[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

6 minutes ago, Marshi said:

From what i watch its not SSR father  doing...its real JDT father... Her father has nothing to do with it...

Maybe I need to rewatch that scene because I thought it was both of them. That land belonged to SSR father so I assumed he was part of the whole deal somehow. 

• Like 1

Just now, youactlikeicare said:

Maybe I need to rewatch that scene because I thought it was both of them. That land belonged to SSR father so I assumed he was part of the whole deal somehow. 

Yes there is the line that real JDT father asked the bulldozer driver to keep it secret from Simoon Construction chairman which is SSR father...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just noting that CSJ’s cleaning staff must absolutely suck if they can’t pick up a loose recording device placed behind a frame exactly when BJK moved in. At least the head housekeeper should have asked CSJ about it. :scream:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Just noting that CSJ’s cleaning staff must absolutely suck if they can’t pick up a loose recording device placed behind a frame exactly when BJK moved in. At least the head housekeeper should have asked CSJ about it.

This kind of thing's will happen ONLY on Penthouse drama.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Just noting that CSJ’s cleaning staff must absolutely suck if they can’t pick up a loose recording device placed behind a frame exactly when BJK moved in. At least the head housekeeper should have asked CSJ about it. :scream:

This is considering as small loop hole in Penthouse... soo many scene like this we still wondering until today could not be answer...:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

So they are some spoilers someone will become the new prima donna 

Spoiler

Rona is the new prima donna, and seokroon is here too, maybe they are married, happy ending, seems some years later

Seokkyung is a teacher vocalist

Poor eunbyol, seems she will die, she was not on the picture with the other young of hera club, someone said maybe she just isn't on this scene but I doubt it Seojin has to pay for all the wrong she did

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I found an article about the writer Kim Sun-Ok's "cliches" that I thought was interesting:

https://namu.wiki/w/김순옥/평가

(4) Cliches

1. Key character's death leads to brutal revenge at the end of story. ("Jang Bo-Ri is Here!" is an exception)

2. Lead characters tend to be female.

3. Biological parent and child know each other but do not recognize each other. They only recognize each other after great conflict. Sometimes one of them dies.

4. Tragedy involving fire or car accident is always included.

5. There is always at least one terrible ("makjang") parent. (In "Penthouse," Ju Dan Tae and Cheon Seo Jin)

6. Usually about 3 "evil villains" in every drama she writes.

7. A character with the surname "Gu" always plays an important role. (Gu Ho-Dong was the name Logan Lee used.)

8. There is always a good parent, but that parent is usually not blood-related to the child.

9. In each of her successive projects, her villains get worse.

10. Child characters who are noticeably more mature.

11. Almost every character including minor characters endures great suffering at some point.

12. Her evil characters attempt to elevate their social status through marriage and to that end, they will even commit murder.

13. Someone always appears to punish the evildoer, and that person is usually someone besides the main character.

14. Because there is always chaos until the last episode, there is never any time to enjoy peace or restoration for the good characters.

15. She appears to have a fire fetish, and every drama features fire. The fire appears to express burning feelings of vengeance.

16. Almost every drama features a car accident involving a murder-suicide attempt. Usually a good character is threatened while a bad character is trying to hide a secret for his survival.

17. Always features someone falling into water, usually for the same reasons as above.

18. Bad characters usually receive punitive justice, although one or two characters are rehabilitated. The punishment is always depicted.

19. But there is always one bad character who never receives due punishment.

20. Bad characters are always punished, and there is a written explanation. (?)

21. Lead character's biological mother always dies.

22. Bad characters often become mentally impaired due to amnesia or age regression. If this happens, their personality changes to the opposite of what they used to be.

23. Characters from her previous shows sometimes make cameos.

24. Sometimes villains are born rich (e.g., Cheon Seo Jin), but the ultimate villain is always born poor (e.g., Ju Dan Tae). They are depicted as having become more vicious and talented at evil deeds due to their poor environment. They tend to survive until the very last moment. (This is contrary to the usual K-drama pattern: born rich = evil, born poor = good)

25. Starting from "Jang Bo-Ri is Here!" she begins to write characters who do evil deeds not for herself but her child. Their stories always end by the evildoer becoming no longer able to recognize their child.

26. Characters who died come back to life.

27. Villains who were the housekeeper or other hired staff.

28. Loser evil character who always gets punished.

29. A male character who appears to interfere with the female character always becomes the romantic interest for that female character.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

How nasty and cruel are the villains in Jang Bori and Temptation of Wife? I've heard of these 2 shows but never actually watch them, I've heard that both Lee Yoo Ri and Kim Seo Hyung become associated with their villains role too much that it kind of affect their career and personal life :sweat_smile::joy: 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, abwxyz said:

How nasty and cruel are the villains in Jang Bori and Temptation of Wife? I've heard of these 2 shows but never actually watch them, I've heard that both Lee Yoo Ri and Kim Seo Hyung become associated with their villains role too much that it kind of affect their career and personal life

Totally agreed with you.

You can call this a note to the future me (that might re-read this at the end of the series). As of today, EP 11 will air tomorrow - the trailer has been long translated and 

What I am hyped for (pretty secured through EP11 trailer and others):

- The psycho x Su Ryeon's living bio daughter facing off

- psycho's great escape back to the Penthouse

- psycho getting owed by the Haeyon (where he got the money last two episodes)

- the psycho's fall from the penthouse to his death

- Diva getting exposed for her murder of the backstabby B

- Diva's daughter getting the hell she deserves

- Diva suffering. Just her suffering.

- RN living the life of a prima donna she deserves, with SH at her side

- RN x SH reunion

- Jenny and her family being happy after her father comes clean about how and what has happened for the two murders

What I hope and theorize might happen, my questions:

- The queen's living bio daughter exposing the diva's 'murder' towards her dad back in S1

- The evidence of it magically appearing again since the diva didn't really delete the video 

- Sickly-sexy Dr. Ha telling his daughter that Ro Na is her half-sister, making her go crazy (since she is related to the person who has been bringing her life upside down, and/or since despite the olive branch RN handed her, she was the reason why backstabby B died, and wrongfully so. (Hope - Theory: the girl is going to become a junkie.)

- I wonder how the police and judge will be involved. And how our Queen will throw shade, since in the end of S2, psycho was sent to lifetime prison due to multiple charges, but somehow he got free without all of us knowing how (I mean blaming Logan on sb's death is not gonna make his charges miraculously disappear, the whole things with RN, the 'trying to lie the court', etc.)

- Diva going crazy by herself (due to her daughter sneaking in the meds), asking for Backstabby B's forgiveness for killing her, slashing her throat in a public setting, with the 'friends' who graduated from Seoul Music Uni somehow supporting - at this point Diva has no other choice but to admit all that she has done

- Diva's little sweetheart becoming a junkie with her obssessive housemaid as a drug supply line (where she get da money doe...?)

- Backstabby B coming back for her daughter... she needs u ajumma...

- Possible investigation on how the psycho died? (since that was the opening scene)

- How will the whole 'incident-five-years-ago' with Jenny's dad taking the fall come to light?

- How is Min Hyuk and his mom going to trick the comedic re-lee-f family?

I'll add more later. 

• Like 1

At this point i will just accept the fact that OYH really gone for goods... :dissapointed: eventhough got some loopholes that show she is alive, i just thought that only error mistake by production... goodbye OYH, you have done the job very well... so many people will take revenge for u... :criesariver:

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Aolian said:

I wonder how the police and judge will be involved. And how our Queen will throw shade, since in the end of S2, psycho was sent to lifetime prison due to multiple charges, but somehow he got free without all of us knowing how

I won't be surprise that at ep 13, both of them will receive their jail sentence. Ep 14 will screen 3 years later that Both of them will be release along with Dong-pil. They will announce season 4 & 5. :wut:

• LOL 2

18 hours ago, Marshi said:

At this point i will just accept the fact that OYH really gone for goods... :dissapointed: eventhough got some loopholes that show she is alive,

Looks like she has been spotted filming for the past few hours, but people say it may be a flashback or she will appear as a ghost:astonished:

i haven't seen entire today's episode yet but i saw spoilers on social media i don't worry about them on this last scene, i am sure they are all alive maybe some will injured or else will have nothing like rona seen the spoiler of her future
I have the impression that Seojin will end up very poor and alone, the last photos of the shoot seem to indicate it.

• Like 1