[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

3 minutes ago, roli said:

Just one question....do you know how many episodes are in this season of penthouse..???

Are we done yet..???

This is getting silly...

2 people died this episode (okay one don't know yet, one is certain)

Thank goddddddd next episode is the last!!!

Seems KSO want to continue her TLE -esque bittersweet finale, but how the story get here is utterly ridiculous!!!

• Like 2

KSY definitely got the highest pay among the cast. I thought CSJ will be K.O. before JDT but I'm not complaining. As the last villain standing, she finally can own all the spotlight!

Spoiler

So HYC died. Tbh it wasn't really a surprise cuz HEB was wearing funeral clothing in the preview, so I kinda guessed it.

If SSR was drowned to death, the show will receive a lot of backlash as it would upset a lot of viewers. She'll probably survive somehow since she's the main protagonist. Unfortunately, OYH did not have the luck of a main protagonist eventhough they both fell from the same cliff.

KSO really fooled us into believing she would somehow revive OYH knowing that she lost the trust from her viewers from the previous characters "deaths". If OYH didn't appear in episode 14, I demand an explaination on why the news reported that there were no injuries, when her leg was clearly injured. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 12:40 AM, Marshi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dante - done

Yoon Chul - done

Dong Pil - done

Seojin - Ongoing, i hope she really going crazy instead on dying

Junki - Missing in action or we can conclude he is alive

Spoiler

Ok, Yun Chul died...:unamused::astonished:

1 minute ago, Secretz said:

KSY definitely got the highest pay among the cast. I thought CSJ will be K.O. before JDT but I'm not complaining. As the last villain standing, she finally can own all the spotlight!

Hide contents

So HYC died. Tbh it wasn't really a surprise cuz HEB was wearing funeral clothing in the preview, so I kinda guessed it.

If SSR actually was drowned to death, the show will receive a lot of backlash as it would upset a lot of viewers. She'll probably survive somehow since she's the main protagonist. Unfortunately, OYH did not have the luck of a main protagonist eventhough they both fell from the same cliff.

KSO really just played us by tricking us into believing she would somehow revive OYH knowing that she lost the trust from her viewers from the previous characters "deaths". If OYH didn't appear in episode 14, I demand an explaination on why the news reported that there were no injuries, when her leg was clearly injured. 

Spoiler

The ending seems suspicious...SSR like intentionally fall in front of police and the reaction of CSJ kinda looks very surprised on whats happened...hahahhah

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

@TheQueenReturns I am fuming at how she did Oh Yoonhee. She could've killed off anyone else. But OH YOONHEE??? Eugene is the one of the reasons why people even started watching Penthouse! People dropped the show when she died and ratings fell! What the hell???

There has to be some kind of behind the scene story why they killed off Oh Yoon-Hee. It is possible that Eugene had to leave the drama and they didn't want to make another scenario similar to Last Empress where Choi Jin-Hyuk left the show and they couldn't give him the proper closer. 

26 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

@TheQueenReturns I am fuming at how she did Oh Yoonhee. She could've killed off anyone else. But OH YOONHEE??? Eugene is the one of the reasons why people even started watching Penthouse! People dropped the show when she died and ratings fell! What the hell???

Eugene was like...Extension? What? You play too much. Then we see her character get the true death. I am craY cray over Eugene like I am Lee Ming Jung and Jung Nara. The only reason I am not acting psychotic right now is because she burnt me with The Last Empress and therefore I just maintained a lowkey watch FF 4 episodes a season and all Previews.

Edited by TheQueenReturns

8 minutes ago, LD Lee said:

It is possible that Eugene had to leave the drama and they didn't want to make another scenario similar to Last Empress where Choi Jin-Hyuk left the show and they couldn't give him the proper closer. 

But there's gaps within her death. I feel like the writers were gonna bring her back but they may have changed their minds. That's the only explanation for the broken leg/no major injuries theory.

The way her death was written was horrible. And her character was completely wasted.

4 minutes ago, TheQueenReturns said:

Eugene was like...Extension? What? You play too much. Then we see her character get the true death. I am craY cray over Eugene like I am Lee Ming Jung and Jung Nara

Lol. Idk if I can keep watching Penthouse anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

But there's gaps within her death. I feel like the writers were gonna bring her back but they may have changed their minds. That's the only explanation for the broken leg/no major injuries theory.

The way her death was written was horrible. And her character was completely wasted.

Lol. Idk if I can keep watching Penthouse anymore.

I did notice a lot of plot that was involved OYH were suddenly dropped. Like for example, the 10 billion dollar check. They never mentioned that again. 

But this drama is consistent about dead characters. SSR, Bae Rona, Logan Lee all died but they never showed their dead corpse. They later came back. Characters that showed their dead corpse stayed dead such as MSA and OYH.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LD Lee said:

Like for example, the 10 billion dollar check. They never mentioned that again. 

But this drama is consistent about dead characters. SSR, Bae Rona, Logan Lee all died but they never showed their dead corpse. They later came back. Characters that showed their dead corpse stayed dead such as MSA and OYH.

But OYH's corpse had no broken leg and it was reported. Secondly, killing off a main character is rare in most dramas.

2 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Secondly, killing off a main character is rare in most dramas.

Which is the reason I believe Eugene decided to leave the drama. Who knows really.

In the teaser, we do hear SSR say "I have to meet someone, do you want to come along, Logan?" so there's still a possibility that we might see OYH again.

BTW, I think SSR survived the fall. They show her with short hair driving a car.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshi said:

The additional 2 episode seems to be waste...:sleepy:

I think the additional 14 episodes seems to be a waste. The series had a happy ending at the end of season 2. The people who were involved in MSA's murder was sent to prison, SSR reunited with her kids and was going to get engaged to Logan, OYH found out that her daughter was alive, and Bae Rona started to get closer with both Ju Twins.  

----

Also, SBS and PD are getting criticized for putting up real life footage of an actual building collapse that happened recently. The rubble that they are pretending that it's Hera Palace was actually from a real life fallen building that killed 9 people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LD Lee said:

I think the additional 14 episodes seems to be a waste. The series had a happy ending at the end of season 2. The people who were involved in MSA's murder was sent to prison, SSR reunited with her kids and was going to get engaged to Logan, OYH found out that her daughter was alive, and Bae Rona started to get closer with both Ju Twins.  

----

Also, SBS and PD are getting criticized for putting up real life footage of an actual building collapse that happened recently. The rubble that they are pretending that it's Hera Palace was actually from a real life fallen building that killed 9 people.

The writer can make much more better storyline but she might have run out of ideas... hope she get a good therapy treatment after this drama all done...because her mind seems terribly messed up...:kaching1:

• LOL 2