Dr Zhivago twice because of her.

I am glad that Eun hee put control over her relationship with her boss. She knows what is best for her and if she wants to take it slowly she should have that. I knew that Gun-Joo was not a two timing guy that he was broke up with his girlfriend but in the same time it was not a clear break up. He also needs time to sort up his feelings of his long time relationship. Eun Hee was right to chose a profesional relationship with Gun Joo. They should start slowly, start being friends, knowing each other better and if they will want to try again as romantic partners it`s up to them. But it will be a healthier relationship.

Ji-Woo is still immature. I understand that it is hard to talk to Eun Joo right now about this issue but Instead of talking with Eun Hee or with his mother, he is puting Chan-Hyeok in this awkward position.

Speaking of Chan Hyeok. He kind of admitted that he had feelings for Eun joo. He even said that he enlisted because Eun Hee and Jong Min start dating. It was not clear why he had such a hard time when he battled the typhoon Nari. I hope we`ll find out more informations/ background for Chan Hyeok. And his ex grilfriend sent him a wedding invitation? Yeah... I want to know more about Chan Hyeok.

I don`t know how young barista guy knows so much about Tae-Hyeong. I think he knows Tae Hyeong`s acquaintance (boyfriend) pretty well. I am curious how they are connected. Tae Hyeong was coward to not come and talk with his wife. I am also curious about Eun Joo and Tae Hyeong`s relationship/ marriage. Maybe both of them wanted to marry for other reasons than love but I think they cared about each other. She felt that he was became more and more distant but she still wanted to try to save the marriage anyway. He did not have the courage to confess what is going on. I feel sorry for them. I hope they move on but I know that it take time too. From the preview, things won`t finish smoothly.

I can`t wait to watch the next episode.

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

AM I READING RIGHT? CHAN HYUK SAID HE LIKE EUN JOO NOT EUN HEE?

DAMN it is confirmed guys. Well it is really obvious tho since episode 3.

I hope he can help eun joo through the hardship she gonna fight with.

Yes he did. Ji Woo thought it was Eun Hee but he corrected him. 
Another reveal-   VP Im has actually broken up with the ex but she’s just the one hanging on. Luckily EHee decided that friendship for now 1st . Maybe it’s for the better , as he needs to have clear cut break up . I can warm up to their relationship if it can be shown it wasn’t a rebound . 

But that last scene :ph34r: the barista secretly meeting TH feels like there’s something going on between the two . 

New stills 

Look like we are steam heading into a love triangle between EH, GJ and CH.  But they should not hold on to the ambiguity on who CH likes anymore. yeah seems like this gonna be complicated.... I am surprised writer have used so long time to develop EH and GJ relationship.

Archived