[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

O wow... that twist at the end of episode 3... I can only say I’m glad I don’t have to wait one day for episode 4 but can immediately dive into it now :lol:

The part I love most from ep.3 is when Chan Hyuk and Eun Hee were at the bus stop talking about how little one knows about own family. I think it’s so true that we take for granted what’s close and available for us. I can totally relate, that I know more about my friends than my family just as I know more about other countries than my own home country. This sure is a slap to my face not to take my family for granted. 

Okay, off to watch ep.4 now before backreading this thread. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well dang could tell she was a beard from the start but didn't expect her to find out that way! He's acting from Secret Boutique gave him away lol. But he's wicked especially when hear about the whole starting a family drama and miscarriage.

I'm loving the pace of this drama feel likes we're being bombarded with all this  bits of  info no time to process! . But then again  real life doesn't sit and wait for us to get comfortable before it smacks straight in the face. They have all the pieces of the puzzle but their lack of communication etc...has left them all screwed

ezgif-5-018e90c23bcf.gif

Poor mom , now I understand why she want to graduate from this marriage, she spend year suffocated while  keeping up brave face for the children now they grown up they should understand.

Me I wouldn’t stand  to see his pouting face  I would want to graduate years ago  ;)
ezgif-5-014190261487.gif

So guys, 

After looking at the sub at the drunk scene of ji woo with seo young and chan hyuk there is something interesting right here.

The maknae told chan hyuk that he wont have any feelings for eun hee because they have been friends for a long time and he can see it.

But chan hyuk says how did you know that? Tell me the reason you think like that? *also worth to mention how after maknae talk about eunjoo chan hyuk suddenly acting weirdly lol.

Well thats one and then the flashback of the fallout between jong min and eun hee and seeing eun joo asking chan hyuk for a favor ( and we got to see that he want to give her the wedding photo here but doesnt got the chance to ) 

Damn he is really the one who did all the work to help eun hee get over her relationship with eun joo giving all what to do list.

But it is funny that when chan hyuk and eun hee talking he say 'mr player' everytime mentioning shin dong wook. 

Well i dont even know whether chan hyuk really had feeling to eun hee at all for their friendship or it is just to get closer to eun joo? Maybe thats why when eun hee and jong min had fallout he did everything eun joo ask him for because the one who he got feeling for is eun joo not eun hee. Well gotta be sucks when he knows that she got married lol. 

But now with eun joo husband in some kind of weird chatroom with gay or something. Will oppa come in rescue for eunjoo? 

Let see next week episode

So some things seems to be clarified in ep.4

- CH crush was on EJ, not EH

- barista boy is gay too, his girlfriend in the same chatroom as Peter Yoon? (Why he uses his real name? At least the surname is)

- Dad has another woman after marrying Mom, and probably has a grandchild too, judging from the stickers on his dashboard

- The drifting apart between boss and girlfriend is really only one-sided. He hates her and want out, she is still trying to possess him. 

Real makjang this show... but the premium quality kind :lol:

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So some things seems to be clarified in ep.4

- barista boy is gay too, his girlfriend in the same chatroom as Peter Yoon? (Why he uses his real name? At least the surname is)

- Dad has another woman after marrying Mom, and probably has a grandchild too, judging from the stickers on his dashboard

- The drifting apart between boss and girlfriend is really only one-sided. He hates her and want out, she is still trying to possess him. 

Real makjang this show... but the premium quality kind :lol:

OmG....this is just ep 4 and we already have all this situations. 

I also had the idea maybe the dentist was gay..but to actually confirm it today...was a totall chock. And also angry...I believe that if you are not sure about your sexuality why do you even get married to buy time, decided why..?? This would definetly be a death game for the big sister. Would she divorce, would she go totall crazy and mad..???...next week the real rollecoster stars. 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

barista boy is gay too, his girlfriend in the same chatroom as Peter Yoon? (Why he uses his real name? At least the surname is)

There's a possibility the one that barista has a crush on is Tae Hyung. I noticed he had this unhappy look when he heard that TH had gone off to NZ. So perhaps he knows TH may have gone with his lover. Barista keeping a close tab on EJoo is just him keeping an eye on the "competition":ph34r: 

I agree this is like a sophisticated "makjang family drama"  with lots of filters and breakneck pacing considering how many secrets were unveiled in the last couple of episodes. 

@Ameera Ali Hmm I can definitely understand now why mum felt so suffocated and started building resentment . So it seems dad has cheated and even has a second family. But for some reason I wonder if dad may have only found out he had another child much later in his marriage with mum. He was from Ulsan and his other son Yong Shik was there too. So perhaps he may have gotten someone else pregnant before he met mum, and only found out later.  Just speculating since this writer is keen to give us surprising plot twists every episode.

@joonminfan  @icemaid seems like our hope of oppa having a love line with EHee is not the correct ship to board :lol:...I felt like I was trolled by TVN...it is EJoo that he still has feelings for. It was his sudden reactions each time she is brought up that shows he may not have gotten over the crush.  Honestly I would love to see how this takes off . He and EHee are clearly just the best of friends ( at this moment anyway). He was practically giving her advice on how to leave no traces as a "player" - no hint of jealousy etc. And you won't give this sort of advice to a girl you have feelings for

So I am not sure how closely the writer here would follow the traditional route of having a so called happy ending for everyone. But one thing stuck in my mind a lot . It was this conversation that CH had with EH...

This is the exact problem the family has . Everyone just sweeps everything under the carpet. If anything a happy ending would be one where they  can open up  , express how they feel and stop hiding important things from each other.  Despite the appearance of being a so called typical or normal family,  things are pretty dysfunctional if you ask me.

Also , I still have reservations with EHee and the VP. While I can see interesting chemistry between the actors, the VP seems to lack sincerity in him wanting to be with EHee. This is going to be one heck of an emotional roller coaster for EH  and perhaps this is her growth arc in the drama about finding some self-worth . Though right now it seems that she thinks she has control over how she feels by doing what she wants,  she's going to feel even more insecure and anxious being  the "other woman" .

I thought it would be a realistic slice of life drama, but I now I think it isn't that realistic. I agree this looks like KBS weekend family drama but in 16 eps. So we have the short version here. Haha may be that sophisticated makjang formula is a mixture to make an interesting drama. In just 2 weeks and now we have enough twist already. 

I hate the fact that EH slept with Mr. Player. Why did she do that? He didn't break up with his girlfriend. EH knew how it feels to be cheated by Jungpal. And now she likes a man who already had another woman?  They even just met. Just like CH said, he could be in relationship with third woman, fourth woman, and so on. 

And, whatever Mr. Player reason is, he's clearly isn't respectable to these ladies. 

I keep shipping EH and CH. I keep thinking why CH didn't show jealousy when EH told she slept with Mr. Player. Did CH really super cool man that doesn't feel jealousy. If he likes EH, he should fight for her. But now after watching eps 3, the writer has tricked us!!! So, CH already had feeling for EJ since years ago ??? 

I also already had a hunch that Kim Sang Sik had an affair, since I saw the stickers. EJ isn't his real daughter, and now he has a secret son? Perfect combo.

EJ, TH, Barista relationship is also unpredictable. I keep asking what actually happens. 

Kim Ji Woo yaa, you're the most normal member in your family now. Hahaha

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

-

But I was not surprised to learn that CH had a crush on EJ, but I wonder if he still has feelings for her, now he seems too polite and anxious towards her, apparently baby brother was right  at least currently he does not seem in love with EH despite their proximity, they are great friends,  the writers have told us that we will see a story of friendship turn into a love story between these two best friends, but maybe that will not be the case, because there is so much mess with all these stories
Baby brother, i like this name lol

O. M. G.

Do I need to read up on what this drama is about? I just watched episode 3 and 4. Serves me right. I was in such a chilled out relaxed mood that I wasn't expecting a suspense drama.

I am still rattled. I swear I was tuning in for a drama. Thought there would be a bit of melo. I mean who would have even thought the 9 year girlfriend thing was true? I thought he would have broken up. But then to suggest seeing her. And THEN to hit the episode 3 cliffhanger. I almost died.

And the father? I mean I don't know what I thought but not a 2nd family no. Ok scratch my usual sense they will reoconcile. I feel like the son. My world has turned upside down.

By the time the episode 4 ending came I was numb. I have no idea what drama I have just become addicted to. Well I guess it's good to be kept guessing every week. One can safely say I won't be speculating at all in this drama. I cannot even get over the female lead agreeing to meet this who is two- timing opportunist slimeball.

Geez. Its episode 5 next week right? What in the world bombshell could they release? I am still trying to get over the husband or rather son in law.

Mama mia. Cannot believe my Mon Tue dramas offerings are so different. I have somehow picked up 3 Mon - Tue dramas.

I see that more people are watching and commnenting on this thread. I don`t have time right now to read all the comments or to stay longer on this thread. I will come back later.

Just a quick comment. So Tae-Hyeong is gay after all. The character gave me a very similar vibe with Jung-Hyeok (Kim Tae hoon`s character  in secret Boutique). OK... I fell sorry for both of them , especially for Eun Joo. I don`t see a happy resolution for them.

I don`t see a happy ending for Eun-Hee and her new romance with the boss. At first, I did not jump to criticize Im Gun-Joo that he slept with his employee. Eun-Hee drank but she knew what she was doing. Both were adults and made a decision (not a wise decision). 

But I don`t understand why he entered a new relationship without putting a clear end on the old one. Of course, Eun Hee would fell humiliated when she thought the ex with come to Gun Joo`s place. She knows that it is not right to continue seeing Gun Joo but she is not stopping. In other circumstances, I think they are a compatible couple. Too bad... Life is not easy sometimes.

Never mind I went to look at the title of the drama. Too often the English titles are confusing.  Too right mate I don't know much too and it's not my family luckily. In answering the title of the drama.

아는 건 별로 없지만  means "something I don't know a lot about however" 가족입니다 "it is family"     

Geez. Is CH then supposed to end up with EJ and EJ end up with the VP? And the brother with the girl who has PTSD post assault. And I am throwing the 3rd speculations in.

I sort of answered my own questions.

This drama reminds me of this week my wife's having an affair. People sometimes find it easier to talk openly to stranger and keep their closest one in the dark. Sometimes you find strangers can understand you more, less judgemental or listen better, compared to family, which is understandable because family care about you so much. But at the end of the day strangers are still strangers and those closest to you are the one that will be there even when you're in the pit of fire.

There's more to the dad's "affair". From what i see he loves his wife too much to have an affair after their marriage. The chance is the other woman is from his past (before his marriage to mom) or it's just another misunderstanding.

And Eun Hee should stop deceiving herself into thinking she's doing the right thing by acting on what she thinks she wants ignoring others' feeling or opinion. This attitude may be beneficial elsewhere but not in the relationship with the boss. I believe even when people change, their true personality is still there, for example an introvert can be outgoing in her social life or at work but the introvert side is still there, there will be times when she prefers being alone and spending time for herself. The same goes to Eun Hee, she can't deceive herself into thinking that she'll be fine being the third wheel.

On a side note Eun Hee looked like an avid fan of BTS. Her scene with Ji Woo in the playground singing to BTS' fire is gold. These little light moments are the ones that keep me hopeful that the family will have happy ending.

this is really addicting drama. Maybe this will totally save me from my drama slump.

It funny that everyone in the family things they know each other but actually doesn't know. Everyone has secrets.

EH what are you doing with the Boss? I get I one want to do what you want. But cheating is just really big no for me.  She should wait for the Boss to officially brake off from his gf and then be together with him.

The parents relationship is intresting and complex. How they relationship ended where it is now? 

We have seen that maybe the dad had affair or another woman, then there is YS( who is maybe the dad´s son/probally is), EJ isn't dad's daughter.(who is her father?) Is it the young student that was show in the flasback scenes when mom and dad where young?

8 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

I hate the fact that EH slept with Mr. Player. Why did she do that? He didn't break up with his girlfriend. EH knew how it feels to be cheated by Jungpal. And now she likes a man who already had another woman?  They even just met. Just like CH said, he could be in relationship with third woman, fourth woman, and so on. 

And, whatever Mr. Player reason is, he's clearly isn't respectable to these ladies. 

I keep shipping EH and CH. I keep thinking why CH didn't show jealousy when EH told she slept with Mr. Player. Did CH really super cool man that doesn't feel jealousy. If he likes EH, he should fight for her. But now after watching eps 3, the writer has tricked us!!! So, CH already had feeling for EJ since years ago ??? 

I also already had a hunch that Kim Sang Sik had an affair, since I saw the stickers. EJ isn't his real daughter, and now he has a secret son? Perfect combo.

At the current state, if EH learns that CH had or has feelings for EJ, there is another big argument, I have the impression that we are heading towards that, even if I imagine that EH will probably develop feelings for CH, the opposite I don't know yet
otherwise I am not disappointed that EH slept with her boss, certainly it is clearly not the right thing to do, but i speak in the sense where we have a selfish female lead, who barks and seems normal and not one of these female lead pure à la Kdramaland
for the father I will be very disappointed to learn that he really has another son, after we have been shown that he is so in love, maybe his wife knows it already, and she preferred not to say anything , since he accepted EJ as his daughter.

Why have I felt so many times during this drama like this....?

Spoiler

Curious-baby-gets-a-surprise.gif?v=2

What is this makjang I'm watching? :joy: Just sayin'

The writer keeps throwing curve balls left and right - I decided I'm not going to make any guesses on what's going to happen, if we will get a happy ending or if anyone's going to fall in love.

So me? I will just stick to commenting on how I felt about ep 3 and 4... haha

1) Eun Hee's boss (Gun Joo) is scum. Can we all agree on that? :joy: What kind of guy says in such a matter of fact way to the girl he just slept with that basically he doesn't have the balls to break up with his girlfriend - but let's continue to see each other? I would have kicked the guy between his legs....   :rage::grimace:He's using Eun Hee and her weaknesses for his own gain. I don't see this relationship ending well....

2) Eun Hee doesn't have self-confidence and a sense of self-worth. She lets other people step over her boundaries, because she thinks they have the right to do that. She doesn't even know where her boundaries are, and she feels the need to be accepted by others at all costs. The funny thing is that her sister Eun Joo isn't that different. Eun Joo speaks her mind and is very harsh, but she hasn't been able to set clear boundaries towards her husband either. She was not happy marrying him (we saw that from the pictures), yet she went through with it. Did she feel that she would be accepted and admired if she married a doctor? Seems likely. And she knew something was up, but she didn't have the courage to face him.

It will be interesting to see how she reacts.

I also suspect that Eun Joo deep down might know that her father isn't her biological dad. That would explain her "clingy" relationship to him.

3) Did anyone else tear up watching Eun Hee singing karaoke with her dad ? It was such a heartwarming scene. Eun Hee feels that Eun Joo is favored by her dad, and I think she has suffered from it. It was great to see them take a step closer to each other.

4) How refreshing that Chan Hyuk is in love with Eun Joo. We ALWAYS see best friends of opposite sex fall in love with each other in dramas. How nice if we could get something different this time. ;)

5) So mom and dad actually had a loving marriage at first? I was happy to see that. I like how dad as a 22-year old is trying hard to open the communication lines - that's the only way to start the healing process.

6) Poor Ji Woo, almost aborted, always in the middle. Now he's carrying a secret as well.

Glad that I have almost a week to recover from all these curve balls! :joy:

I liked ep 3 & 4.  Still hoping that each of the main characters end up with happy endings, however they get there.  So far the only couple I'm really shipping is JW and his co-worker.  I hated her in Perfume and so far I am loving her in this!

I had a birthday dinner with my parents in my early 20s where my Mom talked about the option of aborting me (she DID NOT say they ever thought about aborting me at the time...). My parents got married when they were pregnant with me (I'm old enough that that was still shocking,) and she said something to the extent that the only option was to abort me.  I was in shock for some time just hearing that, I really hope Ji Woo never finds out about what his mother almost did....

Archived