[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

But OYH's corpse had no broken leg and it was reported. Secondly, killing off a main character is rare in most dramas.

Maybe Eugene had gotten a new drama and needed a fast exit. 

There is still one more episode left OYH could still be alive. 

All I can say is that the writer and PD should have just decided to end it in season two. Third season is a horrible mistake. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

There is still one more episode left OYH could still be alive. 

All I can say is that the writer and PD should have just decided to end it in season two. Third season is a horrible mistake. 

I know... I am just so distraught at the way writer Kim treated Yoonhee. She was my favorite character.

I agree. The ending for season 2 was perfect. Season 3 could've been something but it ended up being terrible.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:
and also @Marshi the spoiler that Eunseok posted is definitely related to drama, am i right? hehe
  Hide contents

Ejiah posted the blurry pics then reporter gone wild saying she is dating at late of night. Later eun seok post the 4k pics to make it clear she is with him filming on that day. I mean this situation is not drama related eun seok literally help jiah explain the situation...:heart:

On 8/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, Marshi said:

I mean the post that eun seok said as a 'Spoiler' is not drama related... it was an answered for the news that report about jiah post last week since jiah not mention who he is with blurred photo...kekekeke! But ofcourse the photo taken while they are filming the drama together...:partyblob:

@AlexandraReidi have explqin here..not sure u get what i mean...sorry for my bad english...:grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I want to believe that the writer didn't originally wanted to kill off OYH. I really think Eugene left the show and the writer made no choice. I really think that fake BJK was suppose to get involved with OYH more and possibly help her find out that she is JDT's real sister. That would of been a big twist if OYH was still alive.

Also, why create a redemption arc for CSJ in Season 2 but only to turn her more evil in Season 3? 

We may never know until after the series ends.      

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Totally agreed. Her image...worst, highest damaged among all. I guess that is the price she is paying.

for the salary it is obvious that she earned more than the others but her image? the actress herself? I don't see it like that, on the contrary, everyone realizes that she is a very talented actress, it's a bonus for her

• Like 5

15 hours ago, marrez1 said:

for the salary it is obvious that she earned more than the others but her image? the actress herself? I don't see it like that, on the contrary, everyone realizes that she is a very talented actress, it's a bonus for her

Yess agreed with you... i never seen harsh comment towards villian actor and actress...only their character people hate, not actress... UKJ and KSY have been more known through this series..their talent no joke...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Marshi said:

Yess agreed with you... i never seen harsh comment towards villian actor and actress...only their character people hate, not actress... UKJ and KSY have been more known through this series..their talent no joke...

Agreed! It just proved that the actors has the range, the charisma, and prowess to playing both villains and protagonist role which proves their versatility as a performer. For me personally its very refreshing to see actors trying various roles throughout their career.

I remembered Song Yoon-Ah received praises when she played the lead villain back then in K2. And recently, Lee Seung Gi also applauded for doing the same villainous turn in Mouse. Hoped to see more famous actor/actress in their peak years played villain roles just like them.

• Like 3

Eugene already played on the bad side in 'Bread. Love, and Dreams.' That character was villain enough for me. I can wait for her to become older before giving her the mean mother in law when she hits her fifties. I'm not ready to start despising one of my very favorite actresses/people. I hate the bad guys! <_<

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

How was she a villain? She was the main protagonist's first love.

By dumping her first love for the rotten guy that she ended up with while after chasing money. Somewhat like the character of Oh Yoon Hee, who went from good (vowing to protect her daughter and fight back against the purveyors of injustice and sociopathic behavior, in episode one of season one) to unforgivably evil (murdering a poor orphan girl who had no one else in the world to protect her) to diabolical (sleeping with the enemy while moving up floors in the penthouse) to heroic martyr (giving her life to save another's.) It's the murder of Min Soel-A, that did it for me. You can't go back from the murder of innocents. For me, I've seen enough of Eugene's dark side. She picked up awards for her soiled dove characters in both of these dramas. I'm ready to see her sunny smile and caring person return. I respect your personal choice for her though. I only began this drama to see her again, and am impressed with the many faces that are new to my eyes, but this drama has been mostly a labor of loathe, for me. I'm compelled to see it through, but am hoping to meet these players seeing happier days in the future. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, obbor4 said:

By dumping her first love for the rotten guy that she ended up with while after chasing money.

Oh wow.

6 minutes ago, obbor4 said:

For me, I've seen enough of Eugene's dark side. She picked up awards for her soiled dove characters in both of these dramas.

I believe she was morally grey. I love morally grey protagonists and I hope she plays more characters like these, it's very interesting.

7 minutes ago, obbor4 said:

I respect your personal choice for her though. I only began this drama to see her again, and am impressed with the many faces that are new to my eyes, but this drama has been mostly a labor of loathe, for me. I'm compelled to see it through, but am hoping to meet these players seeing happier days in the future. :)

I know! I'm thinking of watching some of Eugene's other dramas. I simply think that her playing a villain rather than a morally grey character would be interesting. (I still feel like Yoonhee should have stayed to the end. It was after a 5 year hiatus for our Eugene. Oh Yoonhee, come back! We need you!!) 

All the actors did an amazing job in this drama! I really do hope they play "brighter" characters in the future. I will be watching their future projects! :fullofhearts:

• Like 5

Okay, so, just in case I saw this correctly:

As JUDANTE! lay dying, there was a flashback of all the people he murdered (or tried to murder). Su-Ryeon's first husband, stabbing Rona in the head, Yun-Hui, Logan, Real JuDanTe's father... and they did show him pushing Min Seol-Ah off Hera Palace, didn't they? So he is the real murderer of Min Seol-Ah?

*sigh*

One more episode left. I'm going to watch it, *not* question it, and then just convince myself that the entire thing was a fever dream.

Just want to say that Kim So-Yeon is flippin' amazing. The way her face curdled when Yun-Cheol said Yun-Hui's name with his dying breath... she's soooo good.

This show is a bonkers s***show in so many ways, but some of the actors were really good here, and  Kim So-Yeon was just simply awesome.

Also, even though nothing actually matters in this show, I do feel heartened to see how *good* all the kids have become. Because they were seriously giant a-holes in S1.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Okay, so, just in case I saw this correctly:

As JUDANTE! lay dying, there was a flashback of all the people he murdered (or tried to murder). Su-Ryeon's first husband, stabbing Rona in the head, Yun-Hui, Logan, Real JuDanTe's father... and they did show him pushing Min Seol-Ah off Hera Palace, didn't they? So he is the real murderer of Min Seol-Ah?

*sigh*

One more episode left. I'm going to watch it, *not* question it, and then just convince myself that the entire thing was a fever dream.

Just want to say that Kim So-Yeon is flippin' amazing. The way her face curdled when Yun-Cheol said Yun-Hui's name with his dying breath... she's soooo good.

This show is a bonkers s***show in so many ways, but some of the actors were really good here, and  Kim So-Yeon was just simply awesome.

Also, even though nothing actually matters in this show, I do feel heartened to see how *good* all the kids have become. Because they were seriously giant a-holes in S1.

Nope the real killer OYH..but literally JDT the one have intention to killed her...that was OYH imagination OYH in season 1...Eugene has confirmed this in their latest talk show called tokopedia...

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marshi said:

I cant believed we still have to make a prediction weather SSR alive or not till the end of season...:sleepy:

My prediction: She is alive. She want to bring LL meet her deceased parent. Hope so. :Please:

Seem like the SSR character will 'die' and she will adopt another identity 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1