[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001192164?lfrom=twitter

FOE episode 12 (September 4th) will be postponed for airing and it will be replaced with a special.

-------

Most watched FOE's clips on tvN YT channel

1. Compilations of BHW and JW scenes from ep 7 

1M views in 5 days :)

2. Ehem.. their bed scene 

845k views soon will break 1M

3. BHS and JW's scenes from episode 5 from first kiss to swimming pool scene

633k views

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

How can we survive next week 1 episode only :( especially if they did a great Cliffhanger something like episode 5 that would be painful to wait for 1 week well that will feel like 1 year man!!

Btw 

isnt it so cute that when do hyun so wanna go out of the apartment but do hye su told him to sit down and listen to her. Do hyun so follow her command like a puppy hahaha. Siblings love indeed. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

Thanks for the info...I didn't know Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped during 2002...Is he like 18 or 20 years old at that time? So Do Hyun Soo and the real Baek Hee Sung are about the same age, right? I'm still figuring out who that accomplice is...Btw, Jung Mi Sook looked drugged when the witness saw her getting away from the vehicle. The accomplice could be anyone at this point. I wonder where in the timeline their mom disappeared...

Do Hyun Soo and Kim Moo Jin are 85ers, so they were 18 in Korean age in 2002, 17 in Western age. Do Hae Soo and Cha Ji Won are a year older. Baek Hee Sung was born in 1982, so he is three years older than Do Hyun Soo. Remember Cha Ji Won asking for DHS's ID in 2006? She was surprised that his ID showed him as 25 because his real age was 22 (or 21 in Western age).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

Many people said that Do Min Seok is a serial killer. For me he is a suspected killer. I am still believe that he was not a psycho. Remember that DHS said that he just realized his father a serial killer from TV news. If DHS was not a killer, then I should believe his father was also the same. His father maybe strict to him, but not to the point of torturing him. They had a very closed father-son relation. I think his father only taught him to overcome DHS behavioral syndrome. I also believe that also other meaning in the Rabbit scene, there was unfinished sentence.

Hmm.. I agree that LJK is very handsome in this drama. His choice of clothes and hair style here is the best compare to his other projects. I was drooling when he used blue shirt in swimming pool scene omo..omo..:fullofhearts:

• Like 11

Do guys really think that the reason Do Hyun Soo was given Baek Hee Song's identity was just because BHS's father became Chief Of Surgery at a university hospital? I mean yes as DO Hyun Soo pointed out that if people come to know about BHS's condition, his father might lose the position, maybe because they would argue that since his son is not a good condition, there so much going on with him and he might not really not be able to handle that position as effectively as someone else would. But I don't really think that is the reason. It feels so lame to me. I don't know about BHS's mother, but his father definitely needs BHS alive for something. Something similar to BHS being actual heir to all the property and not his father (I am not saying this is the case, highly doubt it would be, just giving an example). So I think there is a big reason behind it, something that even DHS does not know about.

Both the old couple are suspicious very much. So much that when we first them being invited to restaurant by Cha Ji Won in Baek Hee Song's birthday, they looked like a psychopathic couple to me. Like a band of psychopaths playing family. Although later on we did come to know that they are quite wealthy, and a reputed family and also not exactly psychopaths. 

I was pretty much sure that DHS was not the accomplice since the start. Actually thought he could have killed the Village Foreman because I thought he must have messed with his sister Do Hae Su. I did also think that he could have covered for her, but placed my bet on him being the murderer. But did anyone else get chills when showed Do Hae Su looking at the village foreman after killing him? She didn't seemed to me shocked, she was too expressionless for someone who is shocked. She just seemed lost in some thoughts.

Also I seriously think that we have seen the accomplice. It's just that we don't know that he is the accomplice. I'll have to rewatch all episodes to confirm this and guess who it is, but having watched a lot of dramas of this category, they always show the main villain and in the final few episodes we come to know "Oh he was the killer!". So we must have already seen the culprit in my opinion. 

Who else sees the death flag on Kim Moo Jin? Like he's definitely not gonna solve the case, get the exclusive, get Hae Su and still be alive, right? Kdrama Gods have always been cruel to characters like this. There are countless examples of it. My prediction is that at least one of the 4 leads (Do Hyun Soo, Do Hae Su, Cha Ji Won and Kim Moo Jin) is gonna die. Also I am expecting the murders to start again. The accomplice (if he is the accomplice, for me he is the main guy and Do Min Seok the accomplice) must have already been provoked by the two copy-cat murders. When the police starting to investigate, we have seen psychopaths start their murders too. But this could also not happen (but I think it would). We might also see Ji Won confronting Hyun Soo and they investigating things together (hopeful for this to happen). 

Right now I am more interested to see how BHS's parents will react and what they'll do to DHS now that the BHS has woken up, than how they'll investigate and catch the killer. They wouldn't just tell him "now that our son is back, give back his identity and live your life like you always wanted". The wife seems to be having anxiety problems, but seems more on towards the human side, than her husband who surely is a shady guy, with a shady old phone in his chamber in hospital. This guy could actually try to deal with DHS, his wife and daughter. 

• Like 9

source: Flower of Evil’: Lee Joongi X Moon Chaewon X Jang Heejin X Seo Hyunwoo having four-way meeting filled with tension, with the truth unveiled

Spoiler

The upcoming episode of tvN’s ‘Flower of Evil’ finally finds Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Jang Heejin, and Seo Hyunwoo gathered around in one place with hidden agendas.
Episode 9, set to air on August 25 (Wed) at 10:50 pm, sees a dangerous four-way meeting take place as Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon) barges in when Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), Do Haesoo (Jang Heejin), and Kim Moojin (Seo Hyunwoo) are secretly working together to catch the accomplice in the Yeonju serial murder case.
In the new stills, Jiwon looks doubtful pointing at the notes written on the glass pane about the guesses the three have made. Because there is nothing that her husband, Haesoo, the serial killer’s daughter, and Moojin, a reporter chasing scoops, have in common, and there is no reason for them to work together.
In fact, Jiwon already knows her husband Heeseong is in fact Do Hyunsoo, suspected accomplice in the Yeonju serial murder case, and that someone else is the real accomplice, but she pretends not to know anything, feeling them out.
Moojin and Haesoo, unaware of this secret, look anxious. Hyunsoo also tries to look calm and hide his nervousness, but there is some awkwardness to the way he behaves. This situation where the characters look like walking on thin ice even makes viewers nervous.
Also, the way Jiwon stares sharply at Hyunsoo adds more tension to the scene. Earlier Hyunsoo came forward with a perfectly calm look on his face; viewers wonder how he will find his way out of this crisis.
Episodes 9 and 10 of ‘Flower of Evil’ will air on August 26 (Wed) and 27 (Thurs) at 10:50 pm as scheduled. Following Episode 11 on September 2 (Wed), however, Episode 12 will be replaced by a special broadcast on September 3 (Thurs).

I understand that it seems they just finish filming the 12th episode and not yet commence the editing.  I wish the cast and the crew well and not to stress out because of the pandemic

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I think i hadnt read about it but whats up with the kids that runaway from home ( in seo ) doing in the shady place? I think it will also connected to the story anyone can tellcme what happen there? Is it connected with the preview?

That kid is upto something. Also that place seems shady af. Even in preview we see Hyun Soo reaching there while investigating about the accomplice of his father. So I think that kid is gonna do something major in the story, otherwise he'd just be arrested by Ji Won and would've got scolded by her and his mother. 

If you wonder who that kid is, he is the one who had fallen down the stairs and accused his father of pushing him. He, since his father and mother divorced is mentally unstable and has got himself into wrong group of people. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

12 hours ago, joybran said:

Do Hyun Soo and Kim Moo Jin are 85ers, so they were 18 in Korean age in 2002, 17 in Western age. Do Hae Soo and Cha Ji Won are a year older. Baek Hee Sung was born in 1982, so he is three years older than Do Hyun Soo. Remember Cha Ji Won asking for DHS's ID in 2006? She was surprised that his ID showed him as 25 because his real age was 22 (or 21 in Western age).

I will keep this in mind...thanks joybran :issohappy:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, prueksa said:

One episode this week? Why? 

No this week will air 2 episodes as usual. Its next week that they will air one episode and a special.

Source: “Flower Of Evil” Director Reveals What To Look Forward To In Second Half Of Drama

“Flower Of Evil” Director Reveals What To Look Forward To In Second Half Of Drama

Spoiler

tvN’s “Flower of Evil” has revealed what viewers can look forward to in the second half of the drama.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

On the second half of the drama, director Kim Cheol Kyu said, “Starting from episode 9, the core of the case and the core of the characters’ emotions will begin to collide and intersect. I think viewers will be able to enjoy the drama even more as they tune in to see how the serial killer case and the romance between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won play out and how, instead of destroying each other, they actually create a synergistic energy for a great conclusion.”

This week’s episodes of “Flower of Evil” will air as scheduled on August 26 and 27 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Next week, “Flower of Evil” only airs on Wednesday, September 2, and Thursday’s episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

It's Flower of Evil Day! :D

Are we ready for episode 9?

Always ready!!! Actually, I can't watch it till tomorrow on Viki (and probably not sub yet), however we have @jeonghyang here :D

And JG will be on Insta Live at 8:50pm tonight !!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Married/Cohabitors people in the house.Can you relate to this?You know it is finished when a woman turns her back on you in bed.

He had to beg her to turn around and face him while she sleep:D.

aeda905c6907d91155a14cba0f4eaa9118dbffa6

At least she is polite to turn around.Look at the gap between them:D.Two Baek Eun Ha's can fit there.In the early episodes before all the drama she was cuddling and caressing him very easily.Now She cant even touch him back:D

79edfb8533e26382e4ed8bb97e25a6eda4e9b51f

And look at her eyes here, she looks like she wants to murder him

1ebf9cf8e435a5e987c8bfa70f1d96bbdb3fcfd9

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

I honestly wonder what her exact plan is? :DJi Won is really a mystery as well.

She can be ruthless.I would say she is more hardcore than DHS in a way. DHS has violent tendencies because of trauma and his mental issues. Ji Won doesnt have that but you can see what she is capable of when she is angry. I think its this aspect of her personality that makes her a great detective and why she was put in violent crimes team.I am not saying she is bad.Everyone has bright and dark

traits in their personalities. Both to me are important.They have already shown us glimpses of her dark side here. See below:

Ep 2 (The social worker case)

d74fd9aa7cccea9f9ff72d74e3778b398eda5080

149f205a061437bc7a688b05e4e653f1c3793460

Ep 7 (The basement scene)

She took him to the place that triggers his trauma, play the voice recording and was even ready to put some bullet holes in him if need be

a0efb0c4258bd6c47c67b7676b31dff74b4ac2f2.png

Spoiler

9322340d01589082f2333ed9912bb0ce997a1cec

a1708fa505193ab7a77efc53d9482d3d46f5f762

I wonder if we will get a happy ending.

I have hope we will..look at what the director said today:

Spoiler

Director Kim Cheol Kyu said, “Starting from episode 9, the core of the case and the core of the characters’ emotions will begin to collide and intersect. I think viewers will be able to enjoy the drama even more as they tune in to see how the serial killer case and the romance between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won play out and how, instead of destroying each other, they actually create a synergistic energy for a great conclusion.”

I remember during the promos JG and MCW were asked what flower of evil represented to tem.JG said love and truth. MCW said salvation. I dont see how love, truth and salvation can come out of a sad ending. Maybe it will be an open ending like Innocent Man/Nice Guy or Two Weeks drama.I dont want an open ending though.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, violina said:
Spoiler

tvN’s “Flower of Evil” has revealed what viewers can look forward to in the second half of the drama.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

On the second half of the drama, director Kim Cheol Kyu said, “Starting from episode 9, the core of the case and the core of the characters’ emotions will begin to collide and intersect. I think viewers will be able to enjoy the drama even more as they tune in to see how the serial killer case and the romance between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won play out and how, instead of destroying each other, they actually create a synergistic energy for a great conclusion.”

This week’s episodes of “Flower of Evil” will air as scheduled on August 26 and 27 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Next week, “Flower of Evil” only airs on Wednesday, September 2, and Thursday’s episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

@Jillia, it can only be happy ending, right? I dont want an opening ending either...
  • Like 3