[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

17 minutes ago, Jeannie said:

I’m sad this ending was sad. 

Hide contents

Did the main couple really die and went to the afterlife? 

YES, the ending is not special, but quite consistent

i wait for rating for this final episode:)

I have the impression that in season 2, they wanted to make a love triangle rona eubyol and Seokhoon but they quickly abandoned this idea lol

I'm just disappointed that in the end Rona and Eunbyoel won't have a sibling relationship after all that has happened:weary:

People are a little confused, Dantae is not alive, just the actor playing him who has yet to play another BUT SMALL role as a reminder in this final episode 

It is obvious that the writer had not imagined the end so, the character of Logan became very beloved by the public;)

KIM SO YEON BEST ACTRESS, i love her last little song performance, i'm cry for this, beautiful:bawling:

• Like 3

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

The ending in some ways sets up a spin-off drama that involves Ju Seok-Kyung, Bae Rona, and Ha Eun-Byeol as the main characters if SBS and the writer ever decides to continue their story. They can even bring back Mari and make her become the guardian/mother.    

Ju Seok-Kyung seems to become the feisty protagonist that you see K-dramas. I could see the main story resolving around her. I mean, there is a scene where she feeds a homeless person and he asks if she has ate and she looks surprised. It's like they are teasing a new story for her.

• Like 1

what a terrible ending, unnecessary to kill off most adults that mattered. I hope this is truly the end. I hope to see the actors that play Seo Kyung, Jenny that is Han Ji Hyun and Jin Ji Hee in different dramas, I am sure Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Um Ki Joon will not run out of offers and I do hope they pick something better for their next. For all the focus on Ro-na's happy ending, she was by far the weakest amongst the younger cast. Kim Young Dae already is booked and so is Park Eun Seok. I am glad this is over and I hope this show is not resurrected.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I could see SBS bring back this series in a couple of years with the young cast and Shin Eun-Kyung  coming back. I really could.   

---

In my mind, this drama ended at Season 2 Episode 12. OYH committed suicide jumping off a bridge and SSR looks out the window after reading the letter.  

Yes, it's sad but the villains that committed crimes against MSA got punished, SSR is back alive and reunited with her kids. That's all that it matters to me.   

• Like 3

... What a show. What a show.

I have been following Penthouse: War in Life, from the beginning. The title is very fitting considering the amount of deaths in it. I do feel like the characters should've had a happy ending. Part of me still feels like the characters should have and could have stayed alive up to the end. The comments and the Soompi posts for the previous seasons were very entertaining and encouraged me to keep watching, along with the theories that either came true or did not come true (Yoonhee's comeback???) I actually began to like Logan towards the end, as well as Seokhoon and even Minhyuk (yes, I still believe he's canonically gay or even bisexual. Fanfic writers, start writing spinoffs!) The 3 women (SR, YH, and SJ) reminded me of Once Upon A Time, Seojin being Regina, Suryeon being Emma (I guess?), and Yoonhee possibly being Zelena. Or even Cora. I feel like Mari could've had a bigger role. 

There are some unanswered questions:
What happened to Dongpil? 
What's Kyujin's life gonna be like now?
How will Mari and Sang-Ah mend their friendship? Will Mari ever tell her about the kiss she shared with Kyujin?
Could Yoonhee still come back?
What about Rona and Seokhoon? And Seok-kyung, who's now living a humble life? (I think this is a fitting end for her.)
And what about the real Joo Dantae??? Will he ever return?

I really did enjoy this show, a lot. No matter how nonsensical it got towards the end, it was enjoyable. The actors made it enjoyable, the viewers, and the plot twists made the show better to watch. I even got my sister to watch it with me and it became a bonding experience between us. She now watches k-dramas too. My friend in California even watched it as well. 

I will always love this show and it set the bar high for me. This is an example of an excellent show. I hope they add it onto Netflix or even Hulu someday. Perhaps there may be a spinoff or a season 4. 

Goodbye, Penthouse. Goodbye, Penthouse Detectives and Residents. This show was a treasure. I'll be supporting the actors in their next projects and I hope to see you all around in other Soompi drama topics! 

Fun fact: I have the same birthday as Eugene, March 3rd. 

We'll always love you, Penthouse! Thank you Kim Soon-ok for making such a great drama! (Even if the ending was tragic.) Thank you Penthouse actors and staff! Rest well and take care of yourselves. We all loved (and hated) the Penthouse characters. Penthouse will become one of the best Korean dramas in history, a masterpiece.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Wow.

I'm speechless.

It's certainly been a crazy rollercoaster ride. What started off as a normal drama turned into a three season extravaganza, with weekly plot twists, amazing cinematography, world class interior decor, some of the best acting I've ever seen and a journey that exceeded my expectations. I felt every emotion with this drama, I've cried many Logryeon tears, cheered for way too many deaths lol, and marvelled at the creative turns over the past almost year. Despite the outlandish and at times ridiculous plots, this IS the drama of the year for me, I don't think anything is ever going to beat the insanity of Penthouse: War in Life. I can't say I'm happy about my favourite people dying in the show but at the same time, it added to the creative nature of the show and it wouldn't be Penthouse without it. A tour de force, a true gem.

Hats off to the cast, crew, production teams, and SBS for allowing this masterpiece to grace our screens. 

Penthouse set a new standard for kdramas and will always be, just like the penthouse suite, unreachable!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

what a terrible ending, unnecessary to kill off most adults that mattered. I hope this is truly the end. I hope to see the actors that play Seo Kyung, Jenny that is Han Ji Hyun and Jin Ji Hee in different dramas, I am sure Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Um Ki Joon will not run out of offers and I do hope they pick something better for their next. For all the focus on Ro-na's happy ending, she was by far the weakest amongst the younger cast. Kim Young Dae already is booked and so is Park Eun Seok. I am glad this is over and I hope this show is not resurrected.

PES got another project? May u share the source or what is his next project? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

There are some unanswered questions:

What about Rona and Seokhoon? And Seok-kyung, who's now living a humble life? (I think this is a fitting end for her.)

Seok-Kyung is now basically what a main female lead looks like in stereotypical K-drama. If SBS and the writer wanted to, they can create a spin-off and make her the main lead and base the story around her. Being the daughter of terrorist and criminal, there are people that are going to look for her. 

Rona and Seok-Hoon are like celebrities now. It looks to me like Seok-Kyung doesn't want help from her brother. Which I understand. 

It's also odd that they showed Jin Boong-Hong in this episode. What's her story? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LD Lee said:

The ending in some ways sets up a spin-off drama that involves Ju Seok-Kyung, Bae Rona, and Ha Eun-Byeol as the main characters if SBS and the writer ever decides to continue their story. They can even bring back Mari and make her become the guardian/mother.    

Ju Seok-Kyung seems to become the feisty protagonist that you see K-dramas. I could see the main story resolving around her. I mean, there is a scene where she feeds a homeless person and he asks if she has ate and she looks surprised. It's like they are teasing a new story for her.

I came here to ask if JDT had survived.  Again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LightFurie111 said:

The ending is just ...incredible, it's obvious that KSO read all criticism (including the fake death criticism ) and decided to choose the extreme route aka. killing all the main characters

And keeping the young characters alive, just in case SBS and KSO makes a spin-off series someday. 

• Like 1