[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 8/22/2020 at 10:01 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Hae Su, I believe, will serve as the medium between Ji Won and Hyun Su. She knows his brother better than he knows himself, as she is able to tell that he has changed. 

On 8/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, an-naum said:

KMJ can have the sister as his, right? He seems like a good guy now. She needs love.

Ok can we talk about Hae Su and Hyun Su reunion...The feels:crymeme: I need a happy ending for her too.She has suffered alot.

830228aeb8c8368690572c28d7c23cd3397b3351

6e5ec00491458b787d3877e1207ef684d9757a03

7111080836421311c7596b6265694b1fb6011451

• Like 9

Moon Chae Won (Cha Ji Won) message about her bond with the adorable Seo Yeon (Baek Eun Ha) 

Spoiler

"Seo Yeon is so cute. She made the folded color paper thing where she wrote our actual names and character names. She gifted me those to express her feelings. So when Seo Yeon approached me first I felt grateful and thought she's so cute." ~ Moon Chae Won

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I am just now watching ep 7 and will immediately watch ep 8 after and it is soooo good! I want him to admit it to his wife already tho. And for her to tell him that she knows the truth but I am enjoying the angst lol. I can’t wait until they team up though. 

I just finished ep 8 and ohhhh the real guy woke up and sigh about the misunderstanding between our OTP. I do think he does love her but just doesn’t recognize or admit it with words. She is trying to rebuild trust that was lost but until he starts telling her the truth, that is gonna be their contention point. Can’t wait until the new episodes! 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 9

TV productions halt filming of dramas, shows as precautionary step against coronavirus

SEOUL, Aug. 24 (Yonhap) -- South Korean TV studios and broadcasters halted productions of dramas and shows for about a week Monday amid the nationwide struggle to deal with a resurgence in novel coronavirus infections.

Studio Dragon, a drama production company owned by entertainment giant CJ ENM, suspended drama filming on the day.

"For the safety of cast and staff members of our productions, we will stop shooting of all shows from Aug. 24-31," it said in a statement Saturday. "Several dramas will be affected by the suspension."

It said the thrillers "The Flower of Evil" of tvN and "Missing: The Other Side" of OCN are subject to the temporary stoppage.

Starring Lee Joon-gi, the 16-episode "The Flower of Evil" is set to air its ninth episode Wednesday, while the 10-episode "Missing" will premiere this Saturday.

This combined image provided by tvN shows posters of "The Flower of Evil." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

This combined image provided by tvN shows posters of "The Flower of Evil." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

hide caption

But the second season of the crime opera "Stranger," which has been airing since Aug. 15, and the upcoming romance "Record of Youth," set to premiere Sept. 7 will be broadcast as scheduled as they have completed filming already, Studio Dragon added.

CJ ENM, meanwhile, said some of its productions like the reality show "Hometown Flex" and the live music show "M Countdown" will also have a one-week break starting this week.

Earlier, KBS decided to suspend drama productions for a week as part of its efforts to prevent further COVID-19 infections.

Five TV dramas, including the upcoming romantic comedy "Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol" to be first aired this Wednesday, will be put on hold.

KBS said the production halt can be extended if the COVID-19 pandemic continues further.

Global media giant Netflix has also joined the move, suspending productions of its Korean original content like "Round Six" and "All of Us Are Dead."

It said it made the decision to comply with the South Korean government's social distancing guidelines and secure the safety of its film crew.

The industrywide move came as the recent spike in coronavirus cases in South Korea has swept the entertainment circle. The country has reported around 300 confirmed cases per day for about a week, most of which were from cluster infections linked to churches.

The filming of the fantasy romantic comedy "To All The Guys Who Loved Me" on KBS has been halted since an extra was confirmed to have contracted the virus last week.

And two actors, Kim Won-hae and Heo Dong-won, starring in the same theatrical play with the infected background actor, have tested positive for COVID-19.

As a result, several actors and actresses who have directly or indirectly come in contact with the patients have been tested or are under self-quarantine, affecting productions of TV series and shows.

Source: Yonhap news agency

The summary, filming has been put on hold for a week but episode 9 will still air as usual according to this article.

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, violina said:

TV productions halt filming of dramas, shows as precautionary step against coronavirus

Noooooooo they're gonna delay some episodes. The wait was already tortuous enough :crymeme:

I agree with y'all i will take emotionless Hyun Su minus all the legal troubles as a husband over regular useless men :rolleyes: However i think Hyun Su actually loves her. He's probably gonna realize that when she drop him after arresting the accomplice.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, lightbringer06 said:

I wanna think that's just it, that the fear of losing his "now" makes him hurt. I don't want to think the writer deliberately put it there for another angst we actually don't need right now. And not some kind of repercussions of his car accident before.

Didn't Hyun Su suffer from a heart attack after getting drawn in the pool by the Taxi's driver? Maybe that's why he has heart problems now.

the accomplice number is connected to the job agency...?

Oh  i didn't notice that. They should've highlighted this for my RickRoll'D :ph34r: Anyway i think the accomplice is BHS. He isn't lying in bed the whole drama for nothing haha. That's must be his way to relieve the stress he gets from solving math problems all day.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

We can only hope they won't delay episodes but in the end we can't do much about it other than continue supporting the drama! :D

Agree. The safety and health of the cast and crew is the top priority.Fighting everyone!:hooray: .

..............................................................................................................................................

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s ‘Flower of Evil’: Reason for gaining momentum?

0003787002_001_20200824104603930.jpg?typ

Nam Kiae, Son Jonghak, and Kim Jihoon are behind a powerful plotline of mystery in ‘Flower of Evil.’

With Episode 8 peaking at 5.3% among Seoul households, the highest rating of the series, tvN’s Wed/Thurs drama ‘Flower of Evil’ is gaining momentum by word of mouth.
Th drama has also seen a boost in buzz, as Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon, whose stellar performances help create an outstanding ‘marriage suspense melodrama,’ ranked at #1 and #3 on the Most Buzzworthy TV Drama Actors chart for the 2nd week of August, 2020, released by Good Data Corporation.

Since becoming the prime suspect in the ‘Gagyeongri village head murder case’ 15 years ago, Do Hyunsoo had lived as a fugitive and got hit by the car Baek Heeseong was driving, losing consciousness. When he woke up, it was the driver, Heeseong, who was in a coma. Driven by the desire to maintain his reputation, Baek Manwoo treated his own son’s condition as an embarrassment, and suggested Do Hyunsoo swap identities with Heeseong.

Viewers are curious as to why Heeseong, who actually hit Do Hyunsoo with his car, fell into a coma, and what secrets Manwoo and Mija are hiding.

Kim Jihoon, who plays Baek Heeseong, made a powerful appearance as he slowly opens his eyes after his ventilator has been taken off. The ‘fake Baek Heeseong’ wants to live as Baek Heeseong, not as Do Hyunsoo, and the ‘real Baek Heeseong’ wakes up after 15 years. Guessing what will happen between these two Heeseong got viewers’ hearts pounding.

Flower of Evil airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 p.m.

Source: 1

• Like 8

I don't think they will delay episodes. They had already shot around 11-12 episodes before the drama even started airing as far as I have heard. I'm sure they will release the episodes as planned. Moreover even if they delay it, it's better than any any of the actors or staff getting infected.

• Like 5

Anybody want to do a timeline of DHS@BHS life? 

I might lost somewhere between him runanaway from the murder of foreman during his teenager to him working in the restaurant. What name did he used? If he used DHS does it ring a bell since he was a wanted teenager? 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, an-naum said:

I might lost somewhere between him runanaway from the murder of foreman during his teenager to him working in the restaurant. What name did he used? If he used DHS does it ring a bell since he was a wanted teenager? 

After DHS ran away from the village he worked at the restaurant for sometime with his real identity. Maybe the restaurant owner wasn't aware of Do Min Seok's serial killings and his son just like DHS's roommate who found out about it later. It's a different story if the restaurant owner has some secret or was related to the murders. Then he got into a car accident and BMW gave him his son's identity. With that new identity he met Jiwon later. Between the murder of village foreman and him taking Baek Hee Sung's identity there is only 3-4 years of difference. I don't think anything particular happened during that time expect him working at the restaurant.

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Why did the restaurant owner show up at the shrine? Who told him to meet Cha Ji Won there? She expected him at the workshop of Do Min Seok. Does the restaurant owner pretend he was called there? Or did someone tell him to go there? But then who could it be when Cha Ji Won didn't tell anyone about her own investigation?

I can answer this one. Cha Ji Won asked the restaurant owner to meet her at the shrine. Remember, the scene was cut before she told him what she wanted. She lied to her husband about him coming to the workshop because she wanted to push Baek Hee Seung into admitting that he was Do Hyun Soo. She never wanted the restaurant owner to actually identify her husband. By sending him to the shrine, she could have that phone conversation about him arriving soon.

It was very clever the way the story made it look like the restaurant owner was on his way to the workshop right up until the moment he appeared at the shrine. It increased the tension for the audience as well as for Do Hyun Soo.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, an-naum said:

I've been interested in the timeline from when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped in May 11, 2002. At that time DHS was on very good terms with his father.

I don't know how long it was before Do Min Seok's suicide, if it was a suicide.

Apparently, nobody knew about the serial killings at the time of the funeral.

I don't know how long it was before DHS and his sister heard on TV that their father was a serial killer.

I don't know how long it was before KMJ broke up with Do Hae Soo and started bullying DHS. It seems like the exorcisms started right after the stoning incident at the tree.

It was three months after Do Min Seok's death that Do Hae Soo killed the village head and DHS took the blame and ran away. That was in the summer of 2002.

I'm not sure how long it was between that and DHS getting the job at the restaurant. That must have been the time when he was on the street, joined a gang, and beat people up as he told CJW. It couldn't have been more than a few months because he started living with Nam Soon Gil in the fall of 2002.

Apparently, it is really hard to "launder" an identity in Korea, so DHS had to use his own name but without identity documents, which is why the restaurant owner was paying him low wages in cash.

It was the summer of 2005 that Nam Soon Gil tried to kill him and he was hit by Baek Hee Seung's car. 

DHS didn't meet CJW until the summer of 2006. I'm curious about what happened during that year and how he went from laundering his identity to moving into her neighborhood.

Their first kiss was in the spring of 2008 and, according to Gong Mi Ja, they didn't get married until 2015 when CJW was pregnant with BEH. That year was also when they bought the house.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

Back to Hyun Su and Cha Ji Won topic

On 8/23/2020 at 11:47 AM, H0ney said:

What he sees about himself is someone who need a new identity to be able to keep his marriage and his family. I hope that because CJW said she can see what he can not see about himself then she will help him to see that as DHS, he is also can keep his marriage and his family.

This conversation was heartbreaking when you watch it but it got me thinking.She disguised it as frustration because of work but it was about everything to do with their relationship:

BHS: What is wrong?

CJW: Work is a little difficult.Its just one of those times.I started it because I liked it, and I held on because I liked it.But I cant receive that in return, Should I give up?Should I stop?

BHS: Quit, if its hard.

CJW: Its easy to answer that because its someone else's problem.

BHS: I'm saying you shouldn't live a difficult life. Just live as your true self.

CJW: What's my true self?

BHS:

Spoiler

18da208d0cbee60f2b44c34214bcfebbb5ddc76e

CJW: And is easy to deceive. I am quite naive.

BHS: You? Thats impossible.

Also this:

hope she will be consistent to what she said when she dates him at the beginning 'I can see what you can not see about you.' (I forget the exact sentence) and what she always says along the series that she is a person who believes what she sees, when she digs about her husband.

12c51b000aa83683656a0144740d4b1b782b278b

c1ba24f4111fdd2e1825cb751520c3642d7ac59e

25c03b0e392a72cb56e9be8db59e1e2129e665f3

With all I have written and quoted above.I come to your conclusion as well:

I hope she will be consistent to what she said when she dates him at the beginning 'I can see what you can not see about you.' (I forget the exact sentence) and what she always says along the series that she is a person who believes what she sees, when she digs about her husband. Because despite that he keeps secret from her, about his background, he still shows what is love to his family. 

If CJW leaves him in this stage then I would be so disappointed in her and her words. 

Let me believe you CJW when you said everything you said to BHS ^_*

Its sad but completely understandable if she left.When trust is broken, its not impossible but its hard to rebuild it. I am rooting for them till the end though:lol:.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

I think the marriage will be annulled. After all the real BHS didn’t give the consent for the marriage, so how could the marriage be valid? And CJW didn’t want to marry the real BSH, so there’s no way the marriage would be valid. As for Eun Ha, her biological father is DHS, so the Baek family doesn’t have any rights for her guardianship.

I’m very curious how they’re going to figure out the legal stuff. I’ve been watching k-dramas for over 10 years and FOE has definitely one of the most intriguing storylines I’ve came across. I’m curious how is DHS going to prove his feelings to CJW if she thinks he never loved her. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I don't think they will delay episodes. They had already shot around 11-12 episodes before the drama even started airing as far as I have heard. I'm sure they will release the episodes as planned. Moreover even if they delay it, it's better than any any of the actors or staff getting infected.

I agree, I know that they just got the scripts for the last episode.  I think they'll postpone the 13th-14th episodes 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joybran said:

I've been interested in the timeline from when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped in May 11, 2002. At that time DHS was on very good terms with his father.

I don't know how long it was before Do Min Seok's suicide, if it was a suicide.

Apparently, nobody knew about the serial killings at the time of the funeral.

I don't know how long it was before DHS and his sister heard on TV that their father was a serial killer.

I don't know how long it was before KMJ broke up with Do Hae Soo and started bullying DHS. It seems like the exorcisms started right after the stoning incident at the tree.

It was three months after Do Min Seok's death that Do Hae Soo killed the village head and DHS took the blame and ran away. That was in the summer of 2002.

I'm not sure how long it was between that and DHS getting the job at the restaurant. That must have been the time when he was on the street, joined a gang, and beat people up as he told CJW. It couldn't have been more than a few months because he started living with Nam Soon Gil in the fall of 2002.

Apparently, it is really hard to "launder" an identity in Korea, so DHS had to use his own name but without identity documents, which is why the restaurant owner was paying him low wages in cash.

It was the summer of 2005 that Nam Soon Gil tried to kill him and he was hit by Baek Hee Seung's car. 

DHS didn't meet CJW until the summer of 2006. I'm curious about what happened during that year and how he went from laundering his identity to moving into her neighborhood.

Their first kiss was in the spring of 2008 and, according to Gong Mi Ja, they didn't get married until 2015 when CJW was pregnant with BEH. That year was also when they bought the house.

Thanks for the info...I didn't know Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped during 2002...Is he like 18 or 20 years old at that time? So Do Hyun Soo and the real Baek Hee Sung are about the same age, right? I'm still figuring out who that accomplice is...Btw, Jung Mi Sook looked drugged when the witness saw her getting away from the vehicle. The accomplice could be anyone at this point. I wonder where in the timeline their mom disappeared...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, H0ney said:

I am curious.. if DHS can not feel about love then is it mean he can not feel what is jealous? He can not be jealous if someone else likes his wife? 

Well we saw him being sort of jealous when it came to his tape player. It might sound bad, but I would imagine his reaction to somebody trying to chat JW up would be similar or worse.

I am also curious as to how he is going to react when JW tells him she is planning to leave him. I wonder will she let him know she is aware of his real identity or will she come up with some random reason. 

Edited by Romance Tag
  • Like 4